HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Kate

vCash: 500
I don't think anyone wants to comment on the horrific play of the rampage lately. that's why this board is so dead.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I don't think anyone wants to comment on the horrific play of the rampage lately. that's why this board is so dead.
TBH most of it is our fault for draining u because of injuries. We have your goalie and half your team. Its an unusual situation for sure.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
TBH most of it is our fault for draining u because of injuries. We have your goalie and half your team. Its an unusual situation for sure.
That is still not an excuse for the way they are playing. A lot of teams have had their call ups this season and still manage to put together a winning team.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:08 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Weber's comments after the game yesterday were very discouraging. He said he could think of only two players that he felt were deserving a callup. The team has quit and that's a direct reflection of the "veteran leadership" on this team.

I've been to practices. Nothing from the coaches has changed from last year. He's still intense and demanding. These guys have just flat out quit.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:21 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Weber's comments after the game yesterday were very discouraging. He said he could think of only two players that he felt were deserving a callup. The team has quit and that's a direct reflection of the "veteran leadership" on this team.

I've been to practices. Nothing from the coaches has changed from last year. He's still intense and demanding. These guys have just flat out quit.
That won't sit well with Tallon and Santos. Wonder who will be back next year?

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:28 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
That won't sit well with Tallon and Santos. Wonder who will be back next year?

I have a hard time thinking any of the UFA's will be back. And some of the RFA's are certainly in danger of not being qualified.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
I have a hard time thinking any of the UFA's will be back. And some of the RFA's are certainly in danger of not being qualified.
Doesn't sound like a good environment to bring kids into for the end of the year. Maybe that's why Bjugstad is up with the big club. Sorry for you guys a team that has quit sucks to watch. Even though I am on the tank wagon I expect them to play hard just hope they lose. Fans going to upset when Yonkman is gone thought he was a fan favorite.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
That's not a big list of players though. Guys that will be UFAs are Yonkman, Deveaux, Rallo and DGM. And the only RFAs are Timmins, Robak, Hamill, Rheault, Caruso, Foster, and Nash. I don't think it would fair to Robak & Caruso with how much time they spent not with San Antonio to not resign them based on the Rampage's performance lately. Beyond them, each of the other guys could stay or go and probably wouldn't matter. But it sounds like a true set of veteran leaders are needed next season. Especially with how many young players could be in San Antonio, I'm sure Santos & Tallon will make that a priority.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:23 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
That's not a big list of players though. Guys that will be UFAs are Yonkman, Deveaux, Rallo and DGM. And the only RFAs are Timmins, Robak, Hamill, Rheault, Caruso, Foster, and Nash. I don't think it would fair to Robak & Caruso with how much time they spent not with San Antonio to not resign them based on the Rampage's performance lately. Beyond them, each of the other guys could stay or go and probably wouldn't matter. But it sounds like a true set of veteran leaders are needed next season. Especially with how many young players could be in San Antonio, I'm sure Santos & Tallon will make that a priority.
You're right, it's not all that long of a list.

It is, however, the bulk of the so called "veteran leadership" that is the problem, IMO.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Kate

Nate, you're at the practices; what are the vets doing or not doing that has put this team in such a funk? We deserve more than this. Way more than this. I remember years ago when we had Perrault and the team had that horrible 17 game losing streak. He said that they would play just to be the spoilers for other teams' chances to make it into the playoffs. They were in last place (surprise surprise) but they were still playing hard. What's the difference in attitude?

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:25 PM
RampageNate

Trade deadline day in the AHL sees two Rampage players moving on to playoff contenders.

Defenseman Brendon Nash heads off to Charlotte to play with his brother, Riley and Zack Hamill heads to Milwaukee. Both players were loaned to their respective AHL clubs by the Panthers.

Old
04-10-2013, 04:33 PM
iam76

how does that work. Are they back with rampage next year?

iam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:03 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
how does that work. Are they back with rampage next year?
They are both on NHL deals with Florida, so they are still Panther property. They are also both RFA's after the season, so whether they will be back in SA depends on what the org. thinks of them.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Trade deadline day in the AHL sees two Rampage players moving on to playoff contenders.

Defenseman Brendon Nash heads off to Charlotte to play with his brother, Riley and Zack Hamill heads to Milwaukee. Both players were loaned to their respective AHL clubs by the Panthers.
Interesting moves for sure. Good idea to get them some playoff experience at least.

One thing you didnt mention was that the Rampage signed Alexander Delnov to an ATO. Not sure if you know this for sure but can a junior player sign an ATO with an AHL team but then still go back to his junior team next season? Usually prospects who sign ATO's are usually going to sign their full contracts in the offseason so not sure what his situation is. I know he was drafted out of Russia so he's probably not subject to that AHL-CHL rule but Delnov also probably could use more time in juniors to develop IMO.
Quote:
They are both on NHL deals with Florida, so they are still Panther property. They are also both RFA's after the season, so whether they will be back in SA depends on what the org. thinks of them.
I think it does say a little something about sending them to playoff contenders to get that experience. If its guys you're not even interested in extending at all, you wouldnt make a move like that. I think they are obviously evaluating them but both seem like players that would get re-signed IMO.

Old
04-11-2013, 12:56 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

This is Santos"s responsibility and he needs to fix it or move over. Its not fair to the SA fans to watch a product not giving 100%.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
luby3131

Quote:
Interesting moves for sure. Good idea to get them some playoff experience at least.

One thing you didnt mention was that the Rampage signed Alexander Delnov to an ATO. Not sure if you know this for sure but can a junior player sign an ATO with an AHL team but then still go back to his junior team next season? Usually prospects who sign ATO's are usually going to sign their full contracts in the offseason so not sure what his situation is. I know he was drafted out of Russia so he's probably not subject to that AHL-CHL rule but Delnov also probably could use more time in juniors to develop IMO.
Yes, Delnov can go back to his junior team next year, and likely will.

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Who the h*** is Jack Combs?

32 points, 17 goals in 39 games for SA. Only 24 or 25 years old. Not bad.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 12:23 AM
sirloin03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Who the h*** is Jack Combs?

32 points, 17 goals in 39 games for SA. Only 24 or 25 years old. Not bad.
Not to disagree, but Combs went 12+7=19 in 18 games with SA...Nevertheless, the only reason he isn't in SA or FLA next season is that he decides to go elsewhere...

sirloin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Plus Gomes and him seemed to be the only ones putting up any points these last few games.

Can only hope that next season will be much better than this one. We ended the season with an 11 game winless streak.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:40 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

What's the lineup look like next season?

Assuming no one makes the Panthers..

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
What's the lineup look like next season?

Assuming no one makes the Panthers..
Its unknown at this point, I'm sure there will be at least 2 veteran free agents signed to augment the team too. Here's the guys that are officially signed or RFA's going into next season (with the assumption none make the big club):

Forwards
Drew Shore
Nick Bjugstad
Quinton Howden
Vincent Trocheck
John McFarland
Jonathan Hazen
Anthony Luciani
Garrett Wilson
Matthias Lindstrom
Scott Timmins (RFA)
Zach Hamill (RFA)
Jon Rheault (RFA)

Defensemen
Alex Petrovic
Jonathan Racine
Josh McFadden
Michael Caruso (RFA)
Brendan Nash (RFA)

Goalie
Dov Gromet-Morris (AHL-only contract)
Michael Houser

This doesnt include possible guys like Selleck, Rallo & Foster who are UFAs from re-signing. It also doesnt include guys who do not currently have a contract which includes: F Corbin Knight, F Wade Megan, F David Pacan, D John Lee, F Jack Combs, F Jared Gomes, F Justin Vaive, F Josh Birkholz, & D Brian O'Hanley. That also doesnt factor in if they try to re-sign a guy like Robak and hope he passes thru waivers too.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:17 PM
RampageNate

Panthers "restructure" coaching staff in San Antonio.

Former assistant Jason Cipolla now the video coach in Florida.

Former HC, Chuck Weber, now the assistant coach and Dir. of Hockey Ops in SA.

New head coach is Peter Horacheck. Spent the last 8 seasons as an assistant with the Preds and was a successful IHL coach before that (alongside Weber).

I think Florida was happy with Chuck but felt the need to go towards a different philosophy. Weber is a player's coach and he completely lost the team this past season. I think they feel it might be time for a more hard-nosed guy to right the ship.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Its unknown at this point, I'm sure there will be at least 2 veteran free agents signed to augment the team too. Here's the guys that are officially signed or RFA's going into next season (with the assumption none make the big club):

Forwards
Drew Shore
Nick Bjugstad
Quinton Howden
Vincent Trocheck
John McFarland
Jonathan Hazen
Anthony Luciani
Garrett Wilson
Matthias Lindstrom
Scott Timmins (RFA) - Needs to clear waivers
Zach Hamill (RFA) - Needs to clear waivers
Jon Rheault (RFA)
Bobby Butler
Eric Selleck

Logan Shaw

Defensemen
Alex Petrovic
Jonathan Racine
Josh McFadden
Michael Caruso (RFA) - Needs to clear waivers
Brendan Nash (RFA) - Needs to clear waivers
Colby Robak (RFA) - Needs to clear waivers

Goalie
Dov Gromet-Morris (AHL-only contract)
Michael Houser

This doesnt include possible guys like Selleck, Rallo & Foster who are UFAs from re-signing. It also doesnt include guys who do not currently have a contract which includes: F Corbin Knight, F Wade Megan, F David Pacan, D John Lee, F Jack Combs, F Jared Gomes, F Justin Vaive, F Josh Birkholz, & D Brian O'Hanley. That also doesnt factor in if they try to re-sign a guy like Robak and hope he passes thru waivers too.
Updated thru 6/25

Old
06-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Updated thru 6/25
I didnt (and wouldnt) include Robak as I think he is gonna fight for a roster spot with Florida next yr. And with Brennan traded, it makes his path a little easier now to earn that spot.

The guys you listed that need to clear waivers all should but you missed Butler who also has to clear waivers.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
theq

Quote:
I didnt (and wouldnt) include Robak as I think he is gonna fight for a roster spot with Florida next yr. And with Brennan traded, it makes his path a little easier now to earn that spot.

The guys you listed that need to clear waivers all should but you missed Butler who also has to clear waivers.
I saw Robak play a couple of last years, and the reason this guy is not playing in the big leagues is he is everywhere on the ice he try to do too much and always caught out of position. a lot of talent but not well coached or he just doesn't have it in his zone

I think Petrovic has a advantage on Robak for a position on the Roster.

theq is offline   Reply With Quote