HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Honest feeling about playoffs?

Old
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Obviously we want it.

The thread title is what is your ''honest feeling'' though.
In that case, my honest feeling is that MTL has as good a chance as anyone in the playoffs to win the Cup. They can beat anyone and as long as they don't try to play physical with bigger teams they'll probably be in the ECF at least.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

Please stop advertising for that clown, he embarasses Habs fans. Not to mention it's a giant jinx every year.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Please stop advertising for that clown, he embarasses Habs fans. Not to mention it's a giant jinx every year.
Even if this was cool at some point, it no doubt got old and lame pretty quick. It feels like 2013 to me...

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:36 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

I wrote this song. I initially called it feels like 1923 but they felt it would reach out to the younger fans

coolasprICE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:38 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

We've lost consecutive game twice....the week of the leafs ass ******...and the buffalo - pit losses......Thats it......twice.

That is absolutely astounding....The only thing.....the one and only thing that hinders us is health problems.....we're playing this well now...and we've been without bourque and diaz for so long.....what happens when we get them back? Do you guys remember how well both of them were playing? If we stay healthy in the playoffs, we can beat anyone.....anyone....there will be no upsets if we win 4 straight rounds...because we are contenders...get used to it..and get ready for a ride.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Captain Saku

I just hope we dont face the rangers in the 1st round. It's extremely dangerous to face a hot goalie in the playoffs and Lundqvist seems to be getting hot lately.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Saundies

I think that, with a healthy squad, we can make a decent run. I'm not predicting a cup or anything but I do think we have just a good of chance as any team in the East coming out. I agree with the posters here who say that the first round match up is extremely important in dictating whether we go far or not.
If its a first round war, I don't see us going the distance but a skilled based 5 or 6 gamer might be what the team needs to get into playoff mode

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
My honest feelings? The playoffs are a crapshoot and no one truly knows who is going to step-up and disappear, especially us with a bunch of players who don't have much playoff experience.
This

The B's in 2011 could have easily been done in by the Habs

In 86, the Oiler's dynasty was broken by Steve Smith scoring into his own net in a tied game elimination game vs Flames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DbP7wqCwq8

In 93, Mario's Pens were brought down by another team... and the Habs won those legendary 10 OTs.

Crapshoot all the way...

With a solid team of course.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I just hope we dont face the rangers in the 1st round. It's extremely dangerous to face a hot goalie in the playoffs and Lundqvist seems to be getting hot lately.
Except the Rangers haven't won in MTL since black and white television

Old
04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
coolasprICE

writing a new one ..goes a lil somethin like this..

yo yo..

les habs...cest comme des jabs...vite et fort...25 fois baby for ko yo yo man les habs aaahh yAA

commes des jabs 4 real 4 real..MTL in the hoouuusee..make It happen cette equipe est 4 real yo...25 fois..2013...mtl....go habs....koko yo

Old
04-07-2013, 05:57 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
writing a new one ..goes a lil somethin like this..

yo yo..

les habs...cest comme des jabs...vite et fort...25 fois baby for ko yo yo man les habs aaahh yAA

commes des jabs 4 real 4 real..MTL in the hoouuusee..make It happen cette equipe est 4 real yo...25 fois..2013...mtl....go habs....koko yo

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I think the habs will be a handful, but for whatever reason, I still feel like the underdog. I'd be quite surprised if the habs have a deep run.

The team has to prove it to me when it counts, because there are some new core players who are untested in the playoffs.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
the entire video is as real as it gets .. MTL got some insane talent YO!... I'll double that yo, make it a YO YO GO HAB GO ...............LoLZ

It takes a lot of work to get an entire crew for a video willing to make total total ass fools of themselves ... not just 1 or 2 but an entire crew of ass fools.... Bunch of BBR GAAAANGSTAAAAA's (FYI to clarify bleu blanc rouge = BBR)

it takes a lot of self-lie and a community of bad taste to do this ... gotta respect

Old
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Beendair Donedat

All depends on who we play and how the officials call the game. I can tell you that if the Habs play a team like the Rangers in the first round they're in trouble. Bigger tougher teams will wear this team out, especially if the refs swallow their whistles.

The lack of depth on defense is frightening as well...

I think they'll get out of the first round, but I don't expect much after that... Hope I'm wrong.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:38 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Anything can happen but I wouldn't be surprised if the rags pull a LA kings. The rangers are in a confidence building process and it's scary.

If we avoid this team, I'd see us in the SC finals.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
rockjngo

Goaltending
Defense
Grinding

that's the key.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Except the Rangers haven't won in MTL since black and white television
95-96 habs up 2-0 coming home to Montreal, they lose the next 4, 3 of them in Montreal.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
schumway2

Can we file a motion for people to stop posting these lame frigin rap songs about the Habs? Thanks

On topic, the Habs can cause some damage in the playoffs this year. It's the weakest field I've seen in years. The only true threat is the Penguins and the way it stands they won't be seeing them until the ECF, if at all. Otherwise, the Capitals, the Senators, the Bruins, the Leafs....the Rangers (last win at BC - 2009 lol)? None of those teams are world beaters.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
EveryDay

I don't want to face NYR Boston and Toronto in the first round. Wish we face Ottawa NYI or Devils.

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

I want the Cup.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:52 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Can we file a motion for people to stop posting these lame frigin rap songs about the Habs? Thanks

On topic, the Habs can cause some damage in the playoffs this year. It's the weakest field I've seen in years. The only true threat is the Penguins and the way it stands they won't be seeing them until the ECF, if at all. Otherwise, the Capitals, the Senators, the Bruins, the Leafs....the Rangers (last win at BC - 2009 lol)? None of those teams are world beaters.
Agreed. I think we too belong in that group on non-world beaters. Make no mistake we're a good team but we need to see the squad under true pressure to confirm their status. I have a feeling pitts gets knocked off, especially if they play the rangers. I'm confident we can make it past the first round, but the type of opponent we get will determine how fresh we'll be for the next round.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
95-96 habs up 2-0 coming home to Montreal, they lose the next 4, 3 of them in Montreal.
Oh 18 years ago? My bad.

How about NYR haven't won in MTL since before the comeback from 5-0!

Old
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

If the Habs get their injured players back I'd predict without hesitation that they'd win at least 2 rounds. Strange things happen during the playoffs, so they might be upset earlier or they might go to the finals.

I'd be curious to know what the surgical tankards predict (if they're not hibernating).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

I'm okay with anything except not showing up. I kind of feel that after last year we want to move in right direction and we have. If we win a few rounds, perfect but if we compete hard and make a little noise to carry over next season I'll be happy too.

I'm not sure what to expect at all in regards to the team. They still surprise me now.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Depends if Markov stays healthy, that's how I feel. With him we are a winning team, without him we are a 50-50.
I don't post here much often but wow, been a while since I've seen a username/avatar from my early days.

My honest feeling is the Habs could go all the way. "Could." There have been few times all year where we haven't won at least 4 out of 7 games. Of course, playoffs are a different story. The beasts become rabid and their teeth become sharper. But maybe ours will, too.

That being said, we could get a couple rounds in even if our team blows. Why? Carey Price.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote