HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

East playoff race

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 01:25 AM
  #26
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,218
vCash: 827
I hope we play the Rangers in the first round. Considering we own them all the time it would be quite fun.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:49 AM
  #27
Saundies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
1) Pitt - Manage to stay 1st despite injuries. Kind of an easy schedule rest of the way

2) Montreal - I think we ride all the way to the end and win the division. Bold prediction, knocking on wood.

3) Washington - coming on hot at the right time in a horrible division

4) Boston - I think we'll see them kind of stumble down the stretch but keep 4th place.

5) Leafs - Finally make the playoffs after what seems like years. They can play this year.

6) Islanders - I think they make a run and secure a playoff spot.

7) Philly - They've under-achieved all year (and I've loved it) but should be a playoff team.

8)Sens - Faltering right now, but manage to hang on like they have all year.

JUST MISSED:

9) Rangers - This will be a huge shocker, Torts gets fired

10)Devils - Depends on if an aging Marty can claw them back into a spot.. can't score without Kovy.

11)Winnipeg - blew it down the stretch

Leaving us with:
1) Pens vs. 8) Senators (Could be the recipe for an upset)
2) Habs vs. 7) Flyers (I hate this match-up btw)
3) Caps vs. 6) Isles (Meh)
4) Bruins vs. 5) Leafs (I love this match-up.. rivals killing each other)

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:56 AM
  #28
Bourne Endeavor
Registered User
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,306
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders
Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
Washington capitals vs. New York Rangers
Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers
Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins

Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers

Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

#25
Please god no. I'd rather Vancouver lose early than go through another finals loss, even if it was to my second favorite team. We've had it happen three times now, it can't happen again!

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:13 AM
  #29
MTLSandman*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Please god no. I'd rather Vancouver lose early than go through another finals loss, even if it was to my second favorite team. We've had it happen three times now, it can't happen again!
I can see it now... Habs win, riots all over montreal. Vancouver loses, riots all over Vancouver... Giving Canada a horrible reputation from coast to coast lol

MTLSandman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
  #30
Mathradio
Drive for 25
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,861
vCash: 500
We really only need two wins now to get a playoff berth...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
  #31
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 32,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
1) Pitt - Manage to stay 1st despite injuries. Kind of an easy schedule rest of the way

2) Montreal - I think we ride all the way to the end and win the division. Bold prediction, knocking on wood.

3) Washington - coming on hot at the right time in a horrible division

4) Boston - I think we'll see them kind of stumble down the stretch but keep 4th place.

5) Leafs - Finally make the playoffs after what seems like years. They can play this year.

6) Islanders - I think they make a run and secure a playoff spot.

7) Philly - They've under-achieved all year (and I've loved it) but should be a playoff team.

8)Sens - Faltering right now, but manage to hang on like they have all year.

JUST MISSED:

9) Rangers - This will be a huge shocker, Torts gets fired

10)Devils - Depends on if an aging Marty can claw them back into a spot.. can't score without Kovy.

11)Winnipeg - blew it down the stretch

Leaving us with:
1) Pens vs. 8) Senators (Could be the recipe for an upset)
2) Habs vs. 7) Flyers (I hate this match-up btw)
3) Caps vs. 6) Isles (Meh)
4) Bruins vs. 5) Leafs (I love this match-up.. rivals killing each other)
I just don't see how Philly can climb their way up to 7th place. The NYR have to stink it up the rest of the way. If they play for .500, the Flyers still need to bring in 15pts out of a possible 20, to surpass them.
I think the teams currently in place are gonna make it, unless injuries happen.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  #32
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,742
vCash: 500
1) Pens: Shaky without Sid, could slip into 2nd, but just enough in the tank to stay in 1st. Looking vulnerable in the playoffs without Sid.

2) Habs: Consistent from start to finish. Unless circumstances change, they'll end up in 2nd or 1st, depending on Pittsburgh's finish. Playoffs... so much depends on the D (Emelin? Beaulieu? Tinordi?).

3) Washington: Easily the best team in the SE. Beyond that, meh...

4) Boston: Better team than they're playing now; not as good as they were two months ago. Chemistry is tarnished. Offensive depth in trouble. So much depends on Jagr stepping up where Bergeron went down.

5) Toronto: Enough offense to keep above the rest of the pack, not enough defense and goaltending to get too far.

6) New York Rangers: Lundquist can keep them in any game when he's on. Star talent could wake up for the big games. Dark horse playoff team. Watch out.

7) New York Islanders: All that talent finally floats them into a playoff spot. Not solid enough to go far, unless they matchup well against Montreal.

8) Ottawa: Adrenaline rush is wearing off and the team is fatigued. They'll squeak into the playoffs, barely.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:45 AM
  #33
yoteshot
Lazy Habs fan
 
yoteshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gatineau / Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
1) Pens: Shaky without Sid, could slip into 2nd, but just enough in the tank to stay in 1st. Looking vulnerable in the playoffs without Sid.

2) Habs: Consistent from start to finish. Unless circumstances change, they'll end up in 2nd or 1st, depending on Pittsburgh's finish. Playoffs... so much depends on the D (Emelin? Beaulieu? Tinordi?).

3) Washington: Easily the best team in the SE. Beyond that, meh...

4) Boston: Better team than they're playing now; not as good as they were two months ago. Chemistry is tarnished. Offensive depth in trouble. So much depends on Jagr stepping up where Bergeron went down.

5) Toronto: Enough offense to keep above the rest of the pack, not enough defense and goaltending to get too far.

6) New York Rangers: Lundquist can keep them in any game when he's on. Star talent could wake up for the big games. Dark horse playoff team. Watch out.

7) New York Islanders: All that talent finally floats them into a playoff spot. Not solid enough to go far, unless they matchup well against Montreal.

8) Ottawa: Adrenaline rush is wearing off and the team is fatigued. They'll squeak into the playoffs, barely.
I'd have Ottawa 7th, but this sounds accurate.

MTL-Ottawa in the 1st round is something I wouldn't like though!

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
  #34
WeThreeKings
Retired.
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,993
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd like to see this..

Pens (1) vs. Philadelphia (8)
Montreal (2) vs. New York Rangers (7)
Washington (3) vs. Ottawa (6)
Boston (4) vs. Toronto (5)

Although it'll probably be the Islanders vs. Penguins.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:18 PM
  #35
Paddyjack
Registered User
 
Paddyjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
I feel like the Sens are done, that the tank that kept them going despite their injuries is empty. I think tonightís game will decide because they are playing their game in hand. If they lose this one, itís over, Winnipeg or NJ will catch them.

As for Washington, I,m scared of them right now. What a time of the year to reach your peak, geez.

Paddyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
  #36
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,299
vCash: 500
I'm going to go slightly off the reservation and go with:

Montreal - No key injuries and a doable schedule.
Pittsburgh - A fairly light sched against weaker teams but key injuries to Crosby & Neal
Washington - coming on strong while division rivals seem to be fading
Boston - Don't see them making a puch woth Bergeron out
Toronto - playing well and consitent for the most part. Don't see them sliding
Rangers - Just too much firepower and now with more grit. Should gain some ground
Ottawa - While everyone is waiting for them to drop, they'll hold on to a spot
Islanders - Tavares and Moulson. Nuff said

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:01 PM
  #37
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders
Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
Washington capitals vs. New York Rangers
Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers
Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins

Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers

Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

#25
If the Habs won that last series, I would be walking outside with my Habs gear to face Canuck Nation.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:41 PM
  #38
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 27,874
vCash: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
I can see it now... Habs win, riots all over montreal. Vancouver loses, riots all over Vancouver... Giving Canada a horrible reputation from coast to coast lol
That's exactly why I picked this final haha!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.