HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/9/13-Blues@Preds-"Barry Trotz Kind of Players"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
  #76
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
Probably the hopeful payoff beard. No need for that now apparently.
I dunno, looked like he had been working on it for a long time to be a playoff beard...

I mean really, how can you interview the guy with the most impressive beard on the team, who no longer has said beard, and not ask him about it?! Poor journalism!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
  #77
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,152
vCash: 500
Geez I need bacon after that one.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
  #78
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Preds have been shut out 7 times in just 41 games. Ugh.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
  #79
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Is anyone watching on TV? Has Stu Grimson's face always looked like that? Looks like he got a facelift....yeeesh.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
  #80
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
One would think the youngsters would shoot the puck and try to make things happen. The only explanation would be all there thinking about is getting back defensively. Watson did not have a shot.

The good they were not blown out.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
  #81
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Preds have been shut out 7 times in just 41 games. Ugh.
I just read on Twitter it's 8. 20% of our games. Unreal.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
  #82
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,269
vCash: 500
This was a trainwreck. I know we're missing 5 forwards but man, that was horrible.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:48 PM
  #83
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,247
vCash: 500
Shutout again! We suck! Booo! I mean, yay, we lost! What a terrible team, this is disgraceful! But good! Go Preds! Boo Preds! Hooray!

This whole tanking mentality is messing with my brain.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
  #84
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
The only thing more depressing than the way this train wreck of a season is finishing is reading this board.

What in the heck did some of you expect tonight- a 6-1 win??

We are basically fielding an AHL team out there- as I said after the Chicago loss on Saturday, I just don't know how much more you can ask considering how many forwards we are missing.

I guess its just me, but the fact that we have stayed competitive in just about every game the past 2 weeks is a positive in my book.......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
  #85
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
One would think the youngsters would shoot the puck and try to make things happen. The only explanation would be all there thinking about is getting back defensively. Watson did not have a shot.

The good they were not blown out.
Watson's play resulted in shots on goal for Smith and Clune including the team's best chance in the second period. Josi's two SOG accounting for half of our total from the blueline (Weber and Bartley with one each) is much more disconcerting than a rookie in his first few games not getting a SOG. SK, Legwand, Butler, Mueller accounting for zero SOG is beyond troublesome.

Still, one defensive lapse where everybody focused on the player in the middle of the ice while leaving the guy with the puck alone on the wing was the game deciding play. Our bottom six generated some pressure ... they just couldn't finish.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
  #86
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
This was a trainwreck. I know we're missing 5 forwards but man, that was horrible.
The issue isn't how many forwards we're missing it is the fact that 3 of our top 5 goal scorers are among that crew .... plus one traded away. Half of our early season starting forwards are missing right now ... astounding.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  #87
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Just home from the game. Easily the most painful team to watch in the entire NHL... at least the Avs have Landeskog and Duchesne...

This game was a horrible microcosm of everything that is wrong with the Preds, the players, the coaching staff and even the fans...

The players: soft as mushy grapes. The Blues had no fear. They could operate as they chose to, with no fear of even being touched.

The coaching staff: No flexibility... roll those four lines, none of which seemed to know how to complete a pass and watch those defensemen (Klein, with what had to be his worst home game of the season) just make no-look backhand passes into the slot when no one was home.

The fans: Let's just say I left 213 and went and sat in 206 after one period because it was embarrassing to hear grown men think they actually knew something about the game, when in fact they probably would have been more knowledgeable at a chili cook-off.

It's tough to watch because I have no allegiance to any of these other teams coming in and controlling play.

Thank God for Rinne...

Golf Preds Golf!

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:04 PM
  #88
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
The only thing more depressing than the way this train wreck of a season is finishing is reading this board.

What in the heck did some of you expect tonight- a 6-1 win??

We are basically fielding an AHL team out there- as I said after the Chicago loss on Saturday, I just don't know how much more you can ask considering how many forwards we are missing.

I guess its just me, but the fact that we have stayed competitive in just about every game the past 2 weeks is a positive in my book.......
I guess I'm expecting games more reminiscent of the 1998-99 Preds: suckage, but passionate and entertaining suckage. Not that boring abomination of a game we saw tonight.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
  #89
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,504
vCash: 500
A win/win for me. If Preds win, sweet, if not, bring on the best draft pick possible.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:17 PM
  #90
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
The only thing more depressing than the way this train wreck of a season is finishing is reading this board.

What in the heck did some of you expect tonight- a 6-1 win??

We are basically fielding an AHL team out there- as I said after the Chicago loss on Saturday, I just don't know how much more you can ask considering how many forwards we are missing.

I guess its just me, but the fact that we have stayed competitive in just about every game the past 2 weeks is a positive in my book.......
ok no offense.. but you are so much worse than the negative ones at this point.

we suck .. we don't have to be positive. cause honestly we don't have any indication next season will be different. we weren't a playoff team when everyone was healthy. you always make good points but c'mon lol

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #91
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
The only thing more depressing than the way this train wreck of a season is finishing is reading this board.

What in the heck did some of you expect tonight- a 6-1 win??

We are basically fielding an AHL team out there- as I said after the Chicago loss on Saturday, I just don't know how much more you can ask considering how many forwards we are missing.

I guess its just me, but the fact that we have stayed competitive in just about every game the past 2 weeks is a positive in my book.......


I don't think anyone would have expected a win. This was a preseason game evaluating the talent. The number one thing the coaching staff looking for is offense as fans we know that has been a shortfall. So we should expect the call-ups along with Smith, Hali, and Butler to do something to make Trotz want them here next Oct. e did not see much to convince us. They are getting a early preseason to showcase show what they can do. Even playing a better team we should expect a goal or two. 7 games left now and some of these guys had better show something or there gonna be gone come draft time. One way or the other there are holes that will be filled. A repeat of this season next year will cost Trotz his job for sure. So if you think were critical imagine how critical noneck is going to be.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
  #92
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
A win/win for me. If Preds win, sweet, if not, bring on the best draft pick possible.
Yep. And the truth is, this team is going to need to find some real scoring in the offseason. Draft, a trade, free agency...Poile has to get something. And I know about all of the injuries. But the scoring wasn't that hot with people healthy.

Getting shutout every 5 games will not get it done.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:38 PM
  #93
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
ok no offense.. but you are so much worse than the negative ones at this point.

we suck .. we don't have to be positive. cause honestly we don't have any indication next season will be different. we weren't a playoff team when everyone was healthy. you always make good points but c'mon lol
I am not asking anyone to be positive- I AM NOT BEING POSITIVE- this season sucks- I've said it over and over again. But the fact is, we have been decimated by injuries, and there is no way anyone should expect anything different than what is happening.

Except that I can't even believe we are being so competitive in these games- its a very good sign.

And as far as your "we weren't a playoff team when healthy"- well, you don't know that because we pretty much haven't been healthy the whole season. And I truly believe that had we had a healthy team all season, we would have been a playoff team- we are only 5 points out right now- I would bet my house that if we had had everyone healthy, we would have 2-3 more wins EASILY- and we would be right there for a playoff spot......

Again, just my 2 cents- I really don't know why I bother replying.......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
  #94
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
Just home from the game. Easily the most painful team to watch in the entire NHL... at least the Avs have Landeskog and Duchesne...

This game was a horrible microcosm of everything that is wrong with the Preds, the players, the coaching staff and even the fans...

The players: soft as mushy grapes. The Blues had no fear. They could operate as they chose to, with no fear of even being touched.

The coaching staff: No flexibility... roll those four lines, none of which seemed to know how to complete a pass and watch those defensemen (Klein, with what had to be his worst home game of the season) just make no-look backhand passes into the slot when no one was home.

The fans: Let's just say I left 213 and went and sat in 206 after one period because it was embarrassing to hear grown men think they actually knew something about the game, when in fact they probably would have been more knowledgeable at a chili cook-off.

It's tough to watch because I have no allegiance to any of these other teams coming in and controlling play.

Thank God for Rinne...

Golf Preds Golf!
So you heard a couple of jack ***** pretending to know what they're talking about, and all of the sudden that is an indictment of the entire fan base? That isn't exactly fair...

I once heard the local LA media mispronounce Drew Doughty's name. I don't think that everyone in LA can't pronounce Doughty.

__________________
She runs through my veins like a long, black river, and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
  #95
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
A repeat of this season next year will cost Trotz his job for sure. So if you think were critical imagine how critical noneck is going to be.
Agree with this 10000%- if we have this kind of year next year, I will be right along with everyone else with the negativity. But not right now, in these circumstances....

And again, everyone just picks and chooses their criticism. You say we should still expect a goal or two- well, we did that in two games at Chicago- we scored 5 goals in 2 games against the best defense in the NHL- yet people were just as negative and critical there as they are when we are shutout......

The fact that we are staying competitive in every game is a major positive and to me, a reason to have some optimism going into next year......

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  #96
dknash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Predators Hockey: Expect to Lose! (losing isn't everything, it's the only thing)

dknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
  #97
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,996
vCash: 500
Except in 2011-2012, and 2010-2011, and 2008-2009, and 2006-2007, and 2005-2006.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:48 PM
  #98
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Agree with this 10000%- if we have this kind of year next year, I will be right along with everyone else with the negativity. But not right now, in these circumstances....

And again, everyone just picks and chooses their criticism. You say we should still expect a goal or two- well, we did that in two games at Chicago- we scored 5 goals in 2 games against the best defense in the NHL- yet people were just as negative and critical there as they are when we are shutout......

The fact that we are staying competitive in every game is a major positive and to me, a reason to have some optimism going into next year......


Can you at least admit that tonight the callups showed little to fill positions in Oct.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
  #99
dknash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Except in 2011-2012, and 2010-2011, and 2008-2009, and 2006-2007, and 2005-2006.
Was just what I was getting from the PR dept.

dknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
  #100
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Can you at least admit that tonight the callups showed little to fill positions in Oct.
Tonight only Rinne showed he belongs on the team next year, but one game isn't a very good sample.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.