HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Zibanejad would be a great pickup.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
conacher

Old
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Alklha

Richards is playing better and, having traded Gbork, they have $13.5m in cap space with 6 roster spots to fill. They could still probably trade him, but buying him out won't be a consideration.

If Armstrong could work something around Stewart for Zibanejad then that would be highway robbery. I think we might end up going back to the trade that was talked about on this board at the start of last season; Stewart for Krejč.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Why would krejci be available though.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Alklha

Let's them move Seguin back to centre full time and Stewart is their ideal type of winger. Bergeron, Seguin and Peverley centring their top 3 lines if they were to move Krejč.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:10 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Bergeron might be done. 4th concussion, out indefinitely.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Alklha

Forgot about that! Hopefully he is back quickly, but with those ongoing issues, it probably is unlikely they move a C.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I don't know if they'd want to move Seguin back to center and P9 already brought up the Bergeron issues.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If we get a #1 center, we'd still have to move 2 forwards, unless they magically became profitable.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM
HooliganX2

Wow people on this board are insane. That is all.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:45 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The likelihood of what I said is about as likely as a Blues, Wings, and Hawk fan all sitting down, having a drink and politely discussing hockey.

Isn't this thread meant for insanity though?

Old
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
yes this is the thread of our hopes and dreams no matter how unlikely they are. such as my hope that the sedins wont resign with canucks next year and the blues will somehow have enough money to sign them.this board is about seeing a fact (the sedins are ufas after next year) and stating the outcome you like the best( the blues signing them.)

Old
04-07-2013, 06:52 PM
BadgersandBlues

I think a team we should target at the draft is Florida. If they decide to keep Weiss, they have Weiss, Huberdeau, and Bjugstad all down the middle. Wonder if we could convince them they need a Winger. After this year they -have- to be in the market for a goalie too.

What about:
Steen+Halak+2nd for Huberdeau or Bjugstad? Or we could throw in Rattie instead of the pick if that's their price. If I'm throwing in Rattie as well I'd push for Huberdeau.

I know people love Steen, and I do too (Usually he's severely underrated) but I think he's the most replaceable guy of our top 6/9, (He doesn't have that "One thing" that someone else doesn't have, Stewart's blend of size/skill, Perron's hands, etc) plus he's UFA after next season, and will likely want a raise into the 4 mil range. He's also one of our older core guys, and probably has maxed out on what he is as a player (Which is really good, but you have to give to get)

If Jaskin is as ready as it sounds like management thinks he is, wouldn't he pretty much make Steen superfluous?

I've watched a bunch of Florida games this year, and Huberdeau is a phenomenally smart hockey player. He can score, but is clearly a playmaker at heart. I watched a bit of U of Minn hockey as well, (like 3 games) and while Bjugstad was really solid for them, he was so much larger then everyone else, it's tough to get a read on what kind of NHL player he might turn into. I'm assuming his ceiling is an even bigger David Backes, perhaps not the guy we want as our #1C

Florida would get a relatively young goalie who has shown he can be a starter in this league and has playoff experience, they would get a really solid prime-aged guy who could be counted on every night, and they would get a prospect who has scorched Canadian Juniors in scoring two straight years.

Say we did pull off that trade for Huberdeau, we would look like:

Perron-Huberdeau-Tarasenko
Jaskin-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
Porter-Sobotka-Cracknell

Reaves, XXX

Jay-Bo-AP
Jacks-Shatty
Russell-Polak
Cole

Elliott
Allen

Perhaps move Stewart and Perron around as well.

We would unload a bunch of salary in Steen and Halak which would also help us keep our financial house in order.

Thoughts?

Old
04-07-2013, 06:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Beyond unlikely for Huberdeau.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:01 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Florida has a financial house to keep in order as well. That would add a ton of salary to them, and wouldn't really make them that much better. Markstrom's going to be a stud, Huberdeau has been one of their best players this season, and is cost controlled etc. Doesn't make sense.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:06 PM
BadgersandBlues

Florida also has Drew Shore and Shawn Matthias down the middle, I forgot about those two. So basically, they are stacked at Center, while we have lots of Wingers and at least one extra goalie.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
I think a team we should target at the draft is Florida. If they decide to keep Weiss, they have Weiss, Huberdeau, and Bjugstad all down the middle. Wonder if we could convince them they need a Winger. After this year they -have- to be in the market for a goalie too.

What about:
Steen+Halak+2nd for Huberdeau or Bjugstad? Or we could throw in Rattie instead of the pick if that's their price. If I'm throwing in Rattie as well I'd push for Huberdeau.

I know people love Steen, and I do too (Usually he's severely underrated) but I think he's the most replaceable guy of our top 6/9, (He doesn't have that "One thing" that someone else doesn't have, Stewart's blend of size/skill, Perron's hands, etc) plus he's UFA after next season, and will likely want a raise into the 4 mil range. He's also one of our older core guys, and probably has maxed out on what he is as a player (Which is really good, but you have to give to get)

If Jaskin is as ready as it sounds like management thinks he is, wouldn't he pretty much make Steen superfluous?

I've watched a bunch of Florida games this year, and Huberdeau is a phenomenally smart hockey player. He can score, but is clearly a playmaker at heart. I watched a bit of U of Minn hockey as well, (like 3 games) and while Bjugstad was really solid for them, he was so much larger then everyone else, it's tough to get a read on what kind of NHL player he might turn into. I'm assuming his ceiling is an even bigger David Backes, perhaps not the guy we want as our #1C

Florida would get a relatively young goalie who has shown he can be a starter in this league and has playoff experience, they would get a really solid prime-aged guy who could be counted on every night, and they would get a prospect who has scorched Canadian Juniors in scoring two straight years.

Say we did pull off that trade for Huberdeau, we would look like:

Perron-Huberdeau-Tarasenko
Jaskin-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
Porter-Sobotka-Cracknell

Reaves, XXX

Jay-Bo-AP
Jacks-Shatty
Russell-Polak
Cole

Elliott
Allen

Perhaps move Stewart and Perron around as well.

We would unload a bunch of salary in Steen and Halak which would also help us keep our financial house in order.

Thoughts?
Florida doesn't touch that. They have Markstrom already. He's gonna be a good one. And that package wouldn't get Huberdeau. I'm not totally sold on Bjugstad yet. He'll be a NHLer, but the question is where would he line up. I don't think he will be a number one center. Huberdeau would cost more than we would be willing to give. He's their Tarasenko

Old
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
nicholas89alex

huberdeau was picked 3rd overall in 2011. he isn't going anywhere. I would honestly consider him a better or equal prospect to tarasenko.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
BadgersandBlues

If Florida gets a top draft pick, there's a good chance they choose MacKinnon.

That means in terms of center depth they have:

Huberdeau
Bjugstad
Howden
Matthias
Shore
MacKinnon
Weiss (If resigned)

Like I said, a team we should be talking to quite a bit about one of their guys.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

I'd bet florida would take drouin. Drouin-huberdeau- verbeauty would be unbelievable in two years

Old
04-08-2013, 03:41 PM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I'd bet florida would take drouin. Drouin-huberdeau- verbeauty would be unbelievable in two years
That could be, and they could also choose to not resign Weiss. They still have a load of depth at the position though.

The only other team I can think of with that much skilled depth at Center is Ottawa. They have

Spezza
Turris
Zibanejad
Conacher

We seem to have a good relationship with Ottawa, perhaps we can work something out there.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I'll put it this way. Now that the LHD hole is filled, we're one piece away from being stupid good...That piece being an answer to Kopitar.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
BadgersandBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I'll put it this way. Now that the LHD hole is filled, we're one piece away from being stupid good...That piece being an answer to Kopitar.
Yea I keep trying to come up with a Kessel-like situation where we get some amazing top 3 pick who becomes our #1 guy. The only guy that might fit that bill is Stewart, but I want to keep Stewart.

I think our big trade chips going into this draft should be:

Steen
Cole
Russell
Rattie
Goalie (Whomever has the most value, probably Allen)
Draft Picks

If we can trade any three of those for a legit #1 C (Not Stats or Thornton please) I'd be ecstatic.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:27 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgersandBlues View Post
Yea I keep trying to come up with a Kessel-like situation where we get some amazing top 3 pick who becomes our #1 guy. The only guy that might fit that bill is Stewart, but I want to keep Stewart.

I think our big trade chips going into this draft should be:

Steen
Cole
Russell
Rattie
Goalie (Whomever has the most value, probably Allen)
Draft Picks

If we can trade any three of those for a legit #1 C (Not Stats or Thornton please) I'd be ecstatic.
well kessel wasn't a top 3 pick, he was 5th I believe, and he wasn't a top line winger yet. and even giving up 3 of those players you're not going to get a player like huberdeau. kessel was traded because Boston brass didn't like him. florida still loves huberdeau. if you're looking for a kessel like deal, kadri from Toronto would be the best example but it may be too late as he finally broke through. Or a risker move may be kunetsov from Washington. Washington wants to win now so they may be selling him. If I remember correctly he and Tarasenko are friends from the junior team so there's a small possibility he would come over earlier for us than for Washington.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Man I wish we could land Backstrom w/o moving anything from the right side of our defense.

Closed Thread