HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BOS signs Carl Soderberg 3 Years $866,666 Cap Hit - Approved to play for Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
  #26
Vor
RIP Lounge
 
Vor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Searching 4 a Lounge
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,138
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Wouldn't it be 28 teams? Didn't Nashville do this last year with a much more talented player?
They did, but he was under contract.

Vor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 AM
  #27
Gobias Industries
Registered User
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
The trade deadline is a cutoff date for adding talent outside of your organization. Given that Soderberg was outside the organization of the Boston Bruins (yes i know they held his rights but it's been so long that it's a moot point), i dont think it fair to the other 29 teams or the rulebook that he is allowed to join them.

To all the folks who posted or are going to post comments about being "********" (interesting they're mostly bruins fans) or whatever--save it. Yes i am ******** because it presents an unfair advantage over the other teams.
But that advantage could have been had by any other team depending on personel.

Doesn't that just make it a fair advantage that this year is unique to Boston?

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 AM
  #28
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
They did, but he was under contract.
I assume you freaked out at Chris Kreider being able to play and score all those goals last year? Or is that different somehow too?

bruinsfan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
  #29
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
But that advantage could have been had by any other team depending on personel.

Doesn't that just make it a fair advantage that this year is unique to Boston?
Yep, that would be what he's missing. His team (IDK, think the Leafs based on location) could sign their own prospects after their seasons are done and just get them for a playoff run.

bruinsfan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #30
Vor
RIP Lounge
 
Vor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Searching 4 a Lounge
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,138
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
I assume you freaked out at Chris Kreider being able to play and score all those goals last year? Or is that different somehow too?
No i didn't "freak out" (childish hyperbole is only amusing you, btw), but i still didn't like it, however it was slightly different because Kreider was still within the 2-yr post-draft signing window. I just dont like this rule in general, especially when it allows you to add fully developed, nearly-in-their-prime european stars. In my opinion no team should be allowed to play new signings after the deadline.

Vor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
  #31
Gobias Industries
Registered User
 
Gobias Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
No i didn't "freak out" (childish hyperbole is only amusing you, btw), but i still didn't like it, however it was slightly different because Kreider was still within the 2-yr post-draft signing window. I just dont like this rule in general, especially when it allows you to add fully developed, nearly-in-their-prime european stars. In my opinion no team should be allowed to play new signings after the deadline.
That your team worked to acquire.

I think that your last point is fair, but to me, it's just a matter of where the prospects/players are in their development and their own preferences.

In this case the Bruins would have preferred to have Soderberg here earlier, so I wouldn't exactly call this a bonus.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
  #32
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
The trade deadline is a cutoff date for adding talent outside of your organization. Given that Soderberg was outside the organization of the Boston Bruins (yes i know they held his rights but it's been so long that it's a moot point), i dont think it fair to the other 29 teams or the rulebook that he is allowed to join them.

To all the folks who posted or are going to post comments about being "********" (interesting they're mostly bruins fans) or whatever--save it. Yes i am ******** because it presents an unfair advantage over the other teams.

How is it unfair? Your team can do it too.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
  #33
sirmaxalot
Registered User
 
sirmaxalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oshawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
No i didn't "freak out" (childish hyperbole is only amusing you, btw), but i still didn't like it, however it was slightly different because Kreider was still within the 2-yr post-draft signing window. I just dont like this rule in general, especially when it allows you to add fully developed, nearly-in-their-prime european stars. In my opinion no team should be allowed to play new signings after the deadline.
I like this rule because it benefits my team greatly right now.

That being said... I understand your concerns about this, but as posted earlier many teams have already done this and if your team had the same opportunity to add depth for this playoff run, I doubt you'd be picketing against it. Or am I wrong?

sirmaxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
  #34
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
I assume you have some insight, but is there any reason why they'd let Soderberg go and not the others?

We know Soderberg has stated publicly he wanted to go to the Bruins instead of the WC. Did Jarkrok and Fasth say the same, or is their preference to play for Sweden?
It would be that he's an older player then, other than that not really.

The player is always in between in this, you have the NHL club in one corner telling their prospect to go play for them and in the other corner you have Team Sweden saying we want you on our team. The rights are on Team Sweden's side, but at the same time the NHL club is the player's employer. For the time being it's handled case by case.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  #35
Vor
RIP Lounge
 
Vor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Searching 4 a Lounge
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,138
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxalot View Post
I like this rule because it benefits my team greatly right now.

That being said... I understand your concerns about this, but as posted earlier many teams have already done this and if your team had the same opportunity to add depth for this playoff run, I doubt you'd be picketing against it. Or am I wrong?
You are wrong. Had the Leafs not signed Rielly in August and had signed him after the deadline recently, i would not be in support of him being allowed to play in the NHL or AHL.

Vor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
  #36
Clark4Ever
Registered User
 
Clark4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Veterans of the Swedish Elite League that have moved to the NHL later in their careers have typically had a difficult time translating their success to the NHL.

It will be interesting to see if Soderberg can make an impact this season.

Clark4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:00 AM
  #37
Ogrim
Registered User
 
Ogrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
It would be that he's an older player then, other than that not really.

The player is always in between in this, you have the NHL club in one corner telling their prospect to go play for them and in the other corner you have Team Sweden saying we want you on our team. The rights are on Team Sweden's side, but at the same time the NHL club is the player's employer. For the time being it's handled case by case.
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...onor-infor-vm/

Not a very reliable source but Söderberg not on the squad according to Ek. What do we make of this?

Ogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
  #38
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ivösjön
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,380
vCash: 500
Poor boston fans have waited for what, 6 years? and when they finally sign him other fans whine LOL

Anyways i always liked carl even when he left malmö, good luck to him.

Dosing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
  #39
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
They did, but he was under contract.
It's essentially the same thing in my book.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:07 AM
  #40
AE
Registered User
 
AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
He led the SEL in points this season, with 31 goals and 29 assists to combine for 60 points in 54 Games.
Led in goals, 2nd in points
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...en&season=2012

AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  #41
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE View Post
http://nesn.com/2013/04/report-bruin...ing-deal-done/

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:11 AM
  #42
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Excited to finally see what Soderberg can do in the NHL.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:15 AM
  #43
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
No idea why this is allowed. What's the point of a trade deadline then if you can still bring guys over from Europe? (irrespective if they're your own property--if they weren't signed then i dont think they should be allowed to sign after the deadline)
its all about taking down the Canadiens...we do what we have to do if it involves maybe bending a rule, side stepping something, or just signing a guy we been hiding for 7 years waiting for Montreal to be a threat...so be it.

The party is over Habs fans- enjoy your little 3 to 1 series win, because the Swedish version of Clint Eastwood circa 1960 (not that insane guy ranting at the GPO covention) is riding into town (well maybe- not official yet and some balking by local officials about his release)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
  #44
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,529
vCash: 500
His first game will probably be April 19th against the Penguins...

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
  #45
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it
 
TCDaniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
This thread could use a lot more "Lucic will only pick his fights, and stays away from the heavyweights"...

And on a side note:

The good news is that most B's fans have their expectations GREATLY tempered...

The general consensus is "it's going to take a bit to translate to the NA game. But if he can actually physically skate and stick-handle a puck, then he's already better than Pandolfo and a huge upgrade on the third line"

TCDaniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
  #46
BklyNBruiN
Registered User
 
BklyNBruiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BKLYN N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Well SIHF has got their hands full if they give Carl permission to go to Boston, since they already made a deal with NHL/Rangers/Wings that Calle Jarnkrok and Jesper Fasth have to report to the national team by April 15.
You don't want him too come play in America, right?

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
  #47
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
If he can come in and have a similar impact to Silfverberg... well, Boston will be even scarier.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
  #48
Randomtask68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burlington, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rpAK...utu.be&t=9m52s

Randomtask68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
  #49
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosing View Post
Poor boston fans have waited for what, 6 years? and when they finally sign him other fans whine LOL

Anyways i always liked carl even when he left malmö, good luck to him.
This. Like the Bruins are system beaters or something. They would have preferred that Carl be in their system since 2007, but patiently waited while he remained a good soldier for the Swedish Hockey Federation, Malmo, the SEL, and everyone else but them. Now, after 6 years of patiently waiting for "the right time" to make the move, people are still complaining about it. Sort of comical.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:54 AM
  #50
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.
 
Twisted Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
His first game will probably be April 19th against the Penguins...
He'll outplay Iginla, which will cause a storm of excitement in Boston.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.