HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NAS/WAS] Martin Erat and Michael Latta for Filip Forsberg

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So he's played 2 games so far how for this wide open system in Washington, how many points does he have?

I think it's funny, you say Nashville's system hinders Erat, yet Richard Clune had the same amount of goals as Erat.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Erat is a good players that puts up 50-60 points every season, he battles hard, and battles injuries.

He plays the same system that allowed Dumont and Sullivan to put up good numbers, is Erat just not as good as those two?
He played less than two minutes in one of the games.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:46 AM
sillygoose

Quote:
So he's played 2 games so far how for this wide open system in Washington, how many points does he have?

I think it's funny, you say Nashville's system hinders Erat, yet Richard Clune had the same amount of goals as Erat.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

Erat is a good players that puts up 50-60 points every season, he battles hard, and battles injuries.

He plays the same system that allowed Dumont and Sullivan to put up good numbers, is Erat just not as good as those two?
Are you really trying to argue that if you take a player and put him on a team that has better offensive players, a more offensive system, and scores more goals he won't score more points.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
He played less than two minutes in one of the games.
I think he played 4, but still, you're correct. Erat has been battling injuries and will continue, I think I pointed that out.

No better offensive players will make you produce more points. So does power-play time and more ice time.

Having said that, Washington's more offensive system and better offensive players produced far less goals last season and about the same the season prior.

So would he not produce more on the best powerplay in the league getting top ice time last season? Did Nashville's system restrict him then?

My agrument was and is, Nashville's system did not restrict him offensively.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
So Washington is going to "win now" as you say by trading their 2nd best prospect for a guy that has scored 8 goals and 15 pounds in his entire playoff career? Yah he's what Washington needs to win
I wasn't saying Erat was going to make Washington win now or even be contenders.
My point is sometimes you just have to give up something of value in a trade, and just because Erat may not fit into longterm plans doesn't mean its a bad trade. Erat is going to do more for your team now than Forsberg would.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Erat was a matter of inches away from having 2 assists in his first game in Washington. He had two beautiful passes to players around the crease. One was whiffed on, and the other was just barely deflected by a defender as it got to the receiver's stick. Washington's offensive system will do wonders for him.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:28 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
I think he played 4, but still, you're correct. Erat has been battling injuries and will continue, I think I pointed that out.

No better offensive players will make you produce more points. So does power-play time and more ice time.

Having said that, Washington's more offensive system and better offensive players produced far less goals last season and about the same the season prior.

So would he not produce more on the best powerplay in the league getting top ice time last season? Did Nashville's system restrict him then?

My agrument was and is, Nashville's system did not restrict him offensively.
Yeah I don't think washington's production last year had anything to do with the former vs. current coach and playing style...

Old
04-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Predsrule

So things learned from this thread... Erat is now a 80point player... Nashville has no offense despite producing more goals then wash last year.. And even though no one had any concerns about ff b4 now he will be lucky to be a 50point player in the future.. Following the learn Somthin new everyday thing.. Check

Last edited by Predsrule: 04-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Erat was a matter of inches away from having 2 assists in his first game in Washington. He had two beautiful passes to players around the crease. One was whiffed on, and the other was just barely deflected by a defender as it got to the receiver's stick. Washington's offensive system will do wonders for him.
Sounds familiar

Old
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
No. There are a few posters (Preds fans I'm guessing) that argue that where Erat played had nothing to do with his production. But the majority agree that Erat likely would produce more on the Caps in a more offensive environment with more highly skilled players.
Preds fans have seen Erat play with very good players, and we have seen him play with guys like Joel Ward and Jerred Smithson.

It's funny. Since 2005-2006 Erat has been over .64 PPG, which is pretty good. Go look at some of the players hovering around that mark right now. I think most fans would love to have players like Pavelski and Pominville on their team.

I guess the years in which he was scoring at a .75 pace (some players currently at .75 PPG include Bobby Ryan, Patrick Sharp, and Logan Couture) were hindered by the Preds system as well? Or is Erat truly a PPG player? I don't think it's the latter. But then I've only seen every game Erat had played in the NHL until recently.

Old
04-07-2013, 05:54 PM
LMFAO

People are acting like michael latta is some kind of throw in or something, this guy will be a solid bottom six forward that every team would love to have for years to come.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Preds fans weren't happy about Latta being included, but for the most part we accepted it considering the return.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Erat and Latta are both good assets. I don't know why someone has to try to make them more than they are or make ff less.

Erat is a good hockey player who hopefully will get healthy and play better.

Latta could be a sparkplug with offensive touch.

FF could be an elite powerforward like some caps fans claimed he was before he was traded off.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Halpysback*

this latta hyping reminds me of all the lip service Cormier got when he was traded for Kovalchuk.

And Tangradi for Whitney.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:18 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

has Forsbergs season ended yet?

Old
04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Yes. His team finished 2nd in the post-season round robin to get promoted to Elitserien next season, meaning they will compete in the top tier Swedish league next year. Some speculation that he could potentially make the Swedish IIHF WC team, but we'll see.

Old
04-08-2013, 09:24 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
this latta hyping reminds me of all the lip service Cormier got when he was traded for Kovalchuk.

And Tangradi for Whitney.
Don't forget Forsberg for Erat.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Still sad that Erat is gone but it is what it is.

To me Poile did a good job here. Erat was a 7th round pick who played in Nashville for 11 seasons and produced. He was traded after 11 seasons for a 1 round 11th overall player that just turned 18.

No matter how FF ends up, that's pretty a good return for a 7th round pick.

Old
04-08-2013, 03:26 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Not exactly! He made his debute in team sweden yesterday, back to back games against latvia, his first goal came in todays win.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:06 AM
preds1

vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks goaltender Ray Emery on the Predators: "Thatís a team you have to really play some boring hockey against."

You mean this Ray Emery? Thanks for the boring memories.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:23 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

As a Caps fan, I think this is a good trade for both teams. Losing Forsberg sucks, but at least he went to a team that I enjoy following.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Jedgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
So things learned from this thread... Erat is now a 80point player... Nashville has no offense despite producing more goals then wash last year.. And even though no one had any concerns about ff b4 now he will be lucky to be a 50point player in the future.. Following the learn Somthin new everyday thing.. Check
How is this relevant? Caps were playing Hunter Hockey last year, of course they have no goals. Using this year is much more relevant. 7th in the league vs 25th in the league.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
How is this relevant? Caps were playing Hunter Hockey last year, of course they have no goals. Using this year is much more relevant. 7th in the league vs 25th in the league.
Using a shortened season with no camp versus the previous full season? I disagree.

However, if excuses is your thing, the Preds have had a ton of injuries to its offense this year. Multiple injuries to guys like Fisher, Goose, Hornqvist, and Wilson. There.

Old
04-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Retail1LO
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We have a lot of it. Too much of it, especially at RW position - we have two exciting prospects at RW in Wilson and Barber.
Ok...so you

A) Get rid of your top prospect

&

B) Give that prospect up for Martin ****ing Erat?

Makes sense.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:05 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Makes sense.
How do you utter the phrase "top prospect" and not have it register that said player has yet to score a point in the NHL? I'm genuinely curious. This trade could backfire, or Forsberg could amount to nothing and Washington wins. Let's stop pretending like we know the future here.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:17 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
How do you utter the phrase "top prospect" and not have it register that said player has yet to score a point in the NHL? I'm genuinely curious. This trade could backfire, or Forsberg could amount to nothing and Washington wins. Let's stop pretending like we know the future here.
are you saying that to be considered a top prospect, you NEED an nhl point?

you know, that's why they're called... get ready... PROSPECTS

if this doesnt make sense to you, god save hfboards

Closed Thread