HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[TOR/COL] Ryan O'Byrne for a 4th (2014)

Old
04-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
But was he though? Was he the only reason the team is bad right now? I doubt it.
He was on the ice for the most goals against and goals against per game. Simply put, yes, he was a major contributor to our bad team. Whether he would have been under a competent coach using him in the proper role we will never know now.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Smif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Are we serious with this? It was one game.
That's why he said: "He looked pretty damn good tonight".

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
not when they are the reason the team is bad
I can see Colorado tearing it up without him.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Fogelhund

The interesting thing about both Defenceman and Goalies is that they are often as much of a reflection of the coach, how they are used, the system employed and their partners.

Take a look at Beauchemin in Anaheim - Looked terrible in Toronto, leading Anaheim D in playing time, points and is a +21 for them. Partnered with Souray most of the time, who was all but given up on, Souray is a +26.

Maybe Liles is the right partner for O'Byrne, and the system/partners in Colorado weren't right for him. We'll see.

Fogelhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
The interesting thing about both Defenceman and Goalies is that they are often as much of a reflection of the coach, how they are used, the system employed and their partners.

Take a look at Beauchemin in Anaheim - Looked terrible in Toronto, leading Anaheim D in playing time, points and is a +21 for them. Partnered with Souray most of the time, who was all but given up on, Souray is a +26.

Maybe Liles is the right partner for O'Byrne, and the system/partners in Colorado weren't right for him. We'll see.
He needs a PMD next to himself because he simply doesn't know how to play with the puck. As for the system in Colorado not fitting him, there isn't a system in Colorado at all. I'm happy to see him and Johnny doing good.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He needs a PMD next to himself because he simply doesn't know how to play with the puck. As for the system in Colorado not fitting him, there isn't a system in Colorado at all. I'm happy to see him and Johnny doing good.
I think this is probably the fairest thing I've heard regarding this trade.

O'Byrne with Liles gives him a PMD that can do the things he doesn't or can't. He can keep it simple, play the RC system, clear the crease, get in shooting lanes and hit behind the net.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

Yup, and Lupul has turned himself and Kessel into ppg players. Kessel likely would be one anyway but I think it's safe to say nobody expected Beachemin and Lupul to do what they have done. Oddly enough, Lupul is doing it under the exact same coach he struggled with in Anaheim. Go figure. I couldn't tell you what type of system the Avs run but here, under Wilson, ROB would look awful. Under Carlyle, he likely will look like your average third pairing dman. Complete opposite style of systems. Guys like Schenn and Komisarek looked brutal under Wilson.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote