HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors of trades that did not happen and complaints about Tambo doing nothing v14

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Smartguy

vCash: 500
Will it really cost 4.5 for ganger? This is his first solid season I was thinking somewhere in the range of 3775 and 4 a year?

Old
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartguy View Post
Will it really cost 4.5 for ganger? This is his first solid season I was thinking somewhere in the range of 3775 and 4 a year?
It's not his "first" solid season, plus the Oilers will be buying years of UFA time.

I hope it's below $4.5M, but not over $5M is pretty good overall.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Bangers

I'm thinking Gagner is going to get in the region of 5-years/ 23-25 million.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Gagner is going to get paid like a boss this offseason. Circumstances dictate it. $5.25 to 5.75M x 5Y is my educated guess.

It is the result of Tambo risking this by signing him short-term previously.

04-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 225
With his #'s and role, Gagner is going to want close to Hall and Ebs money. He's got 14 more points than Hemsky, who makes $5M.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
With his #'s and role, Gagner is going to want close to Hall and Ebs money. He's got 14 more points than Hemsky, who makes $5M.
Maybe, I would like to believe that Gagner understands his "spot" on the team and won't be looking for $6M, but if he is, that's his call.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Voracek should be the comparable... Drafted right after him, similar output....
4.25M x 4 yrs should be plenty for Gagner.

He cooled off when the going got tough... He does have 6 points in last 10 games played but 5 of the 6 points were against CGY and CBJ where we lit up the opposition.

If resign him... great.. but if he wants Hall money then I wouldnt mind us trading him away.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Quote:
Doubt it... Hall and Ebs did not get paid for the numbers they put up... It was for the potential they have.. 90pt top line players... Gagner's role will not be the same.. He'll be our #2C here ..
Gagner = secondary scoring option ala Voracek..

Old
04-07-2013, 10:34 PM
SchultzSquared*

Will be curious to see what happens to Heatley this offseason... has an NMC so he holds all the cards... but Wild fans have tired of him... not unlike Sens and Sharks fans before them... they have cheaper options up front and they could use that money other ways

Not sure if the NMC makes it not possible to use compliance buy out on him... but either way maybe they take Belanger + EDM 2nd + ANH 2nd for him this summer

Our top six would be much better with a real offensive weapon in that second LW spot... and it is a contract year so I could see Heater playing well like a ********** allstar... either way we can absorb the hit for one year and not really feel it...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Heatley-Gagner-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Jones/other
Hartikainen-Lander/Smithson/other-Brown
Petrell Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom/other-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Whitney
Potter

Old
04-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Will be curious to see what happens to Heatley this offseason... has an NMC so he holds all the cards... but Wild fans have tired of him... not unlike Sens and Sharks fans before them... they have cheaper options up front and they could use that money other ways

Not sure if the NMC makes it not possible to use compliance buy out on him... but either way maybe they take Belanger + EDM 2nd + ANH 2nd for him this summer

Our top six would be much better with a real offensive weapon in that second LW spot... and it is a contract year so I could see Heater playing well like a ********** allstar... either way we can absorb the hit for one year and not really feel it...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Heatley-Gagner-Yakupov
Petrell Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom/other-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Whitney
Potter
Not sure if serious.gif

Really? Danny Heatley? I don't even know what to say. Have you just started following the NHL?

Old
04-07-2013, 10:51 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Heatley-Gagner-Yakupov
Petrell Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom/other-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Whitney
Potter

Old
04-07-2013, 10:54 PM
nexttothemoon
Streak Breakers Inc

Heatley instead of Hemsky?

Even Hemsky haters probably laugh at that one.

I don't see why Heatley would waive the NMC to come to Edmonton OR why the Oilers would chase him either. He isn't exactly the type of veteran leadership the team wants or needs.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:55 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Not sure if serious.gif

Really? Danny Heatley? I don't even know what to say. Have you just started following the NHL?
Either that or the poster is drunk.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

**** Heatley!!

Old
04-08-2013, 12:15 AM
McPoolParty
Jesse P for Prez

Heatley? The guy who we had a deal in place for but didn't want to come here? As far as I'm concerned he can go you know what

Old
04-08-2013, 12:16 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 5769
I know my mind is pretty much shot and in my old age I tend to forget many things-- but something about Heatley to the Oilers and a HELL NO I WONT GO!!! seems a little fermilier to me--do not know why--just that Heatley might have said previous that Edmonton was not one of the teams he had much interest in

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
Old
04-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Seems Tambi's plan of not messing with a winning (4 games) line-up has not gone very well. Hope the players appreciate that he kept the dressing room intact.
And they understand why player change has to come in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Gagner is going to get paid like a boss this offseason. Circumstances dictate it. $5.25 to 5.75M x 5Y is my educated guess.

It is the result of Tambo risking this by signing him short-term previously.
There is no way in hell that I'd give Gagner that $ for that term. If that's what he's asking for then let another team give him that contract.

Quote:
His salary ceiling is Hemsky's and TBH I'd be loathe to give him $5 million per.

04-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

I think our biggest target in the summer should be Bryan Bickell. He's an UFA, will probably take somewhere in between 2-3M per year to sign him but he's still a cheaper option than either Clarkson or Clowe for someone who can play with skilled players and stick up for teammates. In 2010/2011 he had 17 goals and 37 points. In 2011/2012 he took a step back with 9 goals and 24 points but this year again he is producing at around the same pace as two seasons ago. He's 27 years old, 6'4 230, 15th in hits for LW'rs (88).. Our team has enough skilled forwards that we can afford someone like this who is maybe more of a 3rd liner than a top 6 player. He fits a huge need for a cheaper option, IMO.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

Quote:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Heatley-Gagner-Yakupov
Petrell Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom/other-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Whitney
Potter
I don't think Minny takes that deal, tbh.

Penner, Cogliano and Smid, maybe a couple a gift baskets, that might do it, though.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Oh god Heatley. Oh god oh man.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:55 AM
plikestechno

Anybody thinking Heatley has to understand he literally can barely skate anymore. It's even more painful than watching Whitney.

What do you think the Devils would want for Adam Larsson? He's regressed a bit this year, has been a healthy scratch about 1/3 rd of the year and had an awful giveaway for a goal tonight. But as we know D can take a lot longer to develop than forwards and the Devils rushed him. What would you trade? Would Gagner get Larsson+. I thought I heard NJ was interested in Gagner at some point.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:35 AM
MetaOil1993

Quote:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Heatley-Gagner-Yakupov
Petrell Smyth

Smid-Petry
Klefbom/other-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Whitney
Potter
I think you forgot the Not trying to be rude or anything but Heatley doesn't want to come to Edmonton and we don't want him either. Did you know what happened last time we tried to get him? I doubt things would change now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I think our biggest target in the summer should be Bryan Bickell. He's an UFA, will probably take somewhere in between 2-3M per year to sign him but he's still a cheaper option than either Clarkson or Clowe for someone who can play with skilled players and stick up for teammates. In 2010/2011 he had 17 goals and 37 points. In 2011/2012 he took a step back with 9 goals and 24 points but this year again he is producing at around the same pace as two seasons ago. He's 27 years old, 6'4 230, 15th in hits for LW'rs (88).. Our team has enough skilled forwards that we can afford someone like this who is maybe more of a 3rd liner than a top 6 player. He fits a huge need for a cheaper option, IMO.
I have wanted Bickell every since I found out he was a FA. I would rather give him 2-3M on a 3-4 year contract than overpaying for someone like David Clarkson 5x5.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:44 AM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Gagner shouldn't get anything over 4.5

Old
04-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Took a pill in Sbisa
2showToffoliIwascool

vCash: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
10-11
Bickell-Bolland-Pisani
78GP-17G-10A-27PTS
12:54 TOI/game

11-12
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik/Shaw
71GP-9G-15A-24PTS
11:39 TOI/game

12-13
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
38GP-8G-12A-20PTS
12:24 TOI/game

Basically no PP or PK time

Good numbers for TOI, but I question his ability to be a 2nd liner playing 15-17 minutes. I suppose if he stays off the special teams he could be on a 2nd line with Gagner & Yakupov

Old
04-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
10-11
Bickell-Bolland-Pisani
78GP-17G-10A-27PTS
12:54 TOI/game

11-12
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik/Shaw
71GP-9G-15A-24PTS
11:39 TOI/game

12-13
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
38GP-8G-12A-20PTS
12:24 TOI/game

Basically no PP or PK time

Good numbers for TOI, but I question his ability to be a 2nd liner playing 15-17 minutes. I suppose if he stays off the special teams he could be on a 2nd line with Gagner & Yakupov
Of those guys, I don't mind Bickell, but I'd rather see the Oilers grab Stalberg, I see him as a significant better player, I worry that Bickell would become Eager 2.0.

Here's a thought, as far as the Oilers at the draft, would you(this is everyone I know what B47 would do) move Hemsky and Potter to the Canes for McBain, Welsh and a pick?

Given the changes we should/expect, to see in the offseason, I see this as way to save capspace and upgrade.

Last edited by Jimmi McJenkins: 04-08-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Was supposed to be Hemsky, lol
Closed Thread