Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2012/2013 German Bundesliga

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
Frankfurt fans owned depp05 before their game v Bremen, getting some depp05'ers to hold this banner up in the home end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAI5...ature=youtu.be

Thought it was an April Fools, but seems pretty legit, funny either way

Old
04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
The_Human_Atombomb

And removed

Also, the Hoffenheim sideshow continues. Both coach Kurz and director of sport Müller have been sacked this morning.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Just looked up the SkySport HD Highlights on their Youtube channel through a German Proxy and the banner shows up there after 11 seconds

Old
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

What a performance by Lautern, best home game since the 5-0 over Schalke in late 2010 IMO. Played some great football, could of scored 5 or 6 if we wanted to.

And it feels all the sweeter after seeing all the taunts Köln fans have been throwing at Lautern in the last week. Right back at you, ****ers

Old
04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
HajdukSplit

Bayern are officially the Bundesliga champions after beating Frankfurt 1:0, Dortmund are 20 points behind with 6 matches to be played. Schalke beat Werder which means they have a three point edge on Frankfurt for 4th place but they are also in reach with 3rd place Leverkusen.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:15 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What a performance by Lautern, best home game since the 5-0 over Schalke in late 2010 IMO. Played some great football, could of scored 5 or 6 if we wanted to.

And it feels all the sweeter after seeing all the taunts Köln fans have been throwing at Lautern in the last week. Right back at you, ****ers
I remember a very eventful game between the two teams a few years back on the Betzenberg when Lautern managed to avoid relegation to the 3rd tier and after the match some ultras from Cologne gave it the big one on the pitch only to run when Lautern's old lads made an appearance.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:16 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I remember a very eventful game between the two teams a few years back on the Betzenberg when Lautern managed to avoid relegation to the 3rd tier and after the match some ultras from Cologne gave it the big one on the pitch only to run when Lautern's old lads made an appearance.
Das Wunder vom Betze, even got Fritz-Walter-Wetter, my favourite (and probably most important) FCK game that I've seen

Hadn't heard about the Köln ultras after the game, it sure sounds like them though ....

Seems to be quite a lot of rivalry between FCK and Köln for a while now, I'm not sure where it's come from, seems to be getting up there with Waldhof/Frankfurt/Mainz/Karlsruhe....well maybe not Waldhof, those matches have a bit of an extra edge.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Das Wunder vom Betze, even got Fritz-Walter-Wetter, my favourite (and probably most important) FCK game that I've seen

Hadn't heard about the Köln ultras after the game, it sure sounds like them though ....
It was pretty big, yeah. Should still be a lot of it on YouTube.

Quote:
Seems to be quite a lot of rivalry between FCK and Köln for a while now, I'm not sure where it's come from, seems to be getting up there with Waldhof/Frankfurt/Mainz/Karlsruhe....well maybe not Waldhof, those matches have a bit of an extra edge.
Always wondered that a bit, myself, obviously. Well, for one thing, the traditional clubs with a significant ultra scene all seem to have to hate those others, except for the odd exceptions of traditional and still existing friendships. Other than that, I think there's a bit of a cultural factor in play there. People from Cologne and the area are stereotypically quite open and direct, but they aren't exactly humble. (Citing the classic chant of "Knee down, peasants, the Kölner are here!") Kaiserslautern, on the other hand, is about as rural as it gets (among the traditional teams, anyway) and are in many ways a counterpoint to a place like Cologne. Well, that's what I make of the added spark between these two that I also recognized. Which I always find a bit humorous, because in many ways, I find the average hardcore supporters of these clubs to be among the more similar...

Old
04-06-2013, 04:46 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

To be honest, I think Wilde Horde aren't exactly known for making friends *anywhere* with their approach. If they run into another team with a lot of active fans, it's unlikely they'll be arm in arm singing and celebrating together.

Lautern and Köln both were in the BuLi for ages and then both turned into yo-yo clubs, going up and down repeatedly around the same time, so there have been a lot of matches between them over the last 50 years and a lot of the more recent ones with relevance for relegation/promotion.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I think traditional teams are friendly with each other as long as they don't interfere with each other. Lautern and Effzeh though are nowadays both clubs that struggle to stay in the Bundesliga. Of course there's gonna be a rivalry between them. There's no Rivalry between Hamburg and Schalke...

It's kinda like dealing with Hoffenheim. At first they were hated by everyone with a passion, and now while most still like them to get relegated, the hate has gone down from fans of dortmund, schalke, bayern... etc when they realized that hoppenheim wouldn't be challenging them. Other traditional clubs who have to compete with hoffenheim are still with it imo.

Anyway, congrats Bayern for the title. Better than Dortmund, surely.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:15 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
It was pretty big, yeah. Should still be a lot of it on YouTube.
It sure is, the Youtube user 'Australautern' has a 2 part video of it (from around the 60th mintue IIRC), also has heaps of old Lautern matches from the 70's onwards

Watching the old Waldhof v Kaiserslautern matches almost makes me want Waldhof to stop being terrible so the derby is properly revived. FCK u23 v Waldhof is ok, but it's not the real thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Always wondered that a bit, myself, obviously. Well, for one thing, the traditional clubs with a significant ultra scene all seem to have to hate those others, except for the odd exceptions of traditional and still existing friendships. Other than that, I think there's a bit of a cultural factor in play there. People from Cologne and the area are stereotypically quite open and direct, but they aren't exactly humble. (Citing the classic chant of "Knee down, peasants, the Kölner are here!") Kaiserslautern, on the other hand, is about as rural as it gets (among the traditional teams, anyway) and are in many ways a counterpoint to a place like Cologne. Well, that's what I make of the added spark between these two that I also recognized. Which I always find a bit humorous, because in many ways, I find the average hardcore supporters of these clubs to be among the more similar...
That's true, now that I think about it, the only teams were it's seemingly friendly for the most part is the likes of Bremen and Stuttgart, usually banners praising each other or the like appearing in the home and away ends. Other then that it's the old '**** you' to every other team Lautern play haha

Though I can't comment too much on the cultural differences, never actually been north of the Pfalz (unless Frankfurt counts). Though some of them sure do like to spam the Kaiserslautern FB page from what I've seen

Though I do like this bit of rivalry between the 2, atmosphere last night was electric, the game in Köln earlier in the season was a cracker as well. Much better to have these matches then FCK v Aalen, Sandhausen, Regensburg etc

Old
04-07-2013, 03:02 AM
cgf

So with Nurnberg's recent defensive stoutness and Mainz' recent bout of draws, there's a high chance the teams share the points. In the other game Hannover are favorites to take all 3 points from Stuttgart's visit, what with Hannover's strong home form and Stuttgart's mediocre squad who's only chance at europe next season is making the cup final.

That would mean the teams from 5th through 9th would be separated by a total of 2 points with 6 games to go. Freiburg and Frankfurt at 42, Gladbach at 41, Mainz at 40 and Hannover at 40. This battle for the two european spots is going to be epic. With Schalke in 4th with only 45 points, and Hamburg still hanging around with 38 points, this should come down to the wire.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
HajdukSplit

Nurnberg unbeaten in 9 matches but more importantly turning those draws into wins and they are now even in the Europa League picture when about a month ago they were in some relegation problems. Wiesinger is doing a good job there.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:31 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

van der Vaart new captain at Hamburg. That should be fun with all the rumours around his personal life right now

Old
04-09-2013, 10:37 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
van der Vaart new captain at Hamburg. That should be fun with all the rumours around his personal life right now
What rumours? Fill us in!

Regarding Bayern, I'm very happy they won but the season still feels ominous and unfulfilled - maybe it's because it was won months ago and the real challenge left is the CL. Since I don't have any "legitimate" ties to the club, I suppose most would be inclined to call me a fairweather or bandwagon fan so I've taken to keeping my fandom personal and private.

Hope they crush Juve and get to face, and beat, Barca in the semis.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:50 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Regarding Bayern, I'm very happy they won but the season still feels ominous and unfulfilled - maybe it's because it was won months ago and the real challenge left is the CL. Since I don't have any "legitimate" ties to the club, I suppose most would be inclined to call me a fairweather or bandwagon fan so I've taken to keeping my fandom personal and private.

Hope they crush Juve and get to face, and beat, Barca in the semis.
Rumor has it he'll be leaving his wife for her best friend.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Rafael and Sylvie split on New Years Eve (or just after), apparently because of a 'domestic incident' that happened.

Now Rafael has proclaimed he's in love with Sabia Boulahrouz (best friend of Sylvie) and wife (separated) of Khalid Boulahrouz (team-mate of Rafael for Holland and apparently good friends off the pitch).

Talk about an awkward situation.

The timing of the captaincy announcement is a strange one to say the least with all this going on in the background, then again, Hamburg isn't exactly new to drama

Old
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

The irony is that it was purported that he went back to Hamburg to advance Sylvie's media career in Germany. I guess they found the publicity they sought!

Old
04-13-2013, 11:03 AM
HajdukSplit

Hoffenheim winning at Wolfsburg, if results stay they have a realistic chance at even getting out of the relegation playoff spot. Hamburg winning at Mainz which would be a massive result for them as the European spots are so tight things change every week

Old
04-13-2013, 02:06 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Pukki comes off the bench, scores and wins a penalty

Schalke were losing 2:0 to Leverkusen, now 2:2

Last edited by vsk92: 04-13-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
HajdukSplit

Huge win for Augsburg, puts pressure now on Fortuna (who are only 3 points ahead, but much better GD) and even Werder Bremen

Frankfurt probably won't even finish in a Europa League spot with the way they have played lately

Old
04-14-2013, 01:50 PM
cgf

Frankfurt have some very winnable games. If the contenders keep leaving points on the field, not even Freiburg's surge will keep them out of europe.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:03 PM
HajdukSplit

Looking at Hoffenheim, Augsburg and Fortuna's fixtures...

Hoffenheim still go away to Leverkusen and Dortmund (last fixture of the season) and another away match at Bremen. Their two home games seem winnable (Nurnberg & Hamburg). Realistically, they will have to win both home games and hope to get something out of one of the away games.

Augsburg is in a similar boat; tough away matches (Monchengladbach, Freiburg, Bayern) but winnable home games (Stuttgart & Furth). Depending on what their target is, even as small as 4 points could guarantee at least a playoff but for automatic safety they will probably need 7-9 points

Fortuna also have three away matches (Hamburg, Frankfurt, Hannover) and their home matches are Dortmund & Nurnberg. Four points will be enough for automatic safety imo unless Augsburg get those 7-9 points I stated in their summary.

Furth will be officially relegated most likely next matchday

Old
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Looks like serious discussions in Freiburg over a new stadium given how ****** the current one is. If it's built, 35,000 capacity apparently

Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

Quote:
Even before the Mainz result, I was very happy with that decision. Appointing Westermann as captain has not worked, neither for Schalke nor for HSV. In my opinion, Westermann is a player who has to work hard enough on his own performance and should not be given additional responsibility, while van der Vaart might even need additional motivation to perform up to his talent.

His involvement with Ms Boulahrouz is indeed amusing. When he returned to Hamburg, it seemed to be common knowledge that it was primarily Sylvie's wish; Tottenham is more ambitious than HSV and paid him more. Now I have heard a rumour that he became more and more annoyed with his wife's career, since she did not spend much time with their son, and tried to allieviate the situation by moving to Hamburg. After it obviously did not work out, they split.

Quote:
Looks like serious discussions in Freiburg over a new stadium given how ****** the current one is. If it's built, 35,000 capacity apparently
While I appreciate Freiburg for another brilliant season with young players and little money involved (I even think Streich and not Heynckes should be coach of the year), I generally oppose any public spending for arenas or other professional football matters. Since the City of Freiburg plans on buidling the new stadion, I hope these plans falter before more taxpayers' monies are wasted. At least for the new stadium SC Freiburg should pay the bill!

Gruß,
BSHH

Closed Thread