HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - Flyers at Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
  #101
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
buddy i don't know where you looked but Cooter was playing with Read and Talbot
more often then anything else.
and yea he did play with Rinaldo but he also played
with Voracek sometimes and Simmonds. Go look at his highlights from last year,
and stop trying to make up ****.
Btw Matt read had 24 goals 47pts last year. Talbot 19goals and 34points.
How is Prust better then either one? and how is Eller better for points then Read?
And whats the reason that Chucky is doing better than Cooter still this year?
and how is Chucky facing less harder competition then Cooter when he's playing
on the 3rd line as a defensive role?
buddy you have no idea what your talking about, so just please get off this thread
and don't ever comment anymore.
No, actually you're incorrect (as usual). http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...11+13+15+17+19

That would be most common linemates for each Flyers player last year. If you scroll down to Couturier, you'll notice that the two most common forwards that he was paired with were Talbot and Rinaldo.

Eller has a higher PPG than Talbot and Prust has a higher PPG than Rinaldo, hence Galchenyuk played with the better linemates. Sorry, but that's the facts. You're wrong. Thanks for playing though.

As far as the rest of your rant:
-Couturier clearly faces tougher competition. IDK what to tell you if you can't figure that out. NHL coaches uses their 3rd lines differently. Ours matches the 3rd line up against other teams' 1st lines. Yours clearly doesn't do the same. Galchenyuk gets sheltered minutes while Couturier played the toughest minutes possible his rookie year. Sorry if that makes you angry, but that's the facts of the matter.

-I have tremendous respect for your players, I was simply replying to one extremely biased Habs fan trashing Couturier. I don't know why you felt the need to insert yourself in the middle, but if you want to continue this, I'm happy to do so because from a statistical standpoint, Galchenyuk's rookie year isn't really that impressive and it certainly isn't more impressive than Couturier's rookie year.

Does that say anything about which guy is more valuable? Nope. But FanHabtic was trashing Couturier and daring Flyers fans to compare Couturier's rookie year to Gally's so I did it, and the results aren't impressive for Gally.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
  #102
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
No, actually you're incorrect (as usual). http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...11+13+15+17+19

That would be most common linemates for each Flyers player last year. If you scroll down to Couturier, you'll notice that the two most common forwards that he was paired with were Talbot and Rinaldo.

Eller has a higher PPG than Talbot and Prust has a higher PPG than Rinaldo, hence Galchenyuk played with the better linemates. Sorry, but that's the facts. You're wrong. Thanks for playing though.

As far as the rest of your rant:
-Couturier clearly faces tougher competition. IDK what to tell you if you can't figure that out. NHL coaches uses their 3rd lines differently. Ours matches the 3rd line up against other teams' 1st lines. Yours clearly doesn't do the same. Galchenyuk gets sheltered minutes while Couturier played the toughest minutes possible his rookie year. Sorry if that makes you angry, but that's the facts of the matter.

-I have tremendous respect for your players, I was simply replying to one extremely biased Habs fan trashing Couturier. I don't know why you felt the need to insert yourself in the middle, but if you want to continue this, I'm happy to do so because from a statistical standpoint, Galchenyuk's rookie year isn't really that impressive and it certainly isn't more impressive than Couturier's rookie year.

Does that say anything about which guy is more valuable? Nope. But FanHabtic was trashing Couturier and daring Flyers fans to compare Couturier's rookie year to Gally's so I did it, and the results aren't impressive for Gally.
How am i trashing Couturier?

Is he slow? Yes
Is he having a regression this season? Yes
Is his point total unimpressive? Yes
Does he have the 3rd worst plus/minus on the Flyers? Yes

Is he a star in the making? Judging from the above - no. But he's young and has years of development ahead of him. I just don't see him becoming an elite player. I don't see the offensive potential in his game. I think he will be a very good defensive centerman. But that doesn't warrant the type of lavish praise that Flyer fans shower him with.

Galchenyuk has played very sheltered minutes by design. The Habs have depth on all lines and have had incredible success. They don't need to overplay Galchenyuk and they don't depend on his production. They just want to bring him up slowly and properly without undue pressures that come with playing in Montreal.

But this thread is more a comparison of Couturier to the OP's offer. The Habs would be idiotic to make a trade for a guy they don't need in a position of strength (Center).

Finally, Flyer fans have to come to terms with the fact that Couturier + will not land you an elite PMD (or a #1 PMD or a young up and coming #1 PMD). The likes of Pieterangelo, Subban, OEL etc. will never be made available. These types of players are untouchable.


Last edited by FanHabtic: 04-07-2013 at 10:15 PM.
FanHabtic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:27 PM
  #103
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Philly won't do this, habs won't give up what it takes to get couturier. Moving forward I don't think the habs need couturier, if they're trading assets its going to be for a winger not a center.
pretty much this, as good as Couturier might become, we don't need him...I'll keep NB and Leblanc.

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:43 AM
  #104
Devonator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Proud Darul Harbian
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
How am i trashing Couturier?

Is he slow? Yes
Is he having a regression this season? Yes
Is his point total unimpressive? Yes
Does he have the 3rd worst plus/minus on the Flyers? Yes

Is he a star in the making? Judging from the above - no. But he's young and has years of development ahead of him. I just don't see him becoming an elite player. I don't see the offensive potential in his game. I think he will be a very good defensive centerman. But that doesn't warrant the type of lavish praise that Flyer fans shower him with.

Galchenyuk has played very sheltered minutes by design. The Habs have depth on all lines and have had incredible success. They don't need to overplay Galchenyuk and they don't depend on his production. They just want to bring him up slowly and properly without undue pressures that come with playing in Montreal.

But this thread is more a comparison of Couturier to the OP's offer. The Habs would be idiotic to make a trade for a guy they don't need in a position of strength (Center).

Finally, Flyer fans have to come to terms with the fact that Couturier + will not land you an elite PMD (or a #1 PMD or a young up and coming #1 PMD). The likes of Pieterangelo, Subban, OEL etc. will never be made available. These types of players are untouchable.
How do you know Couts won't land us a first rate young d man? What nonsense! If Couts continues to develope into a potential star, yes he could get us a first rate d man....Granted he may not...but the potential is there! It is no accident that a myriad of teams have asked the Flyers about him....your being a homer plain and simple!

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:36 AM
  #105
doc lafleur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post
How do you know Couts won't land us a first rate young d man? What nonsense! If Couts continues to develope into a potential star, yes he could get us a first rate d man....Granted he may not...but the potential is there! It is no accident that a myriad of teams have asked the Flyers about him....your being a homer plain and simple!
How do you know Beaulieu and Leblanc and the 32nd or so pick in 2013 won't land us Crosby ? What nonsense ! If they continue to developer into super stars, yes they could land us Crosby... Maybe they won't... But the potential is there ! It's no accident all my friends have said, lot's of team asking about those guy's+ the pick that could turn into another Super star. Cout 12 points, 3goals, 9 ass, -12.

doc lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
  #106
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Couturier isn't having a great sophomore year, so his value is at its lowest. Not a good time to sell him, unless someone is willing to pay full price for his potential.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.