HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Hahahaha I literally laughed out loud at this. That's great.

Anyways, posted it in his signing thread, but Forbort signed an ATO for this year and his contract starts next year. He also will wear #3.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:00 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
My god,

Manchester's Defense is going to be huge. That is not going to be fun for the AHL playing against that size.

Is it me , or is it kind of creepy how all the age ranges(for players) line up perfect for Lombardi....He gets all these guys in waves due to age.

This guy doing voodoo or what ?

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-07-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old
04-07-2013, 01:36 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

highlights on the 4-3 loss to Providence

Old
04-07-2013, 04:37 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs win!! 4-3 in OT over the Worcester Sharks! Despite letting up the game tying goal with only 1.1 seconds left in the game. Monarchs win it OT with a wrister from the slot by David Kolomatis.

Other goals tonight from Campbell, Weal, & O'Neill

Jordan Weal continues to play fantastic! Looking as good as anyone out there in his rookie season. Scored on a snipe from the right wing circle. Had a fantastic back check in the 3rd period that lead to a scoring chance. Great game from Weal! Weal now has 14 goals on the year! But, remember he only started playing top 6 minutes until after the NHL lockout ended. Prior to that he was playing 4th line minutes or was a healthy scratch.

Notes: Linden Vey was back in the line-up tonight and looked great. Derek Forbort was not in the line-up. He said in interview with Mayor's Manor last night that he'd prefer to get in a few practices. I'd imagine the Monarchs coaching staff feels the same. I'd expect him to be in the line-up friday verse the Connecticut Whale.

The Monarchs playoff hopes got a little brighter today and are now 4 points behind the 8th seeded Hershey Bears with 6 games remaining. (However, it's a cluster of teams trying to get that final spot) The Monarchs do play the Bears twice in the final 6 games, including the final game of the year. The Bears are trailing the Wilkes-Barrie/Scranton Penguins 4-3 with about 4 minutes to go. So hopefully the Pens hold on and the Monarch will still only trail by 4 points (however, when I started righting this post the Pens were winning 4-1 )

Edit: Bears lose in regulation!

Standings (Bridgeport & Albany are all still playing right now)

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....ason=&confId=0

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 04-07-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
damacles1156

Can't wait to see Forbort, I may fly over to watch the game if I can get Friday off.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:37 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Statistically speaking, Toffoli is the 3rd best player in the AHL while Vey is 11th, Pearson 33rd, and Kozun 44th. Amazing.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11702
The one who above all. Tyler Johnson.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

And on a slightly related note:

The ECHL Ontario Reign last night became the first team to advance to the Conference Semifinals, sweeping the Utah Grizzlies four games to none in the first round -- winning the last two in Utah both in overtime. They have the #2 seed in the Western Conference, and will have home ice against whoever their next round opponent will be -- which won't be determined until at least April 12, and perhaps as late as April 17th, meaning they might have more than 11 days until their next game. Gotta love the minor leagues!

Old
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
CNS
A World Alone

I'd love to see the Reign do well for the sole reason of letting Berube start valuable games, get him more experience, and boost his confidence. Hopefully I'll get to watch him live in Manchester next year.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
CNS
A World Alone

OT but don't curr. Just got my acceptance letter to transfer to UNH and it was in my top two choices with UMass Amherst. So it's very possible I'll be in New Hampshire next year and attend many Monarchs games. I am ****ing excite!

Old
04-08-2013, 01:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
OT but don't curr. Just got my acceptance letter to transfer to UNH and it was in my top two choices with UMass Amherst. So it's very possible I'll be in New Hampshire next year and attend many Monarchs games. I am ****ing excite!
Congrats on your accomplishment and you are going to love all of the hockey in the MCH area. Great to have another solid set of eyes giving us more frequent updates. Very cool for you and us.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Congrats on your accomplishment and you are going to love all of the hockey in the MCH area. Great to have another solid set of eyes giving us more frequent updates. Very cool for you and us.
Thanks. If I decide to go there, I'm going to end up looking in to some sort of big ticket package to go to as many games as possible. And if Kevin Gravel signs this offseason, I'll get season tickets.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Awesome! Congrats!

Welcome to New England! The weather sucks but the pizza is amazing! First time I went to a game in Manchester is it was trip. People walking around in Kings jerseys, Kings banner in the rafters, Kings gear in the team store. It's like a home away from home.

The Monarchs arena is also one of the nicest arenas in the AHL. It's like a mini NHL arena. Nice thing about this area is there tons of AHL teams in a short driving distance. Portland, Worcester, Springfield, Albany, Providence, Hartford, and Bridgeport are all close by. So, there is lots of chances to see the Monarchs play both home and away. Then the Bruins will be close to you and the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils won't be far away either. So, lots of chances to see the Kings play on the east coast.

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 04-08-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old
04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Awesome! Congrats!

Welcome to New England! The weather sucks but the pizza is amazing! First time I went to a game in Manchester is it was trip. People walking around in Kings jerseys, Kings banner in the rafters, Kings gear in the team store. It's like a home away from home.

The Monarchs arena is also one of the nicest arenas in the AHL. It's like a mini NHL arena. Nice thing about this area is there tons of AHL teams in a short driving distance. Portland, Worcester, Springfield, Albany, Providence, Hartford, and Bridgeport are all close by. So, there is lots of chances to see the Monarchs play both home and away. Then the Bruins will be close to you and the Rangers, Islanders, and Devils won't be far away either. So, lots of chances to see the Kings play on the east coast.
Thanks! Yeah I actually made my way out to New England in January and loved it. Caught a Monarchs game and had a lot of fun. I'll definitely have to catch a few Kings games out there once I move. Only been to games in SJ and LA so I'm excited to see some new rinks.

Old
04-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

Recent UMaine grad here.

I used to make a few trips a season down to watch Monarchs games. It was a ton of fun. I love the Northeast, so hopefully you get to enjoy it as much as I did if you choose the University of No Hardware.

Old
04-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Whiskeypete

any recent word on Mersch yet? haven't heard anything further since last week when DL acknowledged he is trying to sign the college guys now to ELC's. i asked some of the guys i coach with that went to high school with him and they haven't heard anything as of yesterday.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:19 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
any recent word on Mersch yet? haven't heard anything further since last week when DL acknowledged he is trying to sign the college guys now to ELC's. i asked some of the guys i coach with that went to high school with him and they haven't heard anything as of yesterday.
I can only add that he was one of the guys that DL and Hextal spent time watching recently and both said that he was looking very good. I know that we are trying to get Shore done so maybe no news is good news? I dont know. I sent an email to one of his coaches so if I hear anything I will post it.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I can only add that he was one of the guys that DL and Hextal spent time watching recently and both said that he was looking very good. I know that we are trying to get Shore done so maybe no news is good news? I dont know. I sent an email to one of his coaches so if I hear anything I will post it.
much appreciated TG. as happy as i am with the club today, i can't wait to see it in about 3 years. serious potential to have a dominant team with the current core and this next batch of kids when they graduate to the NHL

Old
04-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Monarchs have signed a couple of junior players to their roster.

WHL goalie Ty Rimmer, who played with the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123021

And they also signed Scott Sabourin, a RW who played with the Oshawa Generals of the OHL.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122904

Old
04-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Monarchs have signed a couple of junior players to their roster.

WHL goalie Ty Rimmer, who played with the Lethbridge Hurricanes.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=123021

And they also signed Scott Sabourin, a RW who played with the Oshawa Generals of the OHL.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122904

Rimmer was well over a week ago. He's been the backup in at least the last 3 and maybe 4 games.

In other news, Toffoli named to AHL all rookie team:

http://theahl.com/2012-13-ahl-all-ro...ounced-p183133

Old
04-11-2013, 04:23 AM
McSorley 33

Sabourin is Andreoffs buddy who throws down a lot and is very physical. Very nice bottom six player. DL loves his tough guys.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Johnny Utah

Sabourin has a really good win loss fight record and has had some battles with Derek Mathers, probably a potential Flyer.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Sabourin has a really good win loss fight record and has had some battles with Derek Mathers, probably a potential Flyer.
30 goals, maybe the kid can play some too.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:03 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Toffoli named AHL rookie of the year!

Old
04-12-2013, 01:05 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Congrats to Tyler Toffoli! The kid was a beast!

http://theahl.com/toffoli-named-ahl-...e-year-p183183

Linden Vey for MVP?

Old
04-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
30 goals, maybe the kid can play some too.
Manchester has always had good tandems of big or scrappy players who ended up tight with each other. Nolan/King, Sabourin/Andreoff, Clune/Westgarth, Flinn/Brennan. These guys all had each others backs for years.

Andreoff and Sabourin will be the big 3rd-4th line guys in the Manchester for a few years now. Let's see if Justin Johnson re-signs of they let him go.

Closed Thread