HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatars?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 01:03 AM
  #101
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Not sure I'd want to sport something that has Clode's face on it.
I'm not taking the bait on this one.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:10 AM
  #102
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Here's a good one :

Tea Party ?



Real Patriots



PS we can all use the Patriots as a Politically Correct Image. Québec and Ontario (back then the only two provinces of Canada; Lower and Upper Canada) united in arms against you know who. It was for Canadian democracy against the British (and the 12345678910 Queen that you guys keep on posting --her face-- on all our GDTs... I'm about to post images of René Lévesque when you do...)

If you don't believe me read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellions_of_1837


Last edited by FF de Mars: 04-09-2013 at 05:44 AM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:39 AM
  #103
habsman56
Habs&Hoops
 
habsman56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Just threw 2 quick ideas together, willing to listen to suggestions. If you think of something I should fix, or if you have an avatar idea you want me to throw together, let me know.

First, more of a fun option:



And then, a more serious option:



EDIT: Is the first one working for everybody? It's staying on one slide for me.


Last edited by habsman56: 04-09-2013 at 05:44 AM.
habsman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:47 AM
  #104
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,903
vCash: 500
Game of thrones theme is great, and artwork done is awesome.

Only thing is, why should we have B pictures if we're not facing them in the first round anyway ?


I'd say, Game of thrones with
1. our own players in it
or
2. Have it based on the opponents we'll face (would require lots of work though, changing it 4 times for the 4 rounds :/)

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:57 AM
  #105
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Game of thrones theme is great, and artwork done is awesome.

Only thing is, why should we have B pictures if we're not facing them in the first round anyway ?


I'd say, Game of thrones with
1. our own players in it
or
2. Have it based on the opponents we'll face (would require lots of work though, changing it 4 times for the 4 rounds :/)
The Game of thrones theme is great for the Ottawa Senators though, first and foremost, no offense.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:06 AM
  #106
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
The Game of thrones theme is great for the Ottawa Senators though, first and foremost, no offense.
GOT theme can fit pretty much every team IMO as long as the right slogan, house and whatnot is chosen.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:10 AM
  #107
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
GOT theme can fit pretty much every team IMO as long as the right slogan, house and whatnot is chosen.
What about Dexter ? I mean I love GOT too, the dwarf is the best, just shooting ideas.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:54 AM
  #108
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
The Game of thrones theme is great for the Ottawa Senators though, first and foremost, no offense.
the sens are spartans



ottawa watching too much wrestling?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:14 AM
  #109
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Here's the teaser I promised.

All image work done by Moen in Glory. So give him some applause for this.

Love it, guys!

Mind if I join the party?





Last edited by Bloumeister: 04-11-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: ****ed with my photobucket acccount
Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:16 AM
  #110
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,058
vCash: 500
Love the idea. Good job MiG! I don't think it matters if we face the Bruins or not with this theme. It's a well known/documented fact that this is a very strong rivalry and that both sides hate each other. We're just poking fun at the bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
we should brainstorm a list of excuses so that as many as poster as possible can have different avatars.
The obvious ones for starters: the diving, the embellishment, the whining, the coach, everything Chara, the bad ice, old 911 jokes, old O'Byrne jokes, old Ribeiro jokes, one word: suckerpunch!, can't take a legal hit without retaliating, Jack Edwards, their radio guys, the crowd, glorifying fights, excuses, everybody else dives (not them), neanderthals, everything Lucic, U-S-A!, ...

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  #111
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Not sure I'd want to sport something that has Clode's face on it.
Agreed. It's a really nice work, but I think our avies should be more about our team, not Boston.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:38 AM
  #112
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsman56 View Post
Just threw 2 quick ideas together, willing to listen to suggestions. If you think of something I should fix, or if you have an avatar idea you want me to throw together, let me know.

First, more of a fun option:



And then, a more serious option:



EDIT: Is the first one working for everybody? It's staying on one slide for me.
Those are great!

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:46 AM
  #113
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
Love the idea. Good job MiG! I don't think it matters if we face the Bruins or not with this theme. It's a well known/documented fact that this is a very strong rivalry and that both sides hate each other. We're just poking fun at the bears.
Thanks roy! Overlords has to be credited for the whole original concept. I'm not a GOT expert at all (*boo-this-man.gif*, I know )

I think the theme works even if we're not facing the Bs, we can use Tortorella, Stock, etc, as whining material. There's even whining from "our" side (Gaston Therrien anyone?)


