HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part **** 3-point games

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Gorges really isn't top pairing. He's a very good second pairing defensive player.

Well, what it means for us is that Montreal gets even smaller and less nasty on the backend. A team with a good forecheck and some big, physical wingers should be able to take advantage of them. They're a good team, but I don't think they're ready to contend just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Emelin is not redundant at all. He consistently gets matched up against the other teams big forwards. That's a big loss.

Exactly my thoughts.
Yep. Exactly my thoughts as well.

So many key players on each playoff team out for the season or unknown(crosby), this is shaping up to be some ride.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Emelin is not redundant at all. He consistently gets matched up against the other teams big forwards. That's a big loss.

Exactly my thoughts.
It's gonna be tougher to forecheck when they have PMD on each defense pairing.

The Devils defense last yr had one physical guy in Volchenkov and one shot blocking expert in Salvador. Greene/Fayne/Harrold/Zidlicky all effectively moved the puck out, neutralizing our forecheck. The Habs have a very similar defense to the Devils, except Subban is playing the best hockey of his career and is a Norris favorite.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Oh well. I'd maybe care if they weren't a bunch of dirty cheapshot artists, but, well, they are. Hope the players heal up and all, but I definitely do not feel bad for the Pens.

Rangers need to take advantage; outside of Pittsburgh, no team in the East really scares me.
Pretty much my thoughts. Never want to see it happen, but should it happen regardless, the Penguins are the last team with which I will sympathize.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

The Devils defense last yr had one physical guy in Volchenkov and one shot blocking expert in Salvador. Greene/Fayne/Harrold/Zidlicky all effectively moved the puck out, neutralizing our forecheck. The Habs have a very similar defense to the Devils, except Subban is playing the best hockey of his career and is a Norris favorite.
I know you love to pump the Devil's tires but their defense is atrocious this year. I'm more worried about their forecheck but luckily all they do is drain the clock it seems.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'm not sympathizing with the Pens. I think it's a shame as a hockey fan when the best teams aren't at full strength. Plus, as a Ranger fan, if the team is going to win, I want to beat the best teams.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'm not sympathizing with the Pens. I think it's a shame as a hockey fan when the best teams aren't at full strength. Plus, as a Ranger fan, if the team is going to win, I want to beat the best teams.
Yup. After an 82 game season of course.

04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
No sympathy for the luckiest franchise in NHL history?

Yeah, gotta beat the best to be the best, its a Marc Andre-cliche but so true.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that you're a closet Penguins fan.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:49 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Emelin is out for the Habs. That's a big blow for them. He adds a lot of physicality to their back-end. ~20 minutes a night with no PP time.

That means one of the following will be playing in the playoffs:
Drewiski
Kaberle
Tinordi
Beaulieu
He's abused our guys every time we've played them

Old
04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
He's abused our guys every time we've played them
Him and Lars Eller.

No sympathy for the PenRefs. None at all.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:09 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Yep. The difference is that Markov and Kaberle can't skate anymore. Both are VERY slow. I was watching a Habs game and the Bruins just kept dumping it into Markov's corner and kept beating him to the puck. Pierre was mentioning it over and over again how they had to insulate him.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:42 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Gorges is akin to their Girardi imo. Very underrated player outside of that fanbase.

I think Emelin is very underrated and was carried by his stud defense partner, Andrei Markov. Raphael Diaz is a nice PMD that did play top minutes with Markov on the PP and will likely fill the void when he returns from injury. But yeah, they definitely did get a lot less meaner.
Exactly my feeling. Gorges and Girardi are very similar. Would love Gorges on this team.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Emptyvoid

Bergeron hurt. Neal and Crosby hurt. Malkin not 100%. Spezza, Karlsson, Michalek out. Ilya Kovalchuk, out. Emelin, out.

