HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (HF Hawks meet up)

Old
04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
The Uplift Mofo Party Plan (HF Hawks meet up)

It was talked about a while back in the Anything Goes thread and I was serious about coordinating/hosting this thing.

Game: April 27th Saturday 7:00 PM vs. St. Louis (last game of the season)

Time: Around 3 or 4PM - whenever

Location: Coldsteel's place in Tinley Park, less than a mile off I-80/I-57, with two grills and pool table

Food/Drink: Grill food, burgers and all-beef hot dogs which Coldsteel will provide, drink is BYOB, there will be a massive cooler on the porch with ice to store it, no drinking if you are under 21. Of course, you are more than welcome to bring anything.

I'd like to get as many of the regulars together as possible, so let's see if this proposal goes anywhere or dies on the vine. It's obviously not as appealing an idea if it's just me and a bunch of lurkers, so we'll call it a tentative plan for now until there are some legit RSVPs.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
I'd probably be down for this, as long as everyone promises to behave and not start scrappin' in some hockey argument or difference of opinion. Get's a little heated on here, sometimes!

We can all wear nametags with our usernames on them. haha

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It was talked about a while back in the Anything Goes thread and I was serious about coordinating/hosting this thing.

Game: April 27th Saturday 7:00 PM vs. St. Louis (last game of the season)

Time: Around 3 or 4PM - whenever

Location: Coldsteel's place in Tinley Park, less than a mile off I-80/I-57, with two grills and pool table

Food/Drink: Grill food, burgers and all-beef hot dogs which Coldsteel will provide, drink is BYOB, there will be a massive cooler on the porch with ice to store it, no drinking if you are under 21. Of course, you are more than welcome to bring anything.

I'd like to get as many of the regulars together as possible, so let's see if this proposal goes anywhere or dies on the vine. It's obviously not as appealing an idea if it's just me and a bunch of lurkers, so we'll call it a tentative plan for now until there are some legit RSVPs.
Count me in.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
xX Hot Fuss

You're not going to show us your basement and give us some clear, odorless drink that makes me feel all funny right?

LOL waking up in cold steel's basement in chains...

ME: Where am I!?

CS: Say Bowman is a bad GM and should be fired!

Me: NEVER!

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Sarava

I think im going to the Sox game that day. Would have to check when I get home. Am at work now.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:03 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I'd probably be down for this, as long as everyone promises to behave and not start scrappin' in some hockey argument or difference of opinion. Get's a little heated on here, sometimes!

We can all wear nametags with our usernames on them. haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
You're not going to show us your basement and give us some clear, odorless drink that makes me feel all funny right?

LOL waking up in cold steel's basement in chains...

ME: Where am I!?

CS: Say Bowman is a bad GM and should be fired!

Me: NEVER!
No, I think if we all got together and had a good time, it really wouldn't be anything like the board. Just want to drink some beers, talk Hawks and watch a good game. No negative vibes.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Cullksinikers

It's a cool idea, and I have always said I would consider it, but I only know who a couple people are outside of the board, and that's only through FB. I'd be committing to drive 45 minutes to a place with people around five years older than me at the minimum to hang with people I don't know personally or what they look like.

If I don't go, I hope that's understandable. It's all about taking the plunge, but it would be a strange one to take at first.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Cullksinikers

It'd be a lot more comforting if people were like, "Hey, I'm Rick Johnson. I'm 23 and here's what I look like."

I want to go, but I guess I should be asking CS how he can ensure this won't be a stupid event with a bunch of odd people. I'm sure most people on here are great people in person.

This is a fantastic idea, though, and props to CS for hosting an event like this. I hope as many people join as possible to create as inviting and fun of an atmosphere as possible.

Last edited by Cullksinikers: 04-08-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
It'd be a lot more comforting if people were like, "Hey, I'm Rick Johnson. I'm 23 and here's what I look like."

I want to go, but I guess I should be asking CS how he can ensure this won't be a stupid event with a bunch of odd people. I'm sure most people on here are great people in person.

