HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Front Office Crew Opinion

Old
04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
They might not be hockey guys, but they are businessmen. I suspect they know how to conduct interviews and select a capable president.
Agreed and Josh Kroenke doesn't strike me as a dumb person, plus what he did for the Nuggets instills confidence.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
I would hope that Sakic would be the no-brainer as new President. Not only does a move like that instill confidence from management on down, but it also sends out a good message to the fans. If the Kroenke's are as good of businessmen as people say, this move would have to be the one they would make if they ever got rid of Lacroix.

Renegade Stylings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I would hope that Sakic would be the no-brainer as new President.
I think he will be, but I am going to assume he has a lot more to learn on the business end of things.

Regardless, Lacroix isn't going anywhere IMO.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I think he will be, but I am going to assume he has a lot more to learn on the business end of things.

Regardless, Lacroix isn't going anywhere IMO.
Probably not, but all reports of Lacroix having the ear of Stan Kroenke has a few years on them.

Who knows what Josh Kroenke thinks of Lacroix or how he feels about losing?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:04 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Probably not, but all reports of Lacroix having the ear of Stan Kroenke has a few years on them.

Who knows what Josh Kroenke thinks of Lacroix or how he feels about losing?
Nobody really knows what Josh thinks about the Avs, but you can say that he doesn't stand for losing with the Nuggets. I hope he starts taking that hands on approach with the Avs.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I get a feeling a lot of you guys are going ADD and ADHD on the situation than having a bit of patience,
Patience? PATIENCE!? PATIENCE!?!?!?!

This team has finished an avg of 11th the last 3 seasons and that number looks to be getting worst this season yet the same coaches and GM's are there.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:14 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Patience? PATIENCE!? PATIENCE!?!?!?!

This team has finished an avg of 11th the last 3 seasons and that number looks to be getting worst this season yet the same coaches and GM's are there.
Who says we should (or are) a playoff team?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
dahrougem2

The front office sucks because we are probably the only team in the league who has not changed its philosophies since the 04-05 lockout, and that is terrifying. So, with that being said:

1) Stan Kroenke NEEDS to sell this team if they want to go back to their glory years. His main priorities right now are the Rams and Arsenal, with the Nuggets coming in 3rd, he and his son could care less about the Avalanche, I have no idea why they still have the team but this club desperately needs new owners to breathe new life into the franchise

2) Pierre Lacroix needs to either be fired or step down from his position and not be associated with the team anymore, and that goes for his son Eric too because I'd assume he's being trained by Pierre to be the same way. He built two stanley cups? Sure, in the pre-cap era, now tell me what he's done in the post-lockout salary cap era? Absolutely nothing, that's what. Its not that he's lost his touch because I believe if this was still a no-cap league, he'd thrive, but he just does not know how to manage a team with a salary cap. He never had to, so how would he know how? That's a huge issue

3) Greg Sherman needs to either be fired or step down. I get that there were very few defenseman available via free agency but if that doesn't make your team better, then the next best option is a trade and we have a very valuable trading chip in Paul Stastny. I love the guy to death but he could bring back a solid defenseman for this club and that's worth more to me than having him play as a 3rd line checking center behind Duchene and O'Reilly. That, and the fact that he still has not fired Sacco (Lacroix could be to blame for this too) is why he needs to go

4) Sacco needs to go, I don't even need to explain this one

5) In my own honest opinion, I'd like to have Patrick Roy take over both the GM and Head Coach positions on this team with Joe Sakic taking over as President of Hockey Operations. It may be risky, but Roy is a proven winner over in the Q, and even though its junior, I believe the guy just has "it". He's a winner. He's passionate, and I believe he can be the guy to get the job done for this team. Not to mention, I'm sure guys like Duchene and Landeskog and Seth Jones growing up avs fans would love to play for a childhood idol

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

Jeff Marek just said (implying he's heard rumblings, take it with a grain of salt) on MvsW that he thinks it will be a regime change in Colorado with *gasp* Eric Lacroix as GM.

Also, he doesn't think Roy would want to be coach in an organization that's down, since he likes to put himself in spots where he looks good and also might not want to be controlled by a GM.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:22 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Who says we should (or are) a playoff team?
Last season when we were in the hunt until the very end with Duchene putting up only 28 points is what says we should be a playoff team even with this garbage defense. Wilson/Johnson and Hejda/Barrie is a good enough top 4 to get you there and if you don't agree with that then just take a good look at the Senators defense

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Jeff Marek just said (implying he's heard rumblings, take it with a grain of salt) on MvsW that he thinks it will be a regime change in Colorado with *gasp* Eric Lacroix as GM.

Also, he doesn't think Roy would want to be coach in an organization that's down, since he likes to put himself in spots where he looks good and also might not want to be controlled by a GM.
Oh, what a shocker...

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

Quote:

Tony Granato here we come.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

Quote:

Is it really regime change when the prince takes his place on the right of the throne once he becomes of age and the placeholder is sent away?

Old
04-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:

The words regime change, and Eric Lacroix as GM contradict each other.

This would be the most ridiculous egotistical nepotism to date if PL hires his son. So he hasn't been part of the group deciding which players to bring in, and how to handle negotiations? That's his ***damn job! Has Sherman just been a patsy for PL to hand the reins over to his kid?????

We need to form some sort of pre-emptive strike to keep this from happening. Kroenke, your president is hiring all his family and friends and costing you money!!!!!!!

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:38 PM
That's "Mack"innon

Is there any indication that Eric would be a bad GM? Or are people just sick of the general nepotism?

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Is there any indication that Eric would be a bad GM? Or are people just sick of the general nepotism?
The latter... It would also be yet another sign that PL hasn't given up any control over the franchise.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
I've asked the same question. He has some experience, has payed his dues, and played in the NHL for a long time. I doubt he is the dope people make him out to be, but nobody knows. And regardless, the optics are bad.

I will make fun and joke at him, but I will also give him a chance if he is named GM.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Is it really regime change when the prince takes his place on the right of the throne once he becomes of age and the placeholder is sent away?
I think he meant both coach and GM will be replaced, not going into lineage.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Sherman hasn't even done that bad.. He should get a chance with a second coach.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

The truth is that none of us knows how will Eric do if he gets the nod, but that would be such a blatant example of nepotism that might be just too much to handle.

Last edited by Ivan13: 04-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

There are several examples of fathers and sons being GMs in the NHL (Poile, Fletcher). But I prefer it if the son goes on to carve his own path in another organization like those two examples.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:51 PM
That's "Mack"innon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I've asked the same question. He has some experience, has payed his dues, and played in the NHL for a long time. I doubt he is the dope people make him out to be, but nobody knows. And regardless, the optics are bad.

I will make fun and joke at him, but I will also give him a chance if he is named GM.
Yeah, me too.

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:03 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
There are several examples of fathers and sons being GMs in the NHL (Poile, Fletcher). But I prefer it if the son goes on to carve his own path in another organization like those two examples.
Bowmans' as well and so far they have been really solid, but when you're one of the best coaches, General Manager is like cakewalk.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Freudian
calmer than you are

One benefit to getting Eric Lacroix is that it would create more bizarre conspiracy theories on this board. They're usually entertaining for a while.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:10 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
One benefit to getting Eric Lacroix is that it would create more bizarre conspiracy theories on this board. They're usually entertaining for a while.
Gives us something in the offseason to complain about... we need more of that.