HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Old
04-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Tonysil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
congrats springy! survive a few days and you should have erixon, cam, and calvert when your playoffs start and the nhl season ends.
Honestly I'd be surprised to get any of the forwards back. Cam would be the greatest thing in the world but he needs to rest that ankle (hope I'm wrong), Johanson well you guys can keep him and they have already given Matty's jersey away so I'm thinking that they believe he's earned the right to be an NHLer.

Send some help on D, we'd love to get back Prout & Erixon.

If we got 3 of the above I'd guarantee a Cup Finals spot.

Tonysil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:10 PM
JacketsFanWest

Johansen, Prout and Atkinson were all reassigned and recalled from Springy on 4/3. From my understanding, this was a paper move to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs and clear day rosters are no longer being used.

Erixon wasn't included. Neither was Calvert. I'm not sure then that either would be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:20 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Springfield Falcons ‏@TheFalconsAHL 7m

The Springfield Falcons are the 2013 Northeast Division champions! #ItsOurTime

Congrats Springfield

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Congrats Springfield
Good for Springfield, congratulations.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Congrats to the Falcons!

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
stickguy

Quote:

Congrats Springfield
Great week-end for the Falcons and especially Collins, Machacek and Holden (baffling how he has not been called up to CBJ over other d-men... tied for 6th in D-scoring and tied for 2nd for top plus/minus in the league).

stickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Good Sat and Sun for the Falcons. Friday I would like to forget.

As for why Holden has not been called up...I think management does not see him as an NHL guy. It's a shame that he will be...on another NHL team. Great d-man and awesome guy off ice.

Parlett was interesting to watch this weekend, he says he brings a physical game, I see the opposite from my experience watching him in CT and his limited time here. I am hoping he can play defense and i'll be happy.

As for the Calvert and the playoffs situation. Calvert may have reached the GP limit for waiver eligibility. That is my first thought. He has earned his place in Columbus, so I did not expect him here.

AHL trade deadline is Wednesday. I would not be shocked if Amadio is moved. Larsen will not play him and get something for him if you can.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Good Sat and Sun for the Falcons. Friday I would like to forget.

As for why Holden has not been called up...I think management does not see him as an NHL guy. It's a shame that he will be...on another NHL team. Great d-man and awesome guy off ice.

Parlett was interesting to watch this weekend, he says he brings a physical game, I see the opposite from my experience watching him in CT and his limited time here. I am hoping he can play defense and i'll be happy.

As for the Calvert and the playoffs situation. Calvert may have reached the GP limit for waiver eligibility. That is my first thought. He has earned his place in Columbus, so I did not expect him here.

AHL trade deadline is Wednesday. I would not be shocked if Amadio is moved. Larsen will not play him and get something for him if you can.
I believe he is a RFA so we have his rights. The reason he hasn't been recalled over say Goloubef is we need more righties, too many lefties.

Old
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
I believe he is a RFA so we have his rights. The reason he hasn't been recalled over say Goloubef is we need more righties, too many lefties.
While that does play to some extent, I've always believed that the best players should be in the lineup, regardless of which hand they shoot with. Just my personal opinion ... I think the bigger picture is key here, with guys like Goloubef and Erixon being younger, higher upside options. It makes (some) sense for the franchise to put more stock into those players than, say, Holden, who is a bottom-3 guy in the NHL, regardless of any further development.

Holden may be a prime trade piece this offseason. Guys like Mike Kostka and Kevin Bieksa have developed in much the same fashion, and he could still have a bright career ahead of him.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:06 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
While that does play to some extent, I've always believed that the best players should be in the lineup, regardless of which hand they shoot with. Just my personal opinion ... I think the bigger picture is key here, with guys like Goloubef and Erixon being younger, higher upside options. It makes (some) sense for the franchise to put more stock into those players than, say, Holden, who is a bottom-3 guy in the NHL, regardless of any further development.

Holden may be a prime trade piece this offseason. Guys like Mike Kostka and Kevin Bieksa have developed in much the same fashion, and he could still have a bright career ahead of him.
I hope we'd keep Holden up as the 7th dman next year.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
major major

Quote:
Capgeek says Holden is a UFA this summer. If he wants to play in the NHL, he won't stay in this organization.

But I'd play him over Wiz for the rest of the season.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:39 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I think the bigger picture is key here, with guys like Goloubef and Erixon being younger, higher upside options. .
I would agree with you on Erixon and especially his offensive upside, and while Goloubef is a couple years younger, I don't think he has shown anything to suggest a higher upside (offensively or defensively) with his play in both AHL or with CBJ.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickguy View Post
I would agree with you on Erixon and especially his offensive upside, and while Goloubef is a couple years younger, I don't think he has shown anything to suggest a higher upside (offensively or defensively) with his play in both AHL or with CBJ.
Fair enough.

I'm a big fan of Holden, for what it's worth. He was dominant in the Western Hockey League, and always a class act. I really hope that if he doesn't make it with our franchise, he does make it somewhere else.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:24 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

One banner earned, two to go.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 7m
"Boone Jenner is going to @TheFalconsAHL tomorrow." - John Davidson at the STH Appreciation Event!

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
stickguy

Falcons win 2 out of 3 games this week-end and today presented the 2012/13 Falcons team awards:
Most Valuable Player - Curtis McElhinney
Forward of the Year - Nick Drazenovic
Defensive Player - Nick Holden
Good Guy Award - Nick Holden
Player's Player - Ryan Craig
True Grit - Andrew Joudrey
Unsung Hero - Ryan Russell
Diamond in the Rough - Sean Collins
Good Sportsmanship - Jake Hansen

Old
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickguy View Post
Falcons win 2 out of 3 games this week-end and today presented the 2012/13 Falcons team awards:
Most Valuable Player - Curtis McElhinney
Forward of the Year - Nick Drazenovic
Defensive Player - Nick Holden
Good Guy Award - Nick Holden
Player's Player - Ryan Craig
True Grit - Andrew Joudrey
Unsung Hero - Ryan Russell
Diamond in the Rough - Sean Collins
Good Sportsmanship - Jake Hansen
Translation: eff you JAM.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Translation: eff you JAM.
And what award from those listed would you have given him? He was named to the league all-star team along with McElhinney

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
And what award from those listed would you have given him? He was named to the league all-star team along with McElhinney
The guy whose named first team AHL All-Star can't get Best Forward on his own team. This screams fanboy balloting to me (meaning voted on by the fans). I could see where someone might get miffed about that type of snub.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
The guy whose named first team AHL All-Star can't get Best Forward on his own team. This screams fanboy balloting to me (meaning voted on by the fans). I could see where someone might get miffed about that type of snub.
Depends, I guess, on your definition of "Best Forward". JAM put up more points, but Nick Drazenovic was a better all-around. Drazenovic was the more frequent call up, from a strictly CBJ point of view. JAM is a wing and Draz is a center.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Tonysil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Wow, now here's some total ignorance. You are clearly the fanboy here. You clearly have never seen either of them play so I don't know where to begin.

Let's start with the fact that the only fan vote out of all those awards was the one that Collins won. As a matter of fact JAM is the most popular player on the team along with Mac. Like a previous poster had said that CBJ called up Drazzy more than they have JAM and have played him in more games. I don't want to hear the positional argument since both players can play both positions.

If points is your only argument then you are correct JAM wins ppg by 0.05%. Draz is so much better defensively and JAM takes too many stupid penalties to count. Nick is a leader on this team, when he missed time it showed in the teams play. Jon is currently very immature and that's where the biggest change in his game needs to come.

So get a clue next time you want to bash another teams fans.

Old
04-15-2013, 05:48 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysil View Post
Wow, now here's some total ignorance. You are clearly the fanboy here. You clearly have never seen either of them play so I don't know where to begin.

Let's start with the fact that the only fan vote out of all those awards was the one that Collins won. As a matter of fact JAM is the most popular player on the team along with Mac. Like a previous poster had said that CBJ called up Drazzy more than they have JAM and have played him in more games. I don't want to hear the positional argument since both players can play both positions.

If points is your only argument then you are correct JAM wins ppg by 0.05%. Draz is so much better defensively and JAM takes too many stupid penalties to count. Nick is a leader on this team, when he missed time it showed in the teams play. Jon is currently very immature and that's where the biggest change in his game needs to come.

So get a clue next time you want to bash another teams fans.
Appeciate your insight, but one minor quibble: Springfield is not "another team," it's our team, too. We have great interest in the personnel there and are strongly invested in their success and development. No need for you to get all huffy about a question raised about team awards, your explanation was clear enough.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Tonysil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Appeciate your insight, but one minor quibble: Springfield is not "another team," it's our team, too. We have great interest in the personnel there and are strongly invested in their success and development. No need for you to get all huffy about a question raised about team awards, your explanation was clear enough.
I understand that you guys are our parent team but when he was talking about "fanboy balloting" he wasn't talking about anyone in Columbus.

It's been a very bad day here in MA and to see this guy basically call out Falcons fans as uneducated hockey fans is offensive. We hate to see our guys leave when they get called up but we are very happy for them at the same time. Many of us even have the Center Ice package to watch some CBJ games.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysil View Post
I understand that you guys are our parent team but when he was talking about "fanboy balloting" he wasn't talking about anyone in Columbus.

It's been a very bad day here in MA and to see this guy basically call out Falcons fans as uneducated hockey fans is offensive. We hate to see our guys leave when they get called up but we are very happy for them at the same time. Many of us even have the Center Ice package to watch some CBJ games.
It's cool, man. Just a difference of opinion. I think it speaks volumes that Draz was called up before JAM. And gratz on a great season, and go Falcons in the play-offs!

We are all heart broken about what happened in Boston. Nothing but love for everyone affected by this barbaric act.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Crede777
Deputized

If JAM gets all huffy about the team not voting him something after the league itself recognizes him (and I'm sure the fans do too)... then he has problems. I'm almost sure that the only thing he cares about in terms of the organization recognizing his success is how it translates to his contract/status. If he gets a higher salary and more consideration at the NHL level then he's probably thrilled.

FWIW - Go Falcons!

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote