HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jesse the placeholder...but for whom?

Old
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM
leaponover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
NYIslanders ‏@NYIslanders 33m
#Isles prac. lines: Moulson-Tavares-Boyes, Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo, Grabner-Aucoin-McDonald, Joensuu-Cizikas-Martin, Lee-Reasoner-Boulton

Looks like the right move was made. That line is going to get some serious zone time against Philly.

I wouldn't clap my hands. We finally got a look at Grabs on the first line and honestly that line looked more alive than I've seen it in a long time. I really wish that Moulson wasn't glued to Tavares' hip but with that many 30 goal seasons I guess we just can't risk him playing with lesser talent. Kinda sucks, maybe it would be nice to move him while he has high trade value? Unless the rest of the league can look through the transparency although they didn't seem to do that with PA (who I think is is more skilled than MM).

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
I wouldn't clap my hands. We finally got a look at Grabs on the first line and honestly that line looked more alive than I've seen it in a long time. I really wish that Moulson wasn't glued to Tavares' hip but with that many 30 goal seasons I guess we just can't risk him playing with lesser talent. Kinda sucks, maybe it would be nice to move him while he has high trade value? Unless the rest of the league can look through the transparency although they didn't seem to do that with PA (who I think is is more skilled than MM).
PA has 37 points this season (leading Colorado), only 3 behind Tavares...there isn't much to see through with him.

I'd rather see Boyes moved over Moulson.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
If Joensuu continues to play physical and hit hard and often and has his offensive skills show like last game, Martin doesn't belong on line 1. That's Joensuu, EVEN IF Strome makes it next year.

I'd rather Strome go pivot line 2 with Grabner and whoever.
i have no problem with any of that re: strome/grabner.... just like i have no problem with JJ on the first line if all the multiple "IF's" you mention become true facts. but i don't know what JJ will do night in night out yet. i do know what MM will do. hit people, create space and work the boards tirelessly...

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:46 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
i have no problem with any of that re: strome/grabner.... just like i have no problem with JJ on the first line if all the multiple "IF's" you mention become true facts. but i don't know what JJ will do night in night out yet. i do know what MM will do. hit people, create space and work the boards tirelessly...
Game 2 tonight vs. the Flyers. I could not have scripted a better game to see how Yessee plays. Here's hoping he sends some orange through the glass.

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 04-09-2013 at 05:13 AM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:07 AM
Finnpin

Jesse has improved a lot while playing in Sweden. He has been a force in Finnish National team where he looked like a truck. Big hits and scored some goals too. I was quite sad that he got injured before showing his new stuff in NY but now he is back and hopefully keeps improving when he gets more games.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Jesse has improved a lot while playing in Sweden. He has been a force in Finnish National team where he looked like a truck. Big hits and scored some goals too. I was quite sad that he got injured before showing his new stuff in NY but now he is back and hopefully keeps improving when he gets more games.
i've heard this and that's certainly encouraging but until i see him play as advertised- consistently, in the NHL- i'm not holding my breath.

ps- i will say that the other night was a nice sample. hope he develops it, nurtures it, waters it, feeds it and then **BOOM** unleashes a semi-controlled (monster) every time he steps on the ice.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:03 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
Matt Moulson doesnt do anything "tirelessly". He scores goals, but lets not make him out to any kind of physical grinder.

edit: Are you talking about MM or JJ in the bolded part?

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:05 AM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
Matt Moulson doesnt do anything "tirelessly". He scores goals, but lets not make him out to any kind of physical grinder.
Matt Martin not Matt Moulson...

M Moulson Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:19 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post
Matt Martin not Matt Moulson...
I was wondering! Matty does work hard on the boards. Czikas and Martin fit really well together.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:57 PM
bluechipbonzo

Back down to earth tonight. Still, didn't hurt us out there.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:59 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:

He wasn't awful, and it was against the Flyers. How much ice time did he even get - 9 Minutes...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
JJ looked fine. IMO 6'4", 210lbs beats the heck out of Richard Park in the bottom 6. Big bodies are a good thing.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:13 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
He wasn't awful, and it was against the Flyers. How much ice time did he even get - 9 Minutes...
Reasoner Boulton and Lee are the right guys to be sitting, though I can see Reasoner getting in a game or two at some point.

Cizikas, Joensuu, McDonald, Martin and even Aucoin have been pretty impressive in bottom six roles. The bottom six play 10-12 minutes a night and all they do is hit everything, play smart and chip in the odd goal. Can't ask for more than that.

I still think Grabner's being a bit under-utilized though.

Joensuu deserves to play. He is really strong on the boards and hits hard.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:37 PM
iLandHer

Quote:

He is an improvement over Reasoner and I think he's much more seasoned than Lee at this point and can handle the NHL game right now better than Lee.

I'd like to see him finish out the season. Kind of sucks for Reasoner though if that happens.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:12 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

What's up with these boards lately in that after 1 game played, the second coming of JJ (who we could't run out of town quick enough a few years back), has been declared savior, and on the flip-side, we've been clamoring for the signing of Anders Lee for 2-3 years, wanted to throw a parade down Hempstead Tpke the day he was signed, and after 2 games (really after his first game), we're over Lee and ready for our next shiny toy...... Nelson?? Strome??? Where are you guys??

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
duster19

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
What's up with these boards lately in that after 1 game played, the second coming of JJ (who we could't run out of town quick enough a few years back), has been declared savior, and on the flip-side, we've been clamoring for the signing of Anders Lee for 2-3 years, wanted to throw a parade down Hempstead Tpke the day he was signed, and after 2 games (really after his first game), we're over Lee and ready for our next shiny toy...... Nelson?? Strome??? Where are you guys??
I think people just realised Lee needs work and JJ has really improved since the last time we saw him. I think its great they both are available. The play of one slides, the other goes in the next game.