HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2013-2014 Rosters: Re-arrange the chairs on this sinking ship

Old
04-09-2013, 02:30 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
One of Blum or Ellis should go. They are kind of redundant. On the smaller side, right handed and need protected minutes at this point. If they are played together, they are exposed but if they are split up, the second and third pairings need to be protected and you just can't do that.

Ryan isn't coming here for a package of Hornqvist/Ellis and a 1st.

I'd love to add Streit but why would he come here? He's better off staying in NY at this point.

I honestly think we don't make many moves this offseason, as always. I think it's time to let the young kids play and see what we have.

Wilson flanked by Forsberg and Bourque maybe.

Legwand flanked by Beck and Hornqvist has seemed to work pretty well.

Watson flanked by Fisher and SK.

Gaustad flanked by Spaling and either Clune or Yip.

I'd be happy with that to be perfectly honest. Depending on where we pick in the draft can also alter these lines. Any way we look at it though most every body is slotted on the correct line. People can say what they want about Bourque but he's a hard worker and sometimes you need that on a line to compliment the other players. He was also the leading goal scorer of this team when he went down so he has the potential to net 30 which is a top line player in this league.

Slot in a second pairing defenseman to go with Klein and I think we're set.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipthefuture View Post
With all of this trade Blum talk I just dont see it happening. As bad as we say he has been playing dont you think other teams can see that as well, so why would they want him. I see us resigning him giving him another year with the team and then possible just letting him go if he doesnt step up.
Some of us talked about this on an earlier trade thread, but I agree and just don't think he has as much value as some seem to think he does. I could see him getting re-signed for a one-year deal as you suggest, and possibly being waived if he doesn't cut it, or else I see him not getting qualified.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Filipthefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
Rich Pevereley'd
Exactly

Filipthefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Streit would be exactly what this blueline needs.

Last edited by Enoch: 04-09-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Edit: Enstrom reupped with WPG
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Iron Duke

Nobody else seeing Wilson as pretty set as a wing at this point?

Only took 21 faceoffs in his 25 games, compared to 100 for Mueller (in 10), 170 for Smith, and significantly higher for Spaling, Gaustad, Fisher and Legwand. The way this team tends to play without a true top 6, often opting for a top 9 setup, I would have figured that Trotz would have built a line around Fisher, Legwand, and Wilson, if the plan was for him to be a center going forward, rather than using Smith or Spaling there.

Old
04-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Streit or Enstrom would be exactly what this blueline needs.
Enstrom is a very solid defenseman, but not sure why Winnipeg would unload him with 5 years still left on his deal. I figure they would rather try to dump Buffy over him.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Nobody else seeing Wilson as pretty set as a wing at this point?.
No, but only because Trotz himself said he was planning on working Wilson into the middle more and would have groomed him for center in the offseason if not for the lockout. So I think Wilson will get a good chance at center next year. And if reports of Forsberg being a winger only are correct, then having Wilson as his center could be a great combination.

If the team gets a chance to draft Barkov too...

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Nobody else seeing Wilson as pretty set as a wing at this point?

Only took 21 faceoffs in his 25 games, compared to 100 for Mueller (in 10), 170 for Smith, and significantly higher for Spaling, Gaustad, Fisher and Legwand. The way this team tends to play without a true top 6, often opting for a top 9 setup, I would have figured that Trotz would have built a line around Fisher, Legwand, and Wilson, if the plan was for him to be a center going forward, rather than using Smith or Spaling there.
When Wilson was playing we had Fisher, Legwand, Gaustad and Spaling all playing. Mueller has been in injury call up for Gaustad and Fisher.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Enstrom is a very solid defenseman, but not sure why Winnipeg would unload him with 5 years still left on his deal. I figure they would rather try to dump Buffy over him.
Ugh. I forgot he was extended.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
No, but only because Trotz himself said he was planning on working Wilson into the middle more and would have groomed him for center in the offseason if not for the lockout. So I think Wilson will get a good chance at center next year. And if reports of Forsberg being a winger only are correct, then having Wilson as his center could be a great combination.

If the team gets a chance to draft Barkov too...
Interesting to hear. Hopefully a full off-season and camp will make that possible.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Nashville Transplant

you need Hal Gill on this blueline... if only for what he brings on the PK. Let's face it, he was never fast, and always a potential liability, but his veteran presence and "genetics" make him a valuable commodity if he still believes he has gas in the tank.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Filipthefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
One of Blum or Ellis should go. They are kind of redundant. On the smaller side, right handed and need protected minutes at this point. If they are played together, they are exposed but if they are split up, the second and third pairings need to be protected and you just can't do that.

Ryan isn't coming here for a package of Hornqvist/Ellis and a 1st.

I'd love to add Streit but why would he come here? He's better off staying in NY at this point.

I honestly think we don't make many moves this offseason, as always. I think it's time to let the young kids play and see what we have.

Wilson flanked by Forsberg and Bourque maybe.

Legwand flanked by Beck and Hornqvist has seemed to work pretty well.

Watson flanked by Fisher and SK.

Gaustad flanked by Spaling and either Clune or Yip.

I'd be happy with that to be perfectly honest. Depending on where we pick in the draft can also alter these lines. Any way we look at it though most every body is slotted on the correct line. People can say what they want about Bourque but he's a hard worker and sometimes you need that on a line to compliment the other players. He was also the leading goal scorer of this team when he went down so he has the potential to net 30 which is a top line player in this league.

Slot in a second pairing defenseman to go with Klein and I think we're set.
Your lines seem almost perfect but if you could switch Bourque with Nathan Horton or one of the highly skilled players coming out of the draft, that would be an offensive show that Preds fans havent seen in a while

Old
04-10-2013, 08:47 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Nobody else seeing Wilson as pretty set as a wing at this point?.
As noted, BT said the intent was to move him there this year but didn't happen cause of the shortened camp. So, you'd still think that the plan is to move him. Plus, given Smith hasn't really stepped up, we don't really have a choice, IMHO. Rolling Fish and Leggy might get us through next year and DP may sign Leggy to one more contract, but I can't believe that we're gonna' roll them as our top 2 centers much longer.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:30 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
just wanted to throw out my opinion that our ship isnt "sinking" it simply has a broken propulsion system. The hull (defense and goaltending) is intact, but there is nothing to drive the ship(scoring), and one of the propellers unscrewed itself and fell off(Erat).

Fix the engine this summer, get a new prop, and the SS Predators will be right back in the hunt

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The title is tongue-in-cheek

04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I think it will be interesting. Lets say the Preds get a #5 or better pick. I say they get Raduloved Milwaukee for a week the Nashville. What if Nashville wins and drafts Jones?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The title is tongue-in-cheek
ok cool, and for the record I believe the entire problem with this season can be blamed on the fact that we never got around to making an official avatar for this year...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I think it will be interesting. Lets say the Preds get a #5 or better pick. I say they get Raduloved Milwaukee for a week the Nashville. What if Nashville wins and drafts Jones?
Have you had a few drinks or have I?

Old
04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Have you had a few drinks or have I?
I have not beer and drunk today. I am soberly perfect.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 12:58 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ok cool, and for the record I believe the entire problem with this season can be blamed on the fact that we never got around to making an official avatar for this year...
didnt even notice...

next year we must

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Filipthefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatcat999 View Post
i think it will be interesting. Lets say the preds get a #5 or better pick. I say they get raduloved milwaukee for a week the nashville. What if nashville wins and drafts jones?
i agree ........ What did i just agree with

Old
04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

kind of off topic, but one thing I will say about radulov, is that he played with more passion then most if not all of our current roster.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Passion or unbridled youth enthusiasm?

Can someone translate BFC's post?

Old
04-11-2013, 03:39 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Sorry was at work on the iPhone

In my mind the drop ends at the top 5. In my mind we could see a player drafted. Spend the 1st week of the season in Milwaukee and then get up, like Radulov.

But i have to ask this. What if Nashville wins the lotto and drafts Jones?

Josi-Weber
Jones-Klein

Or does Nashville do the unthinkable, draft Jones and offer Weber for a 1st line. No, I'm not on crack. (I wish sometimes) Nashville has paid an UNGODLY amount of Weber's contract and they could say. 'Yeah if you want Weber you are going to pay through the nose.'

I personally think that Nashville will get between 3-5 and get a damn good player. In my mind the drops will be this.

A+ players 1-5
A players 6-10

They claim Monahan is a complete 2-way player. Shinkaruk interests me because he's got grit with goal scoring 'Stan Mikita'. If Nashville gets #3 they will get the tasty leftovers between Jones, MacK, and Drouin.

I want to know what wing will Forsberg play? Drouin is a LW, Nichuskin is a RW. Depth chart wise.

?-fisher-?

And the rest of the mix of forwards.

What I hope is this: draft a wing on the opposite side of Forsberg then sign a VET center in FA.

I really want to see where the Preds pick post draft. Each pick down or up means something.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote