HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Hawks - "Message to you Rudy"

Old
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yes. he is in no danger. this year is an aberration.
Errr an abomination

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Brian Finley
Nik Bergfors

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Nik Bergfors
Linus Klasen

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
All and all not a bad game considering our line-up. We're just too inexperienced right now.
This is really all that needs to be said.

It makes me sick to my stomach how this season has gone- even though we are out of the playoff race and would benefit more for next year and beyond by losing these games, I still want us to win every single game- just can't help it.

But some of the posters on here need to adjust your expectations for these final 8 games, and quit posting as if this is 2012 and we still have one of the top 8 teams in the league. Seriously, are you really expecting to win games against the Chicago Blackhawks considering the circumstances??

We have about half our team missing- with the lineup we are throwing out there, we should have lost all 3 of the Chicago games by 5 goals or more. If we had a talent advantage like that against an opponent and were having to squeak out 1 goal wins, the Preds would be getting KILLED on this board.

Again, the way this season has gone and losing these games STINKS- but considering the circumstances the team is doing a dang good job of hanging in there and competing.....

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:07 PM
glenngineer

I am impressed with the way the team has played the last two games considering the circumstances of having a roster beset by injuries and filled with youngsters. My only question is, where was the urgency we've seen the last two games the rest of the season? Would it have made a difference, I have no idea but I would've had an easier time swallowing what's happened to the team this year than what I've watched. Play hard and you have my respect. Play half heartedly and I'm not so sure. I just never felt like this team was the play all out Predators type team we've seen in years past. Talent aside, heart and effort weren't there like it has been in the past. Oh well, let the young kids get their time and see what we've got headed into next season.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Byrddog

Other than the Flames game thats left we may not get another point. It has been painful to watch this team all year. If they had not went to OT so often in the first 14 games they could well have finished last in the league.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-07-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: find another way to describe those people, please
Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Other than the Flames game thats left we may not get another point. It has been painful to watch this team all year. If they had not went to OT so often in the first 14 games they could well have finished last in the league. So now the pick Ho's are gonna be happy looks like 6, 7 or 8 and putting another youngster into the mix.
another defenseman

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Linus Klasen
Pat Leahy.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Filipthefuture

We should stop trying to calculate our playoff chances and start calculating our draft pick percentages. Seth Jones would take over Blums spot perfectly

Filipthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
We should stop trying to calculate our playoff chances and start calculating our draft pick percentages. Seth Jones would take over Blums spot perfectly
Thankfully we won't pick high enough to draft Jones. Not that he isn't going to be a stud, but adding one of the forwards after him would be a better choice for THIS team now and in the future.

Mackinnon and Drouin are most likely also in the top 3 with Jones. But after them we're looking at Barkov and Monahan still on the board. The Preds are probably still going to be just outside of even those players, so i'm thinking that they end up with either Shinkaruk or Linholm which i'd be happy with either way.

The Preds defense really isn't bad, with Josi getting another offseason here to refine his game, he and Weber should be dominant together next season. Klein obviously has a stranglehold on the 3rd spot and is very steady. Bartley, Ellis and Blum can fight for the 4th and 5th spot. Then you've got Ekholm, Tollefson, Gill(?) and whoever falls from the previous group to battle for the last two spots. One or two of them will likely have to be moved out. This is basically the same group who proved earlier this season that they can shutdown and shutout any team. At this point however, they've lost a ton of forward support and are playing behind a lot of very young forwards.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:25 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Thankfully we won't pick high enough to draft Jones. Not that he isn't going to be a stud, but adding one of the forwards after him would be a better choice for THIS team now and in the future.

Mackinnon and Drouin are most likely also in the top 3 with Jones. But after them we're looking at Barkov and Monahan still on the board. The Preds are probably still going to be just outside of even those players, so i'm thinking that they end up with either Shinkaruk or Linholm which i'd be happy with either way.

The Preds defense really isn't bad, with Josi getting another offseason here to refine his game, he and Weber should be dominant together next season. Klein obviously has a stranglehold on the 3rd spot and is very steady. Bartley, Ellis and Blum can fight for the 4th and 5th spot. Then you've got Ekholm, Tollefson, Gill(?) and whoever falls from the previous group to battle for the last two spots. One or two of them will likely have to be moved out. This is basically the same group who proved earlier this season that they can shutdown and shutout any team. At this point however, they've lost a ton of forward support and are playing behind a lot of very young forwards.
Either Ellis or Blum should go. Ekholm is the best D-man left in Milwaukee. Next is Jarvinen. Scott Valentine has 2 goals in 3 games as a wing. Maybe the Preds should look at him as a forward prospect instead of a D-man.

Last edited by adsfan: 04-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I think it's possible that we trade one of Blum/Ellis to move up in the draft, depending on where we land.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I think it's possible that we trade one of Blum/Ellis to move up in the draft, depending on where we land.
That's a good possibility to get up into the Barkov range. I'd be ecstatic if we landed him, he's probably the most NHL ready forward and if Forsberg is on the wing like Poile says he will be, these two could form a nice duo up front for years and years.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:36 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
Legwand continues to suck!
He has been playing with more urgency, going to the net, playing with some agression on his game. Too bad this only usually happens in short spans of a season.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-07-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: flaming. read the rules
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Filipthefuture

Unfortunately with the luck we have been having we will not get any help from the draft lottery and will be stuck in 7th or 8th and end up picking Nichuskhin who could turn into Radulov situation

Filipthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:42 PM
AEM6729

This is so sad. We're now pretty much out of playoff contention.

I know, I know...it's what I should expect with the injuries we've had and the players we've had to make do with. But what can I say? Being a fan means being a little bit emotional and irrational. I had basically accepted that we weren't going to make the playoffs after yesterday's loss, but then we go and grab a 3rd period lead and the first thing I do is check the standings and start calculating where we'll be if we win, what the rest of our schedule looks like, what needs to happen for us to make it in....aaaand then we go and give up the lead and then some in less than a minute. Damn.

Seems like the story of the Preds this season: from the outset you knew we were less talented and would have a harder time making the playoffs. But hey, anything is possible in the NHL, so you have a little bit of hope. Then we actually win some games, get in good position, and you start feeling really hopeful. Then we drop a bunch of games and you're just like....welp, nevermind. They are who we thought they were.

It's just sad. All you can really ask for as a fan is to be playing meaningful games the whole season. We've been spoiled with that for many years now; this will be the first time in a long time where the end-of-season games really don't mean much. Even in 2008-2009, we only missed 8th by 3 points, so there was still some excitement to the final games. This will really be the first time since 2002-03 that we've been way out of it at this point in the year. Sad.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Phototropic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
He has been playing with more urgency, going to the net, playing with some agression on his game. Too bad this only usually happens in short spans of a season.
There's always an excuse. I just try to enjoy the positives while dealing with the negatives. Legwand could put up 80 points and you'd complain that it took him this long to do so.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 04-07-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: quote
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:32 PM
braindead

Quote:
Linus Klasen
Darren Turcotte.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Errr an abomination
One-in-the-same sometimes.

04-08-2013, 05:30 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Not enough consistent effort all year.

When we do have the effort we just don't have the talent/experience to overcome another team's skill.

I just don't get why they come out so slow and seem to try to just ease into a game. It's all the time. And too much indecisiveness and we're not quick to the puck hardly at all.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Dibs on next GDT.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote