HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2013, 03:02 PM
ToastCharger

vCash: 500
Wow. That guy looks like he'll become something really good. Makes me realize that I probably got a little over excited by the guy I found. Ah well, guess I'll learn with some more experience.

Also, just a general question. I wanted to start a game with the Senators but for whatever reason they have two ECHL teams instead of an AHL affiliate as well, making it very difficult to handle the roster. Is there a way to fix this? Sorry if it was mentioned before, I just figured I may as well ask it now.

Old
04-06-2013, 08:00 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastCharger View Post
Wow. That guy looks like he'll become something really good. Makes me realize that I probably got a little over excited by the guy I found. Ah well, guess I'll learn with some more experience.

Also, just a general question. I wanted to start a game with the Senators but for whatever reason they have two ECHL teams instead of an AHL affiliate as well, making it very difficult to handle the roster. Is there a way to fix this? Sorry if it was mentioned before, I just figured I may as well ask it now.
He'll probably become decent, yeah it just takes practice to noticing what kind of players usually end up good and which don't. One thing is I find college players generally have less rep than players in the Canadian junior program, so you can get a few of them in the 2nd/3rd round that are good.

I'm not sure what the original DB is like... I would think every NHL team would have an AHL affiliate but I know for the Devils in the 2012/2013 DB, they just have ECHL affiliates and yes, it is incredibly annoying but you can't do anything about it without editing the DB. What I would do, and what I will do before next using an updated roster is make more teams share AHL affiliates so I can at least have one AHL team to send guys down to cause it's annoying having to loan guys out, especially if they refuse to report.

Old
04-07-2013, 03:23 PM
WhoahNow

Quote:

On the TBL database the Stars had two echl teams too. If you have the pre-game editor you can change them to AHL, not sure about midseason though.

Old
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
ToastCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
On the TBL database the Stars had two echl teams too. If you have the pre-game editor you can change them to AHL, not sure about midseason though.
At least I know to use the pre-game editor before starting a new game. Thanks.

Despite being the top ranked team in pre-season, the Blues are choking hard. I must suck at tactics or something.

Old
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

11 years into my Devils game, Kovalchuk is 38 years old, the team is absolutely on fire, sweeping the Penguins in the 1st round of the playoffs and currently up 2-0 on the Capitals in the 2nd round.

My team last won a championship in 2014. In 2017, they look poised to do it again.

My lines -

Ilya Kovalchuk-Travis Zajac-Max Friberg
Bobby Ryan-Bruce Patrick*-Peter Lundmark*
Jamie Benn-Michael Frolik-Vladimir Zharkov
Frazer McLaren-Zach Neal*-Rick Lizotte*

Victor Hedman-Adam Larsson
Ryan Suter-Luke Schenn
Jon Merill-Jeremy Clermont*

Tukka Rask
Jeff Frazee

*Draft picks, I don't know what regens they are, but they're ****ing good players

Old
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Will it be possible to edit EHM to include the NHL's realignment?

Old
04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I believe the league structures are hard-coded into the game.

Old
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

oh. That could be potentially crippling. Thankfully FHM should be out and in full force by next season

Old
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

I don't know why but as soon as I saw his name I wondered what kind of player he was

Old
04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

Question I have always wondered:

How does staff (Coach or Scout) overall ability relate to their non player skills.

Example:

Coach with 200 overall but like 10's for coaching forwards/defense/etc

vs

Coach with 100 overall but 20's for coaching forwards/defense/etc

Does anyone know how they compare?

Old
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
ToastCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Passmore
Oh man. Would've been even better if he was a goalscorer.

As for that staff question, I never even knew you could check someone's overall ability. I'd always choose the one with 20s in the coaching abilities however.

Also, the hockey gods are just messing with me now. I thought my team was good enough to win it all this season as we had a stacked top two lines, but of course...

Old
04-09-2013, 04:22 PM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

It is an attribute in the pregame editor.

Old
04-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

My superstar guy is gonna be 38 next year and I need to shed salary to accomodate my younger guys. I don't wanna let him go to another team, but I also don't want to get rid of 3-4 good youngsters to squeeze under the cap.

Damn it.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:08 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
My superstar guy is gonna be 38 next year and I need to shed salary to accomodate my younger guys. I don't wanna let him go to another team, but I also don't want to get rid of 3-4 good youngsters to squeeze under the cap.

Damn it.
I know how you feel about wanting to keep the players. My Orr regen and my perfect player Fedor's careers are starting to wind down but I could never let them go... Fedor has 4000+ career points, I wonder if I will get asked if I want to retire his number (he did however have one year with the Sens...).

As for the coaching question, I have no clue how it relates for overall vs. individual skills.

Old
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
ToastCharger

So Berglund returned from his injury and in the RETURN GAME he tears his ACL again! Needless to say after how much his attributes dropped with the first injury, I think Berglund will never be the same.

Old
04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
So Berglund returned from his injury and in the RETURN GAME he tears his ACL again! Needless to say after how much his attributes dropped with the first injury, I think Berglund will never be the same.
that's about when I open up task manager, close the program and give it another go. Also, I notice guys stats go down a bit if out for a while but usually bounce back for me once they're healed.

I try not to cheat like that anymore. I've managed to sign a bunch of my guys to 9 year contracts at 2-3 mil/year contracts (one guy I got for 1.5 mil per ) so I don't do the 56k bug as much. I can't wait for my Habs dynasty to finish because I'm looking forward to a new challenge. Still likely gonna go the junior or Europe path but the Flyers have been 15th for the last couple years, wouldn't mind building them up especially because there's a Russian center up for draft this year with some really good attributes.

Old
04-10-2013, 08:36 AM
ToastCharger

I think it's time to let Chris Stewart and David Perron go. Both had mediocre seasons (under 7 rating each, about 40-something points) and both want to get contracts at 5mil/season. I couldn't win a cup with the current St. Louis team.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

my 2017 NJ Devils were beaten in 6 games in the Eastern Conference Final against a ****ing stacked Habs team that had Crosby/Getzlaf as their top 2 centers.

To add to my troubles, Adam Larsson, who has been my team's best D-man for 11 years decided he wants a "new challenge" and won't be re-signing with me.

Old
04-10-2013, 01:13 PM
ToastCharger

I swear I could have Malkin, Crosby and Ovie on this team and I would still lose. I cannot figure out the problem with my tactics for the life of me.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
I think it's time to let Chris Stewart and David Perron go. Both had mediocre seasons (under 7 rating each, about 40-something points) and both want to get contracts at 5mil/season. I couldn't win a cup with the current St. Louis team.
That's weird, Perron in my current Blues file was a monster. Consistently put up 90 points with usually 40-50 goals. I dealt Stewart and Oshie and picked up Voracek, Schenn, and Tyutin which was a steal for me. Won the cup a couple years later, and Tyutin was a beast for me until he retired putting up 45-55 points a year and a solid 8.5 rating.

Personally, I like to draft a lot of college kids and Swedes. College kids get more time to develop and Swedes tend to be boom or bust for me. My top two left wingers are both Swedes, and I got them in the 3rd and 4th round. I'll post picks later, but I believe their technical stats are almost all in the green, and both of the won the Calder the year they came over.

Old
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
ToastCharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
That's weird, Perron in my current Blues file was a monster. Consistently put up 90 points with usually 40-50 goals.
I haven't had a single player hit 90 points in a season. I can't figure out what's wrong with me this game. I had no problems in my first one but I just can't get things together for this one.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

For anyone like myself who spent countless hours playing the vanilla database, I'd like to wish happy trails to the real Antero Nittymaki as he moves into life post-hockey. Was one of the best players, and probably the best youngish goalie in the database and always easy to acquire in the beginning.

Old
04-12-2013, 05:04 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan101 View Post
For anyone like myself who spent countless hours playing the vanilla database, I'd like to wish happy trails to the real Antero Nittymaki as he moves into life post-hockey. Was one of the best players, and probably the best youngish goalie in the database and always easy to acquire in the beginning.
Amen! Always traded for him.

Old
04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

He retired ? He was so awesome ! Loved his name.

Old
04-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Doc Scurlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I know how you feel about wanting to keep the players. My Orr regen and my perfect player Fedor's careers are starting to wind down but I could never let them go... Fedor has 4000+ career points, I wonder if I will get asked if I want to retire his number (he did however have one year with the Sens...).

As for the coaching question, I have no clue how it relates for overall vs. individual skills.
That retired number thing is actually possible? I've heard rumors but no one ever gives a definite answer.

Closed Thread