HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM
No Good Names Left

vCash: 500
Fire Krueger

I never really liked the hiring of Krueger in the first place. There have been many little things, throughout the year, which Krueger has done/not done that just make me go through the roof.

I realize he came into the year saying, the Oil were going to attack and teams had to match lines against us. I applaud that, however, not respecting other teams stars, the time of the game (late in period/game, in OT) has lost us some games.

I will give two examples off the top of my head:

Yesterday with 6 seconds left, he has gagner taking the draw, not Smithson? Smithson was 83% yesterday, and gagner was the worst among Oiler centers. I don't care about right or left shooting, you don't win the draw, you don't have the puck, you don't even have a chance to tie. Even Nuge was 60% yesterday.

The Vancouver OT goal a couple months back: He has Eberle and Yakupov out there together? Seriously? To me that is just ridiculous.

There have been various times throughout the year where he has Dmen out there, against other teams top scorers, that have no business being out there!

I am not jumping off the wagon, I think with a few more pieces and the young guys just getting older, wiser and stronger, this team will be a force. I just don't think the Oiler brass (Lowe, Tambo, MacT, Krueger, Bucky, Smith) are the right guys to lead any organization.

Thoughts?

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Declassified

vCash: 1150
no thanks. and im sure theres a thread on this topic with the same title

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Doppler Drift

What a novel idea.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

He's made some boneheaded decisions for sure, but it's been a shortened season, which means less time to regroup, lest rest, spreading the minutes out, etc. I'd give him another year and see what he can do.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
No Good Names Left

There is already thread, my bad. I will vent there....Sorry

Old
04-09-2013, 05:32 PM
No Good Names Left

I agree, plus, I think he manages the bench terribly!
Why was smithson not taking that draw at the end of the game?

Old
04-09-2013, 05:37 PM
timekeep

Why did he have his goalie pulled with 30secs left in a 2-1 game and faceoff at center ice. The Swiss Miss must go back to the Alps? He is not a head coach, he is a media guy and that seems to be more important than putting together a game plan for skilled players.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
rosemount289

Yes..............???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I still don't like the man-on-man defensive system
You hit the nail right on the head............the Oiler Defensemen get lost when they try to follow the opposition one on one........how many times have we seen the goalie left all alone with no support from the "D" and the forwards!

A veteran team can play this type of Defensive system but the Oilers with their inexperience line up...............no way!

rosemount289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Why did he have his goalie pulled with 30secs left in a 2-1 game and faceoff at center ice. The Swiss Miss must go back to the Alps? He is not a head coach, he is a media guy and that seems to be more important than putting together a game plan for skilled players.
They didn't capitalize, it was obviously the right call in a desperate situation the boys just couldn't get it done.

Six in O6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 06:52 PM
#ualberta

Ah the old fire krueger thread

Good times

I still want him fired btw

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Muscles Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
I never really liked the hiring of Krueger in the first place. There have been many little things, throughout the year, which Krueger has done/not done that just make me go through the roof.

I realize he came into the year saying, the Oil were going to attack and teams had to match lines against us. I applaud that, however, not respecting other teams stars, the time of the game (late in period/game, in OT) has lost us some games.

Yesterday with 6 seconds left, he has gagner taking the draw, not Smithson? Smithson was 83% yesterday, and gagner was the worst among Oiler centers. I don't care about right or left shooting, you don't win the draw, you don't have the puck, you don't even have a chance to tie. Even Nuge was 60% yesterday.

The Vancouver OT goal a couple months back: He has Eberle and Yakupov out there together? Seriously? To me that is just ridiculous.

There have been various times throughout the year where he has Dmen out there, against other teams top scorers, that have no business being out there!

I am not jumping off the wagon, I think with a few more pieces and the young guys just getting older, wiser and stronger, this team will be a force. I just don't think the Oiler brass (Lowe, Tambo, MacT, Krueger, Bucky, Smith) are the right guys to lead any organization.

Thoughts?
Krueger just can't win. If he plays Yakupov and Eberle in overtime, people complain about how that is a poor matchup. If they bench them, people complain about how Krueger is not playing to win, and just wants to get to the shootout.

Muscles Glasses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Everest

Coaching isn't killing this team. Management is.

That being said...I still say we should've given this team to Therrien and let him buggy whip them into playing like men.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles Glasses View Post
Krueger just can't win. If he plays Yakupov and Eberle in overtime, people complain about how that is a poor matchup. If they bench them, people complain about how Krueger is not playing to win, and just wants to get to the shootout.
Don't coaches get fired for that?

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles Glasses View Post
How is this possible? The only times they played Yak in overtime, he won the games for them. And by the way, it was Kreuger himself who said he was playing to get to the shootout.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:07 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

for the sake of argument--I am willing tom wager a flight to Australia first class that if Krugar was fired and we had a new coach this fall-- by December 1st we would have a "fire the new coach thread"

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post

Thoughts?
Amen brother.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Don't coaches get fired for that?
I'm guessing 20 or 30 more years outside the playoffs, or when KLowe turns 80, he's the guy to go.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
aspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
I'm guessing 20 or 30 more years outside the playoffs, or when KLowe turns 80, he's the guy to go.
Wow.....saying fans are fickle is an understatement. The guy has had no practice time with this young team in this shortened season and you want to fire him. I would love to see next year at this time how many of you are singing his praises.......it makes my stomach turn to see how impatient fans are and how quickly it turns to cheers when it is going good. Can none of you see the progress that has been made and what next year will look like. A lot of the players on this team are the envy of the league....the speed of this team is the envy of the league. A few adjustments and another year under their belt and you know for sure next year we will be talking about playoffs.

aspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:23 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
for the sake of argument--I am willing tom wager a flight to Australia first class that if Krugar was fired and we had a new coach this fall-- by December 1st we would have a "fire the new coach thread"
You mean a 'fire Buchburger thread' right?

Old
04-10-2013, 02:25 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
They didn't capitalize, it was obviously the right call in a desperate situation the boys just couldn't get it done.
The face off was at center ice, we don't win too many face offs so a Duck just had to skate a few feet and they could shoot at an empty net. Then the game would be over. I realize that they did not capitalize but you don't pull your goalie for center ice face offs.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:26 AM
17Kurri

Quote:
You mean a 'fire Buchburger thread' right?
Please, let's not even think of Buchberger as the next coach. Maybe if we don't think it, it won't happen...

17Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
Please, let's not even think of Buchberger as the next coach. Maybe if we don't think it, it won't happen...
Well isn't that what everyone who wants Krueger fired will get?

Fire Krueger = Hire Buchberger.

So... 402, timekeep, No Good Names Left all really like Buchberger apparently.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:35 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Smyth in the lineup tonight over Jones again.

It's embarrassing that Krueger continues to play Smyth, probably because he thinks Smyth deserves some sort of respect for being a long time Oiler. What happened to accountability?

We have better players available. Play them.

Last edited by OilerTyler: 04-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.
OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:55 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Well isn't that what everyone who wants Krueger fired will get?

Fire Krueger = Hire Buchberger.

So... 402, timekeep, No Good Names Left all really like Buchberger apparently.
Short of the guys wearing golf shirts and khaki shorts, I am not against them firing all management and coaches.

It is a joke that they change HCs so much but the assistants stay and get promoted. No clue what they are doing when it comes to change.

Old
04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
The face off was at center ice, we don't win too many face offs so a Duck just had to skate a few feet and they could shoot at an empty net. Then the game would be over. I realize that they did not capitalize but you don't pull your goalie for center ice face offs.
We were better than the Ducks on the faceoff dot that game. 55%

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote