HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Mad Men Season 6

Old
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Why would someone upload an incomplete version? That is ******, haha.
Because they are desperate to beat everyone else in the "scene".

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 08:29 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

A bit soap-y for my tastes, dunno why Don would **** where he lives, eats and breathes.

Aside from that, I liked the urchins giving Betty 'tude, it's a culture and a worldview that our generation has very little understanding of. Roger seems very interesting. I wonder how this season will grow, Matthew Weiner isn't the kind to telegraph his intentions directly.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
A bit soap-y for my tastes, dunno why Don would **** where he lives, eats and breathes.

Aside from that, I liked the urchins giving Betty 'tude, it's a culture and a worldview that our generation has very little understanding of. Roger seems very interesting. I wonder how this season will grow, Matthew Weiner isn't the kind to telegraph his intentions directly.
Care to expand on that comment?

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 11:53 PM
invictus

I'm also surprised nobody mentioned Betty's nutty scene telling Henry to go **** Sally's friend, haha. Betty is so crazy.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
I'm also surprised nobody mentioned Betty's nutty scene telling Henry to go **** Sally's friend, haha. Betty is so crazy.
My jaw dropped. WTF was that?

Not digging Pete's sideburns.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Bowie
Rusholme Ruffians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
My jaw dropped. WTF was that?

Not digging Pete's sideburns.
Yeah all the facial hair was quite surprising, forgot his name but that one creative guy needs a shave

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Yeah all the facial hair was quite surprising, forgot his name but that one creative guy needs a shave
Nah the beard suits him - that guy is too cool.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

Quote:
That was hilarious, easily one of my favourite scenes in the episode. I love a chick that can make jokes like that.

The episode was great, though I still have to find the last 7 mins from somewhere...

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doig View Post
I have a question because I just watched the show, but after reading reviews of the première I must have missed something:

Spoil:
When did Don cheat of Megan? The episode I watched (86 minutes) didn't show him having any sort of affair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
the episode was 93 minutes, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doig View Post
Oh okay. All the links I watched from must have cut out the remaining 7 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
That was hilarious, easily one of my favourite scenes in the episode. I love a chick that can make jokes like that.

The episode was great, though I still have to find the last 7 mins from somewhere...
Yeah, there was a faulty version uploaded first. The real version with the words "PROPER" and "EVOLVE" is the complete episode (2,57 gigs in size).

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Not surprised Don found a side dish, though his selection and the reveal of the extended affair was a little unexpected, though very believable. Pretty good season opener.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Any one else think Pete looks extra douchey those sideburns?

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

God I love Alison Brie.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Pete is still a giant knob. I hope the show creators make him suffer somehow.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 02:08 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Maybe its just more, but I want to see more scenes involving SCDP rather than the outside stuff.

Pete's wife putting her foot down was awesome. Just what the little nugget deserved.

Overall, pretty good.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:35 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

It's funny, I hate Pete Campbell (obviously) yet I'm applying to jobs and all I *really* want to do is work as an Accounts guy in an ad agency.

If I land a gig like that, I'm going to be the opposite of Pete

This show is really adding a lot of depth little by little. Some more back story coming in on Dick Whitman's childhood as well is always great to see.

Some interesting stuff going on with Heinz, and I loved the way Don threw the Jaguar guys idea right back in his face. Classic Don, right there.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:40 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Don just has a huge pair.

To come back from cheating on his wife......to find out she had a miscarriage and then to make HER feel guilty by saying she should have told him she was pregnant.

Jesus. What a pair. How can he even walk down the street?

04-15-2013, 02:26 PM
invictus

I liked the parallels of Don and Peter both keeping it in the neighborhood.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Kitten Mittons

Don is too smooth. Damn.

I am a little confused by the flashbacks. Is this after Don's father died? His non-prostitute mother went to live in a ***** house? And was pregnant with his brother?

Old
04-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

Mind = blown

http://i.imgur.com/Ng7Y7TL.jpg

Old
04-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Pretty darn happy that Trudy finally threw Pete out on his ass. Alison Brie rocks that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Don just has a huge pair.

To come back from cheating on his wife......to find out she had a miscarriage and then to make HER feel guilty by saying she should have told him she was pregnant.

Jesus. What a pair. How can he even walk down the street?
Not really that hard in the 1960's.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Habsfunk

Gotta love Harry with his early-60s Beatles haircut in 1968.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
invictus

Harry cracks me up. I have to say, though, I would've fought to keep that secretary myself

Old
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Wow what a FANTASTIC episode. That was really great, all around.

Forgive my ignorance, it was obvious to me that SCDP didn't get the Heinz deal, but it wasn't obvious to me if Peggy's firm got it. I heard Ted say "bought it in the room" figuring he gave Peggy the deal outright and on the spot, but from the way Ted and Peggy were acting it was as if Heinz decided not to go with either pitch. I'm pretty sure Peggy got it, I just want to make it a fact rather than my speculation on clues given through the end of the episode.

Everything with Joan was top notch too. On the outside she is such a professional woman to others, an icon as a female partner at an ad agency. On the inside, she knows what she is, how she is perceived by others in the company (at least everyone but Don), and what she really did to get where she was.

I also enjoyed the bit of character building on Dawn. I think she is earning Joan's trust.

And, as a poster pointed out from a previous episode, nothing like watching Don make Megan feel like ****, and then go and do what he does. Unbelievable.

Really enjoyed that hour of television.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:15 AM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Wow what a FANTASTIC episode. That was really great, all around.

Forgive my ignorance, it was obvious to me that SCDP didn't get the Heinz deal, but it wasn't obvious to me if Peggy's firm got it. I heard Ted say "bought it in the room" figuring he gave Peggy the deal outright and on the spot, but from the way Ted and Peggy were acting it was as if Heinz decided not to go with either pitch. I'm pretty sure Peggy got it, I just want to make it a fact rather than my speculation on clues given through the end of the episode.

Everything with Joan was top notch too. On the outside she is such a professional woman to others, an icon as a female partner at an ad agency. On the inside, she knows what she is, how she is perceived by others in the company (at least everyone but Don), and what she really did to get where she was.

I also enjoyed the bit of character building on Dawn. I think she is earning Joan's trust.

And, as a poster pointed out from a previous episode, nothing like watching Don make Megan feel like ****, and then go and do what he does. Unbelievable.

Really enjoyed that hour of television.
I feel so bad for Joan. Yeah, she whored herself out to get that position, but there was no way in hell she was going to get that far any other way. She basically runs that place and no one acknowledges it. I was wondering how long it was going to be until someone said something to/about her. I didn't expect it to involve Harry.

Pete is so hateable. I love that he gets punched in the face a lot. I was also really glad (older episode) when his wife ripped him apart about his affair w/ the neighbor.

ToddRundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I feel so bad for Joan. Yeah, she whored herself out to get that position, but there was no way in hell she was going to get that far any other way. She basically runs that place and no one acknowledges it. I was wondering how long it was going to be until someone said something to/about her. I didn't expect it to involve Harry.

Pete is so hateable. I love that he gets punched in the face a lot. I was also really glad (older episode) when his wife ripped him apart about his affair w/ the neighbor.
Right? That outburst from Harry was so out-of-character and in-character all at the same time. It's scenes like that which make this show as genius as it is.

Ken Cosgrove and Harry Crane have certainly turned a new leaf this season in terms of how they perceive themselves in the company, and their inner-voice wanting to be heard.

Back on Joan, I think it meant a lot to her when Dawn said she doesn't care if everyone in the office hates her, she just wants Joan to like her. Small recognition can go a long way