HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Talk PART VII

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
Very simple on Theoret,he has earned and deserves to be signed. Get him to Bridgeport and lets go from there. As you know I saw him twice in person and the thing I saw was much improved skating. Will it get him to the NHL I will not proclaim it. I do want him in Bridgeport and see him try to make it.

Old
04-06-2013, 11:52 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Very simple on Theoret,he has earned and deserves to be signed. Get him to Bridgeport and lets go from there. As you know I saw him twice in person and the thing I saw was much improved skating. Will it get him to the NHL I will not proclaim it. I do want him in Bridgeport and see him try to make it.
Nah, at age 19 it has been decided, he is only worthy of being the butt of jokes. Why waste time seeing what he has in the AHL? Let him lead the OHL Playoffs in goal scoring, and then just let him walk, don't even call him. We can get career minor leaguers anywhere. Trust the experts.

Anyway here is Kichtons assists from last night

Old
04-06-2013, 12:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I agree. Get him to Bridgeport on a ATO and let his entry level deal kick in next season.

Not all these prospects will make it to the NHL. But, with so many promising ones, some will. If the isles find they don't have enough room on their nhl roster, what a great problem to have. That is when trades come in.

Don't draft a kid, have him develop well and not bother signing him because there are bigger names, higher drafted youngsters already in Bridgeport.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Griff threw a pretty big hit in the second period, ITM might post the video for that.
You mean this one? Hit followed by a clip of Probable 2013 1st Rd Pick Hunter Shinkaruk going against Griff, Icould have posted a half dozen of those, that was basically Shnkaruks night against Griff in a nutshell.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
You mean this one? Hit followed by a clip of Probable 2013 1st Rd Pick Hunter Shinkaruk going against Griff, Icould have posted a half dozen of those, that was basically Shnkaruks night against Griff in a nutshell.

Yes that is the one the Oil Kings radio announcers were saying. Thanks again.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Macch

Looks good. i like the breakout pass too. Whats great about Reinhart is the Islanders are in a position where they don't have to rush him. I'm already looking forward to him anchoring defense for Canada at the WJC. By all accounts he should be on the top pair. It would be nice for Pelech to find a spot on the team too.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:15 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Looks good. i like the breakout pass too. Whats great about Reinhart is the Islanders are in a position where they don't have to rush him. I'm already looking forward to him anchoring defense for Canada at the WJC. By all accounts he should be on the top pair. It would be nice for Pelech to find a spot on the team too.
how long is reinhart's suspension for at the international level? i think it was for four games and i believed he has served one. with three games remaining on this suspension, he'll miss half the tournament.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
how long is reinhart's suspension for at the international level? i think it was for four games and i believed he has served one. with three games remaining on this suspension, he'll miss half the tournament.
It's true, He'll miss the first three games in the Prelim round (Germany, Czech Rep and Slovakia) He would be able to return for their 4th game against the US and play in the Medal round. Pretty sure his suspension won't be a big deal, they will have the depth to get by without him for a few games.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:17 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
Has Reinhart ever commented on his actions? Looking at the video it's hard to think anything, but he was frustrated and intended to swing at the other guy.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

What happened to Kirill Kabanov?

Old
04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
If you mean why hasn't he played most of the season, he had a gash on his arm that needed healing.

If you mean why haven't you heard much from him while he has been playing, it's because he's not nearly as good as most make him out to be and doesn't have the heart to reach his potential.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
He suffered an arm injury when he was cut by a skate blade, just 4-5 games into the season. He missed most of this season. He's come back, but found himself in the coaches doghouse. He was a healthy scratch, reportedly Pellerin wants more effort from him.

Both Kabanov and De haan will be in training camp, but it's been a wasted season for both. I like Donovan's chances better then De Haans to stick and Nino/Nelson's chances better then Kabanov's.

Old
04-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Kabanov is a healthy scratch tonight as well.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Fan101

Theoret Hat Trick

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/64513

Old
04-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Degeneration Rex

Portland 3, Spokane 0-Kichton, even. Portland leads series 2-0.

Sunday
Barrie at Oshawa, game three.
Medicine Hat at Edmonton, game two.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 04-07-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Degeneration Rex

Adam Pelech will have a new teammate in Erie next seaon, Dylan Strome was taken second overall in the OHL Draft.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Tavares2Hall

I just heard that Anders Nilsson has been cleared to play. I knew he was back skating, but was unsure of availability in games.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:25 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2Hall View Post
I just heard that Anders Nilsson has been cleared to play. I knew he was back skating, but was unsure of availability in games.
He has been suited up and on the bench the past few games as DiPietros backup.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:28 PM
IslandersFan17

This may sound silly, however, would anyone be opposed to sending Lee to the Bridge and calling up Nelson. I mean the kid just looks like he is over matching everyone in the minors. Lee looks hesitant (which is expected) and might be more of a liability than an asset.

Don't get me wrong I love Anders. I am probably getting my next jersey with lee on the back. However, Nelson is just off the charts IMO. Could end up being the stamp on Snows draft legacy with the Islanders.

P.s. How expensive would it be for a Strome sound tigers jersey?

Old
04-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Degeneration Rex

Sunday

Barrie 4, Oshawa 0-Theoret, even. Barrie leads series 3-0.
Edmonton 2, Medicine Hat 0-Reinhart, even. Edmonton leads series 2-0.
Note-Reinhart threw a big hit with around 2:15 left in the second.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 04-07-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 07:41 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
I follow some teams closely, Barrie being one of them. I'm not that familiar with Oshawa, only sen them a few times this year.

First Period was a good one (although a ton of whistles). A lot of talent out there, Boone Jenner vs. Mark Schiefele is about as good as it gets at this level.

Oshawa looks like a really well coached team, always in position, really crisp breakouts, very organized, although they did take a few dumb penalties late in the period, including one with 2 seconds to go, that might cost them.

It looks really evenly matched but I really like Barrie's Goaltender Niederberger, he's 20 years old, really experienced, and really skilled. He hasn't been drafted or hyped (he's only 5'11") but I have watched him steal games for Barrie plenty of times, if he can do it once or twice this series, that could be enough to swing things in Barries favor.

Oshawa's goalie Daniel Altshuller is no slouch (Carolina drafted him in the 3rd round last year) but he's only 18 and doesn't have the experience of Niederberger, and frankly I think Niederberger is better at least at this point. SHould be a really fun series to watch.

1-1 after the first Period. Theoret is a +1, drove to the net with drew a defender and allowed Hall to hit Schiefele in the slot to bury a goal on the 3-on-2
Barrie took a 3-0 series lead tonight over Oshawa. Oshawa outshot Barrie 35-25 tonight at home. Niederberger shut them out and Barrie won 4-0. Like I said before the series, kid has potential to steal games and series, too bad he's only listed at 5'11" he would have been drafted by now had he been over 6'0". Other than that he has a tendency to go down a little too early so he can be beat high at times, but easier said than done.

THings are looking good for Theoret and company as hs Colts are up 3 games to none on Oshawa.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:04 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Sunday

Barrie 4, Oshawa 0-Theoret, even. Barrie leads series 3-0.
Edmonton 2, Medicine Hat 0-Reinhart, even. Edmonton leads series 2-0.
Note-Reinhart threw a big hit with around 2:15 left in the second.
Nice Call Rex, Pretty nice hit actually. I didn't watch the Oil Kings game today, watching too many other games today. I just quickly skimmed the 2nd period and picked out another clip of him knocking two Tigers toi the Ice (one of them Shinkaruk) on a 5 on 3 Penalty Kill. The hit you mentioned follows that play.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Barrie took a 3-0 series lead tonight over Oshawa. Oshawa outshot Barrie 35-25 tonight at home. Niederberger shut them out and Barrie won 4-0. Like I said before the series, kid has potential to steal games and series, too bad he's only listed at 5'11" he would have been drafted by now had he been over 6'0". Other than that he has a tendency to go down a little too early so he can be beat high at times, but easier said than done.

THings are looking good for Theoret and company as hs Colts are up 3 games to none on Oshawa.
Yep. Now I worry about the Bulls. If the Jets hadn't frigged around with Scheif, the Colts would likely have home ice.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:25 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Nice Call Rex, Pretty nice hit actually. I didn't watch the Oil Kings game today, watching too many other games today. I just quickly skimmed the 2nd period and picked out another clip of him knocking two Tigers toi the Ice (one of them Shinkaruk) on a 5 on 3 Penalty Kill. The hit you mentioned follows that play.

Love to see the BIG GRIFF throwing the body and playing physical

Old
04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Love to see the BIG GRIFF throwing the body and playing physical
He's played like this all year. Also still slow as molasses. Don't believe everything you read, the 'soft' labels and 'skates well for a big man' stuff are outdated and just recycled in nearly every scouting report you will read about him.

Happens to every player, those are just glaring examples for Reinhart.

Closed Thread