People are dropping like flies, they're opening an opportunity for the Rangers. I hope they can take advantage of it.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Shanahan has a video on legal hits and illegal hits

The hit by Celine Dion on Sauer and Neil on Boyle are on the video

Dorsett hit Zidlicky

All of the incidents are from last season

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

Old
04-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Shanahan has a video on legal hits and illegal hits

The hit by Celine Dion on Sauer and Neil on Boyle are on the video

Dorsett hit Zidlicky

All of the incidents are from last season

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video
Celine Dion LOL.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Have the Rangers sent Sauer to Dr. Ted Carrick? The concussion doctor in Atlanta. Rene Bourque saw him in late March. Bourque will be playing tomorrow. Joey Hishon saw him. Crosby.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:28 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Karlsson skated today. I think I read that it was the first time in months

Old
04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Have the Rangers sent Sauer to Dr. Ted Carrick? The concussion doctor in Atlanta. Rene Bourque saw him in late March. Bourque will be playing tomorrow. Joey Hishon saw him. Crosby.
Who knows what is going on between the Rangers and Sauer, it's very concerning if you ask me. Did they not learn from their mistake with Boogaard (RIP)? Dude was basically alienated by the organization, and it turned into disaster. I'd love to have more than just "yearly" updates on Sauer.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Who knows what is going on between the Rangers and Sauer, it's very concerning if you ask me. Did they not learn from their mistake with Boogaard (RIP)? Dude was basically alienated by the organization, and it turned into disaster. I'd love to have more than just "yearly" updates on Sauer.
Never thought of it that way, and now that you mention it, I agree. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes but it'd be nice to have more frequent updates for the sake of the fans.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sauer isn't even around the team. When the Rangers season ended last May,Torts made a comment about seeing Sauer the morning of break up day. That is the last time Sauer was around the team. The media asked Torts about Sauer and John said Sauer isn't even in the conversation.

Quote:
“Unfortunately he’s not even in the conversation,” Coach John Tortorella said when asked about Sauer on Friday, the last day of training camp before Saturday’s opener against Boston.

“I wish I could give you some kind of timetable on when or if he can come back, but I can’t,” Sauer’s agent, Ben Hankinson, said Friday. “Unfortunately it’s still day to day, week to week, month to month.”
Quote:
“Michael’s condition is still very much an up-and-down thing,” Hankinson said. “We’re hoping for the best, but we just don’t know right now.”
http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ill-uncertain/

Old
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Sauer isn't even around the team. When the Rangers season ended last May,Torts made a comment about seeing Sauer the morning of break up day. That is the last time Sauer was around the team. The media asked Torts about Sauer and John said Sauer isn't even in the conversation.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ill-uncertain/
Had no idea Hankinson was Sauer's agent. I've had some (and I mean SOME) e-mail correspondence with him recently, back when McDonagh was hurt. Had I known, I would have asked about Sauer!

Perhaps his silence on the matter could have been even more telling than his words.

Katie Strang is about to have a live chat, I'm going to ask her about Sauer. Assume that we're going to get the "who the **** knows response"

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/47606

Quote:
Katie,Thanks for the chat. I know the situations are quite different, but it concerns me that the Rangers never mention Mike Sauer anymore and his isolation from the team seems almost Boogaard-like (RIP). I know management feels differently, but I believe the fans deserve to have, at least some, status updates on their favorite players. So, any new news on Sauer? Or is it safe to just continue assuming the worst regarding his future playing career?Thanks again.
Quote:
Adam- Understand both your concern and frustration. Both legitimate. Have heard nothing encouraging on Sauer front, which leads me to believe that his playing career is very much in question. Obviously, if that is true, would be pretty heart-breaking for such a talented player with so many years in front of him. Will try to find out more this week....
Status quo...

At least I can say now that I've "talked" to Katie Strang

Last edited by silverfish: 04-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Just curious what you think of the officiating this season? I've seen several games where even announcers are stunned at "ghost" calls and non-calls that are obvious penalties that completely change the course of the game. I thought the 3rd period of the Wings-Blues was an abomination after 2 well-called periods. Zetterberg "roughing" when the Blue held onto his stick like it was a life preserver for a drowning victim and then shoves/facewashes Z when he's talking with the ref with NO additional penalty? c'mon.
Quote:
Believe this was a big concern and issue addressed at GMs' meetings. No one happy with the officiating this year. Can't imagine things get any less contentious once the playoffs begin...
Huh. At least the GM's are aware the refs have been pretty bad

Old
04-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Status quo...

At least I can say now that I've "talked" to Katie Strang
Say you chatted with her. It's more suggestive.

Old
04-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Watching NHL Network right now. Is it just me, or did Bobby Mac lose some weight?

Old
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
Watching NHL Network right now. Is it just me, or did Bobby Mac lose some weight?
His weight fluctuates like Oprah.

Closed Thread