Quote:
The obvious ones for starters: the diving, the embellishment, the whining, the coach, everything Chara, the bad ice, old 911 jokes, old O'Byrne jokes, old Ribeiro jokes, one word: suckerpunch!, can't take a legal hit without retaliating, Jack Edwards, their radio guys, the crowd, glorifying fights, excuses, everybody else dives (not them), neanderthals, everything Lucic, U-S-A!, ...
There you go, plenty of ideas ready to be used

Edit:
Oh, and for those who don't feel like having Clode on their playoffs avatars: Admit it, the man looks decent with his badass furcoat and toupet


Last edited by Moen is Gone: 04-09-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Moen is Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:54 AM
  #114
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
I call Laviolette with Typical Montreal Bias!!!

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:06 AM
  #115
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
I call Laviolette with Typical Montreal Bias!!!
Especially with the Bruins powerplay against Larry Eller on a non-penalty within the last minute of the game, saturday... typical "MTL"... And what about David Krejci shedding tears about the quality of the ice... Bruins fans proudly claimed to be criminals on their GDT before the game... I guess every bad boy cries to his mama sometimes, as the song says...


Last edited by FF de Mars: 04-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 AM
  #116
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Thanks roy! Overlords has to be credited for the whole original concept. I'm not a GOT expert at all (*boo-this-man.gif*, I know )

I think the theme works even if we're not facing the Bs, we can use Tortorella, Stock, etc, as whining material. There's even whining from "our" side (Gaston Therrien anyone?)
It doesn't need to have Julien on every avatar. For the concept to work, though, the avatars should work like this:

Frame 1: Game Of Thrones with something Cup related
(the same 'generic' pic for every avatar; could be 'GOT 2013' with a Habs logo made of steel)

Frame 2: House Montréal "Whining Is Coming'
(with the amazing castle/Bell Centre mashup you made)

Frame 3: a picture of Habs player or adversary
(could be Julien, DD Imp, etc; photoshopped or not)

Frame 4: the actual 'whine' quote with the Kleenex/dagger (edit)
(dive, embellish, 9-1-1, can't fight, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
The obvious ones for starters: the diving, the embellishment, the whining, the coach, everything Chara, the bad ice, old 911 jokes, old O'Byrne jokes, old Ribeiro jokes, one word: suckerpunch!, can't take a legal hit without retaliating, Jack Edwards, their radio guys, the crowd, glorifying fights, excuses, everybody else dives (not them), neanderthals, everything Lucic, U-S-A!


There you go, plenty of ideas ready to be used
Unlimited tapping potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Edit:
Oh, and for those who don't feel like having Clode on their playoffs avatars: Admit it, the man looks decent with his badass furcoat and toupet
You're right... but not as good as this guy as Khal Drogo:





Last edited by Bloumeister: 04-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:39 AM
  #117
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Back on topic to praising MiG, please.



Am I the only one who thinks something is off? Like the red colour in the House Montreal frame, or the font or something.... I don't know, I feel like something's missing.....

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
  #118
StellerEller
DeadliestSekac
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oshawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,522
vCash: 351
Ok if we do GOT I officially claim an avatar with chara that says "the mountain that dives"

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
  #119
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Am I the only one who thinks something is off? Like the red colour in the House Montreal frame, or the font or something.... I don't know, I feel like something's missing.....
I think the idea is great, but the concept needs to be worked on. Have you read my suggestions?

You're right about the lack of 'pizzazz' caused by the colors.

I made a suggestion about the Habs steel pin a few posts up. How cool would the Habs logo look 'mashed' with this?



(working on it)

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
  #120
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
I think the idea is great, but the concept needs to be worked on. Have you read my suggestions?

You're right about the lack of 'pizzazz' caused by the colors.

I made a suggestion about the Habs steel pin a few posts up. How cool would the Habs logo look 'mashed' with this?



(working on it)
That would indeed be awesome.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  #121
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
That would indeed be awesome.
Looking at pics of pins, chains - and Stanley Cup rings - to see if anything fits

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
  #122
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Looking at pics of pins, chains - and Stanley Cup rings - to see if anything fits
Look for cufflinks.

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:57 AM
  #123
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Look for cufflinks.
Already did - and found

Tx!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:59 AM
  #124
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Looking at pics of pins, chains - and Stanley Cup rings - to see if anything fits
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LogoArt-NHL-1...-/360458241956

?

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
  #125
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
There you go, plenty of ideas ready to be used
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Unlimited tapping potential
After seeing that crappy 'news article' thread on the board for 24+ hours now , I can't help but think:

DREWISKE

BERGEVIN DROPPED THE BALL


Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.