HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Andy Sutton

Old
04-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
I really liked the big man here, best of luck to him and his family if he decides to hang them up.

04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
nullterm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
The Oilers will now lose their 3rd best dangler after Eberle and Hemsky...
Maybe he can teach Hall how to do it properly.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409981

When I read that article earlier in the year before the season started I was amazed that it was his 12th surgery.

His body must be holding together with thread and hope at this stage. Definitely time to shut it down and live the rest of his life away from constant abuse on the ice.

I agree, he was pretty much a perfect 6th dman... size, toughness and even a little offense thrown in. Opponents definitely had to be aware with Sutton out there on the ice. The Oilers do miss him in the lineup. They have Peckham and Fistric but neither are as good as a healthy Sutton imo.

Fistric IS a decent option though and has been underutilized. I can see them wanting more offense from their dmen which is why Potter has played more... but for all the offense he's contributed, I'd rather have the physicality that Fistric brings to the roster.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Brokenhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409981

When I read that article earlier in the year before the season started I was amazed that it was his 12th surgery.

His body must be holding together with thread and hope at this stage. Definitely time to shut it down and live the rest of his life away from constant abuse on the ice.

I agree, he was pretty much a perfect 6th dman... size, toughness and even a little offense thrown in. Opponents definitely had to be aware with Sutton out there on the ice. The Oilers do miss him in the lineup. They have Peckham and Fistric but neither are as good as a healthy Sutton imo.

Fistric IS a decent option though and has been underutilized. I can see them wanting more offense from their dmen which is why Potter has played more... but for all the offense he's contributed, I'd rather have the physicality that Fistric brings to the roster.
Yup, I think they miss Sutton more than most people realize. Like you said, perfect Number 6 guy and especially on a small non-physical team like the Oilers.

Brokenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Mentallydull

I loved Sutton, I'll be sorry to see him go.

Would've loved to have had him in his younger years so we could keep him for a long time.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote