HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Coming back from Injury

Old
04-07-2013, 08:23 PM
coz21
Skrillllllz

vCash: 500
Coming back from Injury

I broke my finger about 4.5 weeks ago and it's no longer splinted but I don't have full range of motion yet. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I get back to playing.

coz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:36 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by coz21 View Post
I broke my finger about 4.5 weeks ago and it's no longer splinted but I don't have full range of motion yet. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before I get back to playing.
Did you get it x-rayed? Make sure it doesn't need surgery if you haven't consulted with an orthopedist. Range of motion may never come back depending on how you break it. My ring finger has about 20-30% of it's old mobility (not exact, just guessing). The finger doesn't affect my playing ability at all, but all it may take is a random stick to do permanent damage.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
coz21
Skrillllllz

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Did you get it x-rayed? Make sure it doesn't need surgery if you haven't consulted with an orthopedist. Range of motion may never come back depending on how you break it. My ring finger has about 20-30% of it's old mobility (not exact, just guessing). The finger doesn't affect my playing ability at all, but all it may take is a random stick to do permanent damage.
It's been x-rayed once a week at an orthopedics office since I broke it. The bone is healed and no surgery is needed, I was just wondering if the lack of range would effect my play enough that I should wait.

Last edited by coz21: 04-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by coz21 View Post
It's been x-rayed once a week at an orthopedics office since I broke it. The bone is healed and no surgery is needed, I was just wondering if the lack of range would effect my play enough that I should wait.
As long as you can grab the stick tightly without any pain, I'd say it should be okay.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
coz21
Skrillllllz

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
As long as you can grab the stick tightly without any pain, I'd say it should be okay.
Thanks