HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GAME #40 - Canucks @ Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 10:32 AM
  #26
Grumbler
Registered User
 
Grumbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
I want to see double digits score this game.

Grumbler is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
  #27
CanucksRollin
Tweet@CanucksOnARoll
 
CanucksRollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,926
vCash: 462
I say 3-1 Canucks. Hopefully we get two points cause we have a 12:00 game with the avs we know how the Canucks hate early games.

CanucksRollin is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 10:43 AM
  #28
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 500
Our guys look like the finally found the switch...and then switched it back on.

If we play the way we did against Phoenix, we will blow Calgary out and send them limping back to the foothills with their flames between their legs,

ddawg1950 is online now  
Old
04-09-2013, 11:59 AM
  #29
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Our guys look like the finally found the switch...and then switched it back on.

If we play the way we did against Phoenix, we will blow Calgary out and send them limping back to the foothills with their flames between their legs,
The Edmonton and Phoenix efforts were terrific, but they book-ended a pretty dreadful outing against Calgary on Saturday. We rode our hot goaltender whilst taking advantage of their awful one.

Only so many times we can take Calgary for granted before they manage to burn us (pun intended), so hopefully the team comes out with the same effort they brought against Edmonton and Phoenix in this one.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:02 PM
  #30
medhatcanuck
Registered User
 
medhatcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Inside JayZ's Belly
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Give Schneids CGY. AV has consistently given the SO goalie the next start. Give Luo the Blues.

medhatcanuck is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
  #31
Timmer44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Van City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Did anyone see McGrattan try to get a hit in on Daniel early in the last game, only for Daniel to side-step him, McGrattan to blow a tire, and fall face-first into the boards?

LOL's were had...
Looks like Weise knocked McGrattan out of the game with the hit in the second period. He has an "upper body injury" so he probably wont be a threat this week.

Timmer44 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
  #32
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,070
vCash: 500
Got club seat tickets to this one. Please just don't embarrass me again Canucks.

PRNuck is online now  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:09 PM
  #33
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Give Schneids CGY. AV has consistently given the SO goalie the next start. Give Luo the Blues.
The goalie with the SO has always gotten the next start, so I gather we'll see Schneider between the pipes.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  #34
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
My feeling is that Luongo will get one game tops before the playoffs and it will be the one against the Preds. That's it.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
  #35
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The Edmonton and Phoenix efforts were terrific, but they book-ended a pretty dreadful outing against Calgary on Saturday. We rode our hot goaltender whilst taking advantage of their awful one.

Only so many times we can take Calgary for granted before they manage to burn us (pun intended), so hopefully the team comes out with the same effort they brought against Edmonton and Phoenix in this one.
True.

I had erased that from my mind.

Denial.

ddawg1950 is online now  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
  #36
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
My feeling is that Luongo will get one game tops before the playoffs and it will be the one against the Preds. That's it.
Yeah its pretty sad. Schneider has been unbelievable though. I think they're angling for the Vezina for him and his game count is a little low.

Outside99* is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
  #37
Northbad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver, B.C
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
With the way Schneider is rolling, I definitely think Luongo's only getting a start in the back to back games against NSH/STL.

Northbad is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:27 PM
  #38
cotillion
Registered User
 
cotillion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PoCo
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The Edmonton and Phoenix efforts were terrific, but they book-ended a pretty dreadful outing against Calgary on Saturday. We rode our hot goaltender whilst taking advantage of their awful one.

Only so many times we can take Calgary for granted before they manage to burn us (pun intended), so hopefully the team comes out with the same effort they brought against Edmonton and Phoenix in this one.
Mmm seems to remember a recent edmonton game that wasn't so hot

That being said. I think we play like crap again and win 87-0. Schneider faces 312 shots. Every forward has a hattie and bieksa has 50 goals. Reinhart with an own goal.

cotillion is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
  #39
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
Mmm seems to remember a recent edmonton game that wasn't so hot

That being said. I think we play like crap again and win 87-0. Schneider faces 312 shots. Every forward has a hattie and bieksa has 50 goals. Reinhart with an own goal.
I was talking about the last three games.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
  #40
Nucker101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
Calgary's been playing pretty well lately(considering their roster and situation), can't take teams like this lightly that are out of it and have players playing for pride and some playing for jobs or new contracts ext year. I think the Canucks were sort of expecting the Flames to roll over after the early goal on Saturday and instead the Flames played pretty hard the entire game. That being said, I'm expecting a really strong first 20-30 minutes in a convincing 4-1 win.

Nucker101 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  #41
blendini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Calgary works hard and plays well against the Canucks. They should be taken seriously. The only reason they lost the last game was because of Schneids' play. The Canucks should not take the night off. They need to continue to work at improving their special teams and staying focused for 60mins.

blendini is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  #42
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Yeah its pretty sad. Schneider has been unbelievable though. I think they're angling for the Vezina for him and his game count is a little low.
his game count isn't that far off anymore (Bobrovsky has been considered a Vezina candidate this season with only 4 more games played), and all his other numbers are Vezina worthy.

Among goalies that have played at least 20 games, Schneider is 1st in shutouts, tied for 1st in save% and 3rd in GAA.

NFITO is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:18 PM
  #43
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,711
vCash: 50
One thing I noticed about last game is that the team actually looks happy to be playing hockey again. So many smiles when Kesler scored that first goal. I think everyone is relieved that he is back. He was flying last game.


Go Canucks Go! I think this game will be a blowout.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:19 PM
  #44
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,655
vCash: 500
Jamieson tweeted Higgins wasn't at practice this morning, I only watched the first two periods last night.

Anything noteworthy?

Velociraptor is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  #45
Zombotron
WD-57
 
Zombotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
One thing I noticed about last game is that the team actually looks happy to be playing hockey again. So many smiles when Kesler scored that first goal. I think everyone is relieved that he is back. He was flying last game.


Go Canucks Go! I think this game will be a blowout.
If his absence was weighing down upon them, I'm not surprised at all. They looked amazing last game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Jamieson tweeted Higgins wasn't at practice this morning, I only watched the first two periods last night.

Anything noteworthy?
I think I saw him get crunched at one point...

Zombotron is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:21 PM
  #46
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Jamieson tweeted Higgins wasn't at practice this morning, I only watched the first two periods last night.

Anything noteworthy?
I would argue that Higgins was the best Canuck on the ice. So maybe he was just tired from being awesome?

In all seriousness, I hope he's alright. He really was damn good yesterday.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
  #47
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??
 
Velociraptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maritimes
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I would argue that Higgins was the best Canuck on the ice. So maybe he was just tired from being awesome?

In all seriousness, I hope he's alright. He really was damn good yesterday.
He was phenomenal last night! Imagine if that behind the back pass to Roy connected for a goal, I would've went insane.

Velociraptor is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
  #48
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Give Schneids CGY. AV has consistently given the SO goalie the next start. Give Luo the Blues.
Lou already has the Blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Jamieson tweeted Higgins wasn't at practice this morning,
Paging Flames1084, paging Flames1084...

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:46 PM
  #49
Ozone
Stache-in-Rink
 
Ozone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
@JamiesonCanucks32m
#Canucks D-pairs: Edler-Bieksa; Hamhuis-Garrison; Alberts-Ballard. Same as game Monday. Pinizzotto with Barker on 4th pairing

Ozone is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 01:49 PM
  #50
Rick Sanchez
Wub a lub a dub dub
 
Rick Sanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Center of nowhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
@FarhanLaljiTSN 4m
Higgins gear is still in his stall. Not packed for trip. #canucks

Rick Sanchez is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.