This is a fantastic idea, though, and props to CS for hosting an event like this. I hope as many people join as possible to create as inviting and fun of an atmosphere as possible.
That's really not a bad idea as far as letting everyone know who you are beforehand. Having to identify yourself by an online handle in real life is always weird.

I'll try and make it out there though, Tinley is just a skip away from Joliet.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I am in if Bubba goes!!

I probably have stumbled drunk down your block and pissed on your lawn before...we be practically neighbors..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
to hang with people I don't know personally or what they look like.

If I don't go, I hope that's understandable. It's all about taking the plunge, but it would be a strange one to take at first.
You're leaving to go to college in 4 months right?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Hell yeah, that's the exciting part. We're probably all thinking the same thing, just gotta dive in.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not opposed to that. I think it is probably a good idea to ease the nerves of some people. We can do that in this thread. I have to admit though, there is some excitement to just seeing who comes to the door, haha.

Quote:
I actually went to something like this many years ago and it was the oddest, weirdest group of people ever. We met at the guys house for awhile and then all went to the game. Needless to say, it was awkward and I kind of had my own fun. The host provided absolutely nothing and was terrible at coordinating it. It was also extremely clicky. It was a joke and the guy who "planned" it out was an even bigger joke and a cheapskate. I would never want anyone else to have that kind of experience and if I see someone sitting to outside bored, I'll make it a point to make sure they are having a good time. All I can promise you, is that you are in the best hands with me and will definitely have a great time. I don't **** around.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:

agreed.

I would hope CS has some guns lying around in case of emergencies......

Old
04-08-2013, 01:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
No, I think if we all got together and had a good time, it really wouldn't be anything like the board. Just want to drink some beers, talk Hawks and watch a good game. No negative vibes.
I give you props for wanting to do this...but wouldnt it be easier on you and less awkward if you did it at a bar?? I know we have crap bars around us, but something on Oak Park avenue would be decent, or hell even Champs in Orland is a solid place..just have everyone wear a Hawks jersey or shirt and anyone walking in will know where to head!!

Old
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Damn, wish I could go. Have fun!

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:38 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
I'll be at school. Le sigh

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I give you props for wanting to do this...but wouldnt it be easier on you and less awkward if you did it at a bar?? I know we have crap bars around us, but something on Oak Park avenue would be decent, or hell even Champs in Orland is a solid place..just have everyone wear a Hawks jersey or shirt and anyone walking in will know where to head!!
Yeah, I mean, that would be conventional but does that sound like me? IMO, watching the game at the bar sucks. Plus, it costs a lot more than just bringing yourself some beer and chucking it in the cooler. I have a big TV with good sound, better seating. I'll have good food, music before and after the game, nobody will get too ****ed up and it'll just be us. It just feels right to me. Maybe I'll feel different afterward but I'm all in on hosting it and think it will turn out great.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I'll be at school. Le sigh
Same

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:55 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Yeah, I mean, that would be conventional but does that sound like me? IMO, watching the game at the bar sucks. Plus, it costs a lot more than just bringing yourself some beer and chucking it in the cooler. I have a big TV with good sound, better seating. I'll have good food, music before and after the game, nobody will get too ****ed up and it'll just be us. It just feels right to me. Maybe I'll feel different afterward but I'm all in on hosting it and think it will turn out great.
makes sense...

is this just for the dudes or can the ladies come as well...for those of us that have girls/wives that do watch the Hawks games as well???

or do we not want our ladies to know that we talk to a bunch of ass clowns online?? hahaha

Old
04-08-2013, 03:56 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Umping a 4:30 game in Mokena so you're pretty much on my way home. I should be able to make it.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
If done right, this would probably be much more fun than going to a bar for the game.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
there's a bunch of bars in old town part of tinley. though sounds like coldsteel is 10-15 min away from me.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 478
I'll have to decline. Spending essentially zilch from now until I buy a place just to be absolutely safe.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
No, I know. I was kidding.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
2nd Coming.

Sounds like a hoot. There's no way I could go, though.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote