HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Flyers Overhaul

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
  #276
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
Well I'm glad my cable bill goes torwards the Flyers expenses too because I'm certainly not paying for good service.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  #277
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Yeah idk why people think this team is funded out of sniders pocket.

The team is owned by Comcast spectacor, which is a subsidiary of Comcast, which is a corporation that is worth over 40 billion dollars.

I don't think buying out Ilya bryzgalov is going to put any more than a needlepoint in their sails...

Comcast could buy every team in the nhl, buyout all the rosters, and then resign them all at football player salaries...
I realize all of this. My point is that even big corporations such as Comcast do not like the idea of throwing away tens of millions of dollars. That is bad business. Snyder is the guy Comcast has in charge of making these types of decisions. He has authority to sign off on large deals on the company's behalf.

96 is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  #278
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I realize all of this. My point is that even big corporations such as Comcast do not like the idea of throwing away tens of millions of dollars. That is bad business. Snyder is the guy Comcast has in charge of making these types of decisions. He has authority to sign off on large deals on the company's behalf.
I totally see what you're saying, but bryzgalovs contract is chump change to a corporation like Comcast. Sure they don't like to shell out cash like that, if they did they wouldn't be where they are, but considering the fact that a buyout doesn't have to be paid in full right away, as there are payment plans, it renders the situation pretty insignificant for them.

If snider reported back to whoever is the higher up at comcast that he reports to and said "we think its in the best interest of the team to buyout Ilya bryzgalov" I highly doubt the conversation would be any more than a swift rationale followed by a click, at which point, snider would adjust his ascot and then go about his business.

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
  #279
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I realize all of this. My point is that even big corporations such as Comcast do not like the idea of throwing away tens of millions of dollars. That is bad business. Snyder is the guy Comcast has in charge of making these types of decisions. He has authority to sign off on large deals on the company's behalf.
Comcast could care less what the Flyers do as long as the money keeps coming in. They bought the Flyers for the brand name and money that comes along with it not the headaches. As long as the Flyers are still selling out the building every night, they could care less what decisions Snider makes.

Having Bryz playing the way he is at the his price could effect those attendance numbers in two ways. He plays poorly the team suffers and loses or his contract could affect us from bringing in top players to keep the fan base interested. Like the poster above said they can pay it through the years if the want to also.

Ed's been a good earner for them ever since they bought the team I doubt they give him much fuss about what he does with the franchise.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
  #280
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Comcast could care less what the Flyers do as long as the money keeps coming in. They bought the Flyers for the brand name and money that comes along with it not the headaches. As long as the Flyers are still selling out the building every night, they could care less what decisions Snider makes.

Having Bryz playing the way he is at the his price could effect those attendance numbers in two ways. He plays poorly the team suffers and loses or his contract could affect us from bringing in top players to keep the fan base interested. Like the poster above said they can pay it through the years if the want to also.

Ed's been a good earner for them ever since they bought the team I doubt they give him much fuss about what he does with the franchise.
Both are false. Corporate finance simply does not work that way. Income statements, monitoring cash flows, NPV analysis-- it's a science. The corporation cares. I would not want to be in on the meetings wherein Bryz's buyout is discussed-- and how to explain it to shareholders. They have a rationale-- but it sure is an uncomfortable one. Flyers are part of the corporate brand, which is extremely valuable for many reasons. They care what the Flyers do and being a "good earner" is less important in corporate finance than "what have you done for me lately."

That said--Snider has enough clout to take some egg on the face and not miss a beat (if you believe he was the force behind the Bryz signing). He's also a notoriously good guy, which goes far.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
  #281
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Both are false. Corporate finance simply does not work that way. Income statements, monitoring cash flows, NPV analysis-- it's a science. The corporation cares. I would not want to be in on the meetings wherein Bryz's buyout is discussed-- and how to explain it to shareholders. They have a rationale-- but it sure is an uncomfortable one. Flyers are part of the corporate brand, which is extremely valuable for many reasons. They care what the Flyers do and being a "good earner" is less important in corporate finance than "what have you done for me lately."

That said--Snider has enough clout to take some egg on the face and not miss a beat (if you believe he was the force behind the Bryz signing). He's also a notoriously good guy, which goes far.
I stand corrected. I still think if the money's coming in it makes these decisions a little easier than say it would for a team not making money. Like you said though I'm sure they'll have a long conversation over it but when all said and done if Snider wants to buy him out it will more than likely be done. He has something to lose in this too.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 08:33 AM
  #282
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Might as well bump this thread back to the first page.

It is hard to project the overhaul at this point--because there's a major difference between finishing with the 5-7 picks and the 10-12. Picking in the former spot, it is possible that we end up with a BPA who is also nearly NHL-ready (Barkov, Ristolainen?). In the latter slot, it is probably more likely to be a project (Zadorov, Pulock, etc.)

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:41 AM
  #283
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,656
vCash: 500
I thought Ristolainen was supposed to go around 9th or 10th. I think he would be a good fit here with his fellow Finnish defenseman to learn from.

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
04-11-2013, 10:43 AM
  #284
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 500
Right now I'm leaning toward Risto or Nurse given the range of where the Flyers may pick.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 08:54 AM
  #285
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Michael Ryder ($4.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Simon Gagne ($2.500m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.550m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.578m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Kevin Shattenkirk ($7.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($4.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m) ORDINARY
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m) COMPLIANCE
Buyout: Andrej Meszaros ($0.333m) ORDINARY
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m) COMPLIANCE
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m) LITR
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,764,333; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,885,667

Sign Ryder...Offer sheet Shattenkirk...Trade couts for Bernier and
Mez is just 0.333 so they might buy him out
Pronger LITR respect the 10% off season
Briere and Briz Compliance buy out

What do you think?? good enought?? not at all??
Realistic???

My takes:
1st line is a beast...2nd line ok...3rd line above average..4th line so broadstreet bullies...2nd PP would be great with Ryder (sharp shooter)
Solid 1-2-3-4 D (include coburn or grossman)...weaker 5-6-7!!!

So we lost Briere, Bryz, Mez, Knuble, Fed, Couts
And we add Ryder, Bernier, Shattenkirk (dont worry the salary he will replace Timonen in 2014)

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:06 AM
  #286
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Michael Ryder ($4.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Simon Gagne ($2.500m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.550m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.578m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Kevin Shattenkirk ($7.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($4.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m) ORDINARY
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m) COMPLIANCE
Buyout: Andrej Meszaros ($0.333m) ORDINARY
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m) COMPLIANCE
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m) LITR
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,764,333; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $2,885,667

Sign Ryder...Offer sheet Shattenkirk...Trade couts for Bernier and
Mez is just 0.333 so they might buy him out
Pronger LITR respect the 10% off season
Briere and Briz Compliance buy out

What do you think?? good enought?? not at all??
Realistic???

My takes:
1st line is a beast...2nd line ok...3rd line above average..4th line so broadstreet bullies...2nd PP would be great with Ryder (sharp shooter)
Solid 1-2-3-4 D (include coburn or grossman)...weaker 5-6-7!!!

So we lost Briere, Bryz, Mez, Knuble, Fed, Couts
And we add Ryder, Bernier, Shattenkirk (dont worry the salary he will replace Timonen in 2014)
Eh, seems a bit out there. For starters, you've tied up all the money we will need for the following season. Timonen's money goes to Giroux, but what about Matt Read and Schenn?

Shattenkirk isn't worth 7.5. You'd be giving up most of the draft class for the year the Flyer's host and crippling the team long-term with that contract.

Why not keep it simpler? Move Matt Read for Bernier--if you are sold on him as a starter. Perhaps it needs to be tweaked, but most LA fans agreed that t


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-12-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
  #287
Zod
Disappointment Train
 
Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
With a Briere buyout, I'd be interested in trying BSchenn on the first line with G and Voracek, Couturier with Hartnell+Simmonds (Couturier has lost a lot of offensive confidence, but he can still put out some pretty good passes. Moving the puck to those two, or having them chip in his attempts might get him back on track.) Give Laughton a shot with the 3rd and keep Hall on the 4th for faceoffs.

Not terribly likely, but I'd like to see them try it.

Zod is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
  #288
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Buyout Bryz
Buyout Briere

Trade Couturier + 2nd to PHX for Rundblad + 1st
Trade Read to LA for Bernier
Trade Meszaros to ??? For ???

Resign Gagne
Resign Hall

Sign Nathan Horton

Draft: Nurse (6th-8th overall)
Draft: Mantha (10th-12th overall. PHX)

Horton - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - McGinn
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Timonen - Schenn
Rundblad - Grossmann
Gustafsson - Coburn

Bernier
Mason

2014-2015

Horton - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Mantha
Gagne - Laughton - Hartnell
Rinaldo - Hall - McGinn

Rundblad - Schenn
Nurse - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Bernier
Mason

orange is better is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
  #289
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Eh, seems a bit out there. For starters, you've tied up all the money we will need for the following season. Timonen's money goes to Giroux, but what about Matt Read and Schenn?

Shattenkirk isn't worth 7.5. You'd be giving up most of the draft class for the year the Flyer's host and crippling the team long-term with that contract.

Why not keep it simpler? Move Matt Read for Bernier--if you are sold on him as a starter. Perhaps it needs to be tweaked, but most LA fans agreed that t
if Matt Read (maybe + draft pick) is enought to trade for Bernier then lets go with Couts for Yandle sign Ryder (or another good sniper UFA) and recall Laughton.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Michael Ryder ($4.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Scott Laughton ($1.138m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.550m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.578m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($4.500m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Andrej Meszaros ($0.333m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,251,833; BONUSES: $2,562,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $4,610,667

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
  #290
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
I was game for making a move for Bernier before the acquisition of Mason, but I'm not sure if there's room for two young goalies on the roster.

That said, I think the best approach, if we are going to target Bernier, woudl be to send a 1 year, $3.6 million OS to him. He wants to be a starter, and I'm not sure LA is prepared to spend $9 million on a goalie tandem. Probably won't happen, but that's a 2nd round pick in 2014.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:21 AM
  #291
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Buyout Bryz
Buyout Briere

Trade Couturier + 2nd to PHX for Rundblad + 1st
Trade Read to LA for Bernier
Trade Meszaros to ??? For ???

Resign Gagne
Resign Hall

Sign Nathan Horton

Draft: Nurse (6th-8th overall)
Draft: Mantha (10th-12th overall. PHX)

Horton - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - McGinn
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot

Timonen - Schenn
Rundblad - Grossmann
Gustafsson - Coburn

Bernier
Mason

2014-2015

Horton - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Mantha
Gagne - Laughton - Hartnell
Rinaldo - Hall - McGinn

Rundblad - Schenn
Nurse - Coburn
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Bernier
Mason
BTW Mez can be buy out for 0.333$ its worth it...cuz I dont think a team will trade for him.

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:22 AM
  #292
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
BTW Mez can be buy out for 0.333$ its worth it...cuz I dont think a team will trade for him.
...but then you can't buy out one of Briere or Bryzgalov.

When healthy, Mezsaros is a perfectly serviceable #5 defenseman--with spurts of being better. He's signed one more year. You play it out with him, and if he's injured again or doesn't rebound, you let him walk.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-12-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:30 AM
  #293
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
BTW Mez can be buy out for 0.333$ its worth it...cuz I dont think a team will trade for him.
You mean $3,666,667 spread over 2 years and there is no point in doing that. If he's healthy he plays, if he's injured he goes on LTIR.

The two buyouts go to Briere this year, and Bryzgalov this year or next year.

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:37 AM
  #294
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
...but then you can't buy out one of Briere or Bryzgalov.
Why??? its 2 compliance buy out but you can buy out with penalty any other player ??? Im I wrong.

For Bernier if Flyers think they can roll with Mason then go pick another Mason for backup and Bobby Ryan for prospect + read + Draft pick (1st 2014) I Know its high but worth it!!! 7 millions in cap space!!!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Scott Laughton ($1.138m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.550m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.578m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Chris Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
Buyout: Andrej Meszaros ($0.333m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,851,833; BONUSES: $2,562,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $7,010,667

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
  #295
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
This team will need a change going into next season.

-Fire Lavy
-Buy out Briere
-Sign Streit

Those are the three easy moves I would make and go from there. I like Briere more than most on here though his contract needs to go.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
  #296
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
You mean $3,666,667 spread over 2 years and there is no point in doing that. If he's healthy he plays, if he's injured he goes on LTIR.

The two buyouts go to Briere this year, and Bryzgalov this year or next year.
Andrej Meszaros buyout from CapGeek.com

2013-14: $333,333
2014-15: $1,833,333

Its better then having 4 millions cap !!! we already have pronger LITR so with mez in the off season we would be over the 10% cap space allowed

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
  #297
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfromquebec View Post
Why??? its 2 compliance buy out but you can buy out with penalty any other player ??? Im I wrong.

For Bernier if Flyers think they can roll with Mason then go pick another Mason for backup and Bobby Ryan for prospect + read + Draft pick (1st 2014) I Know its high but worth it!!! 7 millions in cap space!!!
Why would the Flyers use an ordinary buyout on Mezsaros? They'd still carry his partial cap hit. It is completely pointless.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:43 AM
  #298
flyersfromquebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Why would the Flyers use an ordinary buyout on Mezsaros? They'd still carry his cap hit. It is completely pointless.
Andrej Meszaros buyout from CapGeek.com

2013-14: $333,333
2014-15: $1,833,333

Its better then having 4 millions cap !!! we already have pronger LITR so with mez in the off season we would be over the 10% cap space allowed

flyersfromquebec is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:45 AM
  #299
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
nevermind.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 04-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 10:53 AM
  #300
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
That's the real money. If you use an ordinary buyout, the full cap hit remains, doesn't it?
Also, why buy him out? When he's healthy, use him as trade bait for maybe like a 3rd rounder or something.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.