HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Tough player, tough to play against, will defend his teammate. Pretty solid defensively, which should be his role in the Pros, but he has an offensive game, his one-timer is heavy and he has jump in his skating that makes him hard to cover on the forecheck. Only watch bribes of the game, but from what I saw, especially on PP, his passes were missing the target on the breakout. I should add that the Tigres had a depleted lineup, and that the options weren't always there, but still maybe a point to improve for him.

I have him going late in the 2nd, so he's definitely a candidate for our 2nd rounder.
Yeah, he has one of these shots. He's no Hal Gill

Diaby is one of my favorite Dmans in the Q. Really strong, Physical and quick. He's a rock defensively and makes good passes, but I wouldnt look for Markov-leet pass. He's more of a trigger-man on the point.

Only saw him 4 times though.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:38 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Another goal for Gregoire. 8-5-13 in 7 games is mighty impressive. I'm sure the Habs will start looking at him starting in the 3rd round, his stock is coming back up.
The only knock on him, for me, is his average skating. But he's very smart on the ice, and very tough to play against. He's a player built for the playoffs.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:01 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
The only knock on him, for me, is his average skating. But he's very smart on the ice, and very tough to play against. He's a player built for the playoffs.
If his skating is only averge...he's probably not for us. Speed is main asset to our success

Old
04-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
If his skating is only averge...he's probably not for us. Speed is main asset to our success
A few average skaters on the roster isn't going to kill us, plus if you have a smart player with average speed he looks faster because he reads the play very well. Mike Richards and Giroux are examples of that, both are poor skaters.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Tim Wallach

For what it's worth, Rick Dudley was in Kitchener last night to take in the Knights-Rangers game.

With Zadorov, Horvat and Domi for London and Bailey for Kitchener, a lot of options in the game for our wealth of top-three round picks.

Also for what it's worth, above is also the order I'd draft them in.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
For what it's worth, Rick Dudley was in Kitchener last night to take in the Knights-Rangers game.

With Zadorov, Horvat and Domi for London and Bailey for Kitchener, a lot of options in the game for our wealth of top-three round picks.

Also for what it's worth, above is also the order I'd draft them in.
If there was any way to get Zadarov....sigh...dream...

Old
04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Top Corner2

Looking like 3 top 40 picks this year!!

Wow that's great!! I love you Monsieur Gauthier!

Old
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

The more time goes by, the more I like Ryan Hartman with our 1st pick.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
The more time goes by, the more I like Ryan Hartman with our 1st pick.
I haven't seen him play but I would be a little concerned that he is a full year older than a few other prospects plus he is about 5-11 / 185lbs. Not very big really for the style he plays and being one of the older draft eligible prospects

Old
04-09-2013, 10:11 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

For a draft that is supposed to be THAT strong, a lot of people here sure bash a lot of players' abilities and downplay their skills a whole lot.

BTW, this is a general thought.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:49 AM
BrimStone64

Habs should package their #1 pick, Plekanec, with Tinordi to move up and get a star prospect or deal the package to move up a few notches to get player we like and established NHLer. Next season, Galchenyuk should move to center, Eller can replace Plekanec and our second pick like a Diaby or Morin can replace Tinordi.

This gets a top young player and frees up little cash on salary cap to spend.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Habs should package their #1 pick, Plekanec, with Tinordi to move up and get a star prospect or deal the package to move up a few notches to get player we like and established NHLer. Next season, Galchenyuk should move to center, Eller can replace Plekanec and our second pick like a Diaby or Morin can replace Tinordi.

I love Eller so much but he's not going to replace Plekanec anytime soon. I really don't understand why people still want to trade away a player as useful as him.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

No.

What are the odds that the kid ends up being better than Plekanec ? Pretty low.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Nobody in the top 3 will make the trade and it would be dumb to do that for anybody else. All 3 assets are good ones individually, makes no sense to do a 3 for 1. Even if Eller replaces Plekanec you are still left with a hole on the 3rd line, even if Morin and co can replace Tinordi, it sets you back 3-4 years because Tinordi is close and Morin is years away.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Craig has a new list out and Domi is top 10, Pulock is 25 and Lazar is 28, it looks like he went for the lols.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649
I was trying to find Button's 2012 final list to see how accurate his list is but can't find it on TSN>

Just using his Arpil list and the range our picks are in ....... for fun.....

1st - Lazar or Zykov
2nd - Morin or Mueller
2nd - Poirier or Hurley
2nd - Bailey/Lodge or Desrosiers
3rd - Diaby/Fasching
3rd -Hill/McCarron

Old
04-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I was trying to find Button's 2012 final list to see how accurate his list is but can't find it on TSN>

Just using his Arpil list and the range our picks are in ....... for fun.....

1st - Lazar or Zykov
2nd - Morin or Mueller
2nd - Poirier or Hurley
2nd - Bailey/Lodge or Desrosiers
3rd - Diaby/Fasching
3rd -Hill/McCarron
To be honest... If both Zykov and Lazar would be there at our pick. I'd trade up to get them both. We'd look freaking good.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
To be honest... If both Zykov and Lazar would be there at our pick. I'd trade up to get them both. We'd look freaking good.
This. I'd definitely sacrifice the NSH pick to get both.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

Honestly, I will be making backflips in my room if we ever draft Morin. In my eyes, he is by far better than Diaby. So much potential.

Old
04-09-2013, 11:47 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Anthony Mantha scoring goal for the next 24 minutes http://hockeyprospect.com/video/2013...al-compilation

Old
04-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Draft

Now I'm not saying it's going to happen or that he would be my favourite pick but...

Can we all just think about the uproar if the Habs draft a 6'04 (potentially 6'05) 215lb Center from Quebec in the 1st round who has top 6 potential? RDS would explode no doubt.

Just a little perspective regarding his size. Tinordi is 1 inch taller and weighs just about the same.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Now I'm not saying it's going to happen or that he would be my favourite pick but...

Can we all just think about the uproar if the Habs draft a 6'04 (potentially 6'05) 215lb Center from Quebec in the 1st round who has top 6 potential? RDS would explode no doubt.

Just a little perspective regarding his size. Tinordi is 1 inch taller and weighs just about the same.
Who is Frederik Gauthier? If anyone wasn't sure..

Old
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Nitehowl

found this write up interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Who is Frederik Gauthier? If anyone wasn't sure..
The real issue with Frederik Gauthier is: Is he Radek Bonk, a large 3rd line defense first center, or is he Jordan Staal, a large 2nd line center who is good defensively but brings a significant offensive contribution. Those teams that are leaning to the Jordan Staal comparison will likely have him in the 8 to 13 range.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Et le But

Quote:

This is the opposite of what we should be looking to do, unless the pick we are getting to replace Plekanec is a Barkov, which is not happening.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Draft

Quote:
The real issue with Frederik Gauthier is: Is he Radek Bonk, a large 3rd line defense first center, or is he Jordan Staal, a large 2nd line center who is good defensively but brings a significant offensive contribution. Those teams that are leaning to the Jordan Staal comparison will likely have him in the 8 to 13 range.
Let's hope other teams think he's got a big Bonk, we can be there if he doesn't.

I agree with the comparison though, his ceiling isn't the highest but his size and defensive ability make him a safe pick (If you're using a late 1st and can deal with him only turning out to be a 3rd line C).

Old
04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Gauthier is a better skater. Bonk was a 55-70 point guy before the 1st lock ou.

Closed Thread