HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Markov

Old
04-06-2013, 07:10 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
LOL The bold print is probably the #1 issue with the Habs IMO. We've lost the honor and CLASS that we so desperately want to return. Hang his number. If there is one player I have identified with as a fan, over 20+ years, who carried the standard we so desperately want? Markov. He is Centurion. Embrace it people!!!
its business my freind , he got paid great and will play maybe 1/2 his contract

too risky to keep , Nathan is ready after next year

same situation as Miller in Buffalo , time for a change

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Prendan Brust

Markov is pretty steady overall given his workload. Yeah, he gets burned once in a while but he used to get burned in his prime years too, albeit a bit less. His mix of experience, vision and leadership are still very needed in the habs. His contribution doesn't end with points and +/-.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
Markov is pretty steady overall given his workload. Yeah, he gets burned once in a while but he used to get burned in his prime years too, albeit a bit less. His mix of experience, vision and leadership are still very needed in the habs. His contribution doesn't end with points and +/-.
He and PK paly a large role in the Habs puck control/movement game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 08:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If we lock up a play-off spot.. we should rest Markov before the play-offs.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
its business my freind , he got paid great and will play maybe 1/2 his contract

too risky to keep , Nathan is ready after next year

same situation as Miller in Buffalo , time for a change
business has been bad for the last 20 years...

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
zzoo

Is there anyone else worried about Markov's speed ? He has looked so slow. He has been out-raced many times. I'm a bit worried that in a series of 4-7 games against a same team, the opponents will exploit this weakness.
I'm also worried about the next season where he may get slower again.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:43 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Is there anyone else worried about Markov's speed ? He has looked so slow. He has been out-raced many times. I'm a bit worried that in a series of 4-7 games against a same team, the opponents will exploit this weakness.
He has lost a step, no doubt, 2 major surgeries, and another year older...I think it just comes down to his positional play, and making sure he is not out there for 26.00 to 28.00 minutes...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if he was faster next year. He's been somewhat overplayed this year and after so long not playing he's probably hit a wall. Also his decision making on when to pinch will probably also get better as he continues to adjust which will mitigate the situations where he is in a race.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Top Corner2

I can't believe we signing him instead of Wiswhosky

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

someone probably already brought this up...

Markov missed over 180 games in the last 3 years and it's hard to stay in game shape when you're injured. he had a good start but you can see lately that he's slowing down because of it.

there's no need to start considering moving him. he should be fine when the off-season comes around and he gets more time to get back into his usual shape. for sure he's never going to find back his foot speed, though.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
I can't believe we signing him instead of Wiswhosky
Please tell me this is a joke.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.
the Wiz is a joke , and robbed Columbus blind

once again these retared owners at it again , paying third tier blueliners like him and Wideman 5+ mil

clowns will never learn , and who will be available next trade deadline year , the two above and about 50+ players in the same boat

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Nedved

I'm a huge markov fan, but when it comes time to re-sign him, I hope we kindly show him the money. the best!!! better than pk, and pk is purely a product of markov.

the general lives.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Et le But

As far as resigning Markov goes, right now I wouldn't do it for the same price but despite clear flaws he's far from finished, so let's see what he looks like when the time arises. This isn't really a question to be asking right now since his contract isn't up. There's no reason he shouldn't be part of our plans in the short term.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
As far as resigning Markov goes, right now I wouldn't do it for the same price but despite clear flaws he's far from finished, so let's see what he looks like when the time arises. This isn't really a question to be asking right now since his contract isn't up. There's no reason he shouldn't be part of our plans in the short term.
Markov has played pretty well all things considered and I believe he has been an overall calming influence on the back end.

Assuming Emelin is done, I'd like to see:

PK-Gorges
Markov-Whiskey
Cube-NB

Going forward this year I think PK is going to have to play 25 -28 minutes per game
Gorges can handle 22+
Keep Markov and Whiskey to 20-22 minutes

I think PK can be double shifted on the PP alternating Markov and NB (Cube can play a shift or 2 also)
Gorges and Whiskey will have to cover the lions share of PK time

Next Year something will have to give, we have.

Markov, PK, Emelin, Gorges, Cube and Diaz signed with Weber RFA (I'm guessing he'll get dealt)(I'm also assuming a Kaberle Buyout). With Tinordi, Pateryn and Beaulieu knocking on the door.

Someones liable to get traded... I don't think Markov would be the one to go, Gorges and Diaz are more likely. They could continue what they've done this year during injuries and let the 3 young guys sub in.... My only real issue with that is having more than 1 rookie D in the lineup. I'd like to see these 3 brought in to the team in successive years. Beaulieu looks to be the most ready.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
A Markov playing 20 minutes a game in the playoffs will be deadly. A Markov playing 24+ minutes a game in the playoffs will hurt us.

I hope we can avoid injuries in the back end because we aren't exactly rich in top 4 Ds so obviously that's the last thing we want to see in the playoffs...also Diaz can't come back any sooner I'm sure he could take a few mins away from Markov/Subban/Gorges and that should help too.

04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
paddy

I think Markov will be better next year. Knee injuries take a long time to heal. The more he plays, the better his timing and decision making will get. After an off season of rest, his knees will be stronger, and his hockey senses will be sharper.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
paddy

Also wanted to add that his impact on the team is underestimated. He does a lot of things that go unoticed by the casual fan. Sure, he's getting burned a few times but it's normal in his situation. His overall contribution and stabolizing presence far outweights his shortcomings this year. Without Markov, our PP would not be as good, and Subban wouldn't be so open. Why do you think that year after year, partner after partner, PP run by Markov always do well? It's because the PK unit can't just cover one option with Markov. He's so creative that if they cover the other pointman, they'll get burned by that cross-ice pass. They have to play lower, and that gives the point shooter just enough time to get the shot through.

Souray, Streit, Subban... doesn't matter who. They always have time to get their shots off, and it's because of Markov.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
I think Markov will be better next year. Knee injuries take a long time to heal. The more he plays, the better his timing and decision making will get. After an off season of rest, his knees will be stronger, and his hockey senses will be sharper.
It's not so much the knee healing as going from barely playing the last 24 months to 3+ games per 7 days condensed schedule. there is an adjustment to having lost half a step, but also more fatigue with fewer off days.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 178
Here is an interesting stat:

In 2007-2008 was the only season where Markov played 82 games... the Habs finished 1st

He is on pace to play in every game of the season for only the second time of his career.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our 2 best seasons in the past decade are with him playing in every game.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:06 AM

What do you guys think is Markov's value on the trade market right now and would you be willing to trade him for the right price?

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Nicko999

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
What do you guys think is Markov's value on the trade market right now and would you be willing to trade him for the right price?
None

Old
04-08-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
None
I mean for next season.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Nicko999

No way we trade him, he is still way too important to the team.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
No way we trade him, he is still way too important to the team.
Markov is probably the player I loved the most over the years and I actually own his jersey but if Washington are serious about trying to win it all fast and offer us a package like Kuznetsov + 1st round pick I would not hesitate and trade him.

I love our team this year but I want a dominant team for the next 10 years and we have some nice pieces (Gallyx2, Pacioretty, Subban, Price) but if in the next 2 to 3 years we can add up more it would make us a contender for years to come.

that's my 2 cent.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote