HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Defenceman Rankings #8

View Poll Results: Defenceman Rankings #8
Kris Letang 52 35.86%
Duncan Keith 31 21.38%
Drew Doughty 35 24.14%
Alexander Edler 5 3.45%
Kevin Shattenkirk 1 0.69%
Brent Seabrook 2 1.38%
Tobias Enstrom 1 0.69%
Keith Yandle 3 2.07%
Dion Phaneuf 5 3.45%
Ryan McDonagh 4 2.76%
Marc Staal 1 0.69%
Kimmo Timonen 3 2.07%
Dustin Byfuglien 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-07-2013, 06:46 PM
HockeySens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
The two first ok, but Doughty is not better than Edler.
Oh boy Doughty's playoff run alone>Edler
Pietrangelo is overrated..

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
hexy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Can't believe Pietrangelo is that high. for me, I don't see it.
I think being a second team All Star and Norris third runner up earns him that spot...

How many players on this list have that kind of accolades, let alone after only two seasons?

hexy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexy17 View Post
I think being a second team All Star and Norris third runner up earns him that spot...

How many players on this list have that kind of accolades, let alone after only two seasons?
Well one has A gold medal, Stanley Cup, And a second place Norris vote.

And was in the running for a Conn Smythe.

And is not going to make the top ten probably, these polls are stupid.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexy17 View Post

Pietrangelo was voted fourth for the Norris last year, not third. Not a big deal, but it technically means he doesn't have a "Norris nomination".

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:29 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
Oh boy Doughty's playoff run alone>Edler
Pietrangelo is overrated..
Oh boy, that run alone and only that run is better.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:33 AM
illpucks

The rankings are a joke considering Doughty is won't make top 8....He is top 5 if not top 3.

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:36 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
The two first ok, but Doughty is not better than Edler.
are you crazy?!!!! I remember you putting Landeskog above Tavares as well

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Wow, I visit the poll board fairly often but I definitely missed when Ekman-Larsson became so absurdly overrated.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:56 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
are you crazy?!!!! I remember you putting Landeskog above Tavares as well
are you crazy?!!!! (see, I can by like that too) The main point with that was that I held neither of them in top x (don't remember), what an outrage.

Not much to laugh about really as Doughty does not really walk away with any stat, except salary and being Canadian.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:13 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
are you crazy?!!!! (see, I can by like that too) The main point with that was that I held neither of them in top x (don't remember), what an outrage.

Not much to laugh about really as Doughty does not really walk away with any stat, except salary and being Canadian.
He was the number one defenseman and Conn Smythe Trophy candidate on the Stanley Cup winning Kings... last season. He has 27 points in 32 playoff games in his career. Hell, he had 16 points in last year's playoffs, two less points than Edler has in almost 40 games this season. Edler has 27 points in the playoffs in his career as well - over 55 games.

Truthfully, Subban, Ekman-Larsson and Pietrangelo shouldn't be above him either. You could make an argument for Keith, but not those three, not to me. This poll was really open-ended, but if this was choosing a defenseman to lead a team to the cup, it would be a tough choice for me between Doughty and Chara. Hell, Doughty is 21st among all active players in playoff scoring (tied with Edler, coincidentally, although Edler has seen five playoff appearances to Doughty's three).

Anyway, I know Doughty isn't the popular choice. He isn't on HF's good side anymore and is considered a whiner (although he isn't anymore) and a hothead (he kept his emotions in check all playoffs aside from the Phoenix incident, where emotions were running high). But man, if Doughty isn't a top-ten defenseman in the league (which, by the looks of this poll, he might not be), then there are some pretty incredible players on other teams.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:27 AM
bottompairingdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
He was the number one defenseman and Conn Smythe Trophy candidate on the Stanley Cup winning Kings... last season. He has 27 points in 32 playoff games in his career. Hell, he had 16 points in last year's playoffs, two less points than Edler has in almost 40 games this season. Edler has 27 points in the playoffs in his career as well - over 55 games.

Truthfully, Subban, Ekman-Larsson and Pietrangelo shouldn't be above him either. You could make an argument for Keith, but not those three, not to me. This poll was really open-ended, but if this was choosing a defenseman to lead a team to the cup, it would be a tough choice for me between Doughty and Chara. Hell, Doughty is 21st among all active players in playoff scoring (tied with Edler, coincidentally, although Edler has seen five playoff appearances to Doughty's three).

Anyway, I know Doughty isn't the popular choice. He isn't on HF's good side anymore and is considered a whiner (although he isn't anymore) and a hothead (he kept his emotions in check all playoffs aside from the Phoenix incident, where emotions were running high). But man, if Doughty isn't a top-ten defenseman in the league (which, by the looks of this poll, he might not be), then there are some pretty incredible players on other teams.
Yeah, I talked about it a few polls back.

Doughty has become quite underrated around here, probably because of his scoring (which is down mainly because of his new role, which in turn is caused by the injuries to Mitchell and Greene). There isn't a young defenseman in the league with a resume like Doughty's (Karlsson being the exception here).

bottompairingdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:54 AM
hexy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Pietrangelo was voted fourth for the Norris last year, not third. Not a big deal, but it technically means he doesn't have a "Norris nomination".
I said he was third runner up, which means fourth.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:56 AM
hexy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Wow, I visit the poll board fairly often but I definitely missed when Ekman-Larsson became so absurdly overrated.
Agree completely.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:06 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottompairingdman View Post
Yeah, I talked about it a few polls back.

Doughty has become quite underrated around here, probably because of his scoring (which is down mainly because of his new role, which in turn is caused by the injuries to Mitchell and Greene). There isn't a young defenseman in the league with a resume like Doughty's (Karlsson being the exception here).
Oh, my mistake. It might've been you (or someone else) that said that Greene's and Mitchell's injuries are the best thing to happen to Doughty's career and I agree. Doughty is the number one defenseman on the team in all situations, including defensively. He no longer relies on a strong defensive partner. He creates offense knowing that he also must be the first man back and he now does it regularly. It's funny - Regehr has played three games for the Kings and Doughty has two goals. Goes to show you what having a defensive defenseman to cover your tracks can do for your offensive numbers. I wonder where Doughty will end up on the points list - he's only seven points away from the top-5.

This short season has given us all tunnel vision. We would all be saying, "Subban will come back down to earth," if this was an 82-game season.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:49 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Edler isn't even our #1 defenseman, he's been mediocre and I hope it's because he's been recovering from his injury.

I really hope it's just Swedish bias and that you're not basing your comments from watching the games.

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote