HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Goaltending Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
a goalie's view on poor Team D & lack of urgency / effort:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...ractice/12915/
The Flyers are better defensively than the Avalanche, so it's pretty irrelevant. Colorado, in general, is worse than the Flyers. So how does this excuse Bryz? How is showing that Colorado isn't good, prove anything about Bryz?

04-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:

Hey, so what's the reasoning behind bryz's massive shootout % drop where it's not his fault?

Old
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
Hey, so what's the reasoning behind bryz's massive shootout % drop where it's not his fault?
I can't explain that, but if he only sucked in shootouts I honestly wouldn't care.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I can't explain that, but if he only sucked in shootouts I honestly wouldn't care.
Oh, I know why his shootout #s dropped so much, and so do most other people here (same reason all his other numbers tanked). I just want to hear BP74's super-bryz-supporter's rationale. I'll be impressed if he can spin it in a way that makes it not-bryz's-fault when the shootouts don't involve a "terrible flyers defense" or "unstoppable deflections"

This is a 5* thread for some good laughs!

Old
04-09-2013, 04:24 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Oh, I know why his shootout #s dropped so much, and so do most other people here (same reason all his other numbers tanked). I just want to hear BP74's super-bryz-supporter's rationale. I'll be impressed if he can spin it in a way that makes it not-bryz's-fault when the shootouts don't involve a "terrible flyers defense" or "unstoppable deflections"

This is a 5* thread for some good laughs!
Clearly it is the refs fault!! Their black and white stripes make it seem like there are zebras on the ice, creating a distraction.

Old
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Clearly it is the refs fault!! Their black and white stripes make it seem like there are zebras on the ice, creating a distraction.

Bryz has paranoid delusions of the space zebras from planet Zeta invading Earth!

Old
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Bryz has paranoid delusions of the space zebras from planet Zeta invading Earth!
Exactly!

Seriously though, I don't think you will get an answer for that question. There is no way to put the blame on anything else unless the refs are breaking a rule by not allowing the Flyers to send their d-men out during the shootout. Shame on the Flyers defense to leave Bryz hanging like that.

Old
04-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
That gave me a twitch. It better not be permanent.

To be fair, I'm not convinced Reese could have coached Bob to that next level...and he was raw/unpolished enough that he needed coaching refinement. Reese had the guy for two years and there wasn't a whole lot of change in his form, despite him having a couple obvious flaws. He spends some time with other coaches (if he had one in the KHL), and boom. Solved. We know the guy is coachable, so what was Reese doing with him?

Old
04-09-2013, 05:51 PM
FlyersFan61290

bob winning the vezina would be the ultimate kick in the nuts. not saying he would be doing just as well here but it's hard to imagine him being substantially worse than say .920 on the flyers when he's got a .927 in Columbus. flyers did get a good g prospect out of it but seriously...

Old
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
ArmchairGM

As those previous shootout stats show, there is something way more than just the system ailing Bryz. He just doesn't even look competent in net, and it's not just on goals, but his movements, save selection, and demeanor. He doesn't even look competent now, and no matter how sheltered you want to say he was in Phoenix, you can tell he's just completely lost in a way he wasn't in Phoenix. He's seriously regressed.

He looks defeated, and I don't think he ever recovered from last year. And it doesn't help that they played him to death. I remember the Florida game a while back when he still had good numbers and you could just tell he needed a rest, shame they kept playing him.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

bob was bad at shootouts too. maybe it's the fact that they don't practice them and reese sucks at his job. that doesn't excuse bryz but maybe.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Torquenstein

In typical Flyers tradition I call shut-out for Mason!

Old
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

Thank you for posting this. I was just saying to myself: "WWJD?" (What Would Jean-Sebastian Do?).

And apparently the answer is "Go on an angry tirade about team defense".

JS-Giguere's (.911 save % on the year) thoughts on Colorado's defense just makes it so clear how what's going on in Philadelphia isn't Bryz's fault.

Oh no, wait, no it doesn't, because his comments are about his isolated experience in Colorado and have no bearing on our situation in Philadelphia, nor are they applicable to our situation in Philadelphia. Giguere has no clue what the locker-room is like in Philly, what type of effort is being given, what types of breakdowns are occurring.

Honestly, you've hit a new low in your attempts to defend Bryz by posting another goalie's comments about his experiences with another team and trying to act like they perfectly describe Philadelphia.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

@BroadStBull
Bryz on his 2.88 GAA & .896 SP. "Stats not always reflect what's real. I remember once Wayne Gretzky told me stats are for losers."

Old
04-09-2013, 06:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Bryzgalov is a guy whose lone motivation for playing in the NHL is money. He doesn't care about his teammates, he doesn't care about the fans, he doesn't care where he's playing or even if he's starting, or if he's winning so long as he's getting paid.

Here's another pathetic Bryz interview where he admits that he "doesn't care" if he gets bought out, "doesn't care" if he's playing in Philadelphia next year, that he's relieved that Mason is starting tonight because he's 33 years old and is feeling more aches and pains than he used to, oh, and he also says the stats don't tell the whole story about his abysmal performance.

What a bum.

LINK: http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...er-no-control-

Old
04-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Bryzgalov is a guy whose lone motivation for playing in the NHL is money. He doesn't care about his teammates, he doesn't care about the fans, he doesn't care where he's playing or even if he's starting, or if he's winning so long as he's getting paid.

Here's another pathetic Bryz interview where he admits that he "doesn't care" if he gets bought out, "doesn't care" if he's playing in Philadelphia next year, that he's relieved that Mason is starting tonight because he's 33 years old and is feeling more aches and pains than he used to, oh, and he also says the stats don't tell the whole story about his abysmal performance.

What a bum.

Um, no. Bryz is a goof, but he definitely cares about how he plays. You're just not understanding how his noodle works.

Old
04-09-2013, 07:06 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:

What a bum.

Part of me enjoys how relaxed his attitude is. The other part of me thinks that he may not have the right attitude to be a long term success; complacency trends towards mediocrity.

Edit: complacency might not be the right word, but he never sounds competitive enough in his interviews.

04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

What a bum.

You read far too much into everything. You are the antithesis of BP1974. For as much as he blindly defends him, you blindly hate him.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

our defense blows.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Devastate

Well Mason didn't play badly.

Bob with another shut out

Old
04-09-2013, 09:42 PM
GTopCheese

I missed the first two periods. Any verdicts on Mason?

Old
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
he looked like bryzgalov but backwards. his glove was in the wrong hand.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
He was slightly better than mediocre IMO........that's about the ceiling for Flyers goalies these days.

Old
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
he looked like bryzgalov but backwards. his glove was in the wrong hand.
He did make a right handed robbery as JJ exclaimed (vs left handed larceny).

Old
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Flyerfan4life

personaly i liked what i saw from Mason..

i think he got more comfortable as the game went on.

at no point was he not fighting for pucks or scrambling to make saves when knocked down.

shame the team is a utter basket case in front of him.

but i think he'll be fine, theres no way he should feel bad tonite.

he made some amazing saves we havent been seeing recently.

hopefully they give him the rest of the season, since its def. safe to say its over now.

Closed Thread