HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets talk about Dave Bolland

Old
04-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
We cant release him

We have to buy him out

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
A lot of posters think Montador gets released. What do you think?
Who knows.. if he can play well in the AHL, maybe they can trade him. At this point though, I think it's likely he gets compliance bought out.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:24 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Who knows.. if he can play well in the AHL, maybe they can trade him. At this point though, I think it's likely he gets compliance bought out.
IF he plays well in Rockford, he could be useful in the playoffs. Injuries happen, he's more talented than Brookbank and and has a reputation as a great locker room guy. Better than having to pull Nick Bpynton's corpse out for big minutes in the finals. And if he plays well with his chances, he's potentially trade-able (maybe with a conditional pick)

But yeah, most likely they will have to use a compliance on him.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:55 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
IF he plays well in Rockford, he could be useful in the playoffs. Injuries happen, he's more talented than Brookbank and and has a reputation as a great locker room guy. Better than having to pull Nick Bpynton's corpse out for big minutes in the finals. And if he plays well with his chances, he's potentially trade-able (maybe with a conditional pick)

Problem is, Q will never play Montador over Brookbank and for once, there's actually good reason for it. Montador hasn't played an NHL game since, what? Last March? And if memory serves me right, it was as a forward vs. New Jersey.

Broobank's a #6/7 Dman, but he's been with the team all year and has played in 19 games for Chicago.

If Montador finds himself in Chicago's lineup in the playoffs, it doesn't bode well for Chicago. Probably the best #8 Dman in the league, but hopefully Chicago doesn't have to use him.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:51 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post

I don't think there are any questions that he has the ability to play. His play to me is still that of a 5-6th defenseman. He hasn't lost any steps in his game. Because his contract is less than his affordable cap hit I would not use a compliance buyout on Montador. I'm for keeping him and giving him a roster spot next season.

If he doesn't work out. Stanton or Clendening seem to be reasonable replacements.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Most teams, at least the ones drafting dmen higher than what the Hawks have done have at least one if not several bluechip prospects in the pipeline. The Hawks imo have none.

The blueline is inexperienced. So are many other AHL teams not named the Wolves. They are also on the lower spectrum of servicable talent.
Our D is set so far and when they sign Leddy, the Top 4 is set until Bowman wants to go a different route.

Keith and Seabrook are #1s
Leddy and Hjalmarsson will play in the NHL too. We will also have another vet on the Roster every year and Oduya is doing a good job as #5.

D is not a problem.

Now, to that other stuff you said. Since Bowman is here, he traded for Leddy - a former 1st Round pick and currently in the NHL on our 2nd pair.

2010, Bowman drafted 2 D in the 2nd Round
2011, it was 1 2nd and 2 3rd Rounders on D
2012, it was another 2nd Rounder on D

in the later Rounds, he picked 3 more.

Before that, it was Tallon and he picked a D with a 1st Rounder and a year before it was a 3rd on Lalonde.

Bowman has done a good job of adding Talent to our pipeline when it comes to D. He picked PMDs and Defensiv minded Ds. The only thing all have in common is that they are good skaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I don't give rats ****ing ******* about the Hogs making the playoffs and to spite the Hawks' needs? No, I know Bowman cares but I think the big club takes priority and we could use a 2C like Pirri. He needs to be tried out before the POs, especially with the injuries.
Pirri is not better than Bolland or Handzus or Shaw or Krüger. Those are the guys behind Toews and before Pirri. That's the reality. Next year will be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
if he can play is much more usefull. A team will take the chance on Monty if needed. A team that needs to reach the floor would like to get his Cap Hit with the Salary lesser than the Hit.
They are scared about his health and if he can play from now on and finish the season healthy, he will get a chance

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 09:50 AM
EdzosCrayon

I don't know if I'd call Oduya our #5. I know his TOI has been reduced lately, but on the year he still has the 3rd highest TOI per game of all our D-men.

EdzosCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

true, but it was Oduyas spot Bowman wanted to upgrade and it is Oduya who got demoted to the 3rd pair

Old
04-07-2013, 03:48 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I think, based on the "raise" Oduya got and his current caphit, that the intent at the time of signing was for Oduya to be our 4th Dman. Now that Leddy's game has continued to improve, I think Oduya is now our #5, or at least next year he will be.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
true, but it was Oduyas spot Bowman wanted to upgrade and it is Oduya who got demoted to the 3rd pair
Which is a complete rumour. Bowman never said he wanted to upgrade the D, and neither did anyone else in the org.

I don't believe any "rumours" about the Hawks, because every deal they have made has come out of left field..

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Oduya was "demoted" to a third pair that plays, what? 14-16 minutes a game? They're not really a third pairing, whether it's Oduya or Leddy paired with Roszival.

IMO, it's pretty clear Q trusts each of Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Hammer, Roszival and Oduya. What pair each player happens to be on, to me, is more a reflection of Q's never-ending quest for "balance" and less about how a player's played.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Have their been any official injury updates on Bolland?

deytookerjaabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Q said he doesn't think it's serious. So my guess is out for the regular season, aim to be back for the playoffs.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we are already in the POs, have won the Divison and are a Top2 team in the west for sure... we are in no rush to bring him back to the ice

Old
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Illinihockey

Bolland not playing against the Wild on Tuesday

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:05 PM
BobbyJet

Oddly enough, the Preds feed had Bolland listed as a healthy scratch yesterday. I get the impression that he has been playing at less than 100 percent healthy, hopefully it’s not his back that’s acting up.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Oddly enough, the Preds feed had Bolland listed as a healthy scratch yesterday. I get the impression that he has been playing at less than 100 percent healthy, hopefully it’s not his back that’s acting up.
He took a Weber shot off of his foot....don't see how it can be anything but that.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
BobbyJet

Yes, you're right ... I thought I remembered that. When I heard that though, I started to think it was Carcillo that took that shot .. but that was in a different game.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
BK Lounge

I have a bad feeling that it is his back. If you watch him skate he looks like he is in pain. When I was playing juniors I had trouble in my L-4/L-5 area and while I could skate I could not generate any power while pushing off. I was a goalie so there is a difference but I see a lot similarities to the trouble I was having. I am not comparing myself to a NHL player but I do know what it is like to have back issues while playing and it was ultimately the reason I decided to not play (D3).

One thing that might be a difference in the playoffs could be that he is willing to take a pain shot to help with the pain but he is not willing to do that during the regular season. If this is the case I can completely understand his troubles. Just my thoughts.

BK Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 02:35 PM
BK Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Lounge View Post
I have a bad feeling that it is his back. If you watch him skate he looks like he is in pain.
To elaborate further I am talking about the length of his stride and the power that he is producing. There are plays where he trys to "turn it on" and just can't. If you compare that to the playoffs his stride is a bit longer and he seems to generate a lot more power. (Sorry for the lack of details in my original post)

From everything that I have read about Bolland it appears that he trains hard and is not a player that just loafs but that could just be the article that I have read. If it is his back I think he should get it taken care of this summer and get completely healthy because like it or not he is an important player for this team.

BK Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:05 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Brokeback Dave.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 06:55 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Man, drunk enough to **** up "there."

deytookerjaabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Bolland injured again I see

Last 20 games = 2 goals + 5 assists

Pt less in 25/35 games (71% of his games played this year he has failed to register a pt)

Hopefully the Bolland era is almost over in Chicago

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bolland injured again I see

Last 20 games = 2 goals + 5 assists

Pt less in 25/35 games (71% of his games played this year he has failed to register a pt)

Hopefully the Bolland era is almost over in Chicago
Bolland is being played out of position, it's not his fault, he, like Kruger and Kane have been tried to be forced into a position they aren't built for. Yet when they don't produce instead of people getting at Bowman for 3 years now not acquiring an actual #2 C or Q for trying to put guys there who aren't supposed to be there we blame the player.

I don't fault Bolland, he is a premier shutdown #3C and one of the best if not the best at that role. He is a serviceable #2 C but it's not what he should be playing. If the Hawks either actually put Sharp back or get someone who is a #2C then Bolland can go back to doing what he does best. But I won't blame all of this on Bolland as much of it isn't his fault.

But yes, lets get rid of an elite shutdown #3C who has all but erased some of the best forwards in the NHL and who is a playoff warrior, because.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Bolland is being played out of position, it's not his fault, he, like Kruger and Kane have been tried to be forced into a position they aren't built for. Yet when they don't produce instead of people getting at Bowman for 3 years now not acquiring an actual #2 C or Q for trying to put guys there who aren't supposed to be there we blame the player.

I don't fault Bolland, he is a premier shutdown #3C and one of the best if not the best at that role. He is a serviceable #2 C but it's not what he should be playing. If the Hawks either actually put Sharp back or get someone who is a #2C then Bolland can go back to doing what he does best. But I won't blame all of this on Bolland as much of it isn't his fault.

But yes, lets get rid of an elite shutdown #3C who has all but erased some of the best forwards in the NHL and who is a playoff warrior, because.
Why can't he produce even quality 3C numbers while playing on the 2nd line? The out of position argument doesn't wash.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote