*OFFICIAL* Owen Sound Attack 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
Hound fan here, coming in peace and just want to say Gemel and the Attack got royally screwed on that disalowed goal... Should be going to OT right now.
Game 4 will be a dandy!
I seen the replay 10 times... I'm trying to understand why. I'm trying to understand how that wasn't any short of corruption in the league! WOW!!!

UPDATE...
correcting myself, I kept watching the replay on my PC at super slow mo. I apologize and stand corrected, Smith actually hit that puck OUT of the net. All he had to do is not touch it. WOW AGAIN!

Last edited by bidzey: 03-25-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 10:03 PM
HLLYWD99

vCash: 500
They are saying the puck never entered the net!
If it did go in there is no way it should have been called back.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:05 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
They are saying the puck never entered the net!
If it did go in there is no way it should have been called back.
I updated my post above. The red light went on, and the ref called it a goal, so I was taking for granted that the puck was seen in the net, and was just concentrating on the high stick initially.

Last edited by bidzey: 03-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 11:03 PM
overtheboards

look @ the play and concentrate on the puck only and youll see the puck goes about 30-40 feet over the net and its a blade that makes the twine move

Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
HLLYWD99

A great game and Kudo's to the Sault for holding court on home ice.
The only reason they never swept this series is Jordan Binnington!

Old
03-30-2013, 09:52 AM
bidzey

OS is what... 0/17 on Power Play? Coach as got to get off the Ceci band-wagon... Ever since he was brought over from Ottawa the coach always played him the full 2 minutes, exchanging Bigras and Chiarlitti for 1 minute each to partner him. When is the coaching going to get a clue as why they are 0/17 for the Power Play in the playoff? I know Ceci as got credentials but he's yet to impress me by a long shot.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:40 PM
HLLYWD99

Tip of the cap to the Hounds for a hard fought series.

Attack PP was brutal.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:44 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Attack PP was brutal.
management's own fault for not fixing the obvious

I expect OS prospering from this hard fought series in the next one, and Brace will be more than welcome to join the group again.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:06 PM
bidzey

quick question... does Rogers, Shaw, or whoever cover the playoff on TV when the games are in the States? or is it like the regular season?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Attack Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
quick question... does Rogers, Shaw, or whoever cover the playoff on TV when the games are in the States? or is it like the regular season?
I know 2 years ago Rogers sent their truck down to the States for coverage in the playoffs. I guess we will just have to sit and wait. If not...I'll be ordering it online! Not going to miss those games!!! I'm really surprised Sportsnet hasn't covered an Attack game this year.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Fan View Post
I'm really surprised Sportsnet hasn't covered an Attack game this year.
The last time they were there was game 4 of the OS/Missy championship series and I think the crowd scared the poop out of them.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Rogers doesn't send a truck, but you can get the feed from Plymouth (using the in-house video feed and radio announcers) online. That's what we did last year for the playoff games we couldn't attend.

As for Sportsnet, I'm really hoping they show a WHL game, a Q game, or an Attack/Whalers game. I detest those games.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:29 AM
HLLYWD99

AN ALL WHALERS/ATTACK AWARDS MONTH HMMMMMMM.............
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a..._142047/142047
Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced the Top OHL Performers of the Month for March, 2013, including Vince Trocheck of the Plymouth Whalers, defenceman Cody Ceci of the Owen Sound Attack, Whalers rookie Alex Nedeljkovic, and Attack goaltender Jordan Binnington.

OHL Player of the Month – Vince Trocheck (Plymouth Whalers):

Vince Trocheck of the Plymouth Whalers led the OHL with 28 points in 11 games played in March scoring 12 goals and 16 assists and recorded an impressive plus-minus rating of plus-17. He averaged more than two points per game collecting seven goals and nine assists in March regular season action finishing the campaign with a league-high 21-game point-streak to win the Eddie Powers Memorial Trophy as the OHL’s Top Scorer. He then averaged three points per game in the first round of the OHL Playoffs with five goals and seven assists for 12 points in the four-game series sweep of the Sarnia Sting that included a hat-trick performance with two assists as second star of the 11-2 Game 1 victory.

Trocheck, a 19-year-old from Pittsburgh, PA, is playing in his fourth OHL season. The Florida Panthers prospect was selected in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft and won gold with the United States at the 2013 World Junior Championship. He scored 50 goals and 59 assists for 109 points in 63 regular season games and finished the first round of playoffs tied for the scoring lead with 12 points in four games.

OHL Defenceman of the Month – Cody Ceci (Owen Sound Attack):

Cody Ceci of the Owen Sound Attack led all OHL defencemen in March scoring with 15 points in 13 games scoring three goals and 12 assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-8. He matched a career-high with a seven-game point streak that covered the Attack’s regular season schedule in March highlighted by just the second four-point performance of his career March 2 with two goals and two assists as first star of a 6-1 win over the Mississauga Steelheads. Ceci also recorded five assists in the Attack’s first round playoff series win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

Ceci, a 19-year-old from Orleans, ON, is playing in his fourth OHL season. Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the first round of the 2012 NHL Draft, Ceci finished the 2012-13 regular season second in scoring among defencemen with a career-best 64 points in 69 games.

OHL Rookie of the Month – Alex Nedeljkovic (Plymouth Whalers):

Alex Nedeljkovic of the Plymouth Whalers earns Rookie of the Month honours for the second straight month in goal posting a perfect 9-0-0-0 record including one shutout victory with a goals-against-average of 2.10 and save percentage of .919. His five straight wins to finish the regular season schedule helped the Whalers secure their second straight West Division title with 93 points in 68 games. He then backstopped the club to four straight wins over the Sarnia Sting in first round playoff action allowing just eight goals the entire series.

Nedeljkovic, a 17-year-old from Parma, OH, also earned the F.W. “Dinty” Moore Trophy having produced the best goals-against-average among OHL rookie goaltenders with a mark of 2.28 this season. Eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft, he finished the season with a 19-2-1-1 record including two shutouts and a save percentage of .923 in 26 appearances.

Vaughn OHL Goaltender of the Month– Jordan Binnington (Owen Sound Attack):

Jordan Binnington of the Owen Sound Attack collects his second Vaughn OHL Goaltender of the Month honour this season after posting an 8-1-1-2 record in March including one shutout victory with a league-best goals-against-average of 1.75 and save percentage of .945. His four wins in March to close out the regular season schedule helped the Attack lock up third place in the Western Conference before backstopping the club to a first round series win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds where he led all playoff goaltenders with 207 saves.

Binnington, a 19-year-old Gravenhurst, ON, native is a St. Louis Blues prospect selected in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft. Playing in his fourth OHL season, he helped the Attack earn the Dave Pinkney Trophy for the first time in franchise history presented to the club that allows the fewest goals against during the regular season with 165.

Old
04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Attack Fan

Quote:
AN ALL WHALERS/ATTACK AWARDS MONTH HMMMMMMM.............
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/a..._142047/142047
Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced the Top OHL Performers of the Month for March, 2013, including Vince Trocheck of the Plymouth Whalers, defenceman Cody Ceci of the Owen Sound Attack, Whalers rookie Alex Nedeljkovic, and Attack goaltender Jordan Binnington.

OHL Player of the Month – Vince Trocheck (Plymouth Whalers):

Vince Trocheck of the Plymouth Whalers led the OHL with 28 points in 11 games played in March scoring 12 goals and 16 assists and recorded an impressive plus-minus rating of plus-17. He averaged more than two points per game collecting seven goals and nine assists in March regular season action finishing the campaign with a league-high 21-game point-streak to win the Eddie Powers Memorial Trophy as the OHL’s Top Scorer. He then averaged three points per game in the first round of the OHL Playoffs with five goals and seven assists for 12 points in the four-game series sweep of the Sarnia Sting that included a hat-trick performance with two assists as second star of the 11-2 Game 1 victory.

Trocheck, a 19-year-old from Pittsburgh, PA, is playing in his fourth OHL season. The Florida Panthers prospect was selected in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft and won gold with the United States at the 2013 World Junior Championship. He scored 50 goals and 59 assists for 109 points in 63 regular season games and finished the first round of playoffs tied for the scoring lead with 12 points in four games.

OHL Defenceman of the Month – Cody Ceci (Owen Sound Attack):

Cody Ceci of the Owen Sound Attack led all OHL defencemen in March scoring with 15 points in 13 games scoring three goals and 12 assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-8. He matched a career-high with a seven-game point streak that covered the Attack’s regular season schedule in March highlighted by just the second four-point performance of his career March 2 with two goals and two assists as first star of a 6-1 win over the Mississauga Steelheads. Ceci also recorded five assists in the Attack’s first round playoff series win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

Ceci, a 19-year-old from Orleans, ON, is playing in his fourth OHL season. Selected by the Ottawa Senators in the first round of the 2012 NHL Draft, Ceci finished the 2012-13 regular season second in scoring among defencemen with a career-best 64 points in 69 games.

OHL Rookie of the Month – Alex Nedeljkovic (Plymouth Whalers):

Alex Nedeljkovic of the Plymouth Whalers earns Rookie of the Month honours for the second straight month in goal posting a perfect 9-0-0-0 record including one shutout victory with a goals-against-average of 2.10 and save percentage of .919. His five straight wins to finish the regular season schedule helped the Whalers secure their second straight West Division title with 93 points in 68 games. He then backstopped the club to four straight wins over the Sarnia Sting in first round playoff action allowing just eight goals the entire series.

Nedeljkovic, a 17-year-old from Parma, OH, also earned the F.W. “Dinty” Moore Trophy having produced the best goals-against-average among OHL rookie goaltenders with a mark of 2.28 this season. Eligible for the 2014 NHL Draft, he finished the season with a 19-2-1-1 record including two shutouts and a save percentage of .923 in 26 appearances.

Vaughn OHL Goaltender of the Month– Jordan Binnington (Owen Sound Attack):

Jordan Binnington of the Owen Sound Attack collects his second Vaughn OHL Goaltender of the Month honour this season after posting an 8-1-1-2 record in March including one shutout victory with a league-best goals-against-average of 1.75 and save percentage of .945. His four wins in March to close out the regular season schedule helped the Attack lock up third place in the Western Conference before backstopping the club to a first round series win over the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds where he led all playoff goaltenders with 207 saves.

Binnington, a 19-year-old Gravenhurst, ON, native is a St. Louis Blues prospect selected in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft. Playing in his fourth OHL season, he helped the Attack earn the Dave Pinkney Trophy for the first time in franchise history presented to the club that allows the fewest goals against during the regular season with 165.
I read this yesterday online. Should make for one heck of an interesting series!!!

Old
04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
bidzey

gotta like Nastasiuk. He as elevated his play and is very effective out there. He's doing himself big favors for the June draft.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Attack Fan

Quote:
gotta like Nastasiuk. He as elevated his play and is very effective out there. He's doing himself big favors for the June draft.
He's one of my favourites!!! Love his style of play! A couple more years in the OHL and he'll be one of the top all around players for sure!

Old
04-12-2013, 11:03 PM
bidzey

was that the most terrible game you ever seen tonight? 5-0 Whalers. OS didn't even do as much as creating a scoring chance for themselves. The worse effort I seen in 2 years!!!

15 penalties tonight... way to go boys!!!

Old
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Attack Fan

Quote:
was that the most terrible game you ever seen tonight? 5-0 Whalers. OS didn't even do as much as creating a scoring chance for themselves. The worse effort I seen in 2 years!!!

15 penalties tonight... way to go boys!!!
14 minutes of penalties in the first period and only 4 shots on goal!!! That style of play will never win a game!!!

Old
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM
HLLYWD99

Binner wins OHL goaltender of the year

http://www.attackhockey.com/article/...tender-of-year

And Nasty and Bigras win gold @ U18's

Closed Thread