HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yes, and it was lovely.

I did notice tonight that when the puck is near Stolarz' feet, he really struggles with it. I don't know if that's a result of his size (he's freakin' HUGE in the net) or a confidence thing.
Yeah it looks like Kitchner finally got their PP going tonight.

I know he struggles with handling rebounds and handling the puck in general. He's pretty raw and still learing the game. He played in the NAHL which is Tier II in the US last year. So he's playing his first year at high level hockey.

Old
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Yeah, I know he's "only" 6'3", but he looks like Pekka Rinne or Lindback in there.
He's 6"5

Old
04-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
He's 6"5
Then that would explain it.

Old
04-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Curufinwe

Article about Bourdon's struggle with concussion symptoms.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ng_career.html

Old
04-09-2013, 07:36 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Article about Bourdon's struggle with concussion symptoms.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ng_career.html
bourdon isnt a nhl top 6 man anyway. sucks he is having problems but this isnt any big loss by any means. cup of coffee type dman at best imo

Old
04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticket View Post
bourdon isnt a nhl top 6 man anyway. sucks he is having problems but this isnt any big loss by any means. cup of coffee type dman at best imo
disagree

when he was healthy, he was a serviceable bottom pairing defenseman

Old
04-09-2013, 09:11 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
disagree

A serviceable bottom pairing defenseman on a bad d-core maybe... Which, I guess, is why he was in that position here.

I wish the guy all the best. What he's going through is probably really scary and I hope he can just live a normal happy life.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
I agree. In addition, he still had some maturing and experience to gain that would have helped his game. He could have been a bottom pairing guy in the league for a respectable amount of time. Possibly more (you never truly know) -- but minimally could have had a bottom pairing NHL career.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Seems like they like Alt already. He is practicing on the 1st pairing with Syvret. Obviously might be because Manning is injured but good to see them going to make him play some big minutes.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Seems like they like Alt already. He is practicing on the 1st pairing with Syvret. Obviously might be because Manning is injured but good to see them going to make him play some big minutes.
He's the only real d prospect playing down there right now so should be getting top minutes. Manning and bourdon are injured, Gus and Lauridsen are with the big club. Kessel doesn't have an NHL future

Old
04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's the only real d prospect playing down there right now so should be getting top minutes. Manning and bourdon are injured, Gus and Lauridsen are with the big club. Kessel doesn't have an NHL future
Im just hoping they give Cousins some time. Murray better be told to get Cousins off of the fighting line and onto a scoring one.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
jb**

Quote:
disagree

we disagree, thats ok. he wasnt servicable imo. he had a nice stretch then teams figured him out. he has not nor ever will stand out even in the ahl. he is beyond a dime a dozen cup of coffee fill in dman. no way does he see the light of day on a contending teams top 6. he just isnt that good. never really has been as a pro.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:48 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Bourdon would have been fine as a 6/7 guy if he was healthy. There is nothing wrong with that. People think Gervais is fine in that role and he is brutally bad at times. If Bourdon was healthy I think he would be up here as a 6 or 7.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:00 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Bourdon would have been fine as a 6/7 guy if he was healthy. There is nothing wrong with that. People think Gervais is fine in that role and he is brutally bad at times. If Bourdon was healthy I think he would be up here as a 6 or 7.
TBH Gervais looks bad because he's on the ice too much. I like Gervais as a 6. He's getting way too much ice time due to these injuries.

04-09-2013, 01:13 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
he hwasnt even that good in the ahlyet you think he will be a fine 6/7. thats why we all have opinions, makes for good conversation

Old
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Two years in a row Cousins has gone to the Phantoms and basically gone unused. I hope there is a better master plan than what I've seen so far. I suppose its the whole earning your stripes deal but it seems like Mathers gets more action

Old
04-09-2013, 01:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I don't think Bourdon was that bad for his role as a depth defensemen. I think like with most of the guys brought in for that role over the years Flyer fans expect them to be flawless like they're 20 minute a night guys. If look at them like 6/7 guys you would realize most of them haven't been that bad.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't think Bourdon was that bad for his role as a depth defensemen. I think like with most of the guys brought in for that role over the years Flyer fans expect them to be flawless like they're 20 minute a night guys. If look at them like 6/7 guys you would realize most of them haven't been that bad.
He just got overplayed when paired with Carle. When he started to play 20 mins a game, he game went downhill. Like Gervias, you need to limit the amount of playing time for certain players for them the succeed.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
for depth yes, by depth i mean a 7/8 guy who gets called up once in a while.the ahl vet type.

i just dont and didnt see an nhl career for him. he was so far down the depth chart before his call up, dure ot many injuires. he did make the most of it i will give him that. had there not been any injuires i have no doubt he is another orginization right now

Old
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im just hoping they give Cousins some time. Murray better be told to get Cousins off of the fighting line and onto a scoring one.
Me too. He was scratched a few times last yr, once this yr and now he's on the 4th line w/ mathers. I really don't get it especially when the team is struggling to score. Homer needs to speak up.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
He's been very solid, much to my chagrin.

He's big but doesn't seem to get rattled (although I'm hoping the Rangers park someone's behind in his face all night tonight to bother him a bit). He also has a very strong team in front of him, which has helped his stats quite a bit. London has the best defensive forward in the league (in my opinion) in front of him, along with a couple of other very good defenseman - a luxury he won't have in Philadelphia or Adirondack in the foreseeable future.

I'm hopeful but cautiously optimistic. He looks good, but it's early to tell what he'll be like without a strong defense in front and/or forwards who can score almost at will to give him room to make an error and not lose the game.
Thanks and Good Luck!

Old
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Oshawa lost 4-2 tonight. Barrie won the series 4-0.

Laughton is now eligible to sign an ATO for the Phantoms.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Irregardless. Laughton targeted the guy's head. That's something that needs to be addressed by the Flyers organization. I have no problem with a player playing on the edge, but head shots are a no no. There's no need for that. Laughton's a very skilled and gritty forward that doesn't need to resort to cheap tactics like that. That's bush league. I like Laughton (I really like Laughton to be honest), but this is something that Laperriere and the Flyers organization will have to address.
I really like him also and he needs to tone his act down. We do not need anymore stigmas hanging around this team.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I agree. In addition, he still had some maturing and experience to gain that would have helped his game. He could have been a bottom pairing guy in the league for a respectable amount of time. Possibly more (you never truly know) -- but minimally could have had a bottom pairing NHL career.
I to thought he had a chance for a 5 or 6 spot. Shame.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Hey Flyers/Phantoms fans. Anyone know the status of Cal Heeter? Is he up with the Flyers or is he down with the Phantoms? He was supposedly recalled last week on the 3rd but has he been returned yet?

Closed Thread