HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Top 10 Centers of All-Time (Preliminary Top 20 List Due!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
  #26
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I think it would be hilarious if Petr Nedved made the list. He's gotta be top 20, at least. I miss that guy. He was so frustrating, and the team was so bad, that he became something of a lovable loser. To me, anyway.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:09 PM
  #27
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
150 Point Club (Rangers Career Only)

Player GP G A Pts +/- PPG
Jean Ratelle 862 336 481 817 168 0.95
Mark Messier 698 250 441 691 74 0.99
Walt Tkaczuk 945 227 451 678 185 0.72
Frank Boucher 533 152 261 413 0.77
Phil Esposito 422 184 220 404 -116 0.96
Petr Nedved 478 149 202 351 -16 0.73
Phil Goyette 397 98 231 329 26 0.83
Phil Watson 492 109 218 327 0.66
Don Raleigh 535 101 219 320 0.6
Mark Pavelich 341 133 185 318 50 0.93
Pete Stemkowski 496 113 204 317 25 0.64
Mike Rogers 316 117 191 308 -55 0.97
Kelly Kisio 336 110 195 305 31 0.91
Edgar Laprade 500 108 172 280 0.56
Camille Henry 336 138 127 265 8 0.79
Earl Ingarfield 527 122 142 264 0.5
Wayne Gretzky 234 57 192 249 -22 1.06
Neil Colville 286 86 129 215 0.75
Brandon Dubinsky 393 81 132 213 24 0.54
Ron Duguay 307 101 111 212 -19 0.69
Sergei Nemchinov 371 98 114 212 61 0.57
Red Sullivan 322 59 150 209 0.65
Larry Popein 402 75 127 202 0.5
Clint Smith 281 80 115 195 0.69
Murray Murdoch 508 84 108 192 0.38
Darren Turcotte 249 90 99 189 1 0.76
Walt Poddubny 152 78 97 175 18 1.15
Butch Keeling 414 128 46 174 0.42
Ulf Nilsson 170 57 112 169 28 0.99
Buddy O'Connor 238 62 102 164 0.69
Michael Nylander 160 49 113 162 43 1.01
Eric Lindros 192 66 92 158 31 0.82
Paul Ronty 260 45 113 158 0.61
Ab DeMarco 180 67 86 153 0.85
Pierre Larouche 152 75 78 153 -35 1.01
Chris Drury 264 62 89 151 -19 0.57


Last edited by Crease: 04-09-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
  #28
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
So Boucher, Messier, Esposito and Ratelle look like the only true locks right now
6-10 is going to be a VERY interesting debate in Round 2.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
  #29
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I think it would be hilarious if Petr Nedved made the list. He's gotta be top 20, at least. I miss that guy. He was so frustrating, and the team was so bad, that he became something of a lovable loser. To me, anyway.
If you told me yesterday that Nedved would have a shot I would have laughed. But he keeps popping up in these tables.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
  #30
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
If you told me yesterday that Nedved would have a shot I would have laughed. But he keeps popping up in these tables.
Every time you post one of those, the first thing I can think of is "I bet Nedved is higher than I think he'll be." He usually is.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
  #31
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
So Boucher, Messier, Esposito and Ratelle look like the only true locks right now
Having a hard time seeing how you leave Tkachuk off the list. He had 5 or 6 60 point seasons, he only played for the Rangers, and the team was in the playoffs almost every year of his career. They made it past the first round at least 5 times, if I recall correctly.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:22 PM
  #32
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 12,062
vCash: 500
looking at that point table i dont see how nedved isnt in the 8-15 range. my god we have sucked at having good centers lol.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:31 PM
  #33
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Having a hard time seeing how you leave Tkachuk off the list. He had 5 or 6 60 point seasons, he only played for the Rangers, and the team was in the playoffs almost every year of his career. They made it past the first round at least 5 times, if I recall correctly.
Forgot about Tkachuk, without looking at the tables. He's probably a lock as well.

And Nedved may actually have a shot to sneak in, which is pathetic

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
  #34
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
One guy who won't make it, but probably deserves more consideration than some might think based on these tables is Nemchinov.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
  #35
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Can I suggest a chart? Ranked by Rangers career PPG?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:39 PM
  #36
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Can I suggest a chart? Ranked by Rangers career PPG?
The post by crease above has this

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
  #37
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
The post by crease above has this
It has PPG, but not RANKED by PPG.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
  #38
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
150 Point Club (Rangers Career Only)

Player GP G A Pts +/- PPG
Jean Ratelle 862 336 481 817 168 0.95
Mark Messier 698 250 441 691 74 0.99
Walt Tkaczuk 945 227 451 678 185 0.72
Frank Boucher 533 152 261 413 0.77
Phil Esposito 422 184 220 404 -116 0.96
Petr Nedved 478 149 202 351 -16 0.73
Phil Goyette 397 98 231 329 26 0.83
Phil Watson 492 109 218 327 0.66
Don Raleigh 535 101 219 320 0.6
Mark Pavelich 341 133 185 318 50 0.93
Pete Stemkowski 496 113 204 317 25 0.64
Mike Rogers 316 117 191 308 -55 0.97
Kelly Kisio 336 110 195 305 31 0.91
Edgar Laprade 500 108 172 280 0.56
Camille Henry 336 138 127 265 8 0.79
Earl Ingarfield 527 122 142 264 0.5
Wayne Gretzky 234 57 192 249 -22 1.06
Neil Colville 286 86 129 215 0.75
Brandon Dubinsky 393 81 132 213 24 0.54
Ron Duguay 307 101 111 212 -19 0.69
Sergei Nemchinov 371 98 114 212 61 0.57
Red Sullivan 322 59 150 209 0.65
Larry Popein 402 75 127 202 0.5
Clint Smith 281 80 115 195 0.69
Murray Murdoch 508 84 108 192 0.38
Darren Turcotte 249 90 99 189 1 0.76
Walt Poddubny 152 78 97 175 18 1.15
Butch Keeling 414 128 46 174 0.42
Ulf Nilsson 170 57 112 169 28 0.99
Buddy O'Connor 238 62 102 164 0.69
Michael Nylander 160 49 113 162 43 1.01
Eric Lindros 192 66 92 158 31 0.82
Paul Ronty 260 45 113 158 0.61
Ab DeMarco 180 67 86 153 0.85
Pierre Larouche 152 75 78 153 -35 1.01
Chris Drury 264 62 89 151 -19 0.57
Keeling, Poddubny, and Murdoch aren't C's.

If we're letting Gretzky on the list, then we should let Ulf Nilsson on. He was a PPG center over his three seasons here and led us just as far in the playoffs as Gretzky did, while once again putting up over a PPG. Very comparable, IMO.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM
  #39
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It has PPG, but not RANKED by PPG.
ahh, touche

I can post one after I get home tonight, but that won't be for about 8 hrs

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
  #40
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
It has PPG, but not RANKED by PPG.
Check out my quote of that table of 150 point Rangers; I edited it so it's sortable by PPG.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
  #41
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Check out my quote of that table of 150 point Rangers; I edited it so it's sortable by PPG.
Sweet, thanks.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
  #42
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Keeling, Poddubny, and Murdoch aren't C's.

If we're letting Gretzky on the list, then we should let Ulf Nilsson on. He was a PPG center over his three seasons here and led us just as far in the playoffs as Gretzky did, while once again putting up over a PPG. Very comparable, IMO.
I'm okay adding Nilsson. I was thinking about it myself.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:49 PM
  #43
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
For future reference, [table="head;title=list"] as the opening table tag allows the columns to be sortable.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
  #44
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
For future reference, [table="head;title=list"] as the opening table tag allows the columns to be sortable.
Awesome tip. Nilsson has been added too.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
  #45
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
I'd like to start looking at playoff resumes as well as adjusted points.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  #46
Greg02
Registered User
 
Greg02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,958
vCash: 500
I'm putting together a table of eligible players and seasons played, games played, PPG, playoff games played, and PO/PPG.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
  #47
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
I'd like to start looking at playoff resumes as well as adjusted points.
I'm assuming that adjusted points is something that attempts to compare point totals from different eras? If so is there an 'accepted' formula to use for this?

Playoff stats are interesting, but the Rangers went through so many bad periods that it makes it tough to give them too much weight (although you can argue that the great players will drag their team into the playoffs)

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
  #48
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 19,481
vCash: 420
Walt Poddubny is an interesting one. Pretty recent too. Anyone know more about him, aside that he died in 2009 (RIP)

__________________
Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #49
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Walt Poddubny is an interesting one. Pretty recent too. Anyone know more about him, aside that he died in 2009 (RIP)
Pretty sure he played RW. Also, at only two seasons I think that it's not enough time in a Ranger jersey

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
  #50
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
In the same vein, does anyone have info on Goyette? Good ppg, but his playoff ppg is horrible (0.23). He finished top 10 in assists across the league 4 seasons in a row. Who was he setting up?
Goyette seems like a good darkhorse candidate for the top 10.

Slick playmaker who spent the middle years of his career with the Rangers. Four of the six he was top 10 in the NHL in assists. Twice top ten in points. You're right though, complete non-factor in the playoffs.

According to this bio, Goyette was pivot between Don Marshall and Bob Nevin. Looks like both their numbers dipped dramatically in 1969/70 after Goyette was picked up by St. Louis (where he coincidently had his career year).

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.