HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 2-1 despite Chara diving

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 01:46 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
I've always liked Lucic. Kind of a lone wolf out there.
When he sticks to playing hockey, he is a heck of a player...it's his foolishness after whistles, scrums etc that make him out to be an idiot...and then there's his coach...

Old
04-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
When he sticks to playing hockey, he is a heck of a player...it's his foolishness after whistles, scrums etc that make him out to be an idiot...and then there's his coach...
Well, if he did his antics as a member of the habs I'm sure we'd all love it. It's one of those things you hate when it's against you, but love when it's for you.

Unlike Marchand and Krejci, Lucic doesn't whine to the media. He's a guy who says the right things. Hopefully Lucic is liberated from that cry baby squadron. At 6mill he's pricey, but you never know. He could be liberated soon.

Hell, their fans deserve better than some of those cry babies.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:08 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
He sounds like a member of the Mensa society compared to the rest of the Bruins.
Interesting: around 1:30 in this, Lucic talks about retaliation...
Just trying to understand how many crosscheck on player lying on the ice (Plek) should the referee endure before giving a penalty?

Bruins players are obviously well trained into spinning the medias and the referees.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:12 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Well, if he did his antics as a member of the habs I'm sure we'd all love it. It's one of those things you hate when it's against you, but love when it's for you.

Unlike Marchand and Krejci, Lucic doesn't whine to the media. He's a guy who says the right things. Hopefully Lucic is liberated from that cry baby squadron. At 6mill he's pricey, but you never know. He could be liberated soon.

Hell, their fans deserve better than some of those cry babies.
MT would bench him or kill him. I'm sure he had more than a "small" talk with White...

Old
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
The laws of physics disagree with me? Have you ever skated before?

They're both moving fast, they're both big, Chara was trying to turn on a dime while Eller had a pretty good grip and tug on the back of his pants. Doesn't matter how tall you are or how much you weigh.. in that situation, that is gunna throw your balance off.

Pretty sure he was lifting his foot to turn as the tug happened too. ru

I'm not the enemy here. I hate Chara. Most hated player in the league. I hate the Bruins. I know it's funny that they dive after complaining about diving so much, but IMO that wasn't nearly as bad as a dive as people are making it out to be.
I do , in fact, play hockey.. not that it makes any difference here. 255lb guys don't go down like that, when a player touches his jersey. It was a pathetic dive from a team that made an issue about the Habs doing the exact same thing. It was a horrible dive that should have been called, mostly because the Bruins are 'always a victim from these calls'

Old
04-07-2013, 04:14 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I do , in fact, play hockey.. not that it makes any difference here. 255lb guys don't go down like that, when a player touches his jersey. It was a pathetic dive from a team that made an issue about the Habs doing the exact same thing. It was a horrible dive that should have been called, mostly because the Bruins are 'always a victim from these calls'
Chara is now a ballerina...ask Jack Edwards...

Old
04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
roy munson

Can't believe what I'm still reading from Bruins fans... Saying that "Bruins players have to dive/embellish just to get a penalty and that Chara's dive was just the proof of it. Them being last in PP opportunities is more proof that they don't pull that act as much as the other teams". The Koolaid is quite strong in Bs land.

Their team is slow so their opponents don't have to grab and hook. Not simple enough for them to comprehend? Maybe if they also stopped crosschecking players already on the ice, roughing after the whistle or simply being apes... The incessant whinning certainly doesn't help either.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
#Habs Eller on his holding call against #Bruins Chara: "I must be really strong. Are we going to say the 'e' word?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
All 6'9" of Chara drops like a sack of potatoes with one hand. Divers gonna dive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
"6'9" and he's a ballerina! WOW!"

Perfection.
Sorry if I'm late to the party, guys, but I'm gonna flood the threads with that one:

Especially fitting since some posters seem to have 'had the time of their lives' last night

Old
04-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Colt.45Orr

Let me get this straight:

Everyone can make fun of Chara's terrible balance (which can be very bad at times --he's like a ripped giraffe out there) but if he spins out and loses his balance Vs. the Habs while getting tugged on, he is now a diver.

Sure. I guess we all see what we want to see.

There is no way Eller pulled him down on his own, Chara tried a very sharp turn (for him) that he would have been lucky to pull off with nobody around.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post

Everyone can make fun of Chara's terrible balance (which can be very bad at times --he's like a ripped giraffe out there) but if he spins out and loses his balance Vs. the Habs while getting tugged on, he is now a diver.

There is no way Eller pulled him down on his own, Chara tried a very sharp turn (for him) that he would have been lucky to pull off with nobody around.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:

Good thing Eller was holding his jersey, otherwise Chara would have flown out of the Bell Centre right into the St. Lawrence River

(in essence: yes, we can make fun of just about anything we want - heard any good 9-1-1 jokes lately?)

Old
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Tyson

Maybe Clod Julien will shot his mouth about other teams diving.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:14 PM
onice

Quote:

You must be a Bruins fan who lost his way and thinks his BS will work in here. There are words for that sort of delusional behavior but I can't use them. I'll receive an infraction but I'm sure a smart person like yourself can figure them out. If you can't, PM me and I'll email you a list. It's the least I can do for a Bruins fan who loses his way so easily.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
#Habs Eller on his holding call against #Bruins Chara: "I must be really strong. Are we going to say the 'e' word?"
Well... We know who's meeting the stanchion next game.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:27 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

This is Habs Land and in the locker room reads "No Excuses".
It's your own media and team that try to call out others for diving when reality shows and many many videos as evidence that the Bruins may be the best at it. You open your mouths be prepared to be called out on being hypocrites.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:

Thanks for your input. Please find more excuses. We're loving it.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Old
04-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I guess you missed the irony.

The Bruins are always claiming that we embellish/dive, but they're so many instances of them doing it as well.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:55 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:

Only a Bruin fan would be dumb enough to defend Chara on that blatant dive. Just imagine if Subban dove like that. The Bruins collective would explode.

Bruins are as bad as anyone in the league when it comes to diving with Marchand, Seguin, Thornton and Chara leading the charge.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

This is what I see:

He feels Eller tugging his jersey so he lets go of his stick, swings that arm back, then kicked his back leg up to embellish the fall. Even aside from that, I have doubts that a 6'9'' bad balance ripped giraffe slipping on a sharp turn can break a fall so nicely without knowing it was about to fall.

For example:

If Thornton was really just falling, it wouldn't be nearly as soft as a landing as this was...

Old
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is what I see:

He feels Eller tugging his jersey so he lets go of his stick, swings that arm back, then kicked his back leg up to embellish the fall. Even aside from that, I have doubts that a 6'9'' bad balance ripped giraffe slipping on a sharp turn can break a fall so nicely without knowing it was about to fall.
Strangely, that balance ripped giraffe had NO PROBLEM doing that move...

Boston isn't worst or better than us in that department. We all have our moments. So who dives, who embellishes is beyond the point. But stop pretending like you HATE it or can't stand it or that a team is worst and so on 'cause that analysis will ALWAYS be subjective. And it doesn't help the game.

I keep hearing that diving doesn't help the game and puts a whole lot of pressure on the refs. Geez...would Julien constant whining and mockery wouldn't put pressure on refs and the game as well? Fail to see how that is better.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is what I see:

For example:

If Thornton was really just falling, it wouldn't be nearly as soft as a landing as this was...
Nonsense, Watsatheo. Broons ain't soff +=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Strangely, that balance ripped giraffe had NO PROBLEM doing that move...

I'm reserving judgment until I watch the 'Balanced Ripped Giraffes' 33-hour special on Discovery Channel next week

Last edited by Bloumeister: 04-07-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Colt.45Orr

Not a big Julien fan (all coaches have an expiry date) nor did I like him going after Subban to the press so I completely understand you guys and where you are coming from.

Still, I've seen Chara lose balance or spin himself into the ice too many times to make the same assumptions that are being made here. If it was Marchand I would assume the worst.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:22 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Not a big Julien fan (all coaches have an expiry date) nor did I like him going after Subban to the press so I completely understand you guys and where you are coming from.

Still, I've seen Chara lose balance or spin himself into the ice too many times to make the same assumptions that are being made here. If it was Marchand I would assume the worst.
Chara saw an opportunity and he took it. A minute left in the game and it was desperation time for the Bruins. He felt the tug and he dove. There is no way in gods green earth that any NHL level hockey player spins to the ice like that due to a one-handed tug on the jersey.

Those types of dives are disgraceful. I hate it when the Habs do it and i hate it when other teams do it too. It nearly cost the Habs in a critical game.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Thing is, that's not a reason either. We have seen Subban falls too many times as well. Yet, my Bruins friends will tell me that he embellished or dove EVERY SINGLE TIME. I have no doubt that players falls. No doubt that even a big player like Chara would fall. But the way he did? Sorry, it makes it look like he embellished. Did he really? Nobody will ever know but you know what...that's almost exactly the case for EVERY time we're calling, on our coach, for a dive or an embellishment. We are not there. We don't know for a fact. The head snapping becaues of a high stick...embellishment or just pure instant reaction? It's always about what we think.

Again, don't fault habs fans for being on his case. Fault your own coach, who, by the way, I think is great for you. But he crossed the line there. Keeps syaing that embellishment and diving isn't helping the referees' work yet...keeps whining and badmouthing them....He's not helping his cause.

Hockey is a sport so fast, that sometimes, you might need an embellishment to make it clear for referees who's more often than not won't call a penalty if it's not decisive towards a certain play. If Chara doesn't fall, there might be no penalty. Chara falls, here's the penalty. He doesn't remove the fact that Eller should have been penalized, you don't hold anybody's jersey like that. But based on Julien's comment...Chara laughed at the officials. Or so we think. And we mostly think it because of Julien's comments.

Closed Thread