HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should the Flyers amnesty?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
  #51
spudnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Serious question, why buy out Bryz next summer, why not this summer? In case Mason falters, WTF is Bryz going to do if Mason blows? Bring more suckness? Seriously that 5.6 million could be used for much more needs this summer. Buy his ass out already!!!

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
  #52
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Serious question, why buy out Bryz next summer, why not this summer? In case Mason falters, WTF is Bryz going to do if Mason blows? Bring more suckness? Seriously that 5.6 million could be used for much more needs this summer. Buy his ass out already!!!
This summer to spend on what? Almost ALL of the good UFAs are signed and even if we kept both Bryz and Mason, and Briere does go elsewhere/bought out, we have a bit of cap space.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
  #53
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,114
vCash: 500
you dont amnesty Briere when he can be moved.

sure it might be hard to find something that works, but in the end he has value..

Bryz simply doesnt at this point. he is the Amnesty target, without question.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:18 PM
  #54
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 50
Briere controls his destiny and destination. How many teams out there want him at a 6.5m cap hit and how many of those would he waive his NTC to go to?

His contract is ideal for teams looking to inflate their cap hit because he only get 5m cash combined the next 2 years. Realistically, we're looking at just NYI, NJ and PHX as trade options. Don't expect much of a return.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:19 PM
  #55
spudnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
This summer to spend on what? Almost ALL of the good UFAs are signed and even if we kept both Bryz and Mason, and Briere does go elsewhere/bought out, we have a bit of cap space.
Does it matter? Leave the 5.6 cap space for an in season trade if need be. It would be poor mismanagement of 5.6 million to keep him around because there is nothing else out there. Seriously there are much much more viable options (who can do exactly the same or better) out there for much much less. We just signed a guy for 1.5 million and has better numbers this season them Bryzaster.

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
  #56
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,846
vCash: 500
I'm sure the Flyers will try to trade Briere before they buy him out. I don't think they'll have much leverage though. The only teams that value you him at his current cap hit are teams with internal caps. Contending teams will probably call the Flyers bluff and wait for the Flyers to buy him out so they can get him at a cheaper cap hit. It's going to be tough to trade him. Add in NTC for Briere and it's gets even harder. A buy-out is more likely this summer.

Snider's not going to give in and admit defeat on Bryz's contract this summer when he has another year to make the decision. The free agent class sucks for goalies and I don't see the Flyers overpaying for Bernier this summer when they have Mason here. The only way I can see them buying-out Bryz this summer is if a guy like Luongo gets bought-out and the Flyers can get a deal done with him. You'll more than likely see Bryz bought-out next summer. I want Bryz out of here as much as the next guy but you have to be realistic here.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
  #57
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Serious question, why buy out Bryz next summer, why not this summer? In case Mason falters, WTF is Bryz going to do if Mason blows? Bring more suckness? Seriously that 5.6 million could be used for much more needs this summer. Buy his ass out already!!!
If Mason is the goalie of the future, the last thing you want to do is throw him to the wolves by handing him the starting job next season. His confidence is fragile at this point in his career, and lets face it, a few bad starts the fans/media will turn on him too. Let him back up Bryz for a year and let Reese work with him, and get his confidence up. Hopefully they can get his career back on track and he can be our goalie for years to come.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
  #58
spudnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
If Mason is the goalie of the future, the last thing you want to do is throw him to the wolves by handing him the starting job next season. His confidence is fragile at this point in his career, and lets face it, a few bad starts the fans/media will turn on him too. Let him back up Bryz for a year and let Reese work with him, and get his confidence up. Hopefully they can get his career back on track and he can be our goalie for years to come.
Maybe but I have ZERO confidence that we can make the playoffs with Bryz as our goalie.

spudnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:58 PM
  #59
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
if we can trade briere

to a team that needs to add to their cap then we need to do so, at the draft sounds pretty fair. if not then amnesty briere. mez like the guy. but he cant stay healthy, a 3rd sounds fair. bryz, he looks great at times, and bad at others. i think the problem with him is he is getting burnt out, no rest in 20 some games. anyone world feel burned out. i think the way to handle mason is try bryz for 50 games, and mason for 32. bryz should be better, and hopefully mason plays solid as well. then decide what to do with bryz and the goaltending situation after next season. hopefully a long long playoff run, sounds good to me.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:35 AM
  #60
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Trading Briere is fine as long as there are no negative value contracts coming to PHI (ie. the Gagne to TBL trade) Otherwise, just amnesty him.

I've always been pro-hobbit, but now it really has started to look like he's done.


Then just let's see how Bryz+Mason tandem works out the next season. Bryz should be amnestied only if Mason is really really capable of the starter job and play 60 games without faltering.
If there's any doubt in Mason's play, just stick with Bryz. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been as bad as you'd think by reading these boards.
If he really poops his pants and even if Mason's not ready for #1 role, then just axe Bryz no question.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:56 AM
  #61
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,003
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnick View Post
Maybe but I have ZERO confidence that we can make the playoffs with Bryz as our goalie.
They made the playoffs last year with almost the exact same team

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:01 AM
  #62
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,049
vCash: 500
I'm done with Bryz. Buh-bye.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:05 AM
  #63
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm sure the Flyers will try to trade Briere before they buy him out. I don't think they'll have much leverage though. The only teams that value you him at his current cap hit are teams with internal caps. Contending teams will probably call the Flyers bluff and wait for the Flyers to buy him out so they can get him at a cheaper cap hit. It's going to be tough to trade him. Add in NTC for Briere and it's gets even harder. A buy-out is more likely this summer.

Snider's not going to give in and admit defeat on Bryz's contract this summer when he has another year to make the decision. The free agent class sucks for goalies and I don't see the Flyers overpaying for Bernier this summer when they have Mason here. The only way I can see them buying-out Bryz this summer is if a guy like Luongo gets bought-out and the Flyers can get a deal done with him. You'll more than likely see Bryz bought-out next summer. I want Bryz out of here as much as the next guy but you have to be realistic here.
I agree with pretty much all of your post. The one little ray of light in the off-season is that it may be more palatable for Brière to move his family when school is out. However, the negative factor is that Brière's value is at the end of a season, so his value arguably would be highest with most of the regular season gone. Unless I'm a team that wants to get to the cap floor without shelling out the equivalent in real money, I'm not thrilled with the skill set Brière showed this season.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
  #64
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,757
vCash: 5888
One thing to keep in mind is that you can't amnesty these guys if they're hurt. If they're going to amnesty Briere, they need to put him in bubble wrap and put him on the shelf.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:27 AM
  #65
Flyers2point0
Registered User
 
Flyers2point0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
This year I would probably just go Briere and save one in the chamber for Bryz the following summer. I think part of his struggles are because he's asked to play so many games, I think spelling him with a veteran backup and keeping him fresh would do a lot of good.

Plus as people have mentioned in other threads, it guarantees holmgren can't blow the cap space we'll need for the RFAs we have after 2014.

I agree with this. In addition I'd move Meszaros in a trade to free up some more cap space. I'd also consider moving Coburn if the price is right (2013 1st+).

Flyers2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:56 AM
  #66
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2point0 View Post
I agree with this. In addition I'd move Meszaros in a trade to free up some more cap space. I'd also consider moving Coburn if the price is right (2013 1st+).
Why do people keep saying this? Unless Coburn is traded for a player of the same skill or better, trading Coburn is one of the worst things this team could do. That 1st round pick would be lucky to even turn into Coburn years down the road. Which means this team will have another hole on the defense for at least a couple years (and that is if that player ever turns into what Coburn is now). These are the UFA defensemen for this coming offseason. Who replaces Coburn on the blueline? There is no one on that list that is better than Coburn, and only a couple that are as good. So you are trading Coburn in hopes that in a couple years the first round pick (presumably a defenseman) is as good as Coburn is now then hoping that you can sign a guy as good as Coburn (maybe Hainsey or 35 year old Mark Streit). Instead you could just keep Coburn and have a solid top four defender rather than hoping to have one in the future. Now, if Coburn was part of a deal to bring in a better player, that is a different story. Just trading him for picks and prospects, however, is bad, bad idea.

Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 32 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Regehr, Robyn » D LAK 32 $4,020,000 2013 (UFA)
Zidlicky, Marek » D NJD 36 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Whitney, Ryan » D EDM 30 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Hamrlik, Roman » D NYR 38 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Scuderi, Rob » D LAK 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Leopold, Jordan » D STL 32 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Lydman, Toni » D ANA 35 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Poti, Tom » D WAS 36 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
White, Ian » D DET 28 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Murray, Douglas » D PIT 33 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Babchuk, Anton » D CGY 28 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Ference, Andrew » D BOS 34 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Aucoin, Adrian » D CLB 39 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Corvo, Joe » D CAR 35 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Rozsival, Michal » D CHI 34 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Pardy, Adam » D BUF 28 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
O'Byrne, Ryan » D TOR 28 $1,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Sutton, Andy » D EDM 38 $1,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Walker, Matt » D PHI 33 $1,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Fistric, Mark » D EDM 26 $1,475,000 2013 (UFA)
Clitsome, Grant » D WIN 27 $1,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Alberts, Andrew » D VAN 31 $1,225,000 2013 (UFA)
Lundin, Mike » D OTT 28 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Hannan, Scott » D SJS 34 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Redden, Wade » D BOS 35 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Bergeron, Marc-Andre » D CAR 32 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Foster, Kurtis » D PHI 31 $950,000 2013 (UFA)
Clark, Brett » D MIN 36 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Mottau, Mike » D TOR 35 $850,000 2013 (UFA)
Wishart, Ty » D NYI 24 $843,413 2013 (UFA)
Summers, Chris » D PHX 25 $803,250 2013 (UFA)
McIver, Nathan » D NYI 28 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Martinek, Radek » D NYI 36 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Landry, Jon » D NYI 29 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Eminger, Steve » D NYR 29 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Huskins, Kent » D PHI 33 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Lilja, Andreas » D PHI 37 $737,500 2013 (UFA)
Sulzer, Alexander » D BUF 28 $725,000 2013 (UFA)
Eaton, Mark » D PIT 35 $725,000 2013 (UFA)
Barker, Cam » D VAN 27 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Yonkman, Nolan » D FLA 32 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Sanguinetti, Bobby » D CAR 25 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Meech, Derek » D WIN 28 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Woywitka, Jeff » D STL 29 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Benoit, Andre » D OTT 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Smaby, Matt » D ANA 28 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Gilroy, Matt » D NYR 28 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Johnson, Aaron » D BOS 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Fortunus, Maxime » D DAL 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Drewiske, Davis » D MTL 28 $616,667 2013 (UFA)
Bagnall, Drew » D MIN 29 $612,500 2013 (UFA)
DeSantis, Jason » D MTL 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Kostka, Mike » D TOR 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Collins, Sean » D NYR 29 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Exelby, Garnet » D BOS 31 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Pyett, Logan » D NYR 24 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Reese, Dylan » D PIT 28 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Strachan, Tyson » D FLA 28 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Hendry, Jordan » D ANA 29 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Sloan, Tyler » D DAL 32 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Mullen, Patrick » D VAN 26 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gysbers, Simon » D TOR 25 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Vandermeer, Jim » D VAN 33 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Pelech, Matt » D SJS 25 $577,500 2013 (UFA)
Biega, Alex » D BUF 25 $577,500 2013 (UFA)
Sullivan, Sean » D COL 29 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Carson, Brett » D CGY 27 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Ford, Scott » D NAS 33 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
St-Denis, Frederic » D MTL 27 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Oberg, Evan » D TBL 25 $560,000 2013 (UFA)
Pock, Thomas » D COL 31 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Stafford, Garrett » D EDM 33 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Moore, Mike » D NAS 28 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Holden, Nick » D CLB 25 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Guenin, Nate » D ANA 30 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Sneep, Carl » D DAL 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Vernace, Mike » D NYR 26 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
McNeill, Patrick » D WAS 26 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Piskula, Joe » D NAS 28 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Leach, Jay » D NJD 33 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Groulx, Danny » D SJS 31 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Corrente, Matt » D NJD 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Bellemore, Brett » D CAR 24 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Harrold, Peter » D NJD 29 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Lovejoy, Ben » D ANA 29 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Benn, Jordie » D DAL 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:03 AM
  #67
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that you can't amnesty these guys if they're hurt. If they're going to amnesty Briere, they need to put him in bubble wrap and put him on the shelf.
What is the actual rule?

Do they have to pass a physical before being bought out, or is it simply about LTIR status?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:29 AM
  #68
Codith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
I would trade Coburn and Mesz if we could land 1-2 of the following


Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Scuderi, Rob » D LAK 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
White, Ian » D DET 28 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
  #69
HighOFFHockey
Registered User
 
HighOFFHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Depends how Bryz, Mason, and Timonen finish the season

If Timonen blows and looks exhausted the rest of the season: Briere and Kimmo

If Bryz blows the rest of the season and Mason looks good: Briere and Bryz

If Mason blows in his few opportunities the rest of the season: Briere and Mez (maybe)

If all 3 are good, stick with Briere and see if Bryz can be dealt for anything. ANYTHING. Then buy out Mez as well.
They would have no resigned Kimmo if there was even a chance that he would get bought out.
Mez has been injured all season, he will not be bought out. Maybe traded at the draft. Still has trade value.
Actually I believe they will try to move everyone instead of buy them out.

Briere is the only player i believe they will buy out, but they will try to trade him first.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
  #70
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 500
Bryzgalov and Briere are the only two viable buy-outs. Neither can realistically be traded at this point--the chance with Briere passed at the deadline--and both carry huge cap hits for multiple seasons.

Mezsaros is fine. If he's hurt next year, he goes on LTIR and they sign a depth replacement in season--and let him walk after the season. If he plays well, you might be able to flip him for a pick in season, or simply ride him until season's end and reevaluate. The space from his cap hit isn't that useful, and signing someone who is a clear upgrade--if such a player is available--complicates things for the year that follows.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
  #71
HighOFFHockey
Registered User
 
HighOFFHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Why do people keep saying this? Unless Coburn is traded for a player of the same skill or better, trading Coburn is one of the worst things this team could do. That 1st round pick would be lucky to even turn into Coburn years down the road. Which means this team will have another hole on the defense for at least a couple years (and that is if that player ever turns into what Coburn is now). These are the UFA defensemen for this coming offseason. Who replaces Coburn on the blueline? There is no one on that list that is better than Coburn, and only a couple that are as good. So you are trading Coburn in hopes that in a couple years the first round pick (presumably a defenseman) is as good as Coburn is now then hoping that you can sign a guy as good as Coburn (maybe Hainsey or 35 year old Mark Streit). Instead you could just keep Coburn and have a solid top four defender rather than hoping to have one in the future. Now, if Coburn was part of a deal to bring in a better player, that is a different story. Just trading him for picks and prospects, however, is bad, bad idea.

Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 32 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Regehr, Robyn » D LAK 32 $4,020,000 2013 (UFA)
Zidlicky, Marek » D NJD 36 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Whitney, Ryan » D EDM 30 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Hamrlik, Roman » D NYR 38 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Scuderi, Rob » D LAK 34 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Leopold, Jordan » D STL 32 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Lydman, Toni » D ANA 35 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Poti, Tom » D WAS 36 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
White, Ian » D DET 28 $2,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Murray, Douglas » D PIT 33 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Babchuk, Anton » D CGY 28 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Ference, Andrew » D BOS 34 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Aucoin, Adrian » D CLB 39 $2,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Corvo, Joe » D CAR 35 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Rozsival, Michal » D CHI 34 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Pardy, Adam » D BUF 28 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
O'Byrne, Ryan » D TOR 28 $1,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Sutton, Andy » D EDM 38 $1,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Walker, Matt » D PHI 33 $1,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Fistric, Mark » D EDM 26 $1,475,000 2013 (UFA)
Clitsome, Grant » D WIN 27 $1,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Alberts, Andrew » D VAN 31 $1,225,000 2013 (UFA)
Lundin, Mike » D OTT 28 $1,150,000 2013 (UFA)
Hannan, Scott » D SJS 34 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Redden, Wade » D BOS 35 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Bergeron, Marc-Andre » D CAR 32 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Foster, Kurtis » D PHI 31 $950,000 2013 (UFA)
Clark, Brett » D MIN 36 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Mottau, Mike » D TOR 35 $850,000 2013 (UFA)
Wishart, Ty » D NYI 24 $843,413 2013 (UFA)
Summers, Chris » D PHX 25 $803,250 2013 (UFA)
McIver, Nathan » D NYI 28 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Martinek, Radek » D NYI 36 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Landry, Jon » D NYI 29 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Eminger, Steve » D NYR 29 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Huskins, Kent » D PHI 33 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Lilja, Andreas » D PHI 37 $737,500 2013 (UFA)
Sulzer, Alexander » D BUF 28 $725,000 2013 (UFA)
Eaton, Mark » D PIT 35 $725,000 2013 (UFA)
Barker, Cam » D VAN 27 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Yonkman, Nolan » D FLA 32 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Sanguinetti, Bobby » D CAR 25 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Meech, Derek » D WIN 28 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Woywitka, Jeff » D STL 29 $700,000 2013 (UFA)
Benoit, Andre » D OTT 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Smaby, Matt » D ANA 28 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Gilroy, Matt » D NYR 28 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Johnson, Aaron » D BOS 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Fortunus, Maxime » D DAL 29 $650,000 2013 (UFA)
Drewiske, Davis » D MTL 28 $616,667 2013 (UFA)
Bagnall, Drew » D MIN 29 $612,500 2013 (UFA)
DeSantis, Jason » D MTL 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Kostka, Mike » D TOR 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Collins, Sean » D NYR 29 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Exelby, Garnet » D BOS 31 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Pyett, Logan » D NYR 24 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Reese, Dylan » D PIT 28 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Strachan, Tyson » D FLA 28 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Hendry, Jordan » D ANA 29 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Sloan, Tyler » D DAL 32 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Mullen, Patrick » D VAN 26 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Gysbers, Simon » D TOR 25 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Vandermeer, Jim » D VAN 33 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Pelech, Matt » D SJS 25 $577,500 2013 (UFA)
Biega, Alex » D BUF 25 $577,500 2013 (UFA)
Sullivan, Sean » D COL 29 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Carson, Brett » D CGY 27 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Ford, Scott » D NAS 33 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
St-Denis, Frederic » D MTL 27 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Oberg, Evan » D TBL 25 $560,000 2013 (UFA)
Pock, Thomas » D COL 31 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Stafford, Garrett » D EDM 33 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Moore, Mike » D NAS 28 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Holden, Nick » D CLB 25 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Guenin, Nate » D ANA 30 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Sneep, Carl » D DAL 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Vernace, Mike » D NYR 26 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
McNeill, Patrick » D WAS 26 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Piskula, Joe » D NAS 28 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Leach, Jay » D NJD 33 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Groulx, Danny » D SJS 31 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Corrente, Matt » D NJD 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Bellemore, Brett » D CAR 24 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Harrold, Peter » D NJD 29 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Lovejoy, Ben » D ANA 29 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Benn, Jordie » D DAL 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
While I do agree with the statement that the free agency pool is nothing special, I expect they will try and move coburn in a package for an offensive D-man. So it would be Coburn + for a player who can provide breakout passes. However, if we get Jones expect everything with this team to change.

Maybe trade Cobrun to move up in the draft. I used to be a big fan, but Coburn just really doesn't have the offensive skillset this team needs and with Schenn and Grossman here, his value to us has gone down even more.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  #72
kammy
Registered User
 
kammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
this works for me....

walker-eminger
alberts-vandermeer
lilja-woywitka
guenin



Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gonchar, Sergei » D OTT 38 $5,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Hainsey, Ron » D WIN 32 $4,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Streit, Mark » D NYI 35 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Regehr, Robyn » D LAK 32 $4,020,000 2013 (UFA) ....

kammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  #73
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,494
vCash: 500
Coburn has been disappointing..he didn't make that next step that was needed since Pronger went down. I think he will most likely gets packaged in the offseason. He still holds good value and is young enough that a change of scenery might help him. He still can play big minutes but we need somebody who can do more than what he's providing.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
  #74
gto64dr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
No question in my mind. You get rid of Bryz. With Briere you have a proven playoff guy when he's healthy. Plus he doesn't have to move. He has all the cards.

Bryz on the other hand has shown nothing in two seasons. To hold on to a goalie that you feel you must play and one that sucks is stupid. Kick him to the curb as soon as possible, he demoralizes the team, he is like cancer. We could pay a lot less for a goalie and get the same results, probably better and have money for better defense. Someone to replace Mez. I like Mez but he is injury prone.

If our defense was healthy using Bryz's money could put us over the top on d using it acquire a top guy.

Not to sure how Mason fits into all this, but he doesn't have to be the one. There really isn't any top goalies available anyway. Maybe it's time to bring up one of our own and live through it.

gto64dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
  #75
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 500
The four guys I look at are Regehr, White, Streit, and Hainsey. Obviously not all 4 but one or two.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.