HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles to Brooklyn 2015 Part III **Preseason Game v Devils 9-21-13

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
stranger34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
So the community just got bigger, the more the merrier, what's the problem? It's not good enough for you? You're not grateful to still be able to attend games not in Quebec? I supported YOUR community for 40 years traveling 40 miles to do so but you don't want to return the favor....to still be able to see games live?

Your specific "community" led to the franchise's downfall and detriment. Yet you wanted that to continue?

Who are you kidding, you'll be at games in Brooklyn. See you there.
presumptious. who knows what 2 years from now brings, living situations etc. Maybe i'll be living in Brooklyn and be a season ticket holder too.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:40 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
i know you arent attacking, and therefore i feel bad doing this but i cant help it.....

go check out the local high school ice hockey team....THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY TEAM!
Yes, a professional sports team in a county owned arena placed in a suburb. There aren't many like it and in 2 years there will be one less.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Fine. I root for a hockey club, not a country club.
1. I don't follow the country club analogy

2. If it's the hockey club you follow and not the community, then theoretically you would follow them to any location.

Old
04-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Poliz24

Man you guys are really going after it on this discussion. But I will throw my two cents in. Either way you look at, you can blame anybody you want for the move. You can decide to still follow the team when they move to Brooklyn and you can ultimately decide whether or not to go to a game in Brooklyn. But whatever decision you make, you still get to see the Orange and Blue, with the Islander Crest. They are still here! They still exist and will after 2015. They didn't move and become another team. The fact that we are arguing about how we are or aren't going to follow the ISLANDERS in 2015, we should all be grateful for. Because it could be ALOT WORSE! We could all be saying "Please win a cup, before the team ceases to exist completely". So, I know we are very passionate about the Isles, but could we please just chilllllllllll.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Edr1971

Net season ticket holder and islander fan since '78. As someone who has been to Barclays a lot you are making big deal over the number of seats missing. In lowers the only seats that have to be changed from cement to metal is section 28 and 4 and this is because of the angle the are on currently. They will have to come up with something for the lowers on that end as well. But they can easily fill in movable seats into the Honda Club are near section 15 for additional seats.
I also do not believe the 14,500 does not count suites. If so so be it because that is what the revenue is all about. In addition 40/40 club memberships.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Good riddance. Fans like this boggle my mind. I moved to Florida-1,000+ miles away, and starting next year will get to see ONE Islander game in person a year. Cry me a river...boohoo. People can say whatever they will about Wang (and believe me I can't stand him)-BUT if there's ONE thing he did that's bend over backwards several times trying to keep the team on LI.

Let's be honest though people: it's not like LI loves the Islanders or anything. I know it's not reflected on HF-but seriously I remember living there and I knew of (LITERALLY) THREE other Island fans. My dad, and two of my friends (who're brothers). And that's IT. Period. Talk about pathetic.

I blame the people of LI for the move more than anything else. Sad but true.
We'll see them alternating 1 time, 2 times if I understand the realignment. I'm hoping we'll see the Isles twice next season down here since they were only here once this year. Living away from the NYC, LI area has in a sense allowed us to be more appreciative of the Isles since we see them live so rarely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
I'm happy the team is staying in New York and I hate complaining, but I do have some major concerns that I wish we would hear more about:

1. The scoreboard being off center and obstructing the view.
2. The TV cameras and where they will be positioned for watching on tv.

I get a little OCD about things like this so these are major concerns for me. However, I love my Islanders and will continue to root for them forever, but I would like to hear about how they are going to solve these problems. I'm still in shock that the Barclays center was configured to fit a hockey rink. Someone needs to be slapped on the wrist for that one.

We'll find out in September VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
@NYIslanders: BREAKING NEWS - #Isles to play first #NHL game at @BarclaysCenter in preseason game on Sept. 21, 2013 v. #NJDevils. http://t.co/4S94NmHgsw
Can't wait!!!

04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliz24 View Post
Man you guys are really going after it on this discussion. But I will throw my two cents in. Either way you look at, you can blame anybody you want for the move. You can decide to still follow the team when they move to Brooklyn and you can ultimately decide whether or not to go to a game in Brooklyn. But whatever decision you make, you still get to see the Orange and Blue, with the Islander Crest. They are still here! They still exist and will after 2015. They didn't move and become another team. The fact that we are arguing about how we are or aren't going to follow the ISLANDERS in 2015, we should all be grateful for. Because it could be ALOT WORSE! We could all be saying "Please win a cup, before the team ceases to exist completely". So, I know we are very passionate about the Isles, but could we please just chilllllllllll.

Oh, I agree.

How crappy would it be if the isles name, logo and colors just ceased, were dropped?

If our players suddenly were playing in another city, thanking those fans for their support?

I've seen a couple of comments from Winnipeg players, about how great it is in Winnipeg, how great the fan support is. That's kind of a backhanded swipe at Thrasher fans. Some of whom probably were diehards, supporting the Thrashers.

Bottom line for me is that the isles are still in the NY metro area. We still have our logo and colors.

Old
04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Going to close this for now to allow everyone to cool off a bit. We'll reopen later.

A reminder though, everyone is entitled to feel how they feel about the move. Some will follow, and some will abandon. Respect each other!!!

Old
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups

Islanders will play the Devils in a preseason game at the Barclays Center on Sept 2nd

Just saw this posted on the "All Things Islanders" Facebook page. Not sure if its 100% true but by the looks of it, it is. I'll definitely be there, as I want to walk around and see the different sightlines for our new home.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Steve55

And the plot thickens.

Old
04-09-2013, 10:05 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
We'll see them alternating 1 time, 2 times if I understand the realignment. I'm hoping we'll see the Isles twice next season down here since they were only here once this year. Living away from the NYC, LI area has in a sense allowed us to be more appreciative of the Isles since we see them live so rarely.

We'll find out in September VVV

Can't wait!!!
Thanks for clearing that up! Makes me feel a little better about realignment! And what a shame-they were going to be the Lightning's home opener this year haha. And I agree seeing them 1-2 times a year really makes you appreciate it so much more!

As for the topic of the thread, I think the move marks a new era in Islanders history. We have great (and very terrible) history at the NVMC-and it's part of what makes the franchise. But I prefer to look into the future-and not into the past. After all as a 26 year old Isles fan-I don't have many fond memories of this team. This is a new chapter in Islander history-and it opens up a lot more possibilities, and ends some of the limitations that they're currently playing with.

Old
04-10-2013, 05:49 PM
CREW99AW

Like most of the fans in the focus group, I'll be pretty pissed if the isles change their colors or name.

http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrevi...iform-changes/
Islanders fans asked about name, color changes
By Paul Squire | 04/10/2013 5:24 PM | Main Story, Sports
The resident, who asked to remain anonymous, said he took part in a session that raised the idea of dropping orange from the team’s jerseys and changing the team’s name to just “Islanders Hockey.”

“It was really about the move and about what kind of jersey they’re going to have,” the resident said of the focus group. “They were really pushing to lose the orange color and be like the old Brooklyn Dodgers.”

Old
04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Surfrat

God forbid. The fisherman was bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Like most of the fans in the focus group, I'll be pretty pissed if the isles change their colors or name.

The resident, who asked to remain anonymous, said he took part in a session that raised the idea of dropping orange from the team’s jerseys and changing the team’s name to just “Islanders Hockey.”

“It was really about the move and about what kind of jersey they’re going to have,” the resident said of the focus group. “They were really pushing to lose the orange color and be like the old Brooklyn Dodgers.”

Old
04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Pnut

Quote:

Quote:
The focus group, which he said was run by IC International, also asked how fans felt about teams with celebrity owners.

The resident said IC International, which is based in Hicksville, didn’t say they were working for the Islanders, but he added the questions clearly made the team the focus.
Seems like they are looking to sell ideas to the Islanders. The Islanders have said publicly that the team will not change their name or colors.
This is garbage until otherwise. Not because it didnt happen, but whether they have anything to do with the Islanders.

Old
04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Seems like they are looking to sell ideas to the Islanders. The Islanders have said publicly that the team will not change their name or colors.
This is garbage until otherwise. Not because it didnt happen, but whether they have anything to do with the Islanders.
I hope you are right.

I don't want the logo, name or colors changed.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:

From the article:
There was one opinion that seemed unanimous amongst the group, he said.

“Everyone felt that it wasn’t really the Islanders anymore,” he said.

Apparently people need a geography lesson. People can be so dumb!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
From the article:
There was one opinion that seemed unanimous amongst the group, he said.

“Everyone felt that it wasn’t really the Islanders anymore,” he said.

Apparently people need a geography lesson. People can be so dumb!

Old
04-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Steve55

Quote:

The Isles should just add Brooklyn and Queens to their logo period. I just hope the NHL goes back to home whites. If the teams want to wear color at home, then they should wear dark jerseys on the road. Canucks and Penguins wore yellow at home and black on the road in the 80s.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:15 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Did anybody see this line?

"The focus group... also asked how fans felt about teams with celebrity owners."

Old
04-11-2013, 12:30 AM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post

"The focus group... also asked how fans felt about teams with celebrity owners."
Who knew Jay-Z was interested in buying the Isles???

Actually, news just broke that Jay-Z is selling his tiny share of the Nets with the hopes of becoming a player agent.

I'm sure it's much to do about nothing. Unless a famous Brooklynite wants a very small piece of the franchise. Who was born in Brooklyn and is loaded? Seinfeld? lol

Old
04-11-2013, 12:30 AM
DktrFaustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post

i don't know what you're driving at exactly, but i doubt that it's going to happen now, if it was ever going to happen in the first place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jay-z-s...8719--nba.html

Old
04-11-2013, 12:33 AM
DktrFaustus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I'm sure it's much to do about nothing. Unless a famous Brooklynite wants a very small piece of the franchise. Who was born in Brooklyn and is loaded? Seinfeld? lol
we could always use george costanza whenever nabby retires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hZmFDE2ts

Old
04-11-2013, 06:58 AM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DktrFaustus View Post
i don't know what you're driving at exactly, but i doubt that it's going to happen now, if it was ever going to happen in the first place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jay-z-s...8719--nba.html
Actually not driving at anything, just pointing out a question that seemed as significant as a jersey question. IMO the whole thing is probably not much of anything, including the jersey part.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Who knew Jay-Z was interested in buying the Isles???

Actually, news just broke that Jay-Z is selling his tiny share of the Nets with the hopes of becoming a player agent.

Old
04-11-2013, 01:46 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

Maybe Billy Joel?
Or Kevin Connolly? Wasn't Connolly link to a LaFontaine rumored purchase?

Closed Thread