HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Out of Town Scoreboard - Part 4 - The Stretch Run

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
No matter who won the WPG/PHI game, they were going to tie or pass NJ in the standings. If PHI were to pull off an OT/SO win, I think NJ could fall two spots today.
Yup this is why we absolutely need 2 pts tonight and tomorrow. We have dicked around so much recently that we let these crap teams gain on us.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:33 AM
StvBroDan
Re2pect

Winnipeg Jets 4 Philadelphia Flyers 1
Chicago Blackhawks 1 Nashville Predators 0
Los Angeles Kings 4 Edmonton Oilers 1
Montreal Canadiens 2 Boston Bruins 1
Toronto Maple Leafs 2 New Jersey Devils 1>>>>>>>>>>Sigh
New York Islanders 4 Tampa Bay Lightning 2
New York Rangers 4 Carolina Hurricanes 1
Washington Capitals 4 Florida Panthers 3
Phoenix Coyotes 4 Colorado Avalanche 0
Vancouver Canucks 5 Calgary Flames 2

Sunday's Schedule

12:30 PM St. Louis Blues DETROIT RED WINGS
4:00 PM Dallas Stars SAN JOSE SHARKS
6:00 PM Ottawa Senators FLORIDA PANTHERS
6:00 PM Minnesota Wild COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
7:00 PM Tampa Bay Lightning WASHINGTON CAPITALS
7:00 PM Nashville Predators CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
7:30 PM New Jersey Devils BUFFALO SABRES>>>>LGD!!!
9:00 PM Los Angeles Kings ANAHEIM DUCKS

Old
04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
StvBroDan
Re2pect

Go CBJ!!! Wow these announcers are a bore fest.

Last edited by StvBroDan: 04-07-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 07:27 PM
StvBroDan
Re2pect

Thanks for nothing CBJ

Old
04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

For all that is holy cash in here boys!!! To many PP opportunities not to.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

damn the caps made bishop look so bad tonight

and the matt martin goal was gold last night as well, he wasn't even looking at the net when he shot the puck. ha.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
damn the caps made bishop look so bad tonight

and the matt martin goal was gold last night as well, he wasn't even looking at the net when he shot the puck. ha.
I wonder how they know how to score on those big gorillas? Their goalies aren't particularly big either.

Old
04-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wonder how they know how to score on those big gorillas? Their goalies aren't particularly big either.
it's crazy how simple it is for other teams. they just shot the puck quick, and it actually went in! what a concept.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
I keep harping on this, people complain about Steve and Chico incessantly on here but at least they're entertaining. That Blue Jackets broadcast is sleep inducing, same with the Predators.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:11 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Definitely the worst in the league.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
Definitely the worst in the league.
They actually make the games worse. I'd rather listen to Chico by himself.

With Doc we had the best broadcast team in hockey imo. Without him, I still really like what we have and most of it is due to Chico. Say what you want about his botches, he seems excited to call the games and he brings the entertainment night after night. I'd take that over those cures for insomnia in Columbus or Nashville. Holy ****, I hope the NJ broadcast never ends up like that.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Chico's a stand up guy in real life. If you've ever met him he's one of the nicest people ever. I got to know the guy a little bit, and probably could have gotten his phone number if I wanted!

Old
04-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Chico's a stand up guy in real life. If you've ever met him he's one of the nicest people ever. I got to know the guy a little bit, and probably could have gotten his phone number if I wanted!
way better. he's more honest one on one about the team.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:45 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Chico is awesome.

I remember when the Rock first opened, I had seats to a game in the Fire Lounge.. and stayed after to talk to Doc and Chico.. both were amazing. Doc was talking about how he hopes the new arena will entice more fans to come out because the Devils deserve more support. Chico is a really fun guy to talk to. He can get annoying at times on television but far from the truth in person.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:46 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Can someone post up the remaining schedules for the Rangers, Islanders, Senators and Maple Leafs?

Theoretically, these are the teams we are competing for playoff-wise. Rangers and Islanders are closest but Senators and Maple leafs are still within collapse-distance (though we certainly helped Toronto out yesterday).

Old
04-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
way better. he's more honest one on one about the team.
If Chico posted on HF he'd probably say the same stuff I do, and maybe some of the more moderate pessimistic posters. I bet he'd tell some people straight up the team just wasn't built good enough. I've had conversations with him in the past where we'd be thinking the same things. I don't wanna reveal too many things out of his confidentiality, but he's told me ''So and so player just sucked last night, did you see how many times he made a boneheaded play'' Maybe he isn't this blunt with people he talks to for the first time, but I've had a lot of in depth conversations with him where we're both thinking the same things.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Can someone post up the remaining schedules for the Rangers, Islanders, Senators and Maple Leafs?

Theoretically, these are the teams we are competing for playoff-wise. Rangers and Islanders are closest but Senators and Maple leafs are still within collapse-distance (though we certainly helped Toronto out yesterday).
Rangers:
Leafs
Leafs
Isles
Flyers
Panthers
Sabres
Devils
Panthers
Canes
Devils

Isles:
Flyers
Bruins
Rangers
Panthers
Leafs
Jets
Canes
Flyers
Sabres

Leafs- nyr 2x, habs, devils, caps, sens, tampa, panthers, habs

Old
04-08-2013, 12:54 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Rangers:
Leafs
Leafs
Isles
Flyers
Panthers
Sabres
Devils
Panthers
Canes
Devils

Isles:
Flyers
Bruins
Panthers
Leafs
Jets
Canes
Flyers
Sabres

Leafs- nyr 2x, habs, devils, caps, sens, tampa, panthers, habs
Rangers have 2 games against the Leafs and 2 games against us.. wow.

I mean.. we have to start winning foremost and it's just not happening but that's a pretty favorable schedule for us in terms of teams above us playing a decent amount. Leafs have a rough schedule to close outside of the FLA teams too.

You can see the NHL didn't think the Islanders would be relevant this late given they play... nobody.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:

Warning. Be prepared to be disappointed with how easy the Rangers, and Isles schedules are. Here's the Flyers too. They have a soft schedules as well.

Dammit these links are garbage. Looks like Staley already helped you out though.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:58 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

They have favorable schedules given they play the Florida teams a bunch but between the Leafs, NYR and NYI.. that's a decent amount of games that all teams can't get points out of. I mean, given our luck, they will all be 3 point games but a sweep by the Leafs or a sweep by the Rangers and there's a team right at our doorstep again.

Even a split isn't too bad given it will give us a potential gain of two points.

All nonsense if we can't start winning games though. Hopefully Kovy is back ASAP and well.. our puck possession starts paying off.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
They have favorable schedules given they play the Florida teams a bunch but between the Leafs, NYR and NYI.. that's a decent amount of games that all teams can't get points out of. I mean, given our luck, they will all be 3 point games but a sweep by the Leafs or a sweep by the Rangers and there's a team right at our doorstep again.

Even a split isn't too bad given it will give us a potential gain of two points.

All nonsense if we can't start winning games though. Hopefully Kovy is back ASAP and well.. our puck possession starts paying off.
Florida is our only non playoff team left, and Philly who actually are playing decent. Buffalo was the most winnable in my opinion. Florida has that big wall goaltender Markstrom. I think my point of this team not being able to score on big goalies has long since proven. Struggling against Reimer, Lindback, Bishop, etc. At this point though I don't know if it's the big goalies, or just that the team sucks at scoring in general.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:05 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Florida is our only non playoff team left, and Philly who actually are playing decent. Buffalo was the most winnable in my opinion. Florida has that big wall goaltender Markstrom. I think my point of this team not being able to score on big goalies has long since proven. Struggling against Reimer, Lindback, Bishop, etc. At this point though I don't know if it's the big goalies, or just that the team sucks at scoring in general.
Traditionally, and even this season, we play up/down to the opponent's level. So I'm really not too worried about who we're playing. Just gotta put the puck in the net.

I mean, look at our two games against Boston.. one game we should have had that went to a shootout and another that was a very tight 1-0 won by a goal off a skate. A team that plays with Boston that tightly shouldn't play that tightly with a team like the Panthers.. but that's the Devils for ya.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Traditionally, and even this season, we play up/down to the opponent's level. So I'm really not too worried about who we're playing. Just gotta put the puck in the net.

I mean, look at our two games against Boston.. one game we should have had that went to a shootout and another that was a very tight 1-0 won by a goal off a skate. A team that plays with Boston that tightly shouldn't play that tightly with a team like the Panthers.. but that's the Devils for ya.
I've always said they don't show up a complete game against the BAD teams. That Isles game last week was a no show for a better part of 40 minutes, as was the last game against them in February at the Coliseum. We show up those two games we have 4 more points, and the Islanders have 4 less. And we wouldn't have to win 7 or 8 out of 9 to get into the playoffs.

Just like the playoffs last year. This team didn't play to their abilities early in the Florida series. Even Marty, and others on the team said to the media like a bunch of clowns ''We didn't expect to be tested this early'' and that was the closest series out of any of them. We played the Kings a lot tougher than the Panthers.

Old
04-08-2013, 07:26 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Why is anyone even looking at Toronto? They're gone after Saturday, they're basically seven points in front of us WITH a game in hand. We're more likely to catch Ottawa than Toronto, they're 'only' five points in front of us in the middle of a brutal road trip in an overall tough stretch run.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Devils Dominion
Shero is my Hero

The Devils lost to all of the "soft" teams including a decimated Buffalo lineup.

Closed Thread