HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 50: Vladimir Tarasenko heads HF's ranking of the top NHL prospects

Old
03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Trocheck doesn't make top 50?

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:21 AM
MonkeyBusiness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Of course Jensen gets no love.
Jensen is an absolute beast.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I'm not a Panthers fan, but I feel ya. After watching him dismantle team after team the last two years, Sarnia being the last, he should easily be on this list. You aren't being a homer, as he really is incredible.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Good point. He had an unbelievable season, and is 3PPG in the playoffs so far.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Bluesnatic27

Really surprised to see no "Tarasenko shouldn't be rated number one because if so-and-so" or "Tarasenko being rated that high is a joke!!!" comments.

I actually really like the top ten this time around, glad to see Schwartz not in it this time because even though Schwartz is a beast, he definitely shouldn't be rated with guys like Kuznetsov. Again, like everyone else, Zibby is a little too high, but pretty darn solid list in my opinion.

Bluesnatic27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:18 PM
canucksPK

pretty brutal ratings

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
Again, like everyone else, Zibby is a little too high, but pretty darn solid list in my opinion.
Zibanejad is 19 and is on pace for 44pts in 82 games. Thats with a slow start... he's got 9pts in his last 12 games. Plus hes crazy good defensively.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
domon

My rookie > your rookie.

domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
2012 Defensmen in Top 10:

Murray (15)
Reinhart (13)
Rielly (9)
Lindholm (NR)
Dumba (27)
Pouliot (38)
Trouba (37)

The ignorance toward Anaheim prospects continues.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Really surprised to see no "Tarasenko shouldn't be rated number one because if so-and-so" or "Tarasenko being rated that high is a joke!!!" comments.

I actually really like the top ten this time around, glad to see Schwartz not in it this time because even though Schwartz is a beast, he definitely shouldn't be rated with guys like Kuznetsov. Again, like everyone else, Zibby is a little too high, but pretty darn solid list in my opinion.
I agree that Schwartz shouldn't be in the top ten, however, the little tag on his progress and recent play is brainless. He had a bad +/- rating in the minors? Struggled defensively. Not even close and he's a solid defensive player in the NHL already.

It's things like that which show that HF writers are no better than the average non-troll on the forum. At that point, I'd much rather see some bold, biased, opinionated writing instead of a fake veneer of objectivity. Show me exactly how the group voted and give a blurb from each. Transparency is always more interesting in things like this.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I agree that Schwartz shouldn't be in the top ten, however, the little tag on his progress and recent play is brainless. He had a bad +/- rating in the minors? Struggled defensively. Not even close and he's a solid defensive player in the NHL already.

It's things like that which show that HF writers are no better than the average non-troll on the forum. At that point, I'd much rather see some bold, biased, opinionated writing instead of a fake veneer of objectivity. Show me exactly how the group voted and give a blurb from each. Transparency is always more interesting in things like this.
Well I still would trust any HF writer than anyone from "Bleacher Report" (Although that's not saying much) after their terrible write-up on Rattie. But you are correct nonetheless.

Bluesnatic27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Lmao at Yak falling to 5

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
samsquanch9*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Lmao at Yak falling to 5
Why? The people ahead of him seem pretty reasonable.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 11:26 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Quote:
Tarasenko is amazing Not going to argue his number 1 position.

Yakupov at 5 right now is okay to me. He's still learning the game and how to become a complete player. All the tools are there, just a matter of him putting it all together.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
2012 Defensmen in Top 10:

Murray (15)
Reinhart (13)
Rielly (9)
Lindholm (NR)
Dumba (27)
Pouliot (38)
Trouba (37)

The ignorance toward Anaheim prospects continues.
Not to worry ANA, Hampus Lindholm is sitting pretty at #12 in THN Future Watch. And for WPG faithful who noticed the low rating for Trouba, he is considered a top 10 prospect by THN.

04-07-2013, 09:50 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Brandon Saad 29th?

Really ,, Guy has proven a hell of alot more then most ahead of him and is currently one of the best rookies this year
Saad with 2 points tonight. 23pts for the season and 3rd in rookie scoring. HFs rankings continue to impress.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Yakupov dropping 4 spots to 5th is probably the worst ranking I've seen in any of these lists. What a joke..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Why? The people ahead of him seem pretty reasonable.
The people ahead of him are either

a) older
b) if they are the same age, they aren't even outscoring Yak this season (Galchenyuk)

Like why is Galchenyuk so highly thought of over Yakupov? I just don't get it. Both of them have had their struggles, both of them have had their streaks. Yakupov is still outscoring him and was clearly the #1 pick of last year's draft for a reason. Just another classic case of East coast bias I guess.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Smallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
The people ahead of him are either

a) older
b) if they are the same age, they aren't even outscoring Yak this season (Galchenyuk)

Like why is Galchenyuk so highly thought of over Yakupov? I just don't get it. Both of them have had their struggles, both of them have had their streaks. Yakupov is still outscoring him and was clearly the #1 pick of last year's draft for a reason. Just another classic case of East coast bias I guess.
Older?

Who cares?

The Calder trophy doesn't go to the most impressive rookie at the youngest age it goes to the best rookie period.

The only time this should ever matter is if the "rookie" being compared to Yakupov was older than 25. But Huberdeau, Brodin, and Gallagher are not and besides the NHL has already taken measures to prevent older players from being eligible for the Calder trophy

So no sorry Oilers fans - Yakupov has been good for you guys but IMO there have been several more impressive rookies this season including one that you should know a lot about seeing as he plays in the same division as the Oilers

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:50 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
Older?

Who cares?

The Calder trophy doesn't go to the most impressive rookie at the youngest age it goes to the best rookie period.

The only time this should ever matter is if the "rookie" being compared to Yakupov was older than 25. But Huberdeau, Brodin, and Gallagher are not and besides the NHL has already taken measures to prevent older players from being eligible for the Calder trophy

So no sorry Oilers fans - Yakupov has been good for you guys but IMO there have been several more impressive rookies this season including one that you should know a lot about seeing as he plays in the same division as the Oilers
We are talking about the best prospect, not who deserves to win the Calder. The Calder can be won by any age for all I care, but age is a pretty significant factor when ranking "best" prospects.

Not that I really care, these lists have zero bearing on the future of these kids and it's far too early to tell who will be the best of the bunch. The only thing I know or certain is a lot of them will be great NHLers in the future.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
We are talking about the best prospect, not who deserves to win the Calder. The Calder can be won by any age for all I care, but age is a pretty significant factor when ranking "best" prospects.

Not that I really care, these lists have zero bearing on the future of these kids and it's far too early to tell who will be the best of the bunch. The only thing I know or certain is a lot of them will be great NHLers in the future.
Exactly this.. Factoring their seasons in the NHL this year is pretty lame when were discussing the best prospects. A year of experience shouldn't be a factor whatsoever.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Smallz

Yeah that's my bad I thought this was the Huberdeau/Gallagher Calder article thread

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Red08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Saad with 2 points tonight. 23pts for the season and 3rd in rookie scoring. HFs rankings continue to impress.
Who is Saad playing with?

Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Man Bear Pig

Why are Oilers fans taking this so personally? he drops a few spots, so what, it's just a list.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon View Post
My rookie > your rookie.
Exactly. Lots of ******** people here...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote