HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discussion: Road to the Playoffs (Last 12 games of reg. season)

Old
04-07-2013, 03:53 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadzedder View Post
Because we're Red Wing fans. What the **** does not getting a 2nd for White or not landing a rental have to do with us cheering on our team? Seriously?

Seems like some of you guys need to sit the rest of this one out. Cluttering the message boards with negative garbage. For real.... Take a break. We'll be happy to have you back in September.
Ok, Dad. I'll go to bed without dinner. Are you 12? It is a message board for discussion. Sorry I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid and am not short sighted enough for you.

How about we make legitimate changes to our team, in a positive way, and hope for success? Surrounding Z & D with mediocrity is not going to land us any sort of success. We just hang on to the same aging players expecting them to do something different than the year before.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
obey86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Whats your enjoyment level for losing in 5 games first round? My enjoyment level could be really high if we somehow did well in the lottery or had management realize the downward slope.

It's fine if you don't agree with what some people are arguing but it boggles my mind people can't at least understand the point.
More than it is not watching any playoff games. Why are you watching now then? What's the difference between now and in a few weeks when we are in the playoffs? Same boring/bad team, right?

Plus, as unlikely as it may be with how good the Hawks are, it would be nice to at least get the opportunity to spoil their season. Weirder things have happened in the playoffs.

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
More than it is not watching any playoff games. Why are you watching now then? What's the difference between now and in a few weeks when we are in the playoffs? Same boring/bad team, right?

Plus, as unlikely as it may be with how good the Hawks are, it would be nice to at least get the opportunity to spoil their season. Weirder things have happened in the playoffs.
You unsurprisingly managed to miss the point completely. I'm fine with watching a non-contender team. I'm watching right now. I'm watching for the progress of Kindl into a top 4 defensemen. I'm watching for Nyquist to show signs of magic. I'm watching to see if Tatar has 25 goal potential. I'm watching to evaluate Dekeyser. I'm watching to hope.

I am not watching in hopes of seeing guys like Sammuelson come back into the lineup. The 5 games of playoffs is not worth setting back the development. Losing with a purpose makes the whole process a lot more stomachable. It's fine if we're not a contender as long as we're taking the steps to become one again. Right now, I'm not sure if the Wings are meaning to. In a few years, all these horrific injuries to people like Bertuzzi will be looked at as a blessing in disguise.

I want us to make the playoffs. I'd love it if our young guys came out and showed the Blackhawks whats up in the first round. It probably won't happen though. And adding players like Sammuelson back probably won't change the outcome.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Ok, Dad. I'll go to bed without dinner. Are you 12? It is a message board for discussion. Sorry I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid and am not short sighted enough for you.

How about we make legitimate changes to our team, in a positive way, and hope for success? Surrounding Z & D with mediocrity is not going to land us any sort of success. We just hang on to the same aging players expecting them to do something different than the year before.

Nope. 37. And as for being your dad, probably not. But who knows.

I didn't give my opinion on deadline moves. That's not the point. It's about hoping for success regardless of moves made or not made. But if you're personally butt hurt and want to throw in the towel that's cool.

I think the thread was about the likelyhood we make the playoffs. It's time to call up Tatar. After Datsyuk he was creating the most chances when he was up.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
You unsurprisingly managed to miss the point completely. I'm fine with watching a non-contender team. I'm watching right now. I'm watching for the progress of Kindl into a top 4 defensemen. I'm watching for Nyquist to show signs of magic. I'm watching to see if Tatar has 25 goal potential. I'm watching to evaluate Dekeyser. I'm watching to hope.

I am not watching in hopes of seeing guys like Sammuelson come back into the lineup. The 5 games of playoffs is not worth setting back the development. Losing with a purpose makes the whole process a lot more stomachable. It's fine if we're not a contender as long as we're taking the steps to become one again. Right now, I'm not sure if the Wings are. In a few years, all these horrific injuries to people like Bertuzzi will be looked at as a blessing in disguise.

I want us to make the playoffs. I'd love it if our young guys came out and showed the Blackhawks whats up in the first round. It probably won't happen though. Adding players like Sammuelson back won't change the outcome, so why not start to move forward.
Even 5 games in the playoffs can be a good learning experience for guys like Lashoff, Dekeyser, Brunner, Smith, Kindl, Andersson...even if Nyquist/Tatar don't play (even though they very well could play...Nyquist did last year but I think someone was injured? Can't remember.).

I would not be surprised if Dekeyser is in the lineup the rest of the season...including the playoffs. He has size and Babs like that.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Nope. 37. And as for being your dad, probably not. But who knows.

I didn't give my opinion on deadline moves. That's not the point. It's about hoping for success regardless of moves made or not made. But if you're personally butt hurt and want to throw in the towel that's cool. I think the thread was about the likelyhood we make the playoffs.
And the whole point of my posts have been: what does it matter if we come 8th or 9th? Yes, it will be cool for a week or so to have played in the 1st round, but after that what does it accomplish?

1) Holland thinks we are still a playoff team, and doesn't need to do much of anything to our team (in his mind)
2) He uses injury excuse to say we would've done better this year, which is somewhat true, but hardly changes enough to make any seriously significant difference to our team (the difference between ~5th/6th and 8th, maybe)
3) We see basically the same team next year with more or less the same tired result of sliding more and more into mediocrity and getting bumped out of the playoffs early.

I must say that I am happy some of our young guys have been getting opportunities. Nyquist has been playing a good amount of minutes the last few games. Smith and Kindl are NHLers now. But I worry Kenny will be Kenny this summer and keep pulling in old plugs to keep the kids out, even though they've shown that they are fairly reliable (and majorly cheap/ affordable) pieces to build around.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Leadzedder

Didn't someone link to a chart that showed Detroit has the second most rookie games played this year? Is that not change? People complain about Bert and Sammy blocking kids yet they've only played like 5 games. It's complaining for the sake of complaining. If those 2 were healthy this year we'd be reminded of why they were signed. We wouldn't have 2 fourth lines every night.

Anyway, not gonna get into a debate. They are exhausting enough to read.

The difference between 8th and 9th is the playoffs. And a couple draft spots. It's not like a top 5 pick is the prize for failure. And regardless, the red wings not making the playoffs is not acceptable.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Syckle78

If you're familiar with the chart then I'm guessing you are familiar with why it's meaningless as an indicator of Hollands plan for the team.

Seems like you just can't handle anyone not praising the team. You don't want to debate you just want to do a drive by hissy fit about negativity. Thats cool, I guess.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Didn't someone link to a chart that showed Detroit has the second most rookie games played this year? Is that not change? People complain about Bert and Sammy blocking kids yet they've only played like 5 games. It's complaining for the sake of complaining. If those 2 were healthy this year we'd be reminded of why they were signed. We wouldn't have 2 fourth lines every night.

Anyway, not gonna get into a debate. They are exhausting enough to read.

The difference between 8th and 9th is the playoffs. And a couple draft spots. It's not like a top 5 pick is the prize for failure. And regardless, the red wings not making the playoffs is not acceptable.
1. Bert and Sammy would have started and kept playing. Thank God for injuries. Notice as soon as Sammy got healthy, he played, then got injured again. And that's the only reason the kids are playing.

2. It counts Brunner as a rookie. That's a good 30 games right there.

So if you're asking "is that not change." No. It's not. It's injuries. Hooray for looking at numbers and using them without having a clue as to how to analyze them.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
If you're familiar with the chart then I'm guessing you are familiar with why it's meaningless as an indicator of Hollands plan for the team.

Seems like you just can't handle anyone not praising the team. You don't want to debate you just want to do a drive by hissy fit about negativity. Thats cool, I guess.
Meaningless indicator of Holl....... What the **** are you talking about? Not everybody gets wood from debating non sense. Praise or critique all ya want. But if you want to cheer for failure it's time for you to move on, or as suggested shut 'er down for awhile.

Worse thing about the red wings this year..... Their message board fans. Brutal.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Meaningless indicator of Holl....... What the **** are you talking about? Not everybody gets wood from debating non sense. Praise or critique all ya want. But if you want to cheer for failure it's time for you to move on, or as suggested shut 'er down for awhile.

Worse thing about the red wings this year..... Their message board fans. Brutal.
Hahah.
Dude ... I don't want the Wings to miss the playoffs. But I fully understand the argument of those who do.

You telling them to "go away" or that they are cheering for failure shows that you are unable to understand opinions differing from yours. That's not a very endearing trait.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
If we miss the playoffs it won't be by much. Missing the playoffs might improve out draft position by 2-3 spots. If anyone would prefer to move up a couple spots at the draft in exchange for losing our streak / not having the playoffs and the opportunity that comes with it (even if we meet Chicago) then you're a retard.
That was my original post and I'm sticking with it. There's just no real benefit for missing the playoffs.

If earlier in the year a decision was made to tank. Trade all ufas for picks and play as many kids as possible. I might have been able to get behind that. Scrap a half year for the future. Ok.

Or if we sold the farm. Brought in some impact guys to give us the best shot to win while we have dats I coulda got on board with that.

But holland chose middle ground. He's got depth. The kids are getting ice time. We'll likely get in the show. He probably chose right.

People can have different opinions on things. State it once. Make it a sticky so you can reference it. Then shut the **** up and get on board for the rest if the season. Stop the whining.

Ya know?

Old
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
Even 5 games in the playoffs can be a good learning experience for guys like Lashoff, Dekeyser, Brunner, Smith, Kindl, Andersson...even if Nyquist/Tatar don't play (even though they very well could play...Nyquist did last year but I think someone was injured? Can't remember.).

I would not be surprised if Dekeyser is in the lineup the rest of the season...including the playoffs. He has size and Babs like that.
Woa, wait a minute here. Aren't you the guy who says it doesn't matter when prospects come up? Now you're admitting that there is benefit for them to be playing games at the NHL level.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
P U L L H A R D

A 37 year old calling fellow fans retards because they have differing opinions about the state of their favourite team on a message board.

Pulitzer Prize nominee?

Old
04-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Leadzedder

Hey sunshine. I just noticed there's a thread called organizational direction. Lets continue our stupid conversation over there. Feel free to start without me.

Get this thread back on track.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:52 PM
aar000n

The problem with missing to get a better pick is most NHL players take years to be ready. Only players like Yzerman and super Mario played super as rookies.

aar000n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
That was my original post and I'm sticking with it. There's just no real benefit for missing the playoffs.

If earlier in the year a decision was made to tank. Trade all ufas for picks and play as many kids as possible. I might have been able to get behind that. Scrap a half year for the future. Ok.

Or if we sold the farm. Brought in some impact guys to give us the best shot to win while we have dats I coulda got on board with that.

But holland chose middle ground. He's got depth. The kids are getting ice time. We'll likely get in the show. He probably chose right.

People can have different opinions on things. State it once. Make it a sticky so you can reference it. Then shut the **** up and get on board for the rest if the season. Stop the whining.

Ya know?
So you believe that him signing/keeping aging and mediocre plugs instead of beginning the youth movement or actually making signings through free agency was probably a good choice? I don't get that. You know why -- because Holland has failed at everything other than having a team that has a shot at making the playoffs -- which isn't an incredible feat considering they're 5 years removed from winning a cup. Few teams with half decent management go from contending to bottom feeding that quickly. He could have kept this team afloat without signing plugs meant to keep the future of this team down in the minors for another year or two. Saying that the prospects are getting ice time now does not hold up in his defense because the spots in the line up opened due to injuries. He did not foresee or hope for these injuries to Bert and Sammy. This sudden youth movement is a cop out. If he really had his eyes on the future he would have freed this team of the mediocre players keeping the future of this team off the ice. We'll see what he does in this off-season but I'm expecting him to continue to do what he's done that past 4 or 5 years -- bring one rookie up as a depth player and sign more veterans.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Hey sunshine. I just noticed there's a thread called organizational direction. Lets continue our stupid conversation over there. Feel free to start without me.

Get this thread back on track.
You've already shown your inability to debate your position by saying anyone who disagrees with you is a retard, as well as making a snarky flyby implication that you slept with my mother, so why in the world would I or anyone else bother to have any sort of discussion with you? Your arrogance has already derailed this thread beyond any point of return.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:23 PM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Woa, wait a minute here. Aren't you the guy who says it doesn't matter when prospects come up? Now you're admitting that there is benefit for them to be playing games at the NHL level.
if the alternative is sitting at home doing nothing, yes.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
You've already shown your inability to debate your position by saying anyone who disagrees with you is a retard, as well as making a snarky flyby implication that you slept with my mother, so why in the world would I or anyone else bother to have any sort of discussion with you? Your arrogance has already derailed this thread beyond any point of return.
Right on.

Anyway. The 3 teams chasing us all play 2 games before our next one. Could potentially be a 4 way tie for 8th by the time the puck drops. That's ugly

Old
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Syckle78

Quote:

Now I see why you don't want a debate. You're more interested in making juvenile posts bashing fans that disagree with you. So far we know about you us that you can't handle negativity on a message board concerning a game and you refuse to debate anything opting instead to cry about others. 37 you say? I hope you were lying about your age, tbh.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:42 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
So to change the mood around here the Jackets lost 3-0 so they didn't gain anything on us today. Now we can hope that Phoenix & Edmonton also lose tomorrow and we're back to where we were today. Dallas also won today in a SO against the Sharks and have put themselves back into the race. Whatever way this unfold this should produce some exciting hockey the rest of the way.

As much as it hurts tomorrow I'll be rooting for the Ducks and Vancouver, hopefully neither game goes to OT and they win it in regulation.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:57 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
So to change the mood around here the Jackets lost 3-0 so they didn't gain anything on us today. Now we can hope that Phoenix & Edmonton also lose tomorrow and we're back to where we were today. Dallas also won today in a SO against the Sharks and have put themselves back into the race. Whatever way this unfold this should produce some exciting hockey the rest of the way.

As much as it hurts tomorrow I'll be rooting for the Ducks and Vancouver, hopefully neither game goes to OT and they win it in regulation.
Root.... for the Ducks....

I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Root.... for the Ducks....

I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil.
Well how about we say we're rooting against Edmonton. You know what they say, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Now I see why you don't want a debate. You're more interested in making juvenile posts bashing fans that disagree with you. So far we know about you us that you can't handle negativity on a message board concerning a game and you refuse to debate anything opting instead to cry about others. 37 you say? I hope you were lying about your age, tbh.
I might be 38. Haven't done the math lately.

For every one poster there's 10 readers. And reading through pages upon pages of negative crap is tiresome. This place has some great posters and great info. Seems some of the LGW junk found its way over here the last couple years. But anyway.... I'm bowing out.

Last edited by Leadzedder: 04-07-2013 at 08:44 PM.