HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
what did he do? is he ahl eligible
He boarded a guy yesterday and got tossed from the game. The OHL is very strict with boarding and head shots.

Not until his team is officially eliminated. Then he can sign an ATO and join the Phantoms. Oshawa's down 2-0 right now so I don't know how many games the Phantoms would have left by the time it ends.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:12 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Your thinking of Popov. Bodrov went back to Russia because of his wife.
Wasn't Popov actually a highly ranked guy who dropped to the 7th round because of the Russian factor/unwillingness to come to US?

The final CSS rankings for Eu. skaters lists Bodrov at 65th. I can't fathom Bodrov having a lot of pre-draft hype, and surely by 2008 I don't think there was a lot to go on with limited RSL reports to increase his stock all that much, though I was always rooting for him to make it. I could be wrong though.

Looking back at the Flyer's draft though, and BCF16's lineup prediction, the most absurd thing is the percentage of guys from each draft that are predicted to be on the lineup (and I don't mean any disrespect to him, I respect his opinions):

2006: Giroux, Bodrov, Matsumoto, Lehtivuori (4 out of 10 picks)
2007: JVR, Marshall, Kempe, Kalinski, Maroon (5 out of 7 picks)
2008: Sbisa, Bourdon, Deserres, Rinaldo, Eriksson (5 out of 5 picks)

14 out of 22 picks total, which would amount to a 64% draft efficiency in three years. Though I am sure it was one of the less egregious predictions from that thread!

Old
04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He boarded a guy yesterday and got tossed from the game. The OHL is very strict with boarding and head shots.

Not until his team is officially eliminated. Then he can sign an ATO and join the Phantoms. Oshawa's down 2-0 right now so I don't know how many games the Phantoms would have left by the time it ends.
Oshawa is down 3-0 after tonight not 2-0

Old
04-07-2013, 08:17 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Parent's back injury completely messed up anything he would of had for a career in the NHL. Marshall just fell on his face and Sunshine was a victim of stupid contract management.
Parent's injury was truly tragic. He could have been a great defensemen, you could tell he had the hockey IQ but the guy's back was so bent out of shape he could barely move by the time he got to the Flyer's lineup.

Marshall was a true disappointment. In his cup of coffee in the NHL he looked nowhere near a competent player, even a guy like Lauridsen looks like he can hang in the league to a certain extent. Bourdon will be a decent NHLer if he ever recovers fully from PCS.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:21 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Oshawa is down 3-0 after tonight not 2-0
You're right. I wasn't really paying attention.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Wasn't Popov actually a highly ranked guy who dropped to the 7th round because of the Russian factor/unwillingness to come to US?

The final CSS rankings for Eu. skaters lists Bodrov at 65th. I can't fathom Bodrov having a lot of pre-draft hype, and surely by 2008 I don't think there was a lot to go on with limited RSL reports to increase his stock all that much, though I was always rooting for him to make it. I could be wrong though.

Looking back at the Flyer's draft though, and BCF16's lineup prediction, the most absurd thing is the percentage of guys from each draft that are predicted to be on the lineup (and I don't mean any disrespect to him, I respect his opinions):

14 out of 22 picks total, which would amount to a 64% draft efficiency in three years. Though I am sure it was one of the less egregious predictions from that thread!
Yea, it definitely is one of the more credible posts on that thread. I didn't mean to bring it up tobash the poster or anything like that I just found it funny how much turnover we have had since that post was made. How hard it is to predict what the team will look like in just 5 years time

Old
04-07-2013, 08:29 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Yea, it definitely is one of the more credible posts on that thread. I didn't mean to bring it up tobash the poster or anything like that I just found it funny how much turnover we have had since that post was made. How hard it is to predict what the team will look like in just 5 years time
Yeah, the Flyers are especially hard to predict. Though, the most realistic prediction for 2018 would be to include none of our current prospects and 2-3 random 32+ y/o NHL defensemen who will be among the leagues worst by then.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:32 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post

Yeah Popov fell because of Russian factor.
I remember halfway through a season Bodrov joined the Phantoms and instantly became one of the best defenseman on the team. He was slotted into the big clubs second pairing for the next season but something to do with his wife sent him home. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to argue if I could find the story I'd post it.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:32 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You're right. I wasn't really paying attention.
NP

Old
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Parent's back injury completely messed up anything he would of had for a career in the NHL. Marshall just fell on his face and Sunshine was a victim of stupid contract management.
Yeah, Sunshine was deemed not worthy of an NHL contract, and has been a total UFA for over a year. It's stupid that NOT ONE NHL TEAM has managed to offer him a contract.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:40 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Yeah, Sunshine was deemed not worthy of an NHL contract, and has been a total UFA for over a year. It's stupid that NOT ONE NHL TEAM has managed to offer him a contract.
His Elitserien stats are impressive. I don't know how well they compare leaguewide, but you would have to think this guy is on some NHL team's radars. It was certainly interesting that he was not re-drafted.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

Speaking of European prospects, does anyone know what happened to euroflyers? His name was teemu h and would tweet about all of the flyers prospects in Europe. Used to put out some pretty good updates but he hasn't posted anything since November

Old
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
SolidSnakeUS

What Flyers prospects are over in Europe?

Old
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Was at the Knights - Rangers game today and Stolarz was off the chart. Quite possibly his best performance in a Knights uniform today. Honestly, as tempered as excitement should be, the Flyers have a legitimate blue chip goaltender in Stolarz. I still maintain he's about four seasons away before he stars on the big stage, but damn, what a performance today. I never thought I'd say this, but kudos to the scouting staff for recommending Stolarz. Such a good pick. He might be the most important prospect in the system right now.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:49 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
What Flyers prospects are over in Europe?
The Russian d-man we drafted in the 7th round last draft is the only one I remember. Oh, and Larrson in the Swedish league, another d-man.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
The Russian d-man we drafted in the 7th round last draft is the only one I remember. Oh, and Larrson in the Swedish league, another d-man.
Valeri Vasilyev. He was a 7th round pick but he was the 16th ranked European Skater by CSS.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Was at the Knights - Rangers game today and Stolarz was off the chart. Quite possibly his best performance in a Knights uniform today. Honestly, as tempered as excitement should be, the Flyers have a legitimate blue chip goaltender in Stolarz. I still maintain he's about four seasons away before he stars on the big stage, but damn, what a performance today. I never thought I'd say this, but kudos to the scouting staff for recommending Stolarz. Such a good pick. He might be the most important prospect in the system right now.
What about the glove save that would have gave the rangers a 1-0 lead did you see and was it in to you think.?

Old
04-07-2013, 09:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
What about the glove save that would have gave the rangers a 1-0 lead did you see and was it in to you think.?
They have the highlights on the OHL website up now. His glove was in the net but its tough to spot the puck. It was very similar to that save Bryz made this year on Malkin that got reviewed and was called no goal. It's a tough call to make but it was the correct call for that situation. Hell of an effort by Stolarz though he went and got it.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Squad50FF

Hockey's Future has Stolarz topping out as a Mason comparable. Future looks bright

This of course was before his dominate season in the OHL. Is he really playing as well as the numbers indicate or is the team he is on sheltering him with their play?

Old
04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 365
I'm pretty certain if Parent would not have been so badly injured he would have been a great NHL D man for a long time, had everything going for him to be a fantastic shur down guy... such a shame. He looked better than Marc Staal and Dan Girardi when he played with them.

Frankly I am surprised he is still playing hockey, debilitating list of awful injuries, two ruined shoulders, a dodgy groin and a truly awful back injury... that he actually played through for a few games when it was further aggravated if I remember correctly! How on earth the Flyers medical staff cleared him to do that I have no clue, disc fragments from a herniated disc in his lower spine. I know he had a bulging disc when we acquired him, but to let it get that bad... I know I am not a doctor and have no insider info on it, but from the press releases at the time it seemed ridiculous.

I hate when people say he was a bust, guy had so much guts to keep getting back up and playing with such awful luck.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squad50FF View Post
Hockey's Future has Stolarz topping out as a Mason comparable. Future looks bright

This of course was before his dominate season in the OHL. Is he really playing as well as the numbers indicate or is the team he is on sheltering him with their play?
Mason has the tools he's just too much of head case at this point.

London's arguably the best team in the OHL with Plymoth. In the first round they steamrolled Saginaw and he wasn't challenged much that series from what I can tell by stats and highlights but still held his own. This series they're playing Kitchener a team closer to their talent level. Going off the comments from the London board Stolarz has been one the best players in this series so far. Many said he stole today's game for them.

I'm sure BCF16 can give a better write up than me though. I'm going off highlights, score sheets, and comments from the London board.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:07 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Stolarz is so tall he doesn't even need to go post to post, he just reaches

Old
04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
leafs had interest in him last off-season. after the season/playoffs he's having again he'll get looks this off-season. people on the SEL/Swedish board tend to agree with me.

Stolarz leads the ohl in gaa as well as sv%

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-07-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Stolarz is so tall he doesn't even need to go post to post, he just reaches
This seems to be the direction the position is going in. We're starting to see a lot more tall goalies. Rinne, Markstrom, Bishop, Lehner and prospects like Stolarz. The position seems to be trending towards taller than average guys who are athletic as well.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Yeah, Stolarz is pretty big. Really athletic for a goalie his size, though.

He had the longest wingspan of any draft eligible goalie in the 2012 draft. Was something like 81 inches.

Closed Thread