HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Stolarz stats for the playoffs so far:

6-0 1.24GAA 0.959SV% 1 SO
That's awesome! I really hope he's the goalie of the future for the flyers.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:33 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Here's the link for the highlights for yesterday's London game. The Stolarz glove save is included in it.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...47dc8cf07a3093

Old
04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Here's the link for the highlights for yesterday's London game. The Stolarz glove save is included in it.

Some of the earlier highlights underscore his athleticism.... and his need to work on his stickhandling a bit. Not a knock... you always have things you can improve at his stage of development.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Brayden Pattison

Quote:

It's entertaining as hell watching a guy his size flop around like Hasek. Can't wait to see him on the Phantoms.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Some of the earlier highlights underscore his athleticism.... and his need to work on his stickhandling a bit. Not a knock... you always have things you can improve at his stage of development.
Yeah he's still a little raw and needs to work on some things but he has all the tools you can't teach.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Wow, Wellwood must have been cut bad.

Here's a picture of his skate

Old
04-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I hope they don't rush Stolarz. Let him develop his game. He's too raw just like Bob was.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:06 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Wow, Wellwood must have been cut bad.

Here's a picture of his skate
Wtf?! Terry Murray said it happened away from the play he was in the neutral zone and the play was in the offensive zone and they think he did it himself falling over/wiping out.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Wtf?! Terry Murray said it happened away from the play he was in the neutral zone and the play was in the offensive zone and they think he did it himself falling over/wiping out.
Yeah, a few of the beat reporters said he did it while skating after he fell

Old
04-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Yeesh

04-08-2013, 12:36 AM
LegionOfDoom91

One of the beat writers is saying he may have cut an artery but it's not certain. If so that explains the good amount of blood.

Old
04-08-2013, 06:51 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I hope they don't rush Stolarz. Let him develop his game. He's too raw just like Bob was.
They won't rush him. Holmgren said on draft day that Stolarz was going to be a long term project and that they wouldn't rush him. He's in a great situation in London right now and you can bet he'll be there for another year before he goes to play in Adirondack for two seasons. There's guarded optimism with Stolarz and the plan is to not rush him, no matter what.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:10 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

So lets see, Stolarz in the OHL, eating up minutes and learning till he's old enough to turn pro, then two years with the Phantoms as starter, maybe?

Old
04-08-2013, 07:48 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
Parent's injury was truly tragic. He could have been a great defensemen, you could tell he had the hockey IQ but the guy's back was so bent out of shape he could barely move by the time he got to the Flyer's lineup.

Marshall was a true disappointment. In his cup of coffee in the NHL he looked nowhere near a competent player, even a guy like Lauridsen looks like he can hang in the league to a certain extent. Bourdon will be a decent NHLer if he ever recovers fully from PCS.
so why hasnt parent been able to crack an nhl lineup? he has been playing regualrly the last few years so his back must be ok. maybe he just isnt good enough.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Krishna

His back hasn't been okay. That's why he hasn't played so many games since his OHL days

Old
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
so why hasnt parent been able to crack an nhl lineup? he has been playing regualrly the last few years so his back must be ok. maybe he just isnt good enough.
Do you have a spine? Surely you can imagine how a severe spinal injury could limit your mobility, and also be a source of other injuries because that. I wouldn't be surprised if his groin and shoulder problems are a direct result of his spinal injuries, to be honest. It's just not an injury someone is ever going to recover 100% from. It's a miracle he's still playing hockey at all.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
FlyingPhilly

That skate looks nasty. Hopefully Wellwood is ok and nothing got damaged permanently.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:

For those curious, here is the still photo that Kitchener Rangers fans believe shows conclusively that the second period save by Stolarz was actually a goal.

I don't see conclusive and that is a terrible angle, but I think it's likely a goal....just as Malkin's was on Bryz.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
For those curious, here is the still photo that Kitchener Rangers fans believe shows conclusively that the second period save by Stolarz was actually a goal.

I don't see conclusive and that is a terrible angle, but I think it's likely a goal....just as Malkin's was on Bryz.

Yeah it was more than likely a goal but you can't see the puck so combine that with the call on the ice being no goal, it's a good call.

Here's what Matt Puempel (player who took the shot) had to say about:
Quote:
"Itís done with,Ē Puempel said. ďNever get it (that shot) back in my life. I donít even know what goal youíre talking about. When itís in the glove, itís kind of inconclusive. If I bury that without a question, itís a goal and weíre not standing here second-guessing it. You saw it, it was a pretty good save.Ē

Old
04-08-2013, 12:36 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Anywhere to stream the London-Kitchener game tonight?

Old
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

**** that. It was a goal. Am I surprised it wasn't? No. It's the ****ing Knights.

(and the call could have gone either way).

Old
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
FlyersFan61290

Phantoms lost 4-1 last night (Heeter in net). Lone goal scorer was Akeson w/ assists from Noebels and Kessel. Puts Akeson at 16g, 32a for 48pts in 56 games. That's 7 less pts then last season in 20 less games.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
One of the beat writers is saying he may have cut an artery but it's not certain. If so that explains the good amount of blood.
I cut the main artery in my right leg with ice tongs and severed my left foot at the same time. I was running around the platform like a chicken with his head chopped off. I was in my teens and I still remember the blood just pumping everywhere! It looked like a 1" hose it was so bad. They had to put a tourniquet on my right leg and left ankle. If not Pete would not have been here Anyone who gets a cut there has a very good chance of dying if you do not get medical attention right away.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
**** that. It was a goal. Am I surprised it wasn't? No. It's the ****ing Knights.

(and the call could have gone either way).
CharlieGirl, I remember you were not happy when London got this kid but I must admit I did not know he would be this good. What is your opinion long term about him? It looks like the Flyers may have their goalie of the future. Sorry about your rangers but its not over yet. Stolarz is one big SOB who can move!

Full story, I was 15 and worked at a cold storage in Pitman where we stored peaches and made ice. Farmers who had hydro coolers needed ice which we made in block form. Each block was about 300lbs.They would back their trucks up to the platform and the forklift driver would bring out several cakes and we would drag them onto the trucks by using ice tongs. Each guy had his own tongs and kept those three inch blades razor sharp. The driver stopped to quickly and one cake landed on its flat side. So in order to right it back up you brace your foot on the bottom center of the cake and just using one tong you sink it on the top middle portion of the cake and pull it back up on its side with your foot as the brace. Common practice. However the cake had a fracture that was not seen and when I went to snatch it up the tong broke off the cake and went right through the bottom of my left boot and foot. Now the truck was about two feet lower than the platform and when the ice broke and stuck my foot I shot backwards into the air and landed down on the flatbed truck. When I hit I kicked out and the dam second tong nailed me about 6 inched above my knee. There I was a tangled mess with both ends of the tongs stuck in me, but I wanted those tongs out. I struggled but manged to yank them out with the quikness,and thats when I went off to the races running around the platform pumping blood out of my leg like I have never seen. Some guys jumped me and got the tourniquet on my right leg. When I told them to take my left boot off they like to **** cause they had another bledder which was not as bad as the leg but I was losing so much blood they were forced to put on the 2nd tourniquet. That was when I started to slip into shock, but they kept talking to me and finally the ambulance arrived and took me to Underwood. Back then that was the nearest hospital and they told my pals that their quick thinking in using the touriquets probly saved my life. The foot injury hurt worse at the time. Like some badass bee stings. I wore Red Ball, high tops that can up to just below your knee. They were heavy rubber boots but that not slow down my tongs This happened about 48 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Just a freak accident that happened in a matter of seconds. I worked at the auction in Glassboro by day and the cold storage at Pitman at night. Making $1.05 per hour and clearing like $97.00 a week. Not bad for a 15 year old working a summer job. Hope that answers any questions.

Last edited by Hockeypete49: 04-09-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Tell the full story
Old
04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I cut the main artery in my right leg with ice tongs and severed my left foot at the same time. I was running around the platform like a chicken with his head chopped off. I was in my teens and I still remember the blood just pumping everywhere! It looked like a 1" hose it was so bad. They had to put a tourniquet on my right leg and left ankle. If not Pete would not have been here Anyone who gets a cut there has a very good chance of dying if you do not get medical attention right away.
Wait, so you're saying that you:
1) Cut your main artery in your right leg with ice tongs
2) At the same time severed your left foot so it was dangling / cut all the way through?

You've got me interested. I need to hear the full story now.

Closed Thread