HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Mika Zibanejad is the real deal 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 08:01 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
It may seem like a silly point, but watch someone play Be a Pro who has never played hockey before. It's crazy watching the difference in even a video game between people who have played and haven't played. MoO has a point.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:08 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
It may seem like a silly point, but watch someone play Be a Pro who has never played hockey before. It's crazy watching the difference in even a video game between people who have played and haven't played. MoO has a point.
NHL13 sucks though it's become so unrealistic IMO. The amount of interceptions, bobbles of the puck, highlight reel goalie saves that would never happen in an NHL game is too damn high.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
NHL13 sucks though it's become so unrealistic IMO. The amount of interceptions, bobbles of the puck, highlight reel goalie saves that would never happen in an NHL game is too damn high.
In terms of neutral zone and defence you can tell who has hockey sense though. No matter how unrealistic it gets.

I try and play as realistic as possible personally lol. Try and keep it under 10 shots a game for my guy lol

Old
04-07-2013, 08:24 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Quote:
It's BECOME unrealistic? Dude, I've spent the last two weeks playing NHL 2001. Comparatively, 13 is like being at the game.

04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
It's BECOME unrealistic? Dude, I've spent the last two weeks playing NHL 2001. Comparatively, 13 is like being at the game.
Maybe the graphics but the game isn't as fluid as in the older games IMO. Anyways NHL12 was better than 13 for sure

Old
04-07-2013, 08:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Maybe the graphics but the game isn't as fluid as in the older games IMO. Anyways NHL12 was better than 13 for sure
Agreed. NHL 13 is a huge joke and huge step back from NHL 12. They fixed the skating but it ****ed up everything else.

Even the skating is still ridiculous in a way.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:37 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I'd say 13 is the most realistic NHL game ever by a fair margin... that's why its not as fun lol.

As far as Zibanejad goes, I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a Karlsson like development from the lad. Mika is getting so much more confident and assertive in everything he's doing out there, getting better game to game. Am I wrong in saying that he's our best player most nights?

Old
04-07-2013, 08:41 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I think he's the best player on that line personally.

It's funny that not long ago we were questioning his hockey sense.

He makes some insanely smart plays out there. May actually be one of his strengths now. I know I've done a 180 on the possible ???'s on is hockey sense. I knew he wasn't a MPS, but wasnt sure how high it would be.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Flamingo

He's also king of the face-off dot.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Dionysus

Play this guy 20 minutes a night!

Old
04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
Jesus Christ, playing hockey gives you a better understanding of hockey, that's a fact. He's not saying if you don't play hockey you don't know anything.
This is what I should have said.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
That's interesting. Couldn't say for sure it's valid...but I think it may be.

Quote:
Ya but in terms of how quickly a player can make plays and process the ice. I think it's transferable in a way. A kid that plays 12 hours a day is always gonna beat an NHLer that plays once a day or two.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

Future Selke candidate.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I'd say 13 is the most realistic NHL game ever by a fair margin... that's why its not as fun lol.

As far as Zibanejad goes, I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a Karlsson like development from the lad. Mika is getting so much more confident and assertive in everything he's doing out there, getting better game to game. Am I wrong in saying that he's our best player most nights?
I've thought for a while that Silfverberg and Zibanejad have taken turns being our best players. I thought that Conacher was arguably our best player tonight though.

I also agree with your assessment of Zibanejad. His development has been very interesting to watch.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:48 PM
HockeySens

Zibby looks better and better every night, the rookie line looks scary because they are not scared to crash the net, the other 3 lines on the other hand...

Old
04-07-2013, 11:01 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I've thought for a while that Silfverberg and Zibanejad have taken turns being our best players. I thought that Conacher was arguably our best player tonight though.

I also agree with your assessment of Zibanejad. His development has been very interesting to watch.
Ha, Silf and Mika seem to take turns on a shift to shift basis as to who's our best player out there lately. Maybe that's not such a great thing when guys like Alfie, Gonchar, Turris and Methot are out there but in the greater scheme of things it bodes well for the franchise. I'm confident that both guys are long term top 6 solutions for this team. Verdict is still out on Conacher but I am impressed.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:16 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
Would like to see him a little more physical, however his game is improving.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:50 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
This perplexes me. He's very effective using his body. He doesn't need to be throwing the big hit to be a good physical player.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Asquaredx2

His upside is so exciting to me. I love the idea of having a power centre on the team. Fisher seems like a decent comparable but Zibby's puck-distributing skills and east-west vision seem much better which could make him a significantly better offensive player. M. Koivu-esque, perhaps. I also love that he's paired with Silfverberg who has good play-making instincts for a winger. Fisher always produced more with Alfredsson.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:33 AM
Slenke

Quote:
Ehm..

=)

Old
04-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Greeningfan14

NHL 12 > NHL 13

Oh, this Zibanejad kid is pretty good too.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post

Makes no sense considering the fact that he's only gotten like 10-12 minutes per game this season?

Old
04-08-2013, 10:15 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post

why? he has 64 hits in 32 games. thats good. he is not chris neil.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Dr.Sens(e)

I've come around on him quite a bit. I mean I always liked him, but have been really impressed by the subtle things he's been doing offensively. He's really transformed from a shoot first-shoot every time kind of player, to a more balanced offensive player. Almost starting wishing he would shoot more the other night, which struck me as crazy.

He's still gangly as hell, falls down at strange times, and fires a few too many passes into open ice, but he has come a long way in a very short period of time. I'm particularly excited that he has played so well with Silf. Was concerned he was going to be best with more dump'n chase players like Fisher was, which inevitably always limits your upside, much like it did with Fisher to a degree. But he has learned to play off a rather cerebral player in Silfverberg quite well, while still being super high energy. One of the quieter developments of the season thus far, but it's a big one.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
NHL 12 > NHL 13

Oh, this Zibanejad kid is pretty good too.
I'm the type of cheap ******* who has an Olympics-type replacement schedule for these games.
So I will definitely say NHL 13 > NHL 10, but I win like 5% of faceoffs, and I think they need to rename the "lift stick" button the "take a penalty" button.

Closed Thread