HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Tool... The Best Concert EVER!!!! WOW

Old
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
The CUBE

vCash: 500
OT: Tool... The Best Concert EVER!!!! WOW

They are emy favorite band and I'm going to see them tonight at the sattledome in Calgary. I really can't wait.

I've never seen them Live and apparently they really kick some but.

Anyone else everseem them live?

What would be the 1 band you would like to see live? Tool is mine, who would yours be?

Last edited by The CUBE: 08-25-2006 at 01:58 AM.
The CUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
What would be the 1 band you would like to see live? Tool is mine, who would yours be?
Rhapsody of Fire!!!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
jo_ab

the pot

jo_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
KBstyle

I saw them last time they came to Montreal and wow, the show was awsome.

Everything was perfect.

Have a good show i'm sure it will be great, I can't wait to see them again

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CUBE View Post
They are emy favorite band and I'm going to see them tonight at the sattledome in Calgary. I really can't wait.

I hate you...
I"m probably The biggest Tool fan that hasn't seen tool yet...

But I have seen Aperfect Circle twice and I have seen Danny Carrey Drum to the song Thomas ...so that was pretty cool.

I'd kill to go to the APC concert on the 28 or something in Toronto... if any rich benevolant kind hearted people willing to buy me some unnatainable tickets and give me a round trip , I"d be forever grateful...

... Oh Give us a review of the Show The Cube...tell us if They played Rosetta stoned or not. I know they are supposed to start it somewhere soon

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I hate you...

But I have seen Aperfect Circle twice and I have seen Danny Carrey Drum to the song Thomas ...so that was pretty cool.

I'd kill to go to the APC concert on the 28 or something in Toronto... if any rich benevolant kind hearted people willing to buy me some unnatainable tickets and give me a round trip , I"d be forever grateful...

... Oh Give us a review of the Show The Cube...tell us if They played Rosetta stoned or not. I know they are supposed to start it somewhere soon
Actually it's the 23rd that they play in Toronto.

I will definately give a review of how it was. Unfor tunately I will not be able to take pictures as they don't allow cameras.... (Got an Idea, borrow a camera phone form work demo pool... I think might be able to, since I work for Telus and I'm an account manager) But as for the review I will defeinately post it.

I'm hoping they play Ticks and Leeches from Lateralus. It my favorite Tool song even though all their albums are excellent.

Old
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
The CUBE

I was able to get a camera phone from the demo pool and I WILL have some pics for you along with the review.

Last edited by The CUBE: 08-24-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old
08-24-2006, 04:27 PM
!nkubus

Quote:

you lucky *******, I missed them in Mtl lol

Who are you to waive your finger...

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post
you lucky *******, I missed them in Mtl lol

Who are you to waive your finger...
Sweet... an Incu-tool... I thought I was the only one...

I love everything incubus beside all their sucky new songs

After Dirk lance left.... I kind of lost interest.

still...

Cube I'll be waiting.

Old
08-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Despite seeing them four times already, I'd definitely say the Get Up Kids.

As for bands that are still active and that I've never seen, though, I'll go with Blackpool Lights.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 01:57 AM
The CUBE

WOW I say WOW I say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

In *****ing credible.....................................

I have to say that that this has been the best concert I have ever benn to in my entire life. INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, these guys have a wild imagination. Imagine, all thier videos they come up with and combine that with loghting ang thier music.

At first I thoug I had bad seats, as I was in seat 25 on row 4 in section 228. Boy was I ever wrong. My seats were better than if you were on the floor. The whole stage was white, except for the drums, guitar pedals and microphones. MAynard was wearing a cowboy hat, (tha the rmoeved and had a mo-hawk underneath) with Bono like dark sunglasses wit a huge cowboy belt buckle. The others were wearing normal clothes. This show was amazing. They had their visuals showing on the score board instead of a wide screen, but here is where my seats were the best in the house, They used the stage as their monitor to show their vidoes and light show. So basicvally I was able to see eveythign form above the way it was almost meant to be seen.

Even if they did not play Ticks and Leeches they did play, Rosetta stoned.

The concert was amazing and watching Danny play the drums was OMFG!!!! WOW

Maynard has this way of moving that is just weird but cool. Put in the CD and listen and that is what you get. The sound quality is CRAZY, the visuals leave you in awe and the clarity WOW.

If ever any of you, even if you don;t know who tool is, get a chance to see the concert, you must go and the next concert you will attend, well let's just say the bar has been set high for future bands. I gotta go to bed, I'm a little tired and have no voice left. I will post the pics tomorrow, couldn;t get very many since I was warned by Security and the pics on a camera phone don't show up so well.

Good Night and again....WOW

Old
08-25-2006, 05:29 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
Sweet... an Incu-tool... I thought I was the only one...

I love everything incubus beside all their sucky new songs

After Dirk lance left.... I kind of lost interest.

still...

Cube I'll be waiting.
Nice I'm glad that we share the same music tastes.. And I feel the same about their new songs , I heard that they are goanna be back to the roots for the new album in October If my memory is good

And BTW The CUBE

I'm jealous I really want to see them but i've always being unlucky . But aftert hat review i'll be sure to not miss the next

Thanks for sharing

Tool is just the best band ever

Last edited by !nkubus: 08-25-2006 at 07:32 AM.
!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 06:49 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Saw them twice and saw A Perfect Circle once. You will be awestruck for sure. So awesome in concert, they usually have pretty elaborate set-ups. First I went to see them, they had acrobats/contortionists on stage doing weird stuff. Best live shows I've been too for sure.

Since I've seen most of my favorite bands in concert, I would like to see Mu330 or Sublime(RIP) or The Clash(RiP) or Streetlight Manifesto.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 06:52 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Despite seeing them four times already, I'd definitely say the Get Up Kids.

As for bands that are still active and that I've never seen, though, I'll go with Blackpool Lights.
Get Up Kids were awesome in concert... wish I could've been at the last a show on the last tour. I would love to go see Blackpool Lights and New Amsterdams.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 09:23 AM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nkubus View Post

Tool is just the best band ever
YES.

Old
08-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Habs13

I saw Tool last time they toured and caught A Pfect Circle too... both were awesome but Meshughah sucked balls... to no suprise. Anyway, have fun!!!!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I would love to see any symphonic metal band live at least once in my life.....Or anything else Rhapsody, Symphony X, Nightwish....Has to be great to see an orchestra with a heavy metal band sharing the stage.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
The n00b King ©*

too bad Tool makes ****** music these days

i suppose too much drugs will do that to you.

i know Renholder wont like what im about to say as we already had an argument about it, but their last album was garbage. Tool fans are kinda like BMW fans, they think that just cuz it's got their logo on it it's gold.

sorry fellaws, maybe the concert was amazing, but their music (through the CD) sure as hell wasnt.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 10:56 AM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post

i know Renholder wont like what im about to say as we already had an argument about it, but their last album was garbage. Tool fans are kinda like BMW fans, they think that just cuz it's got their logo on it it's gold.
sorry fellaws, maybe the concert was amazing, but their music (through the CD) sure as hell wasnt.
Ok, that is your opinion. And that is your right. I will admit the album is not as hard as the other albums. But it is still an excellent album. Juts because they mix it up a bit doesn;t mean it's a bad album. I also think you go a little overboard with the comment bolded above. You are entitled to your opinion and if everyone would like the same thing, life would be pretty boring.

Old
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post
Get Up Kids were awesome in concert... wish I could've been at the last a show on the last tour. I would love to go see Blackpool Lights and New Amsterdams.
I went to Toronto to see them on their last tour. It was the best show I've ever been to, and I got pretty teary eyed towards the end of it.

Did you go see the New Ams in April?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King © View Post

Stirring the pot again ... It's okay, I've come to peace with the fact that you choose to not to listen to tool and aggravate those that do since you think Tool has sold out ...but since you loved Aenima so much, go listen to track number 7 mr OGT.

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert as much as you Did Cube, even though I knew you'd love it to death . I won't miss the next time they come here unless ...well...i'm dead.

Old
08-25-2006, 05:17 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
I hate you...

yo, if Tool comes to Montreal, or some other band comes to Montreal call me. Id love to see them live.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
yo, if Tool comes to Montreal, or some other band comes to Montreal call me. Id love to see them live.

no problem darlin'

Old
08-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Kafka

Best show EVER: M

When he will come back, this Jimmy Hendrix should be seen even by the anglos in montreal: he is too amazing.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2006, 09:13 PM
blindedbyfear

I never liked Tool that much until Aenima came out. Sure, I respected them, and I "got" their message. But come on, they were the band with the animated videos on MTV (I liked their animation better than their music). Lot of factors there. Age (Aenima came out right around my 20th birthday), maturity (ALL i listened to prior to the was Death and Black Metal. As an example, I wasn't a huge Slayer fan (aside from Reign in Blood and South of Heaven because they weren't heavy enough. Look at my avatar if you need an explanation). I didn't think they were subversive enough before Aenima. I still believe I'm right on that.

I like 10,000 Days better than Lateralus by far. Neither are as good as Aenima or Undertow. I don't compare Opiate to any of them. It's from a different time and place. Like looking at an Ultrasound. They're still the best band on the planet. With the possible exception of Opeth.

So, shows I've seen that relate to MJK.

Tool

Fall 1996 - Didn't go to any shows due to other obligations the same weekend (holiday weekend in the States, home with friends who wanted to go to other shows (Pantera in Buffalo, Fear Factory in Albany). Even though I had tickets to both Roseland shows.

02/27/97 - Convention Center - Asbury Park, NJ (direct support from The Melvins and someone else long since forgotten)
07/05/97 - Darien Lake Amphitheatre - Buffalo, NY (Lollapalooza 1997)
07/12/98 - Star Lake Amphitheatre - Pittsburgh, PA (Ozzfest 1998)
07/14/98 - Rubber Bowl - Akron, OH (Ozzfest 1998)
07/15/98 - Wings Stadium - Kalamazoo, MI (non-Ozzfest Off Date - direct support from The Melvins)
07/16/98 - Deer Creek Amphitheatre - Indianapolis, IN (Ozzfest 1998)
07/18/98 - Float Rite Park - Somerset, WI (Combined Ozzfest and Warped Tour Date)
07/19/98 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (Ozzfest 1998)
07/21/98 - Polaris Amphitheatre - Columbus, OH (Ozzfest 1998)
07/22/98 - Sports Arena - Toledo, OH (non-Ozzfest Off Date - direct support from The Melvins)
05/20/01 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY (mini-tour date right around the release of Lateralus)
09/15/01 - CSU Convocation Center - Cleveland, OH (direct support from Meshuggah. 4 days after 9/11 (which is, coincidentally, my birthday. One of the best shows of my life)
10/04/01 - Pepsi Arena - Albany, NY (direct support from Fantomas. One of the more lackluster Tool shows I've seen)
08/21/02 - War Memorial @ OnCenter - Syracuse, NY (40 minutes from my hometown, camped out for tix, 2nd row seats. direct support by Tomahawk)
08/23/02 - HSBC Arena - Buffalo, NY (direct support from Tomahawk)
10/19/02 - Erie Civic Center - Erie, PA (direct support from Meshuggah)
10/24/02 - Broome County Arena - Binghamton, NY (direct support from Meshuggah)
05/XX/06 - Skipped the spring tour due to increasing responsibilities (major project) at work, massive amount of wedding planning, and being a new homeowner.
09/23/06 - Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto, ON (direct support from Isis) - Orchestra Pit Seats. Co/ed bachelor/bachelorette weekend. 3 weeks to the day before my wedding.

A Perfect Circle

04/28/00 - Maple Leaf Gardens - Toronto, ON (as direct support for Nine Inch Nails)
04/29/00 - HSBC Arena - Buffalo, NY (as direct support for Nine Inch Nails)
08/12/00 - Parc Des Iles - Montreal, QC (Summersault 2000)
08/13/00 - Rideau Carleton Raceway - Ottawa, ON (Summersault 2000)
08/19/00 - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY (direct support from Sunna)
08/26/00 - Agora Theatre - Cleveland, OH (direct support from Sunna)
03/12/01 - BF Athletic Center @ ECC - Buffalo, NY (direct support from Snake River Conspiracy)
11/20/03 - War Memorial @ OnCenter - Syracuse, NY (direct support from Year of the Rabbit)

Oh, and my TA name is the same as my name on here if anyone is on that as well.

blindedbyfear is offline   Reply With Quote