vCash: 500

slipping. get off the sauce TP

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Xegiie

could not watch again, too late for me and had to get up too early

after seeing 6-2.. i was like wow had to be easy game, then i hit button on nhl.com for recap and i was shocked, how many good scoring chances they had.. Tuuka is just great great...

on another note this is only second time Jagr had 2 assists this year i think, first being his 1st game where he had 2+2.
Starting to love Jagr - Marchand if that keep going i may even be ok with Jagr not playing with Krejci

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
could not watch again, too late for me and had to get up too early

after seeing 6-2.. i was like wow had to be easy game, then i hit button on nhl.com for recap and i was shocked, how many good scoring chances they had.. Tuuka is just great great...

on another note this is only second time Jagr had 2 assists this year i think, first being his 1st game where he had 2+2.
Starting to love Jagr - Marchand if that keep going i may even be ok with Jagr not playing with Krejci
The game was looking really really bad in the first 10 minutes, like emergency bad. Rask played amazingly, the skaters were zombies. They could not make more than 2 passes in a row and i'm not even joking. They were just passing it to Carolina players for 5 minutes straight for the start of the game. They LUCKILY got 2 quick goals and got a 3rd and that just erased the bad memories for the time being. It was really really bad.

I just checked, jagr had 2 assists in 2 other games, against calgary (crap team) and colorado (super crap team). I'm hoping to see more assists, but hey let's just see 5 more goals so Jagr can hit 20 for his millionth 20th goal season.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:23 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

I'm really stumped over who the 3rd best Bruin centre is (ie who you use when Bergy is out). I really would have thought it was Seguin easily, but since he's so mediocre in his own zone, I have no idea. Naturally they won't throw the Yeti in at C. But these guys could all play the #2 C, correct?

Yeti, Campbell, Kelly, Pev, Seguin

It SHOULD be Pev. He was brought here to be able to fill that slot if needed. I hope he grabs that job and owns it.

RedeyeRocketeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:23 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
The game was looking really really bad in the first 10 minutes, like emergency bad. Rask played amazingly, the skaters were zombies. They could not make more than 2 passes in a row and i'm not even joking. They were just passing it to Carolina players for 5 minutes straight for the start of the game. They LUCKILY got 2 quick goals and got a 3rd and that just erased the bad memories for the time being. It was really really bad.

I just checked, jagr had 2 assists in 2 other games, against calgary (crap team) and colorado (super crap team). I'm hoping to see more assists, but hey let's just see 5 more goals so Jagr can hit 20 for his millionth 20th goal season.
Coaches really need to adjust the break out as every team they play now is using a high pressure forecheck and closing their D down on the wingers ... B's just keep throwing it back to the D and getting pinned in. Once they figured out how to break it they generated a lot of good offense and it showed in the score, but shouldn't give them that many problems. Have weak side winger blow the zone and it should pull back some of the pressure from the D and free up a lane for the center on the break out.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:24 AM
DoubleAAAA

Not sure if it was finally getting away from Pando, or switching back to the left side, but Caron looked a lot better last night. He even had a little bit of snarl.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:25 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Not sure if it was finally getting away from Pando, or switching back to the left side, but Caron looked a lot better last night. He even had a little bit of snarl.
I hope that amazing shift he had last night woke his up. He had to feel great and you'd think he'd want to repeat it every time he steps on the ice.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:28 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
I hope that amazing shift he had last night woke his up. He had to feel great and you'd think he'd want to repeat it every time he steps on the ice.
Well...maybe he will want to leave out the part where he got clocked, and repeat the rest?

That hit easily could have been an interference call as Caron never touched the puck, and the linesman was right there

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:29 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Caron has got to be a lock to be benched when Kelly and Soderberg are back I'd think. Just not enough roster spots.

Btw Obviously the Yeti getting 3 years means Horton is gona baby, gone.

RedeyeRocketeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:33 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Caron has got to be a lock to be benched when Kelly and Soderberg are back I'd think. Just not enough roster spots.

Btw Obviously the Yeti getting 3 years means Horton is gona baby, gone.
say wha

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:34 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Coaches really need to adjust the break out as every team they play now is using a high pressure forecheck and closing their D down on the wingers ... B's just keep throwing it back to the D and getting pinned in. Once they figured out how to break it they generated a lot of good offense and it showed in the score, but shouldn't give them that many problems. Have weak side winger blow the zone and it should pull back some of the pressure from the D and free up a lane for the center on the break out.
Yeah they did a really great job of adjusting to the forecheck pressure. It is an interesting strategy but it seems like something you shouldn't rely upon, but just use if you are losing or need a goal. They were using all 3 forwards at times and it allowed so many 3 on 2's on the other side which was fun to see.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:42 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Yeah they did a really great job of adjusting to the forecheck pressure. It is an interesting strategy but it seems like something you shouldn't rely upon, but just use if you are losing or need a goal. They were using all 3 forwards at times and it allowed so many 3 on 2's on the other side which was fun to see.

Especially when you've got Justin Peters as your last line of defense

Old
04-09-2013, 09:43 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
Here We Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Well...maybe he will want to leave out the part where he got clocked, and repeat the rest?

That hit easily could have been an interference call as Caron never touched the puck, and the linesman was right there
Good point. Forgot about that.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
bruinmann77

Caron and Ferrence played their best Games and Rask saved their Bacon in the 1st period.
I am sure they need to practice how to get out of their own end. The slow first Period again is not a good sign fore this team.

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
bosbruin

That was one of the most pathetic wins I've seen in 40+ years of watching this team. If it was any other team besides Carolina, then the B's lose. Lucic and Horton are getting worse. As usual Tuukka was HUGE. Hey Cam, time to put the hammer down on this team because I see a one and done team right now. No passion, no heart. You think Don Cherry would allow this type pf play?

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:24 AM
bolt thrower
Krejci/Smith Mania

How did Kelly looked in his first game back after the injury?

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:44 AM
howaryuh

I can understand the concern expressed here of late, but not the disgust aspect.
Is there a team without any problems to rectify? Are there any teams that have not undergone some sort of slump?
I can't imagine how the players are dealing with this schedule. Sure it looks like they just show up at the arena, but in between games there is travel, hotels, believe me, it's no fun and takes it's toll (I can hardly take two weeks of it these days).
Rask had a great game last night, he was better than the other end (does not say much) but when that happens it gives you a chance to win. I like where the offence is headed, Jagr adds another dimension to it, nice to see guys driving to the net too!
Two things; energy level and defensive zone play need to be addressed, at least they are things that can be improved (not like the canes with no goalie).
While there is concern, there is some time yet and I for one believe they have it in them to do get it done.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Woll Smoth

vCash: 1205
Dear Boston,
Win the division.
-Signed every Leafs fan.

If we have to go against you guys, please let it be in the second round.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
How did Kelly looked in his first game back after the injury?
His timing was a bit off, but it was good to see him out there, especially on the PK.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
That was one of the most pathetic wins I've seen in 40+ years of watching this team. If it was any other team besides Carolina, then the B's lose. Lucic and Horton are getting worse. As usual Tuukka was HUGE. Hey Cam, time to put the hammer down on this team because I see a one and done team right now. No passion, no heart. You think Don Cherry would allow this type pf play?
I totally agree. The score told a lie! If you swapped goalies the score would have been 6-2 Carolina.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
It happens every game now. I agree with you.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:19 AM
13Hockey
Champs! Thank U B's!

Am I the only one that thought lucic krejci Horton played well?

13Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:28 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
I can understand the concern expressed here of late, but not the disgust aspect.
Is there a team without any problems to rectify? Are there any teams that have not undergone some sort of slump?
I can't imagine how the players are dealing with this schedule. Sure it looks like they just show up at the arena, but in between games there is travel, hotels, believe me, it's no fun and takes it's toll (I can hardly take two weeks of it these days).
Rask had a great game last night, he was better than the other end (does not say much) but when that happens it gives you a chance to win. I like where the offence is headed, Jagr adds another dimension to it, nice to see guys driving to the net too!
Two things; energy level and defensive zone play need to be addressed, at least they are things that can be improved (not like the canes with no goalie).
While there is concern, there is some time yet and I for one believe they have it in them to do get it done.
The B's definitely have things to work on, but the sky is falling stuff is off-base.

The team suffered some injuries and has gone through a stretch where they have looked flat, but it happens to every team, particularly with the condensed schedule.

As the B's get some of their wounded back, they will improve. I just hope they have time to work Jagr (and hopefully Soderberg) into the lineup and get some consistency headed into the playoffs.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
Am I the only one that thought lucic krejci Horton played well?
i thought krejci played well, looch played good in the offensive zone, but was brutal in the defensive zone committing alot of turnovers again.

Horton, i didnt even notice until his goal. He looks like he's concussed.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote