HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Act II: 27-18-3 Playoffs!!!....we talkin about Playoffs??!?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2013, 03:18 PM
  #351
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Not good. I see 5 playoff teams and Winnipeg for the Caps. Jets only have 2 playoff teams. That Jets game could be for the division, and if they lose they could fall out of the playoffs completely.
That Jets game will be the back end of a b2b for them, whereas the Caps will have a couple days rest before that game.

BiPolar Caps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
  #352
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
That Jets game will be the back end of a b2b for them, whereas the Caps will have a couple days rest before that game.
I hope that helps.

No doubt about it, this last stretch is where we find out who this team really is. Good team who needed time to learn a system and got hit with an injury bug? Mediocre team that racked up wins against bad teams? Bad team that lucked into a hot streak in a short season?

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
  #353
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Not good. I see 5 playoff teams and Winnipeg for the Caps. Jets only have 2 playoff teams. That Jets game could be for the division, and if they lose they could fall out of the playoffs completely.
The Caps vs. Winnipeg this season: 15 GF, 5 GA

Don't think anyone should be worried how they fare against the Jets.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
  #354
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
The Caps vs. Winnipeg this season: 15 GF, 5 GA

Don't think anyone should be worried how they fare against the Jets.
I don't think Enstrom played any of those games, but yeah.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 09:29 PM
  #355
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
The Caps vs. Winnipeg this season: 15 GF, 5 GA

Don't think anyone should be worried how they fare against the Jets.
I'm still worried, our defensive core is looking rock solid with talent right now.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:27 AM
  #356
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Not good. I see 5 playoff teams and Winnipeg for the Caps. Jets only have 2 playoff teams. That Jets game could be for the division, and if they lose they could fall out of the playoffs completely.
Hear that. We have a tough schedule for sure.

But if Backstrom/Ovechkin/Green keep up their play we are a formidable opponent and the opposition should be very worried whether its the Habs or the Bs. I truly feel Toronto and Ottawa have overachieved this year but they cannot match our top end talent. In fact there is no team in the East outside of a healthy Pens that can.

It would help if Erat at least can get back in the lineup and that Laich's injury isn't as bad as we all think it is.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 07:48 AM
  #357
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Hear that. We have a tough schedule for sure.

But if Backstrom/Ovechkin/Green keep up their play we are a formidable opponent and the opposition should be very worried whether its the Habs or the Bs. I truly feel Toronto and Ottawa have overachieved this year but they cannot match our top end talent. In fact there is no team in the East outside of a healthy Pens that can.

It would help if Erat at least can get back in the lineup and that Laich's injury isn't as bad as we all think it is.
Hope so, but seeing MG's specialist pointing in other direction. Also, i'm with you on Toronto overachieving, Ottawa is a little better, but they are banged up. Today is a real test though...

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:22 AM
  #358
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
I know he's not playing today, but is there any more info on Ward?

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:59 AM
  #359
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I know he's not playing today, but is there any more info on Ward?
Not that I've heard. He made the trip to Montreal but didn't skate at all.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  #360
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Hope so, but seeing MG's specialist pointing in other direction. Also, i'm with you on Toronto overachieving, Ottawa is a little better, but they are banged up. Today is a real test though...
Yeah not good about Laich. I have a dread feeling about it. Sucks cuz we really need him.

Good to see Erat at least skate.

Big test tonight but we have had the whammy over the Habs since we got Halaked.

Matty P seemed to always come up big against them last year. I suspect he will tonight as well.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:24 PM
  #361
Roughing
Registered User
 
Roughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Frederick, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I know he's not playing today, but is there any more info on Ward?
Sounded like he was fine, just sore/bruised.

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
  #362
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
Sounded like he was fine, just sore/bruised.
Then he needs to get his azz out there! Oates should go all Herb Brooks on him.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:03 PM
  #363
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Then he needs to get his azz out there! Oates should go all Herb Brooks on him.


EDIT: I actually like that Oates wants his guys to actually get healthy before they play again. In the playoffs, it's one thing, but regular season playing hurt is often more ego than smarts. I realize they're in a playoff push now, but what good is it if they make it and are all banged up when it starts? (also, know you were joking, just saying.)

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 01:10 PM
  #364
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post


EDIT: I actually like that Oates wants his guys to actually get healthy before they play again. In the playoffs, it's one thing, but regular season playing hurt is often more ego than smarts. I realize they're in a playoff push now, but what good is it if they make it and are all banged up when it starts? (also, know you were joking, just saying.)
Yeah ..I was looking for an excuse to break out that classic scene and apply it.

Wolski gets his chance and if he doesn't perform he may not be getting another for quite some time.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  #365
Chokingdogs
Registered User
 
Chokingdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Yeah ..I was looking for an excuse to break out that classic scene and apply it.

Wolski gets his chance and if he doesn't perform he may not be getting another for quite some time.


noooo.....theres got to be another option??

Chokingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:56 PM
  #366
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
i see wolski gets the schultz treatment, i am ok with that.

players i do not want to see with the caps next season

schultz, wolski, laich

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
  #367
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
i see wolski gets the schultz treatment, i am ok with that.

players i do not want to see with the caps next season

schultz, wolski, laich
Why not Laich?

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
  #368
kmart
Registered User
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to kmart
because i think laich will be an injury prone the rest of his contract.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:22 PM
  #369
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart View Post
because i think laich will be an injury prone the rest of his contract.
Based upon what a hunch? The guy has been an ironman up to this point and is a hardcore workout warrior. Unless it's a career ending injury, I think he'll rebound just fine.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
  #370
amin723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Haymarket, VA
Posts: 493
vCash: 500
remember that one of our 5 playoff teams is the reeling Ottawa Senators x 2.

amin723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:06 AM
  #371
bgroban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Ovy becoming an HFB darling? This has truly been a weird season.

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
  #372
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
Schultz to the Flyers for a conditional draft pick sounds fair.

Caps get a pick and they would also get to play against Schultz more often with the new divisions. Philly is starved for defense. Make it happen

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
  #373
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroban View Post
Ovy becoming an HFB darling? This has truly been a weird season.
Everyone loves a comeback.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:26 AM
  #374
Lawrencejame
Registered User
 
Lawrencejame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Haha, did anyone see Oates presser?

"How did you feel about the break you guys got?"

Oates - "Break? What break?" (pissed off tone)

"Um, you know the Hillen Goal."

Oates - "Shot went right in. What break?"

"The ovechkin goal?"

Oates - "How is that a break he shot it right in? No breaks. I dont know what you mean...break."

lmao, or very similar to that anyways. Its at the tail end of his postgame video. Loving oates more and more this season.

Lawrencejame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
  #375
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,574
vCash: 1300
Attaboy Oates

I remember he was almost Byng like in the regs but come playoff time, he would become an ornery SOB. I guess he got the memo from George too.

Heck everyone at Kettler now knows George wants tougher players, and it should start at the top down.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.