HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Reid Boucher (2011, 99th overall, New Jersey)

Old
04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
RSeen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
In the NHL, he didnt look overwhelmed and averaged over a shot a game despite playing limited minutes and with goons. Sometimes, some players translate better to the pros than others and I dont think expecting him to end up like Steve Downie is unreasonable
He played with Kovalchuk a lot too...

RSeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
richardsequalscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Poor drafting? Oh wait, you're a Rangers fan

Josefson, Larsson, Merrill, Boucher, Fayne, Severson, Henrique, Gelinas, Cormier, Palmieri

Not bad for a team picking in the late 20s every year

Josefson, Gelinas, Cormier and Palmieri are all bad. None of them will ever be a good NHL player. The fact you listed them proves my point. Boucher has to make the NHL. Fayne and Severson are not highly rated prospects. Henrique is a good NHL player. Larsson should be. That's a very poor amount of players the past 8 years. Essentially you have 2 or 3 players over the last 5 to 8 years that are good NHL players. That is poor drafting. Matteau hasn't done anything. He played in the NHL, he was rushed, he stunk. Now he is back in juniors. Of that group Merrill is the most talented not counting Henrique and Larsson. Anybody who knows about Merrill knows he is not coachable and has a severe attitude problem.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Josefson, Gelinas, Cormier and Palmieri are all bad. None of them will ever be a good NHL player. The fact you listed them proves my point. Boucher has to make the NHL. Fayne and Severson are not highly rated prospects. Henrique is a good NHL player. Larsson should be. That's a very poor amount of players the past 8 years. Essentially you have 2 or 3 players over the last 5 to 8 years that are good NHL players. That is poor drafting. Matteau hasn't done anything. He played in the NHL, he was rushed, he stunk. Now he is back in juniors. Of that group Merrill is the most talented not counting Henrique and Larsson. Anybody who knows about Merrill knows he is not coachable and has a severe attitude problem.
Lol @ Josefson being a bad player.

Cormier/Bergfors (who I did not include) were the main pieces to acquire Kovalchuk

Palmieri was an important piece to get Zidlicky

Halischuk landed Arnott

Everything you said about Matteau, I could easily apply to Kreider, so I'm not gonna go there. Matteau has the same amount of points in the NHL as "the next one" and he is 3 years younger. If Kreider doesn't have tremendous luck in the playoffs, no one is talking about him.

Merrill is uncoachable? That's news to me. Are you Red Berenson or Rick Kowalsky? An 18 year old gets in trouble- color me shocked. Seems like he has really turned his life around and has played very well in the AHL so far

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I like how this guy knows 22 and 21 year old players will never be anything in the NHL

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I like how this guy knows 22 and 21 year old players will never be anything in the NHL
No, only Devils prospects of age 22 and 21 will never be anything in the NHL.

Krieder on the other hand..

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:10 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Quote:
Boucher gets a lot of his goals from the slot. The problem with that is NHL teams are exceptional now at taking away those shots. His defensive game is also non existent on most nights. However, considering the severe lack of talent on the Devils roster due to poor drafting over the past 5 to 8 years, he has a legit opportunity to secure a roster spot next fall.
That same severely untalented team beat your rangers in 6 games last season. Our drafting has been fine, we have consistently selected NHL players with our picks. But who needs drafting when you can nab guys like Loktionov for 5th round picks and add undrafted players like Clarkson, Greene, Rafalski, and Madden?

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Josefson, Gelinas, Cormier and Palmieri are all bad. None of them will ever be a good NHL player. The fact you listed them proves my point. Boucher has to make the NHL. Fayne and Severson are not highly rated prospects. Henrique is a good NHL player. Larsson should be. That's a very poor amount of players the past 8 years. Essentially you have 2 or 3 players over the last 5 to 8 years that are good NHL players. That is poor drafting. Matteau hasn't done anything. He played in the NHL, he was rushed, he stunk. Now he is back in juniors. Of that group Merrill is the most talented not counting Henrique and Larsson. Anybody who knows about Meill knows he is not coachable and has a severe attitude problem.
This is one of the single dumbest posts I've ever seen on HF. Bravo sir...

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:34 PM
geoo9

shoots like kovi just lefhanded

geoo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:48 PM
PensFan6687

Merrill not coachable? That's why he stayed for one more year of College vs. turning pro (because he had that option), or the fact Berenson said he has matured a lot this year. Yeah, but he's not coachable. He only represented his country in the WJC as one of the more reliable rearguards, and so what if he had issues in the past. Not like we didn't as teenagers. People seriously need to not hold onto one thing and write a player off based on that one thing. Take a look in the mirror, and see yourself. Take a good look. You have done some questionable things. Would you want people to be stuck on the few dipstick things you did in life or the good you did? There is a reason why Merrill is highly regarded.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
Merrill not coachable? That's why he stayed for one more year of College vs. turning pro (because he had that option), or the fact Berenson said he has matured a lot this year. Yeah, but he's not coachable. He only represented his country in the WJC as one of the more reliable rearguards, and so what if he had issues in the past. Not like we didn't as teenagers. People seriously need to not hold onto one thing and write a player off based on that one thing. Take a look in the mirror, and see yourself. Take a good look. You have done some questionable things. Would you want people to be stuck on the few dipstick things you did in life or the good you did? There is a reason why Merrill is highly regarded.
Seriously. Rumor has it he either got caught smoking weed or was skipping classes. Again, we all did this

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Boucher now has 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 AHL games this season.
Great news, hopefully we see him in full time action as soon as 2014-15, Devils certainly need another shooter.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Devilsfan992

Bump... Boucher has been magnificent in the AHL. He is currently 6th in the AHL in rooking scoring, however two of the players above him are 1990's. The other three are Strome, Kucherov, and Trocheck. He is also 2nd in SOG for rookies, and 6th overall in the AHL. I have not watched any games live so I can not report on any other aspects of the game besides what he puts up on the score sheet, but he is a + player and has been distributing the puck well.

Stats:

Games : 20
Goals : 9
Assists : 8
SOG : 67
+/- +3

Devilsfan992 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
He is still great at finding empty pockets of space and using that lethal shot

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
7 goals and 4 assists in last 10 AHL games with 30 shots at a very young 20 years old. I still think he needs a full season in the AHL to develop but if he starts pushing 4 shots per game I have a hard time believing he will be in the AHL for long with holes in his game or not.

Jason MacIsaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Will make his Devils and NHL debut tonight.

12-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Will make his Devils and NHL debut tonight.
Will probably pot a goal on the PP.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Per morning skate reports, Boucher is skating at LW with Elias and Bernier. He'll wear #15.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Boucher moved to a line with Loktionov and Ryder to start the third period and then picked up his first NHL point, a primary assist, midway through. He also drew a hooking call on the following shift.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

.....and scored in the shootout. Looked really solid.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 01:50 AM
zharkenby

You can tell he's still a bit raw, however it was a very solid debut. Aside from the Ryder goal he assisted on, he also set him up on a 2 on 1 with a great pass. Both shots were legit opportunities. Wouldn't be shocked if he pots his first goal friday, still think he should spend the majority of the year in Albany though.

zharkenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 07:44 AM
CanadienKid25

vCash: 50
Aside from the homerism of the NJ broadcast, he did look solid. Hard worker. You could tell he wasn't always in in sync with his linemates though (nothing specific I can remember) but that can be true of any player.

CanadienKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Boucher and Merrill look to be the next big building blocks of American players that the Devils always seem to find a way to have. Great job kid!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 09:56 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Real impressed by his vision and playmaking abilities. Stylistically he is the mist similar player to Brett Hull that I can recall. Hes got vision, elusive hands, and a bomb of a shot. Love his awareness

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Crabby Williams

This guy looks like he's gonna be a good one. I've never seen him play before that Montreal game, but he was all over the place. Great release, too.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote