HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Old
03-24-2013, 10:52 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Find him a wing/defense spot to play him and switch him over later so you have a good backup until he hits 26/27 then sell/let go as an UFA?
I considered it. But thing is he'd be taking someone else's spot and he's only a backup.

I think I'll just let him sit. Should still be able to turn a profit whether in a couple seasons or when he's 27.

GirouxGiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Rune Forumwalker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
When is that big thursday that is great sell players? It is next week?

Im a little bored so i'll just sell my entire team and go full rebuild so i kind of need the money.
Go with the Wednesday or Thursday during the switch from the regular season to playoffs and playout as that's the time when the seasonal bonuses get handed out to all the teams, so they have extra cash. Either works really.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Temm

Well, I'm cutting back a bit from the top end of my team, the Calgary Wire Flyers. Time to focus once more on the continuing youth development. Eight of my decent players are on the market and may be of use to you guys. All eight are Canadians. Please check it out!

Please note that Hines, Bossy, Richard, and Webber are all -3 loyalty. The others are not. Elkins is a real gem.

Temm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Go with the Wednesday or Thursday during the switch from the regular season to playoffs and playout as that's the time when the seasonal bonuses get handed out to all the teams, so they have extra cash. Either works really.
Thank you! Will do.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Just tossed five players, two veterans and three scrub T&S's, on the market.

Old
04-02-2013, 02:20 AM
poppap527

failed in my attempt to make the playoffs about a week ago. Just decided to roll my U20 lineup for the experience and training boosts that I will get from it. Good luck to all in the playoffs/playout.

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Diskothek

Locked up IV.8 1st seed, gonna re-work my line-up a little. Going to move on from a couple older guys.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
tujague

Hello I was MIA for a long while. Some talk about my team folding. I think I had a week left before it went kaput. Shockingly I'm still in second place in I.1 (very cool to see 4 of the top 5 US teams coming from HFB). I assumed I was playing every game on High since I hadn't checked in since the playoffs. Nope. Playing on Low. How in the hell am I in second? Entering the playoffs with Heavenly+. Time to fail again?

I even won some World League games, but not enough to get into the playoffs. Still did better than any other US team.

Quote:
Just tossed five players, two veterans and three scrub T&S's, on the market.
I have seriously got to remember to put some players up today. I haven't sold anyone in 3(?) seasons.

What time has the most users on these days?

EDIT: Hah. Marcel Humes was the top goalie in US I.1 for the 4th time in the last 5 seasons. Best 400M I've ever spent. Dude is a bad ass.

Last edited by tujague: 04-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.
tujague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I have seriously got to remember to put some players up today. I haven't sold anyone in 3(?) seasons.

What time has the most users on these days?

EDIT: Hah. Marcel Humes was the top goalie in US I.1 for the 4th time in the last 5 seasons. Best 400M I've ever spent. Dude is a bad ass.
I've started to like selling players on Wednesday between 5-6 my time. That way it gives other teams a full day to change their lineups for the playoffs. It makes me think it could increase the players value a little bit due to that.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
tujague

Quote:
I've started to like selling players on Wednesday between 5-6 my time. That way it gives other teams a full day to change their lineups for the playoffs. It makes me think it could increase the players value a little bit due to that.
Too late

I have 18 players up for tomorrow. So glad I finally remembered to sell some players. It's been way too long. The only players to leave my team over the last 3 seasons has been guys I had to fire to get me below 50 players so I could buy reinforcements. So lazy. Anyway. I think they were all listed for 5M, but two of them got weird bids (26M & 36M) right out of the gate.

How much AI does a player lose when he's -12P? Or whatever it will be now that Potential has changed.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Rune Forumwalker

I really should have listed more players, but I tend to only sell old veterans and 22 y/o train and sells. I should probably sell a few before that age, but meh.

That idea about value isn't anything confirmed, just a hope.

Haha, my backup goalie is at 222M so far. He has hardly any experience, but is max P so yeah.

EDIT:

04.04 - Player Ken Couture was sold for 50 139 789 to team Sound Tigers.
04.04 - Player Flo Thaler was sold for 1 000 000 to team HC CASSOVIA-SHAKAL.
04.04 - Player Franklin Block was sold for 5 247 309 to team HC CASSOVIA-SHAKAL.
04.04 - Player Adam Čech was sold for 222 345 435 to team HC Blazers.
04.04 - Player Florencián Šmitala was sold for 99 110 339 to team Rayners Lane.

Last edited by Rune Forumwalker: 04-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 131
I'm in for a world of hurt next season. All my players are free agents basically. Many are not +3 so yeah... I don't have much money. I really made an effort this season to get into the World League but now I find out the US only gets two participants next season.. Soo... my team is toast. We'll see what happens but as of now I don't have the money to keep my top player, let alone my 6 UFA's next season. It will be interesting

In the meantime I won playoff game 1. That's good and all but if I make it past this round I have a date of destruction vs. tujague.

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 12:11 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
In the meantime I won playoff game 1. That's good and all but if I make it past this round I have a date of destruction vs. tujague.
If we both make it to round 2, I don't think you'll have to worry about it. My team is obviously not built to finish. *grumble grumble*

Old
04-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
If we both make it to round 2, I don't think you'll have to worry about it. My team is obviously not built to finish. *grumble grumble*
That's not entirely true. It's the third round your team is not built to finish in.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:18 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Eked out a win in Game 2 vs a team with an average AI 50 points higher than mine. I bet that woke him up!

Old
04-07-2013, 04:30 PM
tujague

Nice win, Giroux

Quote:
That's not entirely true. It's the third round your team is not built to finish in.
I wish that were the case. Semis in the WL and NCHC both failed. And I lost in the semis last season to smetana and in season 42 to Purple Haze. So I've failed in the semis more than I've failed in the Finals. This is really annoying to talk about. ****ing Coyotes.

I added another player today. +3 25yo winger. 566M. Too much? It's been so long since I've paid any attention to the market He'll be the replacement for form Franchise player Teodor Fejdasz. TF will be -12 next season. So something needed to be done there.

Hmm. Just looking at my team again. The new guy only cost 66M more than a previous purchase who has damn near exact stats.So I guess I'll be happy about that. What's next? I think I should add a center at some point. My top two are -6 & 0P already.

Odd fact about the Atomics. I currently have 6 players with names that start with a 'K' and 4 others who have a 'k' in their name. The new player's last name is Kocourek. Like I said, he's replacing Teodor Fejdasz who has no k's. Counting first names, I have a total of 16 k's in the starting lineup. That seems like an obscene amount of k's.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
I wish that were the case. Semis in the WL and NCHC both failed. And I lost in the semis last season to smetana and in season 42 to Purple Haze. So I've failed in the semis more than I've failed in the Finals. This is really annoying to talk about. ****ing Coyotes.
Heh, I was mainly talking about league matches as I don't pay attention to the NC, NCHC, or WL. Although I suppose if I was where you are at then I would...

Quote:
I added another player today. +3 25yo winger. 566M. Too much? It's been so long since I've paid any attention to the market He'll be the replacement for form Franchise player Teodor Fejdasz. TF will be -12 next season. So something needed to be done there.
I'd gladly take that, but I am broke. And I need a ton more youth.

Luckily the few veterans I have left to fill out the lineup are +3 or have the franchise tag. I'm using that so that I don't have to replace them all at once, which would be impossible. Would love to have two wings, a center, and two d-men next season, but I'll probably have to settle on just one wing.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
tujague

Good luck, grillmaster

Quote:
Heh, I was mainly talking about league matches as I don't pay attention to the NC, NCHC, or WL. Although I suppose if I was where you are at then I would...
I wouldn't have paid as much attention to my failures either if I had just won one damn thing. NC doesn't really count. Although I was quite happy to get that win since it was my last time in the NC.

Quote:
I'd gladly take that, but I am broke. And I need a ton more youth.

Luckily the few veterans I have left to fill out the lineup are +3 or have the franchise tag. I'm using that so that I don't have to replace them all at once, which would be impossible. Would love to have two wings, a center, and two d-men next season, but I'll probably have to settle on just one wing.
What sucks is I bought that guy for 566M and he's not even going to get into the lineup during the playoffs He's not immediately better than anyone else and I don't want to screw with the chemistry. He'll be a nice insurance policy though

If you have a choice, you should absolutely go for some +3 guys. My team would have been wiped out while I was MIA if I wasn't loaded with them. I don't even bid anymore unless I know they are +3. I don't even see the point in buying anyone else. Except for that dman that I absolutely needed to buy for this season because Shane McNally was -18P and under 200AI when I came back. Other than emergency stop gaps, all purchases should be +3. Think about the money you save when they are UFAs. That's when the players are at their best. And I think I've proved that you can't win a I.1 title with younger players in the lineup. Half of my lineup was 21-25yo when I started my run. My whole lineup is now over 300AI

I also agree with forsbergwannabe that it's better to go with a slightly lower Q to get max P and +3.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
Good luck, grillmaster

I wouldn't have paid as much attention to my failures either if I had just won one damn thing. NC doesn't really count. Although I was quite happy to get that win since it was my last time in the NC.

What sucks is I bought that guy for 566M and he's not even going to get into the lineup during the playoffs He's not immediately better than anyone else and I don't want to screw with the chemistry. He'll be a nice insurance policy though

If you have a choice, you should absolutely go for some +3 guys. My team would have been wiped out while I was MIA if I wasn't loaded with them. I don't even bid anymore unless I know they are +3. I don't even see the point in buying anyone else. Except for that dman that I absolutely needed to buy for this season because Shane McNally was -18P and under 200AI when I came back. Other than emergency stop gaps, all purchases should be +3. Think about the money you save when they are UFAs. That's when the players are at their best. And I think I've proved that you can't win a I.1 title with younger players in the lineup. Half of my lineup was 21-25yo when I started my run. My whole lineup is now over 300AI

I also agree with forsbergwannabe that it's better to go with a slightly lower Q to get max P and +3.
Only problem is for younger players, how can you know? I got burned on a guy who was actually +2. That lying ****er...

Old
04-08-2013, 11:51 AM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
Only problem is for younger players, how can you know? I got burned on a guy who was actually +2. That lying ****er...
I guess I've been very lucky with that. No one has lied yet. I think everyone I bought was advertised as +3 in the transfer forum. I will also email the seller and ask for Q/P/L. And then scout. if things match up, I will place a bid. But nothing will make me feel 100% safe. So I still freak out every time I buy a player. Even after the player joins my team, I will refresh his profile page several times to make sure it hasn't changed

Who lied to you? Send his name to the Blacklist guy.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

Quote:
I guess I've been very lucky with that. No one has lied yet. I think everyone I bought was advertised as +3 in the transfer forum. I will also email the seller and ask for Q/P/L. And then scout. if things match up, I will place a bid. But nothing will make me feel 100% safe. So I still freak out every time I buy a player. Even after the player joins my team, I will refresh his profile page several times to make sure it hasn't changed

Who lied to you? Send his name to the Blacklist guy.
He advertised in the forum as +3, everything else matched. He was Canadian, and I thought North Americans were allies in this game.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxGiroux View Post
He advertised in the forum as +3, everything else matched. He was Canadian, and I thought North Americans were allies in this game.
Oh yeah. I remember that. I don't trust North Americans. I think Humes is the only NA on my team. The only person to lie to me straight up was Canadian. And I've seen a couple of other Canadians being deceptive in the transfers forum. Not straight up lying. Doing the old,
'I have this 18yo who is unscouted. He's +3 with 93Q and ?81P.'
It's not a lie, but you can't know loyalty without scouting. It's very deceptive. I noticed recently that one of them has a |GUI after his name and was talking about how wrong it is to lie when someone asks about QPL

Old
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

On to the second round. It would be ridiculous if I promote with the 12th-highest AI, except not because my guys are awesome.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 131
Winrawr.

III.1 championship feels like yesterday.

njdevscup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
smetana

I get primetime in the semis. This will be a test, no doubt.

Cross your fingers, tujague. Hopefully we'll see each other in the finals!

smetana is online now   Reply With Quote